Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MasterOfSin
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:24 pm 

Hi,
i don't no if is a bug, but this release appears has a FL but when i try to change the data give an error saying the Split needs a valid band.

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/P ... %A1/343072

Thank you.

Storm of the Light's Bane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:31 pm 

MasterOfSin wrote:
Hi,
i don't no if is a bug, but this release appears has a FL but when i try to change the data give an error saying the Split needs a valid band.

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/P ... %A1/343072

Thank you.

Fixed, it had a empty band entry assigned to it.
I'm sure he would have pushed strongly for them to be included. I'm guessing there was a fight among the mods over whether to include them, and it ended with Metantoine being imprisoned in Napero's Finnish ice wizard tower.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:59 pm 

A bit of a forum feedback:
Since the "cleansing The archives " thread is very often clogged up and there are already bands on three following sites waiting for a review recently, I wonder, if a special forum "Why a band was acceptd_ could be created, in a similar way to the Band question forum", also marking the aanswred questionetc. I believe gratly, Ithat I wowould help both the site and moderators, both also the common users. Please, thake a look at the current situation: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=65721&p=2864697#p2864697

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:29 pm 

Sorry about that, Witcher. I would prefer a system like that, I think it would be very helpful for our organization. Traffic would be very slow compared to the current band appeals subforum, but I guess that's not a problem. In fact, it would likely be a good thing. Or perhaps we could allow all appeals, rejection appeal or suggestion of removal in the same subforum.

We'd have to discuss it internally first, but I can give the suggestion a +1. I'd find it helpful.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:53 pm 

Midnightwards666 wrote:
Sorry about that, Witcher. I would prefer a system like that, I think it would be very helpful for our organization. Traffic would be very slow compared to the current band appeals subforum, but I guess that's not a problem. In fact, it would likely be a good thing. Or perhaps we could allow all appeals, rejection appeal or suggestion of removal in the same subforum.

We'd have to discuss it internally first, but I can give the suggestion a +1. I'd find it helpful.

Thanks for your response and for showing interest in my suggestion, I really hope , that some positive changes will be made soon in regards to what I have described.

droneriot
incelgender

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:21 pm 

Instead of a whole subforum, why not split the current thread into two? One for bands that aren't metal, one for bands that don't have valid releases.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:50 pm 

This would also help, but it still would not exclude the risk of having a band post overlooked. TThe problem also is, that many non-metal bands have quite extensive discographyies and when you post five or more such bands on one page , it will become quite messy relatively fast. A special forum would eenable moderators to qquckly overview a band's discography and also to determine, with which band they could start first.

droneriot
incelgender

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:18 pm 

Since I'd like to avoid another lecture on keeping out of the moderation threads I'll post this here. That latest Lord of Diamonds appeal, as I explain in the response I wrote, I think there really should be something in the Band Appeals guidelines encouraging people to think about whether an appeal is really something they should invest their time in if even they themselves aren't in any way convinced the band is metal. Just a suggestion for the "rules and guidelines" thread in said subforum:

Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:
After a VERY fast rejection (about ten minutes in the queue), I’m here to present possibly better metallic evidence for this band.

https://kalyptra.bandcamp.com/album/eons

What do you think? I’d say that the guitars are note-y enough to be considered metal for the most part.

myself wrote:
From a non-mod user perspective I can tell you one thing from years of observation that I kind of think should be in the guidelines, that when users type out these really unsure appeals like "from a certain perspective if you tilt your head and squint your eyes this album could kind of half sound like almost metal" they should really stop and think that if even they as the person making the appeal aren't really convinced that it's metal, should they really make the appeal?

I haven't heard the music and it could be less metal than The Offspring or more metal than Ripping Corpse, that's not what I'm referring to, that's, as we all know, is the moderators' job to say, I'm just commenting on that particular form of wording an appeal because I've seen it so many times that users making an appeal don't at all seem convinced that the band they're talking about is really metal themselves, so why even make an appeal if even you yourself aren't really sold on the band being a metal band?

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:23 pm 

Well, there's common sense... for example, not appealing for bands whose new release sounds exactly like the old one which got the band blacklisted, or appealing for bands that you don't think are acceptable and holding onto a very faint hope. I don't see anything wrong with that thread though... he is entitled to ask, and he even said he thinks it's metal enough. It's fine for a user to make enquiries for borderline releases that may be acceptable.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8