Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
The_Black_Priest
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:10 am
Posts: 193
Location: India
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:54 am 
 

There are lots of bands in countries like USA or UK.
To search bands from the country's list will be a bit cumbersome as the list starts with Alphabets.
it will take a longer time to search bands with "S" or other initials easily.

Top
 Profile  
Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 9:50 am
Posts: 4618
Location: Brazil
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:52 am 
 

Morrigan wrote:
I'll also get a purge for the modification history. Eventually we'll probably keep the last month of updates or so (exact duration to be determined).

Is there a reason to get rid of the modification history in the first place? If there is no technical reason for doing so, I would suggest keeping them.

Quote:
If there is one thing that bothers me above all else about v2 its the fact that it doesn't scale the page to wider resolutions like the old MA did. It makes it feel like the space is wasted.

Agreed, but I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Quote:
Check out Destruction, Demilich, Enslaved, Finntroll, and Graveland. There are quite a few others as well.

Ok, reported.

Quote:
There are lots of bands in countries like USA or UK.
To search bands from the country's list will be a bit cumbersome as the list starts with Alphabets.
it will take a longer time to search bands with "S" or other initials easily.

I've already wrote that, in the future, you'll be able to change the number of results in lists.


BUG FIXES

Quote:
Split bug

I think I just found another bug. http://img812.imageshack.us/f/mabug.jpg/ A release was improperly entered as a live album and I wanted to change it to a split one, when adding another band which is on MA, by clicking on the check button, it adds it as another band not on MA.

Fixed.

Quote:
Problem with modification history

I've been updating a few bands' releases with the line-up for each release (a feature which I absolutely love about V.2) and everything worked fine. I then was curious and checked my modification history on my profile. It says that I've modified some things about those albums (like lyrics and song lengths) when I did no such thing. I just want to check if this is a bug and, if not, why this happened. Also don't want to get in some sort of trouble for making changes which aren't actually changes (for example, where it says I've changed lyrics, there is not actual change) which I didn't even make.

Fixed. The first case was caused by empty track lengths; instead of saving 00:00:00 for empty track lengths, it saved "NULL". Either way is good, but it detected a difference and saved the history. I've made it so that future empty track lengths are all at 00:00:00 like in v1, so that kind of false positive should happen less often (if they do it's not a big deal).

The lyrics thing is a bit more problematic, since it's once again a matter of htmlentities. I've analysed the data and in the old value, the "…" character was an html entity, which being loaded into the (hidden) lyrics field, was then saved as a real character when the user clicked save. This will happen a few times at first but it's once again a false positive we can't really do much about.



Quote:
Search collection / want / trade list

Actually, you can already do that. Go to the album, click on the wrench and select "See who owns this album".


Last edited by Evenfiel on Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
Westvargr
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:51 pm
Posts: 312
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:03 am 
 

http://209.59.186.200/~metalarc/albums/ ... iet/302279

When I add the song lengths, it won't save them.
_________________
Last.fm

Top
 Profile  
Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 9:50 am
Posts: 4618
Location: Brazil
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:09 am 
 

Kevmaster wrote:
http://209.59.186.200/~metalarc/albums/Sky%27s_Shadow/Romeo_%26_Juliet/302279

When I add the song lengths, it won't save them.

Indeed, it seems that non-veterans can't do so. Reported.

Top
 Profile  
dust666
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:46 pm
Posts: 666
Location: Romania
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:10 am 
 

If I search for Negura Bunget, i get this strange error.

Error 404
Band not found

We are sorry, the band Negură_Bunget you were looking for could not be found. Perhaps the entry has been deleted, or is still pending moderation approval.

If you followed a link from an external site, it was most likely out of date. If you followed a link from within the site and believe this is an error, please report the dead URL below immediately. (Make sure to tell us where you clicked to end up on this page.)
http://209.59.186.200/~metalarc/~metala ... unget/4356

Thank you for your comprehension.


And it hasn't been deleted, it's here:
http://209.59.186.200/~metalarc/bands/N ... unget/4356

Plus I shouldn't get this kind of error if I search for a band which isn't on the archives.

Top
 Profile  
Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 9:50 am
Posts: 4618
Location: Brazil
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:24 am 
 

Quote:
If I search for Negura Bunget, i get this strange error.

That's because they had html on their name. I've fixed it.

Top
 Profile  
Lord_Lexy
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:06 pm
Posts: 693
Location: Belgium
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:18 am 
 

Suppose you wish to add Bruce Dickinson to an album/a band and you search for him. Than he appears with all the bands he's been involved with, but some of those bands appear several times. If he is linked with Iron Maiden (the band), but also linked with Iron Maiden, Killers, Number of the Beast, ... then the band Iron Maiden will appear once for the band itself and once for every Maiden album he has done.
_________________
Ython [FB - Stream Titanomachy] // Digipacks are an insult to music

Top
 Profile  
Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 9:50 am
Posts: 4618
Location: Brazil
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:17 am 
 

Lord_Lexy wrote:
Suppose you wish to add Bruce Dickinson to an album/a band and you search for him. Than he appears with all the bands he's been involved with, but some of those bands appear several times. If he is linked with Iron Maiden (the band), but also linked with Iron Maiden, Killers, Number of the Beast, ... then the band Iron Maiden will appear once for the band itself and once for every Maiden album he has done.

Reported.

Top
 Profile  
GraveWish
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:49 am
Posts: 913
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:41 am 
 

Quote:
GraveWish wrote:
I see now what happened when I added the band to the queue I created a page for the member another user modified the line-up of an already approved band and he linked the member to that page strange no since my band is not approved yet what if it got rejected I suppose all the pages created for the members will got auto-removed with the rejection or not?

Commas motherfucker, do you know them?


http://discipline.nuvvo.com/lesson/1071 ... ng-manners
_________________
Quote:
As their material is being released in quantities more than 20 home dubbed tapes, the band has been removed from the Metal-Archives.

Top
 Profile  
LegendMaker
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:24 am
Posts: 1710
Location: France
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:43 am 
 

Evenfiel wrote:
Lord_Lexy wrote:
Suppose you wish to add Bruce Dickinson to an album/a band and you search for him. Than he appears with all the bands he's been involved with, but some of those bands appear several times. If he is linked with Iron Maiden (the band), but also linked with Iron Maiden, Killers, Number of the Beast, ... then the band Iron Maiden will appear once for the band itself and once for every Maiden album he has done.

Reported.

Looks like the exact same bug I mentioned on page 4, when all of a sudden the list of bands for Michael Weikath had become "Helloween, Helloween, Helloween, Helloween, etc.". I assumed it was a one-off glitch, since it went back to normal after that one time. I guess there's more to it, but it's not systematical at least.

On a side note, if Dickinson is linked to 'Killers', that'd be another bug entirely. :D
_________________
Osore wrote:
I would like to hear some recommendations of black metal bands/albums that sound depressive, yet sad and melancholic at the same time.

Top
 Profile  
Lord_Lexy
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:06 pm
Posts: 693
Location: Belgium
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:01 am 
 

...
On a side note, if Dickinson is linked to 'Killers', that'd be another bug entirely. :D[/quote]
Damn, should have paid attention while writing :ugh:
_________________
Ython [FB - Stream Titanomachy] // Digipacks are an insult to music

Top
 Profile  
Cyberquake
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:01 pm
Posts: 34
Location: Portugal
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:08 am 
 

Hello,

First of all, congratulations on the new website. It has way more content, and although it will be troublesome in order to update all the band members and labels, it will pay off in the end. Those additions rock!

Another thing I find very cool is the whole reports stuff. But how to act? What's the point with assigning stuff?
Am I free to browse the report page, resolve the issues and in the end just mark it as "resolved"?

Cheers!
_________________
Moshpit radio show:
http://radio.aefeup.pt/moshpit
http://www.myspace.com/moshpit_er
Feel free to submit us your music. More info at our myspace.

Top
 Profile  
TheDefiniteArticle
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:50 am
Posts: 461
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:28 am 
 

I've skim-read most of the thread and haven't seen it anywhere, but it appears I can't add song lengths to releases without them. I've tried adding to XII Boar's 'XII' EP and nothing happens, and I've tried twice. I seem to remember being able to do that in the past, even as a non-veteran user, or am I mistaken?

Top
 Profile  
Megadeth
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:26 pm
Posts: 263
Location: Norway
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:53 am 
 

Some artists show up with the same band several times when searching for them. Here's one example:

Danny Lilker United States The Ravenous, Anthrax, Nuclear Assault, Anthrax, etc.

Top
 Profile  
Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 9:50 am
Posts: 4618
Location: Brazil
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:59 am 
 

Cyberquake wrote:
Another thing I find very cool is the whole reports stuff. But how to act? What's the point with assigning stuff?

If the report is going to take a while for you to fix, you can assign it to yourself, so that other users know that someone is already working on it.

Quote:
Am I free to browse the report page, resolve the issues and in the end just mark it as "resolved"?

Yes.

Quote:
Some artists show up with the same band several times when searching for them. Here's one example:

That bug was already reported. Btw, please check your PMs or e-mail.

Quote:
I've skim-read most of the thread and haven't seen it anywhere, but it appears I can't add song lengths to releases without them. I've tried adding to XII Boar's 'XII' EP and nothing happens, and I've tried twice. I seem to remember being able to do that in the past, even as a non-veteran user, or am I mistaken?

That bug was already reported.

Quote:
Commas motherfucker, do you know them?


http://discipline.nuvvo.com/lesson/1071 ... ng-manners

She was poking fun of you. The motherfucker thing is a Pulp Fiction quote.

Top
 Profile  
oneyoudontknow
Cum insantientibus furere necesse est.

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 6:25 pm
Posts: 5067
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:31 pm 
 

I got no notification that I got a pm.
_________________

My website which contains reviews as well as interviews:
http://adsol.oneyoudontknow.com/index.php/wiki/A_dead_spot_of_light
Some analysis on the metal scene (data taken from the Metal Archives):
http://oneyoudontknow.com

Top
 Profile  
Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 9:50 am
Posts: 4618
Location: Brazil
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:47 pm 
 

oneyoudontknow wrote:
I got no notification that I got a pm.

I noticed that they tend to arrive a bit late.

Top
 Profile  
The_Boss
Set Abominae

Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:45 am
Posts: 2745
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:38 pm 
 

I don't know if this has been addressed previously but I don't feel like searching the 5 previous pages.. how do you add albums to your collection now? Used to be able to through clicking on the album page and it had the "Add to Collection" function, am I blind and it's on the same album page like previously or do you have to do something else?
_________________
Tantalus wrote:
I am a huge fan of The Boss - like, almost to obsession.

Top
 Profile  
HellBlazer
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 6:48 am
Posts: 2013
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:47 pm 
 

The_Boss wrote:
I don't know if this has been addressed previously but I don't feel like searching the 5 previous pages.. how do you add albums to your collection now? Used to be able to through clicking on the album page and it had the "Add to Collection" function, am I blind and it's on the same album page like previously or do you have to do something else?


It's hidden a little. You need to click the tool button (the wrench) to see the link. On the plus side, that button is also in the discography list, so you don't need to go to each album's page to add them to your collection when you have many albums by the same band.

Come to think of it, we should probably put that button in the album search results too...

Top
 Profile  
hey
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:41 pm
Posts: 1617
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:07 pm 
 

Not too important, but would it be possible to change the background of the spoilers to be something a bit less bright?

Edit: Sorry, about that Evenfiel.


Last edited by hey on Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 9:50 am
Posts: 4618
Location: Brazil
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:12 pm 
 

hey wrote:
Not too important, but would it be possible to change the background of the spoilers to be something a bit less bright?

Post in the appropriate thread.

Top
 Profile  
Evil_Johnny_666
Reigning king of the night

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:54 pm
Posts: 4010
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:12 pm 
 

I have a suggestion, would it be possible to browse the releases on an artist page by role? It would be very neat for artists like say Peter Tagtgren, who in his career did vocals, guitars, bass, drums, keyboards and production (as far as I know), to be able to check all the releases to which he contributed production for example, regardless if he was a member or a misc staff. Or sometimes you have one who contributes artwork, but isn't really known for that.

Top
 Profile  
Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 9:50 am
Posts: 4618
Location: Brazil
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:35 pm 
 

Evil_Johnny_666 wrote:
I have a suggestion, would it be possible to browse the releases on an artist page by role? It would be very neat for artists like say Peter Tagtgren, who in his career did vocals, guitars, bass, drums, keyboards and production (as far as I know), to be able to check all the releases to which he contributed production for example, regardless if he was a member or a misc staff. Or sometimes you have one who contributes artwork, but isn't really known for that.

Some of the roles you're talking about will appear under the Misc. Staff tab:
http://209.59.186.200/~metalarc/artists ... rave/14088

Top
 Profile  
Tranquillian
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:24 pm
Posts: 32
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:37 pm 
 

When browsing the start page from my iphone the submit and forum 'buttons' are on top of each other in the layout and its impossible to use the search function. The submit button is hidden behind 'forum'.

Top
 Profile  
Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 9:50 am
Posts: 4618
Location: Brazil
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:42 pm 
 

Tranquillian wrote:
When browsing the start page from my iphone the submit and forum 'buttons' are on top of each other in the layout and its impossible to use the search function. The submit button is hidden behind 'forum'.

Reported.

Top
 Profile  
HellBlazer
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 6:48 am
Posts: 2013
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:12 pm 
 

Don't panic if you see weird errors on the IP address site in the next few minutes, I'm moving the V2 site to http://v2.metal-archives.com.

EDIT: Move is done, please use the subdomain from now on. I don't think it will cause problems, but let me know if something weird happens

Top
 Profile  
Krav
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 7:24 am
Posts: 398
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:08 pm 
 

I have a suggestion. Would it be possible to add an option to include the exact dates an artist was in a band? Listing "from 2004 to 2004" doesn't seem all that helpful if the exact dates are known.

Also, If I only know the year an artist joined, but not the year they left, should I just leave it blank? Otherwise it will say "from xxxx to present" but list the artist as inactive.

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 9480
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:24 am 
 

Krav wrote:
I have a suggestion. Would it be possible to add an option to include the exact dates an artist was in a band? Listing "from 2004 to 2004" doesn't seem all that helpful if the exact dates are known.

Well, it'll just say "John Smith - Guitars (2004)". Not many people care about the exact months, I think... that's kinda overkill.

Quote:
Also, If I only know the year an artist joined, but not the year they left, should I just leave it blank? Otherwise it will say "from xxxx to present" but list the artist as inactive.

No, if the artist is a past member (or if the band is no longer active), it will say "xxxx-?" instead of "xxxx-present".

Tranquillian wrote:
When browsing the start page from my iphone the submit and forum 'buttons' are on top of each other in the layout and its impossible to use the search function. The submit button is hidden behind 'forum'.
Here's an idea: use a computer instead of a phone. :P The site has never claimed to support mobile browsers...
_________________
Von Cichlid wrote:
I work with plenty of Oriental and Indian persons and we get along pretty good, and some females as well.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Top
 Profile  
Krav
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 7:24 am
Posts: 398
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:14 am 
 

Morrigan wrote:
No, if the artist is a past member (or if the band is no longer active), it will say "xxxx-?" instead of "xxxx-present".


I stand corrected. I must have been looking at the page to edit members when I wrote that, where it does say "xxxx-present", but it shows up fine on the actual band page. Thanks for clarification.

Top
 Profile  
Rocka_Rollas
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:08 am
Posts: 1098
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:25 am 
 

I think the graphics looks great but there's way too many tabs to go through and it all just takes up way more space on the screen than the simple-yet-effective old version.

I prefer the old one. But I guess if it all can be improved (...simplified...) it will be just as good, but looking better.

Yeah... Too messy for me right now.

Top
 Profile  
Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 9:50 am
Posts: 4618
Location: Brazil
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:48 am 
 

FIXED BUGS


Quote:
Collection

Some albums in the collection are not being ordered by release date. For example, go to the this guy's collection http://209.59.186.200/~metalarc/users/Krav and check out Destruction, Demilich, Enslaved, Finntroll, and Graveland.

Fixed. They weren't random, they were apparently ordered by ID by default. Most of the time this meant a chronological order but not always. Ordered 'em by date now.


Quote:
Artist page

http://209.59.186.200/~metalarc/artists ... _tab_guest
"Drums" are not aligned.

Fixed.

Quote:
Non-veterans cannot add song lengths

Fixed.

Quote:
Lineup order

I noticed as far as the current lineup goes, you can't list the members in the order you want and they seems to be ordered by the years of being active. It's okay with a band where every member has the year they got into the band, so they are listed in order of time, but those which you don't know it are listed first. So when a band in particular has only the main member which you know the year he got in, he is listed last which feels kinda weird, particularly when all other members are new ones.

Fixed.

Quote:
Repeated bands in the artist search result

When yous search for an artist in the "Add an artist" page, the name of the same band can appear multiples times. Just try to add Bruce Dickinson to a band. Apparently, this happens because the system also takes into account the albums to which he was added.

Fixed.

Enhancement
Quote:
Search collection / want / trade list

The "See who owns this album" option (from the album tool menu), is now also available in the album collection.

Top
 Profile  
Duisterling
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:12 pm
Posts: 644
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:15 am 
 

@ Evenfiel: Sorry, didn't know mods could literally merge them. I'll keep that in mind.

Top
 Profile  
joppek
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:36 am
Posts: 1510
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:39 am 
 

Tranquillian wrote:
When browsing the start page from my iphone the submit and forum 'buttons' are on top of each other in the layout and its impossible to use the search function. The submit button is hidden behind 'forum'.

get a better phone / browser - opera mobile renders it just fine


joppek wrote:
- the band/album names on the band, album & review pages would look much better if the font was serifed, like the review titles

just bringing this up again...

Top
 Profile  
Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:22 pm
Posts: 2698
Location: Vegas, baby!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:40 am 
 

Ok, first off, V2 is better than i ever could have hoped.
The forum seems to be logging people off. I todes the same to me, except sometimes I have re-login from page to page, and I have the login automatically every visit box checked and rechecked.
_________________
ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
i'm powered by blast beats and distortion.

The_Beast_In_Black wrote:
I touch ladies all the time.
Ladies can't get enough of my touchings

Top
 Profile  
Dexter
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:01 am
Posts: 626
Location: Argentina
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:20 am 
 

I don't know if someone said this already, but I am pointing out some suggestions:
- In the members list, the years an artist has been active should be in some darker color, so that it is easier so read when there is a lot of info (like artists that played several instruments or where in the band for some years, then left and then go in the band again)
- Active years history. Other than year of creation, it would be cool if it evolved to something that includes hiatus and whatnot. E.g.: Septic Flesh should be 1990-2003 / 2003-
- Make it easier to edit members. If there is a typo in the name of an artist, one has to delete that artist from the member list and add him again (and select instrument, years active, etc). It is such a pain for only correcting one letter.
- Add to the "other stuff to do" the following: add band members to bands whose members are listed only with the legacy lineup (this should be priority number 1)

Also, I don't understand how artists are sorted in the member list. I think it seems to be done from the year they've been in the band. Shouldn't it be simpler if they are sorted by instrument alphabetically? (bass, drums, guitar, vocals)?


Last edited by Dexter on Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
LegendMaker
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:24 am
Posts: 1710
Location: France
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:32 am 
 

Not terribly important, but apparently the charcter "<" in a report will remove any text that follows it. It's what happened to me with this one, twice: I added the missing part in a comment first, but it still started with "<" so the comment ended up containing just that. I'll keep away from "<" from now on.
_________________
Osore wrote:
I would like to hear some recommendations of black metal bands/albums that sound depressive, yet sad and melancholic at the same time.

Top
 Profile  
The_Black_Priest
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:10 am
Posts: 193
Location: India
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:36 am 
 

I uploaded Alien Gods (Black/Death Metal) from India on 10th April,2011,
I have noticed that it's name doesn't appear in the bands listed under India.
What's the problem??

Top
 Profile  
HellBlazer
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 6:48 am
Posts: 2013
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:45 pm 
 

LegendMaker wrote:
Not terribly important, but apparently the charcter "<" in a report will remove any text that follows it. It's what happened to me with this one, twice: I added the missing part in a comment first, but it still started with "<" so the comment ended up containing just that. I'll keep away from "<" from now on.


necrobutcher08 wrote:
I uploaded Alien Gods (Black/Death Metal) from India on 10th April,2011,
I have noticed that it's name doesn't appear in the bands listed under India.
What's the problem??


I filed both issues in our bug trackers, thanks.

Top
 Profile  
Augie
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:16 am
Posts: 15
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:06 pm 
 

every time I login on the forums, it almost always logs me out automatically when I go to a topic.

Top
 Profile  
darkest_depth
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:23 pm
Posts: 15
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:50 pm 
 

Something about adding Members:
When I add an artist with an artist name for example Fenriz, he is saved as Fenriz and his real name stands in the information. But if he had been added from the Storm site, his name would be Herr Nagell, and I don't think that everyone would be happy about.
So I think it's kind of a problem when artists use different artist names in every band they are, and there would be just one random name in his artist page as his "main" name even if that's just a very unimportant one.

My suggestion is, that every artist has his real name as "main" name, if it's available.

Another thing:
When you add an artist and you type in from when to when he has been in the band, the "Still active in the band?" tick box should be ticked off automatically, or you should get asked or something, because it's kind of weird when you see an artist who shouldn't be in the band anymore but is in the band member section, just because someone has forgot to tick it off.

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 62  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group