Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:19 am 

false_icon wrote:
When clicking the link "Instrumental" for an instrumental track, then hiding the frame, the link changes to "Show lyrics", instead of "Instrumental".

https://imgur.com/1qusE80 -> https://imgur.com/iCSrXk2

That's because instrumental tracks by definition don't have lyrics. Some songs have liner notes which are fine to add to that field, but I think this is a known, very minor bug that doesn't affect that many entries, hence pretty far down the list of wanted things.

false_icon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:13 pm 

Hey, thanks for your answer.
You're right, it's purely cosmetics, so no big deal.

my trade list

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:54 pm 

oogboog wrote:
2. Maybe we can create a list of bands that haven't been modified after a certain number of years? I know I've come across stuff that hasn't been updated in several years, and while some may not get updated, like an obscure band that was only mentioned once in a review somewhere, it might be good to keep as much as we can up to date.

For what it's worth, I think this is a really good idea. I'm not sure how feasible it is, though, or if it'd be possible to have the feature divided per status "active, unknown, and split-up". That way the issue oogboog mentions about obscure (or defunct) bands shouldn't be a big problem. Dunno, but I like the idea.

EzraBlumenfeld
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:03 pm 

I dunno if this is the proper thread for this and/or if this suggestion has already been discussed.

I think it would be cool if the fact that a song was a cover was listed as, like, a subtitle instead of in the actual song title field. I also think it'd be cool if band links could be added for covers of bands that are on the Archives. That way if a band called Inferno was covered, it would save me from having to sift through all twenty-ish bands with that name or doing an advanced search.

Last.fm
Listen to my band's new album!
Listen to my other band's new demo!

Nite Vizhun
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:05 pm 

Greetings all, long time lurker, first time poster. I've seen a couple other posts along these same lines, but I'd like to reiterate the suggestion of being able to search & sort albums by number of reviews. There's a Chrome add-on to do this with Amazon search results, and it's a huge help for finding the most popular and best options. I think adding sort by number of reviews would be a major help to a lot of metal fans, not just newbies.

Thanks for listening to my .02¢

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:45 am 

Definitely not the first time I have seen that suggestion. The advanced search comes up with too many unknown demos from 1985 that are nowhere to be found, causing inconvenience when searching music by genre. I would also like to +1 the idea.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64