Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
deadcount
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:26 pm 

Hi,

I tried to register a band profile on 02. February.
Still waiting for an approve..
How long does it take to you?

HouseSpiders
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:31 pm 

It can take anywhere from hours to months. Your band is not even on the first page of the queue. Some factors might influence how long it takes though.

Firstly, the moderator has to listen to a number of songs (I think at least one album?) in order to evaluate the band's metalness, which requires time. Some bands are clearly metal and get accepted very quickly. Likewise, some submissions are very clearly not metal and/or lacking in proof and get rejected very quickly. Then many bands have some metal influences, some other influences and the line can be hard to draw for such bands, requiring multiple moderators to listen... the staff have an internal forum where they discuss things like this... obviously, borderline bands will require the most discussion. Your proof of a release will also make a difference - the better you can prove the existence of a release, the easier it will be for the moderator.

However, all submissions are dealt with in due time. I have no idea when they will take care of your submission, but be patient, because it will happen.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:11 am 

HouseSpiders already covered most of it.

The band queue is currently pretty clogged (yes, it often is, sorry). As a rule of thumb, I try to get submissions sorted out one way or another before a month passes. But most of them get dealt with a lot sooner than that.

Reply to topic