Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
pantatzar
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:38 pm 

It is made. Just need to submit it to queue, and it is better than the last one. I know the band in person. Thanks

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:54 pm 

Should I be astonished that so many bands are breaking their balls to get on this site just because they released three or so digital tracks?

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:27 am 

pantatzar wrote:
Hi.
I read your new rules about some digital releases that can be accepteble, and I have a question. Band Testator has an album available for download on online Nocturne magazine(as Nocturne Magazine edition). Their demo album was selfreleased, and has no labeled phisical realese. Is this valid for the band to be added on metal-archives? The band is active, and it has a video as a proof that the band exists.
Thanks -/m/
Testator:
http://nocturnemagazine.net/preuzimanje/strana/2

We accept .rar files when it's hosted on the band's website or an official sourced website. Unless proven otherwise, Nocturne Magazine really wouldn't fit as a valid source. The source should be officially sanctioned by the band, and be clear to us that, that is the case.

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:08 am 

Morrigan wrote:
The first case seems like a clear no. Only a digital "single" and they split? Nope.

who said "single", and where?

Derigin wrote:
If you can give proof that they had a acceptable digital release which was once distributed, than it may be acceptable. Just like with PR, the onus lies on the submitter to prove that the release is valid, was published and is/was distributed. And, just like the old PR rule, if you can't prove that, then unfortunately we wont be inclined to accept it.

that's what I was asking, more or less, what kind of "proof" could that be, so that you were inclined, etc, etc.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:29 pm 

aloof wrote:
Morrigan wrote:
The first case seems like a clear no. Only a digital "single" and they split? Nope.

who said "single", and where?

I... o_O Uh, good question. I must have misread your original post. My apologies.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

JohnnyDays
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:02 pm 

Hello, you can accept the band Hguols? Now this band are blacklisted, but this band actually is acceptable, they released valid digital albuns since 2009.

See also: http://www.hguols.com/main.htm

\m/

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:15 am 

Done. No reason entered for the blacklisting, so I hope it's really metal. ;)

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:42 am 

According to that site, they had CD releases as far back as January of 2010, you sure it wasn't for non-metal reasons?
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:18 am 

I have no idea myself. It's possible the initial submitter was too stupid to include a link and just resubmitted over and over and we blocked it. But yeah, while that band "looks" metal it might be ambient, darkwave or the likes. =\

This band has a Soul Reaver reference and even a cover of Ozar Midrashim, though. Awesome. :lol: :metal:

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

TheGrimWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:09 am 

Listening to samples...it doesn't appear to be metal. But, I did not listen to everything.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:05 am 

I dunno how that's black metal. The tracks have lots of electronic organ samples :S

TheGrimWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:22 am 

I also heard what I think was fake guitar, but it sounded so shitty that I actually couldn't tell what it was meant to be.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:11 am 

Yeah, I shall rephrase my earlier sentence - "I dunno how that's black metal"

sirnattens
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:08 pm 

No message!!!

Last edited by sirnattens on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:05 pm 

ulverblack wrote:
even known it was released on tape and it can be found in here http://www.anaitesrecords.com/

Where? I can't find any mention of Vingador on that site.

And yes, it was that kind of lack of evidence you quote. I asked you before for some proof of the physical release you claimed happened, yet all you'd do was modify the Bandcamp page culminating in a rather amusing declaration. Which has now been tactically removed, kudos on the timing, by the way. It should have been easy enough for you as the guy behind the band to provide evidence for the tape, but still, even now, there is no such evidence.

ulverblack wrote:
Anyways, now with this new rules, can it be at least recognised as a digital release? Even known it isn´t.
Here is the link http://vingador.bandcamp.com/
If not, it´s OK, let´s wait until someone upload it here again one day!
The band also featured this compilation with serious bands
http://metalpunkupyourass.blogspot.com. ... nload.html
Cheers

That's a digital demo, not acceptable according to our guidelines on digital releases.

sirnattens
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:21 am 

I would be glad if that was someone else that aswear this question, but not you Azmodes!
If that was anyone else i´d say thank you for the information!
I don´t like your attitude and i don´t like you at all!
Then i´ll be deleting this post!

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:33 am 

The answer you received from Azmodes is the answer you're receiving on behalf of the site moderation. A reply from any other mod would be the same: Azmodes is right, we have strict guidelines on what digital releases we're accepting now, and a demo isn't going to qualify.

So, sorry.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:29 pm 

I'd say that depends on the recording quality and length of the demo, but yeah, moderator discretion applies in those cases.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:08 am 

Morrigan wrote:
I have no idea myself. It's possible the initial submitter was too stupid to include a link and just resubmitted over and over and we blocked it. But yeah, while that band "looks" metal it might be ambient, darkwave or the likes. =\

This band has a Soul Reaver reference and even a cover of Ozar Midrashim, though. Awesome. :lol: :metal:

I take that back. They butchered the original so bad, I died a little inside.

Also, I have my doubts about the metal in this...

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3