Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Semyhazah
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:20 pm 

Browsing around into reviews I found this "excellent" opinion.

Quote:
It's sad to see Unique Leader, a label that once made the (futile but admirable) attempt to stem the flow of mediocrity and complacency in death metal is now in the business of selling fashionable media products in (allegedly) "death metal" clothes to pander to the lifestyle demands of the modern "emo/wigger" hybrid's compulsive need for hoarding vapid nonsense to "be hip". When an album's marketing campaign includes the words "hyped" and "dropped", it's usually a bad sign. Considering the bass player was in a band that had Deafheaven members, I knew this would be bad (the "blast beats over shoegaze" parts of Deafheaven can be found here). Indeed, this is the continuation of the Deliverance style rape of underground metal by wiggers/emos.

?????

Honestly, the amount of degenrate reviews which include terms like "emo" and "wiggers" is alarming high, I honestly think Metallum should have a more severe way of moderating reviews, because it's really hard to think this page has credibility with such awful attemps of opinons, If you have enoguh patiente to read the whole review here's the link
Quote:
http://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/Fallujah/The_Flesh_Prevails/412147/
, for some reason he ended mentioning skrillex and halo 4, YES, HALO 4 IN A METAL REVIEW.

I wish this was an exception, but in my experience I've found that 1 in 4 of the reviews are this utterly appaling. This time the guy look like he was either trolling or not even trying, I could post more stuff like this, but heck, I'm frustated enough just at reading that one, wiggers destroying the metal scene? C'mon.

Update: I checked some of the previous thread and found that some other users have noticed this user's attempt of trolling and the mods justified the inclusion of his reviews because "it followed the guidelines"
Quote:
http://www.metal-archives.com/user-reviews/bitterman

I think the guidelines of this site are like a law that would consider rape and murder as minor crimes and parking tickets as death penalty worhty, you can ignore this criticism and close this thread claiming "guidelines" or you can at least try to consider making small talk about the elephant in the room, I honestly doubt you'll take action, but if you cared at least a little about quality, you would take a second of your lifes to consider what I and other users are pointing out.

EyesOfGlass
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:38 pm 

Yeah, I think the same way as you do, and his reviews are really annoying and written for the sole purpose of trolling. But the mods have stated countless times that as long as his reviews follow the guidelines they're going to be accepted. I don't like it either to have him around here dropping albums scores just because they're post-1993 or whatever, but anyway, just don't mind him.

Semyhazah
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:42 pm 

EyesOfGlass wrote:
Yeah, I think the same way as you do, and his reviews are really annoying and written for the sole purpose of trolling. But the mods have stated countless times that as long as his reviews follow the guidelines they're going to be accepted. I don't like it either to have him around here dropping albums scores just because they're post-1993 or whatever, but anyway, just don't mind him.

That's what I'm pointing out, if a set of guidelines cannot fully prevent obvious trolls, then said guidelines doesn't work, simply as that, if you are going to maintain them because whatever reason, you must allow moderators to have more powe at judging reviews than said guidelines.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:43 pm 

I'm just amazed you can't see the 5 billion other fucking threads we've had about bitterman. Like do you have tunnel vision and just can't see that everyone has already said the exact same things you're saying?

mjollnir
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:49 pm 

Empyreal wrote:
I'm just amazed you can't see the 5 billion other fucking threads we've had about bitterman. Like do you have tunnel vision and just can't see that everyone has already said the exact same things you're saying?

Shhhh.....let 'em go. See how long they go on about it. :lol:

Like your reviews?

Semyhazah
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:51 pm 

Empyreal wrote:

Yet the guidelines are still working, I don't get the point of stopping complainning if the authorities don't take action. But hell, If I'm annoying you I think I shall stop and left things like they are, not working. You preffer commodity over having a functional metal webpage?

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:54 pm 

Please reports any new threads about bitterman the moment they're created.

Quote:
I think the guidelines of this site are like a law that would consider rape and murder as minor crimes and parking tickets as death penalty worhty

What the fuck, do you hear yourself? This is reviews on a metal site, calm down.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.