* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
BastardHead
Worse than the PMRC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:45 am 

Cat III wrote:
BastardHead wrote:
What I choose to review is based entirely on whether or not I can quote Futurama in the title.

What, are you too good for The Simpsons?

I'm not good enough for The Simpsons!

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:48 am 

Exactly! Futurama - at its best - can only compete with middling great era Simpsons.

Uncolored wrote:
non 80's wodos members are enemies of teutonic beatles hairstyle thrash

Cat III
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:50 am 

I remember there was a big Twitter argument about which series was better and someone said it was telling that The Simpsons side was citing episodes from decades ago, which is like saying Power Trip is better than Metallica because Load exists. Still mad respect goes to Futurama. Bender and Zoidberg alone make it worthwhile.

On topic, I'd say any reviewer who uses insulting nicknames for bands they don't like is a good contender for someone who doesn't deserve attention. At most these are funny once, but usually just elicit eye-rolls. My favorite example is "BUGGER FOR MY SHITLENTINE" (caps are the writer's, not mine) from this abomination. Took me awhile to figure out who he was referring to, which, I dunno, seems counterintuitive for a review. I'd also like to point out that "shitlentine" is not a word, and even by the standards of the hellscape that is modern portmanteaus, it's fucking awful.

KrigareTjovane
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:22 pm 

BloodIronBeer. Regardless of his opinion about the Warbringer single he just reviewed, the review is filled with ignorance, petty insults, poor writing, and a general feeling that he doesn't actually know what he's talking about.

nuklearkrieg
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:27 am 

I'd like to throw in the latest guy giving primitive BM classics an edgy "0%", as well as all the other touristy reviewers who did the same in this list.

blackblood666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:02 pm 

nuklearkrieg wrote:
I'd like to throw in the latest guy giving primitive BM classics an edgy "0%", as well as all the other touristy reviewers who did the same in this list.

Is this the guy who is giving all of Burzum's releases 0% and all of Mayhem's releases 100%? Pretty transparent.

gasmask_colostomy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:24 am 

Orbitball is really disappointing for a reviewer with over 200 write-ups. He doesn't describe the music with much detail (just read his review of the new Pig Destroyer where it sounds like he's writing as he listens for the first time), generally heads for popular albums, and gives very generous scores that almost always follow the crowd. A lot of the reviews also read like adverts, ending with a line like, "Buy it now!"

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5