Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
raspberrysoda
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:37 pm 

I thought I could write some more reviews for the challenge, but that won't work unfortunately. I did reach my hundredth review which is a pretty satisfying achievement, and I'm pretty happy with the stuff I wrote.

Good luck everyone for the rest of the challenge, and hit me up if you need virgins!

stainedclass2112 wrote:
It was a joke you darn can of fizzy sweetened liquid

BastardHead wrote:
Somebody is getting murdered but poor razz just wants his beauty sleep.

hells_unicorn
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:53 pm 

Whelp, been going on down my list of virgins to hit and lo and behold, not long before I finished off my Gama Bomb review someone else managed to nail it first, ditto for the newest Legend Of Valley Doom album. It's tough when your list overlaps with a bunch of other peoples'. lol
Ominous Glory Facebook

My reviews.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio (July 14, 1942 - May 16, 2010)

Last edited by hells_unicorn on Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
mjollnir
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:25 pm 

Sadly I'm not able to contribute today. I wanted to do more, hopefully I can do more tomorrow.

Like your reviews?

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:27 pm 

was feeling out of it for the most part today but managed to write something anyway

StainedClass95
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:37 pm 

I actually decided to do a bit more for this one than usual. I remembered an album I had been intending to review for awhile, and I'm trying out a new review style, so why not pump out a few. I won't be competing for anything close to the top spot for this challenge, but if I contribute 6 or so reviews, that's 6 more albums that have been reviewed.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:39 pm 

StainedClass95 wrote:
I actually decided to do a bit more for this one than usual. I remembered an album I had been intending to review for awhile, and I'm trying out a new review style, so why not pump out a few. I won't be competing for anything close to the top spot for this challenge, but if I contribute 6 or so reviews, that's 6 more albums that have been reviewed.

Anything is good, man. Remember, lads, quality over quantity!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

EyesOfGlass
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:54 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
Big props for that review, man. Cool band! Always nice to see trad doom reviewed.

Hey there! Thanks a lot, appreciate it. I think this is gonna be it for me this time, won't have much time these next couple of days. It was a lot of fun, hope we can beat at least the previous challenge.

~Guest 135946
MUH BOTH SIDES!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:24 am 

hells_unicorn wrote:
low and behold

low and behold

low and behold

low and behold

AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!

hells_unicorn
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:45 am 

Five_Nails wrote:
low and behold

low and behold

low and behold

AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!

There are few joys more fulfilling than fucking with people who can't handle occasional spelling oversights. :lol: Fixed it so you won't have to stay in spelling Nazi PMS mode. :-P
Ominous Glory Facebook

My reviews.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:08 am 

I am now finished with everything I planned to do for the challenge. I hope someone else does those other Virgin Steele albums someday if they can make it through all of that shit.

~Guest 135946
MUH BOTH SIDES!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:10 am 

hells_unicorn wrote:
Five_Nails wrote:
low and behold

low and behold

low and behold

AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!

There are few joys more fulfilling than fucking with people who can't handle occasional spelling oversights. :lol: Fixed it so you won't have to stay in spelling Nazi PMS mode. :-P

Now I may gaze upon your glorious diction and weep. :o Thank you hells_unicorn.

flexodus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:17 am 

Well, I've managed to achieve my goal: got my first four reviews in each day on time, and pulled double duty to have the last three written by today. Now they're all queued up, ready to submit friday saturday sunday, so I can have participated each day while still visiting family and traveling this weekend. Wouldn't have been possible if my girlfriend wasn't traveling abroad and I didn't mostly ignore my roommate all week after work :P May try to squeeze one more short review in while traveling. There's a debut EP by my bet for 2019's AOTY that needs some attention.

Been nice to see gasmask, tomcat, and dystopia all reviewing some hardcore bands as well. I too agree the best Full of Hell is the debut!
my sister does nothing but forcing me to listen to Gothenburg/melodic metalcore albums all day while refusing to listen to regular death metal

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:03 am 

Daily Tally for December 20 2018
Total Reviews: 58 / 272
Total Virgin Reviews: 57 / 253
Percentage (VIRGINS/TOTAL): 98% / 93%

Participant List for December 20 2018
Total Participants: 23 / 51
Today's Totals per Individual:
Spoiler: show
Abominatrix = 1
Ancient Sunlight = 1
aplws = 1
BastardHead = 1
Cosmic Mystery = 2
Derigin = 2
dystopia4 = 10
Empyreal = 2
EyesOfGlass = 1
EzraBlumenfeld = 1
Five_Nails = 1
flexodus = 1
gasmask_colostomy = 8
GrizzlyButts = 1
hells_unicorn = 6
Jophelerx = 2
kluseba = 6
Liquid_Braino = 1
Metantoine = 3
MorbidAtheist666 = 1
StainedClass95 = 2
TheStormIRide = 2
tomcat_ha = 1

Did not participate this day:
ArmandBM
BloodIronBeer
Cat III
CHAIRTHROWER
Colonel Para Bellum
Demiror_Moritur
dismember_marcin
Edmund Sackbauer
Goatfangs
GodOfMalice
metalextremista
mjollnir
MutantClannfear
Napero
Neheroth
PaganiusI
PorcupineOfDoom
raspberrysoda
Rufino00
SweetLeaf95
TadakatsuH0nda
tahu157
Tanuki
televiper11
unlockable_gamer
Valfars Ghost
Vaseline1980
Zelkiiro

Compared to the fourth day of the last two challenges, we're pretty much on par for total virgins of the day and our participants!

Overall virgins are up!

We also had 5 new participants yesterday. Welcome!

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:59 pm 

struggled a bit with my review for today. I might pump out several tomorrow, i feel like i have a fair bit to say about the albums left on my list. I dont know if i have any time on sunday.

StainedClass95
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:52 pm 

Haha, looks like CHAIRTHROWER beat me to reviewing Blood Curse. I did not expect anyone else to touch that.

hells_unicorn
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:16 am 

Whelp, my review list continues to overlap with everybody else's as I managed to do a write up of the latest Fractal Gates album without knowing that gasmask had already hit it earlier today. Thankfully I had the exact opposite opinion from him so it was a worthwhile venture after all. lol
Ominous Glory Facebook

My reviews.

PhilTasmal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:05 am 

flexodus wrote:
Well, I've managed to achieve my goal: got my first four reviews in each day on time, and pulled double duty to have the last three written by today. Now they're all queued up, ready to submit friday saturday sunday, so I can have participated each day while still visiting family and traveling this weekend. Wouldn't have been possible if my girlfriend wasn't traveling abroad and I didn't mostly ignore my roommate all week after work :P May try to squeeze one more short review in while traveling. There's a debut EP by my bet for 2019's AOTY that needs some attention.

Been nice to see gasmask, tomcat, and dystopia all reviewing some hardcore bands as well. I too agree the best Full of Hell is the debut!

Hey man, I just wanted to say : thank you very much for reviewing the Chthe'ilist 7"

Just a side-note : There is no beef between CHTH and Spectral Voice. Paul and Eli are both long time acquaintances of mine. Just timing-wise, making the split happen was no longer possible. By the time the recording was done on our end (after countless delays), they had no songs left to use for the split so we just released it as a stand-alone EP. Hope it clears things up !

gasmask_colostomy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:54 am 

hells_unicorn wrote:
Whelp, my review list continues to overlap with everybody else's as I managed to do a write up of the latest Fractal Gates album without knowing that gasmask had already hit it earlier today. Thankfully I had the exact opposite opinion from him so it was a worthwhile venture after all. lol

Yeah, it seems we differed quite a bit in our reaction, despite clearly hearing the same things. I think it mostly comes down to tolerance of that style, which I don't have much of. At first, I was thinking of scoring it around 60%, noticing the busy melodies and keys; ultimately, though, I don't feel that they add much of value, since they work against the "basic but memorable" songwriting style.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:53 am 

Daily Tally for December 21 2018
Total Reviews: 58 / 330
Total Virgin Reviews: 49 / 302
Percentage (VIRGINS/TOTAL): 85% / 92%

Participant List for December 21 2018
Total Participants: 18 / 55
Abominatrix = 1
BlackSatanicPriest = 1
BloodIronBeer = 1
Derigin = 1
dystopia4 = 7
Felix 1666 = 2
flexodus = 1
forestspirit = 1
gasmask_colostomy = 10
hells_unicorn = 6
kluseba = 3
Liquid_Braino = 2
Metantoine = 1
PorcupineOfDoom = 1
StainedClass95 = 1
TheStormIRide = 5
tomcat_ha = 1
unblack_attack = 4

Ancient Sunlight
aplws
ArmandBM
BastardHead
Cat III
CHAIRTHROWER
Colonel Para Bellum
Cosmic Mystery
Demiror_Moritur
dismember_marcin
Edmund Sackbauer
Empyreal
EyesOfGlass
EzraBlumenfeld
Five_Nails
Goatfangs
GodOfMalice
GrizzlyButts
Jophelerx
metalextremista
mjollnir
MorbidAtheist666
MutantClannfear
Napero
Neheroth
PaganiusI
raspberrysoda
Rufino00
SweetLeaf95
TadakatsuH0nda
tahu157
Tanuki
televiper11
unlockable_gamer
Valfars Ghost
Vaseline1980
Zelkiiro

Compared to the fifth day of the last two challenges, we're lower for total virgins of the day and our participants.

Overall virgins are still up!

We also had 4 new participants yesterday. Welcome!

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018

flexodus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:05 pm 

PhilTasmal wrote:
Hey man, I just wanted to say : thank you very much for reviewing the Chthe'ilist 7"

Just a side-note : There is no beef between CHTH and Spectral Voice. Paul and Eli are both long time acquaintances of mine. Just timing-wise, making the split happen was no longer possible. By the time the recording was done on our end (after countless delays), they had no songs left to use for the split so we just released it as a stand-alone EP. Hope it clears things up !

Thanks for filling us in Phil! I figured the reason was something mundane like that. But it was just more fun to make the comparison to shit-talking deathcore bands :P Love everything you’ve been up to lately, the new Eternity’s End tracks are sounding great!
my sister does nothing but forcing me to listen to Gothenburg/melodic metalcore albums all day while refusing to listen to regular death metal

hells_unicorn
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:21 pm 

gasmask_colostomy wrote:
Yeah, it seems we differed quite a bit in our reaction, despite clearly hearing the same things. I think it mostly comes down to tolerance of that style, which I don't have much of. At first, I was thinking of scoring it around 60%, noticing the busy melodies and keys; ultimately, though, I don't feel that they add much of value, since they work against the "basic but memorable" songwriting style.

I definitely see why someone would have your reaction to that album, as it is basically a fancier and faster-paced version of what Omnium Gatherum has been doing consistently for 10 years. Part of why I've tended to like Fractal Gates more than others who've reviewed them on here and elsewhere is that I tend to consume the Finnish style of melodeath like candy, the latest Omnium Gatherum album is actually in my Top 20 best albums of this year, and I had them in my Top 10 of 2016 when they put out their last album, not to mention that I consider Skyfire's Timeless Departure to be the greatest melodic death metal album ever recorded.

One thing we definitely did agree on, Fractal Gates' progressive tag is barely justifiable.
Ominous Glory Facebook

My reviews.

PorcupineOfDoom
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:32 pm 

Set myself the target of 10 before the challenge started but only just finished my 4th. So many albums I want to review but just lacking the motivation to get anything written.

gasmask_colostomy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:58 pm 

hells_unicorn wrote:
I definitely see why someone would have your reaction to that album, as it is basically a fancier and faster-paced version of what Omnium Gatherum has been doing consistently for 10 years.

However, unlike Omnium Gatherum, I was neither able to clearly tell the songs apart or leave the album humming any particular riffs. But I'm glad Fractal Gates have fans like you, since they certainly aren't incompetent.

hells_unicorn
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:29 pm 

gasmask_colostomy wrote:
However, unlike Omnium Gatherum, I was neither able to clearly tell the songs apart or leave the album humming any particular riffs. But I'm glad Fractal Gates have fans like you, since they certainly aren't incompetent.

Yeah, you've got a definitely point there, Fractal Gates' whole approach has a bit more in common with the technically impressive largess of Children Of Bodom than the more subtle character of Omnium Gatherum. It's an oddball mixture of dense atmosphere and impact-based technical work, and it doesn't really lend itself to having any tunes being hummed later, which is not always a must for me to like it.

Finally managed to nail the latest Legend Of Valley Doom album, which like about 5 or 6 other albums on my list, were already hit by others. Hopefully the rest of my offerings will be unique to myself. lol
Ominous Glory Facebook

My reviews.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:38 am 

Daily Tally for December 22 2018
Total Reviews: 44 / 374
Total Virgin Reviews: 42 / 344
Percentage (VIRGINS/TOTAL): 95% / 92%

Participant List for December 22 2018
Total Participants: 23 / 58
Ancient Sunlight = 2
Cat III = 1
CHAIRTHROWER = 1
Derigin = 1
dystopia4 = 4
flexodus = 1
gasmask_colostomy = 8
Goatfangs = 1
hells_unicorn = 5
kluseba = 2
Liquid_Braino = 1
Metantoine = 1
MorbidAtheist666 = 1
Napero = 1
NausikaDalazBlindaz = 1
oneyoudontknow = 1
PaganiusI = 1
PorcupineOfDoom = 1
StainedClass95 = 1
Tanuki = 1
TheStormIRide = 3
tomcat_ha = 2
Wilytank = 1

Abominatrix
aplws
ArmandBM
BastardHead
BlackSatanicPriest
BloodIronBeer
Colonel Para Bellum
Cosmic Mystery
Demiror_Moritur
dismember_marcin
Edmund Sackbauer
Empyreal
EyesOfGlass
EzraBlumenfeld
Felix 1666
Five_Nails
forestspirit
GodOfMalice
GrizzlyButts
Jophelerx
metalextremista
mjollnir
MutantClannfear
Neheroth
raspberrysoda
Rufino00
SweetLeaf95
TadakatsuH0nda
tahu157
televiper11
unblack_attack
unlockable_gamer
Valfars Ghost
Vaseline1980
Zelkiiro

Compared to the sixth day of the last two challenges, we are on par for total virgins of the day and our participants.

We also had 3 new participants yesterday. Welcome!

TODAY IS THE LAST DAY. LET'S GO FOR A FINAL PUSH!

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018

gasmask_colostomy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:19 pm 

I’m all finished now, mostly because I’ll be dressed up as Santa when the deadline for reviews hits. Anyway, I feel I’ve done enough writing this week and enjoyed some good competition with hells_unicorn and a few others. Since I’m practicing my best “Ho ho ho,” I’ll wish you all a merry Christmas as well!

Cat III
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:07 am 

Since I normally focus on virgin albums anyway, these challenges make me anxious that someone will snatch an album I'd planned on reviewing. No such problem this time (damn, there's a lot of virgins out there). Good on Bastardhead for his Gotsu Totsu Kotsu review (there's a band that deserves much more attention). I've also enjoyed MorbidAtheist666's El Duce reviews, though I'm skeptical an album recorded at Heathen Scum's home is deserving of a 100%.

As for me, I got one more review than last December's challenge, but one less than June's. Secret Satan was fun--will definitely do it again.

hells_unicorn
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:51 am 

gasmask_colostomy wrote:
I’m all finished now, mostly because I’ll be dressed up as Santa when the deadline for reviews hits. Anyway, I feel I’ve done enough writing this week and enjoyed some good competition with hells_unicorn and a few others. Since I’m practicing my best “Ho ho ho,” I’ll wish you all a merry Christmas as well!

You've definitely got this one in the bag dude by at least 10 or 11, and a fine collection of reviews at that based on the 4 or 5 that I managed to read while not cramming in my own contributions. I got a bit bogged down with work during the day all 7 days of this week and only really had time to write during the evenings for about 4 hours. I tried to up my game a bit today by writing most of my stuff on Office Word while on breaks working and then mass submitting a bunch earlier this evening, but I was never really able to hit one of those 12-17 reviews in a day streaks that I used to hit back in the late 2000s when I was at the top of my game.

Good job to all this time around, I'm not sure if we topped the last challenge collectively, but I'm pretty sure I beat my own personal output on the last 2 challenges. I don't think anyone will ever top Diamhea's record, but like fools I'm sure some of us will keep trying. lol
Ominous Glory Facebook

My reviews.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:11 am 

Daily Tally for December 23 2018
Total Reviews: 55 / 429
Total Virgin Reviews: 54 / 398
Percentage (VIRGINS/TOTAL): 98% / 93%

Participant List for December 23 2018
Total Participants: 24 / 65
BastardHead = 2
Cat III = 1
cetacean = 1
Darkiss = 1
Derigin = 3
dystopia4 = 10
Felix 1666 = 2
flexodus = 1
gasmask_colostomy = 6
hells_unicorn = 8
kluseba = 2
Kronisk = 1
LarsA81 = 1
Liquid_Braino = 2
MEMES = 1
oneyoudontknow = 1
PaganiusI = 1
PorcupineOfDoom = 1
Powerslave1973 = 1
Tanuki = 2
TheStormIRide = 3
tomcat_ha = 1
Vaseline1980 = 1
Zodijackyl = 1

Abominatrix
Ancient Sunlight
aplws
ArmandBM
BlackSatanicPriest
BloodIronBeer
CHAIRTHROWER
Colonel Para Bellum
Cosmic Mystery
Demiror_Moritur
dismember_marcin
Edmund Sackbauer
Empyreal
EyesOfGlass
EzraBlumenfeld
Five_Nails
forestspirit
Goatfangs
GodOfMalice
GrizzlyButts
Jophelerx
metalextremista
Metantoine
mjollnir
MorbidAtheist666
MutantClannfear
Napero
NausikaDalazBlindaz
Neheroth
raspberrysoda
Rufino00
StainedClass95
SweetLeaf95
TadakatsuH0nda
tahu157
televiper11
unblack_attack
unlockable_gamer
Valfars Ghost
Wilytank
Zelkiiro

Compared to the seventh day of the last two challenges, we are on par for total virgins of the day and our participants.

We also had 7 new participants yesterday. Welcome!

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018

gasmask_colostomy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:11 am 

hells_unicorn wrote:
You've definitely got this one in the bag dude by at least 10 or 11, and a fine collection of reviews at that based on the 4 or 5 that I managed to read while not cramming in my own contributions. I got a bit bogged down with work during the day all 7 days of this week and only really had time to write during the evenings for about 4 hours. I tried to up my game a bit today by writing most of my stuff on Office Word while on breaks working and then mass submitting a bunch earlier this evening, but I was never really able to hit one of those 12-17 reviews in a day streaks that I used to hit back in the late 2000s when I was at the top of my game.

Good job to all this time around, I'm not sure if we topped the last challenge collectively, but I'm pretty sure I beat my own personal output on the last 2 challenges. I don't think anyone will ever top Diamhea's record, but like fools I'm sure some of us will keep trying. lol

Not totally sure about that, though I think you might have written the most actual words during the week, seeing as your reviews tend to be a bit longer than many that I submitted. I got a little worried when I saw that big block of reviews show up a few hours ago, but I'll wait until Master Derigin gives us the final result to find out.

I was actually considering not going all in for this one, but it turned out that I couldn't resist. One of these days, I'm sure there will be an opportunity for someone to have a crack at 100. We may not get there, but it can't honour Diamhea properly if we don't try!

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:12 am 

TOTAL VIRGINS: 398

On average, 93% of all reviews from the week were virgins! This is higher than the last challenge!

The 2nd Diamhea Memorial Review Challenge was a great success! We surpassed the last challenge by 30 reviews, and had more participants than last time, at 65.

Participant List GRAND TOTALS
gasmask_colostomy = 58 (1st Place)
dystopia4 = 46 (2nd Place)
hells_unicorn = 45 (3rd Place)
kluseba = 38
TheStormIRide = 18
Goatfangs = 12
Metantoine = 12
Derigin = 10
EzraBlumenfeld = 10
Five_Nails = 8
tomcat_ha = 8
EyesOfGlass = 7
flexodus = 7
Liquid_Braino = 7
CHAIRTHROWER = 5
Empyreal = 5
Jophelerx = 5
PorcupineOfDoom = 5
StainedClass95 = 5
Cosmic Mystery = 4
Felix 1666 = 4
MorbidAtheist666 = 4
PaganiusI = 4
raspberrysoda = 4
Tanuki = 4
unblack_attack = 4
Ancient Sunlight = 3
BastardHead = 3
BloodIronBeer = 3
Cat III = 3
MutantClannfear = 3
televiper11 = 3
Abominatrix = 2
Colonel Para Bellum = 2
mjollnir = 2
Napero = 2
oneyoudontknow = 2
SweetLeaf95 = 2
Vaseline1980 = 2
Zelkiiro = 2
aplws = 1
ArmandBM = 1
BlackSatanicPriest = 1
cetacean = 1
Darkiss = 1
Demiror_Moritur = 1
dismember_marcin = 1
Edmund Sackbauer = 1
forestspirit = 1
GodOfMalice = 1
GrizzlyButts = 1
Kronisk = 1
LarsA81 = 1
MEMES = 1
metalextremista = 1
NausikaDalazBlindaz = 1
Neheroth = 1
Powerslave1973 = 1
Rufino00 = 1
TadakatsuH0nda = 1
tahu157 = 1
unlockable_gamer = 1
Valfars Ghost = 1
Wilytank = 1
Zodijackyl = 1

Congratulations gasmask_colostomy on 1st place, dystopia4 on 2nd place, and hells_unicorn on 3rd place!

Individuals who participated for all 7 days:
Derigin
dystopia4
flexodus
gasmask_colostomy
hells_unicorn
kluseba
TheStormIRide
tomcat_ha

Individuals who participated for 6 days:
Metantoine

Individuals who participated for 5 days:
Liquid_Braino
PorcupineOfDoom

Great job, everyone! See you at the next challenge in May 2019!

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018

hells_unicorn
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:30 am 

gasmask_colostomy wrote:
Not totally sure about that, though I think you might have written the most actual words during the week, seeing as your reviews tend to be a bit longer than many that I submitted. I got a little worried when I saw that big block of reviews show up a few hours ago, but I'll wait until Master Derigin gives us the final result to find out.

I was actually considering not going all in for this one, but it turned out that I couldn't resist. One of these days, I'm sure there will be an opportunity for someone to have a crack at 100. We may not get there, but it can't honour Diamhea properly if we don't try!

Nah, I knew you had this one won before this weekend started, I didn't have the time to catch up with what you put together earlier in the week, even if you completely dropped out and didn't put anything up on Sunday. I may have typed more words, but overall you still covered more albums, which is what counts.

That big block of reviews basically culminated in about the same total number as what I did the first day of the challenge, I just wrote it during a different part of the day and saved them in a Word document format to be submitted later since I was in and out of the office today (worked a Sunday to deal with last minute Christmas shoppers at my family's business). Kinda bounced around editing some mistakes after the fact and ended up saving stuff as drafts and touching it up later, it was just a flat out hectic day.
Ominous Glory Facebook

My reviews.

gasmask_colostomy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:37 am 

hells_unicorn wrote:
That big block of reviews basically culminated in about the same total number as what I did the first day of the challenge, I just wrote it during a different part of the day and saved them in a Word document format to be submitted later since I was in and out of the office today (worked a Sunday to deal with last minute Christmas shoppers at my family's business). Kinda bounced around editing some mistakes after the fact and ended up saving stuff as drafts and touching it up later, it was just a flat out hectic day.

But you didn't give up, which is important! I've got a ton of odds and ends saved on my phone and in my inbox and little scattered Word documents, but if that's how you can contribute more then go for it. A little crafty of dystopia4 to arrive so swiftly at the end of the week, but he's written some good stuff too, and credit to him.

I've lost a bit of weight and sleep this week, so time to counter that by eating a ton and drinking till I'm in bed!

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3