Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
nightbreaker33
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:09 am 

Hello, I posted two reviews some weeks ago and they got rejected because I left 2 enter strokes (because that's what I saw on the instructions) but while the moderator told me to leave one which is not that big of a problem. But I was also told there were line breaks in the paragraphs. Now, on most accepted recent reviews I read, I also found line breaks. How did they get accepted? Also if there is no solution, I don't think I ever encountered the 2nd problem when I wrote reviews back in 2016. I know what a line break is and I searched ways to fix them like the text cleaner from Google docs but it does nothing and I write the reviews on Apache Open Office. Any recommendations?

Submaniac
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:34 am 

It's the first time I have 3 times!!! rejection from the moderator although I already made at least 2 reviews in the same style for the same band.
Here's is the review itself, don't know else I should add, everything seems clear. However, would be grateful for any special pieces of advice.

Apocalyptic Symphony
Shadow Host

Review title / summary :
From the Neverland to Bay-Area

Your review :
With this LP Shadow Host has finished the transformation from the epic power-metal influenced by early Blind-Guardian, Iced Earth and Nevermore to the genre Alexey Arzamazov has always secretly worshiped together with his bandmates - Yuriy Naliotov and Alexey Markov.

Moving from long, structurally complicated 7-8 minuted epics to shorter straight thrashy, kick-ass hard anthems Shadow Host has chosen their new path on the way of the revitalizing old-style thrash metal getting popular on both Atlantic coasts.

A few years passed from Shadow Host previous release ("Bringer of Revenge", 2011) and the band has recruited new ambitious members (Alexey Markov on vocals, Artyom Molodtsov on bass and Erland Sivolapov on drums). The new blood gave a big punch to Arzamazov's creative fuse. Together with Naliotov they managed to write a pile of very fast and technical songs, probably the fastest in the history of the band.
Some may claim that the songs still lack catchy riffs, however all the tracks preserve the genre spirit and character - the feature that Alexey Arzamazov has always tried to implement in his music. Nevertheless "Lunacy Divine" and "Blinded by Greed" are absolute killers remaining the essential part of all current Shadow Host live-shows.
"Seeds of Sorrow" is a rather unexpected semi-ballad combining "blind guardian" acoustic intro and practically major chorus in "rage" style. Another nice punch!
However, the finishing track - "Apocalypse Within" - brings you back to the present reality: "No way back to Shadowland - it's thrash metal baby!"
Bombastic style of Sivolapov's drumming brought more stacatto in Shadow Host songs which became sharp and crunchy. 2 guitar solo battles between Arzamazov and Naliotov also presents the typical features of classic thrash metal where the band has been moving during the recent 5 years.

Therefore Shadow Host seems to be on the proper way to finally win the glory they deserve. Some more steps in writing catchy riffs and these guys may find themselves on the top.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:05 pm 

There is literally a thread stickied at the top of the forum right here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16487

Please also don't keep re-posting your review over and over again.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.