Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:16 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
Derigin wrote:
This was gasmask_colostomy's 9th time placing, Thumbman's 7th time, and hells_unicorn's 19th time.

The bolded bit is absolutely fucking bonkers. Is that every single time?

Not quite, but it's up there. There's been a total of 27 challenges, so he has placed in 70% of them.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:17 pm 

This is so far the best review challenge I participated in. I got to review so many great albums, and, for the first time, I finally got a review every day for 7 days in a row! And congrats to everyone who participated as well! :beer:

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:16 pm 

Congrats to all reviewers, olives and beer for everyone. Those who don't like olives can sit at kids' table with slater and kluseba.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:00 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
Congrats to all reviewers, olives and beer for everyone. Those who don't like olives can sit at kids' table with slater and kluseba.

Hey, there's nothing wrong with being at the kids table. After all, we have some very fine grapes :-D

hells_unicorn
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:39 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
Derigin wrote:
This was gasmask_colostomy's 9th time placing, Thumbman's 7th time, and hells_unicorn's 19th time.

The bolded bit is absolutely fucking bonkers. Is that every single time?

I didn’t participate in the first one and unknowing contributed 2 to the 2nd one before becoming a regular contributor. I think there were 4 or 5 that I didn’t place in apart from those due to scheduling issues. It’s been a long ride though, I still remember the nasty case of computer-head I gave myself after the first 2007 challenge where I set my first record of 65. lol
Ominous Glory Facebook

My reviews.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio (July 14, 1942 - May 16, 2010)

Last edited by hells_unicorn on Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kluseba
Making Metal Archives Reviews Great Again!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:30 pm 

If I have to sit at the kids' table, my colleague Metantoine should also be there as supervising teacher. I'll leave you the olives and take care of the beer XD

Congratulations to everyone who participated and especially to those who had the stamina to participate until the very end!

''Room 819'': http://kluseba.eklablog.com/room-819-a-short-story-a213183053

gasmask_colostomy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:52 pm 

Metantoine wrote:

So we were all competing for olives this whole time? :( :( I think I’d be better off at the kids’ table having some juice with my other buddies. Slater said he has grapes and Kluseba has plenty of beer, that doesn’t sound too bad.

For those counting Hells’ participation stats, remember that he also “didn’t place” in Thumbman’s record breaking challenge, despite writing like 60 reviews.

This time around, I’m a little surprised I managed to get as many done as I did, since inadvertently more of them were full-lengths than usual. I always found it more encouraging to finish a few quick ones if I thought my pace was lagging. New name for this challenge is DementiaAccess, didn’t know that name until I kept seeing it high on the daily totals.
the dismal stench of The Chicken Bone Gallows on the Plains of Mediocre Desolation was unleashed upon the unsuspecting world by the unholy rusty lawnmower molester horde that is Satan's Prenuptial Charcuterie from the endless field of tombs that is Butthill, Alabama

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:24 am 

well done to everyone and the deeply autistic losers prolific reviewers who placed in the top three. It's neat seeing the challenge carry on year in year out. Would be a good 14, 15 years old now, I think! Good shit.

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

TheBurningOfSodom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:10 am 

gasmask_colostomy wrote:
New name for this challenge is DementiaAccess, didn’t know that name until I kept seeing it high on the daily totals.

Came here to say this, no offense to the big names but he's been a very welcome surprise.

In any case, it's been one Hell of a ride, and by participating for the first time I acknowledge only now how insane you guys are. Congrats to everyone, and hope my ~20th place warrants at least a half pint and a couple olives :lol:

See you next challenge!

It's the dawn of descending...

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:16 am 

I wanted to compete, however I got anxiety over my review quality and didn't participate. Perhaps next time.

Good job to all those that did participate. It's always nice to see those releases with no reviews get some love.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

gasmask_colostomy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:17 am 

caspian wrote:
well done to everyone and the deeply autistic losers prolific reviewers who placed in the top three. It's neat seeing the challenge carry on year in year out. Would be a good 14, 15 years old now, I think! Good shit.

Thanks for your generous scorn praise. Reviewing shitloads definitely gets you into a special headspace.
the dismal stench of The Chicken Bone Gallows on the Plains of Mediocre Desolation was unleashed upon the unsuspecting world by the unholy rusty lawnmower molester horde that is Satan's Prenuptial Charcuterie from the endless field of tombs that is Butthill, Alabama

MRmehman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:49 am 

I was sadly busy moving, unpacking and settling this review challenge so I didn't find the time to participate but well done to all that did! Sounds like this one was one of the best we've had for a little while.

~Guest 1195014
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:52 pm 

A bit late, but thanks for the challenge - it was a good reason to revisit some really good albums I hadn't listened to in ages (or not enough). In fact I had 2-3 more in the queue but not enough time and energy due to other IRL nonsense, so maybe next time.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4