Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
AlexViking88
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:26 am 

It was rejected today, could somebody help me to improve it before trying to put it on queue again?.

Ondskapt has been one of my favorite Swedish black metal legions for a long period of time, their approach to this occult art we call “black metal" has a distinctive watermark (even though the Mayhem and Ofermod influences are clear), they manage to make their own sound out of their inpirations.

“Grimoire Ordo Devus" took me by surprise when it was released, I was very exited when I knew that Ondskapt was putting out brand new material after such a long period of innactivity. When I finally had the oportunity to listen to this album it blew me away from the very first listen.

In “Grimoire Ordo Devus" we find a more refined and mature Ondskapt, with a way more clear production in which every instrument can be enjoyed by the listener. The use of film audios, groovy drumming, wicked guitars, acoustic parts, crushing bass, haunting vocals (harsh and monk-like chants) and tempo changes during the songs deliver a true banquet of obscurity and madness, I see this album as an huge step foward from the band compared to their old material (which was way more primitive and raw).

All we can do now is expecting another brilliant collection of dark hymns from this Swedish maniacs, let's hope, not a decade later again.

TheBurningOfSodom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:07 pm 

Hey there!

There's a thread dedicated to this kind of questions, try posting it here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16487&p=3026632#p3026632

It's the dawn of descending...

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.