Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:43 pm 

Yeah thanks. Hope ya like it. I have some more obscure heavy/power stuff I want to review in the next few days too... just a few but eh should be fun.

Deathdoom1992
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:06 pm 

DanielG06 wrote:
[
Thank you so much, I'm doing my year 11 exams right now so balancing my time between studying and reviewing albums for the challenge. I think I finished writing yesterday at about half past midnight, Abigail's Confound Eternal was my 20th and last review. I was so burned out at that point, it was pretty hard to think of ways to describe the music. Hopefully I can keep it together throughout the week.

Edit: I just read the posts above and realised the last 4 reviews I did technically count as today's. Still, 16 reviews is pretty good to start off with.

Haha you're crazy man. I remember my exams a few years back and there's no way I could've maintained such an intense writing schedule. Hell, even in my free time I don't think 20 reviews in a day is doable for me :lol: :lol:. Respect the hell out of your dedication!

Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:33 pm 

I'm taking this opportunity to review The Human Abstract's previously unreviewed discography, which is something I've wanted to do ever since I added them to the site. My output for this review challenge probably won't extend beyond that, but it's given me motivation to write a few that I've wanted to write for a long time. I don't have much creative flair left anymore for reviewing. It used to be enjoyable but only once in a blue moon now.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:34 pm 

Baazlvaat finally got added, fuck. I guess I'll do the one from last year at least.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:59 am 

Slater922 wrote:
Surprised Derigin didn't count the virgin bands this time around. Don't tell me you're not gonna count that anymore! :(

I'll put together a grand list at the end of the challenge.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:59 am 

Daily Tally for Jun 7 2022
Total Reviews: 90 / 156
Total Virgin Reviews: 80 / 145
Percentage (VIRGINS/TOTAL): 88.9% / 92.9%

Participant List for Jun 7 2022
Total Participants: 27 / 30

Today's Totals per Individual:
Spoiler: show
DanielG06 = 16
gasmask_colostomy = 15
hells_unicorn = 5
Twisted_Psychology = 5
CHAIRTHROWER = 4
lukretion = 4
Slater922 = 4
Demon Fang = 3
orphy = 3
Deathdoom1992 = 2
faithlessasshole = 2
Lane = 2
bayern = 1
dismember_marcin = 1
Edmund Sackbauer = 1
Empyreal = 1
FontaL = 1
Lord_Of_Diamonds = 1
Metantoine = 1
MorbidAtheist666 = 1
Orbitball = 1
PaganiusI = 1
robotiq = 1
Sean16 = 1
TheNotrap = 1
Tomek8754 = 1
UdetBM = 1

Running Totals per Individual:
DanielG06 = 32
gasmask_colostomy = 19
CHAIRTHROWER = 12
hells_unicorn = 12
Twisted_Psychology = 12
lukretion = 8
Slater922 = 8
orphy = 6
Lane = 4
Demon Fang = 3
MorbidAtheist666 = 3
bayern = 2
Deathdoom1992 = 2
faithlessasshole = 2
FontaL = 2
PaganiusI = 2
robotiq = 2
Sean16 = 2
dismember_marcin = 1
Edmund Sackbauer = 1
Empyreal = 1
Hames_Jetfield = 1
Lord_Of_Diamonds = 1
Metantoine = 1
NausikaDalazBlindaz = 1
Orbitball = 1
TheNotrap = 1
Tomek8754 = 1
UdetBM = 1
Wilytank = 1

Compared to the second day of the last challenge, we are up 37 reviews and 12 participants.

Congrats to DanielG06 for being today's leader with 16 reviews!

This is our strongest second day of the challenge for quite a while. Nice job! \m/

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018

CHAIRTHROWER
Methed-burnt rogue babelfish

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:33 am 

This Daniel youth is a maniac, eh? It looks like there's a three way tie for third going on, but I doubt I'll be able to topple hells_unicorn's tally by Sunday (maybe twist has a shot?). I promised Jowita over in metal land I'd take a look at a few of his sollicitations (i.e. label requests), a combination of older fare and newer stuff, a mixed bag, as tomorrow I have to spend the whole day taking a first aid class down at the J. Howe downtown. I'm saving a couple (longer written) humdingers on ice for the weekend, however...oh, look, my total forum posts is worthy of a jackpot!

Sean16
Moody Tabulator of Torn Hymens

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:00 am 

Indeed, Daniel you're definitely crazy - don't know how it's even possible to write 16 reviews a day. I know I'm a damn sloth who needs two hours to assemble a decent review, and English isn't my first language, but still. Keep this pace and you'll beat Thumbman's mark by 1 ;)

Except for the Dyrnwyn album I reviewed today my virgins are rather 'meh' this time - not bad, but this 50%-70% stuff it's always hard to find something truly interesting to say about, especially as you don't feel like spinning them a dozen of times. Oh well.

DanielG06
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:48 am 

Sean16 wrote:
Indeed, Daniel you're definitely crazy - don't know how it's even possible to write 16 reviews a day. I know I'm a damn sloth who needs two hours to assemble a decent review, and English isn't my first language, but still. Keep this pace and you'll beat Thumbman's mark by 1 ;)

Except for the Dyrnwyn album I reviewed today my virgins are rather 'meh' this time - not bad, but this 50%-70% stuff it's always hard to find something truly interesting to say about, especially as you don't feel like spinning them a dozen of times. Oh well.

Thanks, it took me about 5ish hours to write all 16 reviews. It's difficult to do, but to save time I try to keep it as concise as possible and not talk about anything irrelevant - usually the music, songwriting, production and nothing more.

Lee Harrison wrote:
Evolution is call evolution I doubt that Oystein Aarseth wasn’t stab at death he was thinking the same bullshit of ‘90…

The sound of perseverance didn’t even came out under the name of Death….

CHAIRTHROWER

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:56 am 

Ha, some of these review titles are killing me! Twisted_psychology's, in particular smack of the neophyte Baptist preacher with a scepter to grind...

Also, seeing is how I've been looking up Quebec bands of late, this intriguing chestnut came across my desk this morning. Any thoughts on what said torturous calamity is in store for non-francophone visitors to La Belle Province's capital? (I've a guess, but it's not something I feel like typing here!):

"Martyn Back
BA in French (language) & English (language), Lancaster UniversityMay 24
Is it true that some gangs in Quebec will beat you if you don’t speak to them in French?
Yes. Do not enter Quebec if you do not speak French. You are unlikely to come out alive.

Street gangs in Quebec City practice a particularly atrocious form of torture known as “La Poutine”. If I described it in detail, Quora would cancel my post."

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:19 pm 

As always, you guys are just ripping the challenge apart. Keep it up guys!
As usual, I'm happy with doing one a day and maybe one or two extra over the weekend.

If anyone needs something short to review for the challenge, I just remembered adding a Chilenean thrash outfit a couple weeks ago that shared a free download link for their demo on Facebook.

Bit late for the challenge, but maybe someone wants it anyways:
https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/I ... co/1042409

Download:
[This post contains hidden content. Quote to reveal it.]

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:20 pm 

Whew! Just got done writing six virgin reviews in a day, which I'm pretty sure is a personal record for me! I especially had fun covering all of Grabesmond's work, as I feel like they deserve more attention on this site.

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:47 pm 

My goal is to hit fifty reviews one of these rounds. Definitely not happening this time since I was busy the last couple evenings, but it's nice to get a solid number.

CHAIRTHROWER

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:33 pm 

Thirty for me would be a milestone, almost double my past record of 16 or 17 or so. I'd rather write a few less and make them all relatively solid, however; usually, by the fourth daily one this seat toss-er loses steam. I think I've upheld my end of the bargain for Jowita, though. Any one else hear from him, in terms of requests? Apparently, I hadn't honored them on two prior occasions (when I was homeless and unreliable), so I felt he was due an olive branch or three. I've a golden oldie from France in the batting cage waiting for fulfillment...but first, a little Assassin's Credo break is in order, as the game is stunningly fun and beautiful, even more so than Tiny Tina's Wonderlands!

oneyoudontknow
Cum insantientibus furere necesse est.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:48 pm 

I nearly forgot about this. Four so far ... and since I have some time to spare this week, I will write some additional texts.

My website which contains reviews as well as interviews:
https://adsol.oneyoudontknow.com
My podcast:
https://adsolmag.bandcamp.com/

DanielG06
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:00 pm 

I just broke my record. 17 reviews today, and I have to say it's wearing me out a little bit.

Lee Harrison wrote:
Evolution is call evolution I doubt that Oystein Aarseth wasn’t stab at death he was thinking the same bullshit of ‘90…

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:02 pm 

Uh, not to hamper your groove but so many of your reviews could use just a little bit more musical description. I hope you don't mind that I have been rejecting a few here and there over that.

In any case, great work!

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018

DanielG06
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:18 pm 

Derigin wrote:
Uh, not to hamper your groove but so many of your reviews could use just a little bit more musical description. I hope you don't mind that I have been rejecting a few here and there over that.

In any case, great work!

Thanks, yeah I get that they're spread thin but I'm finding it really hard to elaborate when writing for so many releases. I'll try to start adding more detail for tomorrow's reviews.

Lee Harrison wrote:

hells_unicorn
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:02 pm 

DanielG06 wrote:
I just broke my record. 17 reviews today, and I have to say it's wearing me out a little bit.

It'll do that, even if you're keeping your reviews extra short. My personal record for a single day is 19, which I think I did the last day of a challenge back in 2009. You're in a very comfortable position to win this challenge and may even get us within striking distance of the cumulative record, so don't feel bad if you don't break the current individual record.

Speaking for myself, I might be able to break 50 this week even though I'm going to lose most of Sunday to go and catch Symphony X over in Jersey. I may end up having to settle for 4th place, but I'm having a good time regardless.
Ominous Glory Facebook

My reviews.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio (July 14, 1942 - May 16, 2010)

DanielG06
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:24 pm 

hells_unicorn wrote:
DanielG06 wrote:

It'll do that, even if you're keeping your reviews extra short. My personal record for a single day is 19, which I think I did the last day of a challenge back in 2009. You're in a very comfortable position to win this challenge and may even get us within striking distance of the cumulative record, so don't feel bad if you don't break the current individual record.

Speaking for myself, I might be able to break 50 this week even though I'm going to lose most of Sunday to go and catch Symphony X over in Jersey. I may end up having to settle for 4th place, but I'm having a good time regardless.

I hope you enjoy the show. With that being said, I'm looking at the dates people in this thread joined the site/started reviewing and I find it scary how some of you guys have been doing this since before I was born.

Lee Harrison wrote:

hells_unicorn
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:34 pm 

DanielG06 wrote:
I hope you enjoy the show. With that being said, I'm looking at the dates people in this thread joined the site/started reviewing and I find it scary how some of you guys have been doing this since before I was born.

Yeah, it's just as scary to me realizing that I was in my 20s and fresh out of university when I joined this site and I'm almost halfway into my 42nd year now, time is a funny thing.
Ominous Glory Facebook

My reviews.

thePowermetalLynx
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:04 am 

Kudos to hells for that Eternal Power review! I admit I had been tempted to cover it for a challenge at certain point in the future when my reviewing skill is more refined and when I have more time. But not complaining lol

Now, if I may point your attention to another Chinese power metal in the name of Anduril... ;)

Old School is the only School

Consistency is a Virtue
Repetition is a Sin

Call me Shirley or Lynxie

gasmask_colostomy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:01 am 

DanielG06 wrote:
I have to say it's wearing me out a little bit.

Just a little bit? Man, I've already sacrificed a lot of sleep to this challenge, but it's all good, that's why it's a challenge!
the dismal stench of The Chicken Bone Gallows on the Plains of Mediocre Desolation was unleashed upon the unsuspecting world by the unholy rusty lawnmower molester horde that is Satan's Prenuptial Charcuterie from the endless field of tombs that is Butthill, Alabama

Sean16

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:35 am 

hells_unicorn wrote:
DanielG06 wrote:

Yeah, it's just as scary to me realizing that I was in my 20s and fresh out of university when I joined this site and I'm almost halfway into my 42nd year now, time is a funny thing.

Yes, mostly the old guard here, but that's why it's so refreshing to see some new blood; at least the noble art of reviewing hasn't died yet :)

A bit of an exception as far as I'm concerned, as I suffered a ten-years break before coming back to the site two years ago, and have been occasionally posting since. These challenges bring back fond memories.

CHAIRTHROWER

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:59 am 

Nice to see you reviewed Ossuary's latest, which I'd wanted to write up at some (significant) point, but couldn't bear the thought of listening once again to such a dry and stale bummer of an album. You're score is even a mite generous. Also taking a back seat today as I've some engagement downtown today, but will still try to wedge it between pair of "sagecious" morsels...in fact, brace yourself for a surprise this evening, as reward!

Last edited by CHAIRTHROWER on Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:00 am, edited 4 times in total.
Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:46 am 

Daily Tally for Jun 8 2022
Total Reviews: 80 / 236
Total Virgin Reviews: 77 / 222
Percentage (VIRGINS/TOTAL): 96.3% / 94.1%

Participant List for Jun 8 2022
Total Participants: 22 / 35

DanielG06 = 17
gasmask_colostomy = 11
Slater922 = 8
hells_unicorn = 7
CHAIRTHROWER = 5
Twisted_Psychology = 5
oneyoudontknow = 4
lukretion = 3
MorbidAtheist666 = 3
Empyreal = 2
Demon Fang = 1
Edmund Sackbauer = 1
Felix 1666 = 1
FontaL = 1
linkavitch = 1
Lord_Of_Diamonds = 1
NausikaDalazBlindaz = 1
PaganiusI = 1
robotiq = 1
Sean16 = 1
WattPheasant = 1
Xyrth = 1

DanielG06 = 49
gasmask_colostomy = 30
hells_unicorn = 19
CHAIRTHROWER = 17
Twisted_Psychology = 17
Slater922 = 16
lukretion = 11
MorbidAtheist666 = 6
orphy = 6
Demon Fang = 4
Lane = 4
oneyoudontknow = 4
Empyreal = 3
FontaL = 3
PaganiusI = 3
robotiq = 3
Sean16 = 3
bayern = 2
Deathdoom1992 = 2
Edmund Sackbauer = 2
faithlessasshole = 2
Lord_Of_Diamonds = 2
NausikaDalazBlindaz = 2
dismember_marcin = 1
Felix 1666 = 1
Hames_Jetfield = 1
linkavitch = 1
Metantoine = 1
Orbitball = 1
TheNotrap = 1
Tomek8754 = 1
UdetBM = 1
WattPheasant = 1
Wilytank = 1
Xyrth = 1

Compared to the third day of the last challenge, we are up 47 reviews and 7 participants.

Congrats to DanielG06 for being today's leader with 17 reviews!

The battle for third place appears to be tightening.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018

gasmask_colostomy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:38 am 

CHAIRTHROWER wrote:
Nice to see you reviewed Ossuary's latest, which I'd wanted to write up at some (significant) point, but couldn't bear the thought of listening once again to such a dry and stale bummer of an album. You're score is even a mite generous. Also taking a back seat today as I've some engagement downtown today, but will still try to wedge it between pair of "sagecious" morsels...in fact, brace yourself for a surprise this evening, as reward!

I always like to get these little confirmations that someone else thought a band has dipped, because I kept listening to Ossuary and couldn't find what I was missing. It's like there's just no mojo or something! Keen to see what you have to say, you're doing well on review number right now too.
the dismal stench of The Chicken Bone Gallows on the Plains of Mediocre Desolation was unleashed upon the unsuspecting world by the unholy rusty lawnmower molester horde that is Satan's Prenuptial Charcuterie from the endless field of tombs that is Butthill, Alabama

CHAIRTHROWER

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:08 pm 

Urf! What a long and rainy, traffic jammed day (it was OK otherwise, they even had lots of excellent pizza for lunch!) Unfortunately, gas, I'm too pooped tonight to render justice towards ?...But, in the meantime, I hitched a little trailer to your revelatory Stygian Oath review, as I'd heard the EP or demo but hadn't yet realized the full-length was out.

(Also, I finally made Metal Freak!)

hells_unicorn
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:05 am 

thePowermetalLynx wrote:
Kudos to hells for that Eternal Power review! I admit I had been tempted to cover it for a challenge at certain point in the future when my reviewing skill is more refined and when I have more time. But not complaining lol

Now, if I may point your attention to another Chinese power metal in the name of Anduril... ;)

Just checked them out too and penned one for their EP this evening, it feels like I've just discovered a whole new power metal scene that I had no idea existed before. I'm going to scan the roster of Infected Blood Records some more for other potential albums, if not to review, at least to hear. :thumbsup:
Ominous Glory Facebook

My reviews.

Lee Harrison
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:53 am 

Sorry if post here but I have a question for you.

How is possible conciliate quality with quantity ?

Or it’s irrilevant because the nature of challenge?

DanielG06
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:03 am 

Lee Harrison wrote:
Sorry if post here but I have a question for you.

How is possible conciliate quality with quantity ?

Or it’s irrilevant because the nature of challenge?

Try to compress the quality of the review to save time. For example, instead of doing 5-6 paragraphs and describing everything in depth, only stick to the music itself and be very specific with how things are arranged on the album in about 3 paragraphs.

Lee Harrison wrote:

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:05 am 

Daily Tally for Jun 9 2022
Total Reviews: 89 / 325
Total Virgin Reviews: 78 / 300
Percentage (VIRGINS/TOTAL): 87.6% / 92.3%

Participant List for Jun 9 2022
Total Participants: 25 / 43

gasmask_colostomy = 17
DanielG06 = 15
Twisted_Psychology = 8
hells_unicorn = 5
lukretion = 4
Slater922 = 4
CHAIRTHROWER = 2
FontaL = 2
Funeral Fogs = 2
mictjs = 2
TheBurningOfSodom = 2
Xyrth = 2
Demon Fang = 1
Edmund Sackbauer = 1
Film = 1
MorbidAtheist666 = 1
NausikaDalazBlindaz = 1
PaganiusI = 1
robotiq = 1
Sean16 = 1
spookymicha666 = 1
sunn_bleach = 1
The Bard with Bright Eyes = 1
TheSlayFer = 1
Tomek8754 = 1

DanielG06 = 64
gasmask_colostomy = 47
Twisted_Psychology = 25
hells_unicorn = 24
Slater922 = 20
CHAIRTHROWER = 19
lukretion = 15
MorbidAtheist666 = 7
orphy = 6
Demon Fang = 5
FontaL = 5
Lane = 4
oneyoudontknow = 4
PaganiusI = 4
robotiq = 4
Sean16 = 4
Edmund Sackbauer = 3
Empyreal = 3
NausikaDalazBlindaz = 3
Xyrth = 3
bayern = 2
Deathdoom1992 = 2
faithlessasshole = 2
Funeral Fogs = 2
Lord_Of_Diamonds = 2
mictjs = 2
TheBurningOfSodom = 2
Tomek8754 = 2
dismember_marcin = 1
Felix 1666 = 1
Film = 1
Hames_Jetfield = 1
linkavitch = 1
Metantoine = 1
Orbitball = 1
spookymicha666 = 1
sunn_bleach = 1
The Bard with Bright Eyes = 1
TheNotrap = 1
TheSlayFer = 1
UdetBM = 1
WattPheasant = 1
Wilytank = 1

Compared to the fourth day of the last challenge, we are up 22 reviews and 10 participants.

Congrats to gasmask_colostomy for being today's leader with 17 reviews!

Pretty exciting challenge so far with a lot of new contenders for the top of the leaderboard.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018

DanielG06
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:45 am 

Me to gasmask

Lee Harrison wrote:

CHAIRTHROWER

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:47 am 

Groan!, as gas' Rage battle review forced me to return to the drawing board in its regard. Maybe the first spin won me over, but I can see, upon second, what ails the record as whole; therefore, I had to edit it slightly, in order to not look like a yegg. Thanks! (It also goes to show how a single spin proves insufficient for a proper opinion.)

The one I'm working on for you now is giving me a lot of grief, as it's just one of those releases which demand at least ten spins for proper analysis. A promise is a promise though, so expect it soon enough...

Demon Fang
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:56 am 

Charithrower, just saying, man - my Black Mask review would like some company.

I really need to get my game on, this has been a pretty underwhelming showing. Oh but don't worry... the patented Demon Fang review of a new Krallice album should surely come soon!!

CHAIRTHROWER

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:06 am 

Masque Noir, eh? Yeah, part of my subconscious latched on to them a while back; with its female vocalist, it duly deserves perusal. I'll see what I can do...

gasmask_colostomy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:27 am 

DanielG06 wrote:
Me to gasmask

Lol well it took me 4 days to get a good one. I guess after today you won't be restricted by exams? And hope you'll do well in your English GCSE, you sure can write a pretty good summary by now :-P

CHAIRTHROWER wrote:
Groan!, as gas' Rage battle review forced me to return to the drawing board in its regard. Maybe the first spin won me over, but I can see, upon second, what ails the record as whole; therefore, I had to edit it slightly, in order to not look like a yegg. Thanks! (It also goes to show how a single spin proves insufficient for a proper opinion.)

The one I'm working on for you now is giving me a lot of grief, as it's just one of those releases which demand at least ten spins for proper analysis. A promise is a promise though, so expect it soon enough...

I had a peek at yours before I wrote mine for Battlerage, but my mind was already made up - it's a mess for half the album. FYI, if you're speaking of Jowita from Metal on Metal, that one and Hellspike are the 2 I committed to for her (yep, a lady; I'm not familiar with many Polish first names either), so I hope she doesn't mind that one is pretty negative.

If you mean The Ossuary, don't wear yourself out!

Sean16

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:31 am 

Nice little battle at the top indeed. Where's hells_unicorn when we need him?

Can't believe I just wrote a review for that band.

thePowermetalLynx
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:37 am 

hells_unicorn wrote:
Just checked them out too and penned one for their EP this evening, it feels like I've just discovered a whole new power metal scene that I had no idea existed before. I'm going to scan the roster of Infected Blood Records some more for other potential albums, if not to review, at least to hear. :thumbsup:

Glad you enjoyed it! As usual I felt in awe of your reviews-allow me a few moments of fangirling.
Now I won't exactly say we have a scene here. As far as I know, there's only about 10 power metal bands recorded in the archives and less than half of them are active. Personally I'd always felt we lagged 10 years when it comes to
metal in general. But if you're interested I would also recommend Iron Blade and Libris Mortis, though I'm not sure whether or not the latter band offers any streaming platform that can be accessed abroad -I've been telling the band members anons they should get a bandcamp lol

Old School is the only School

Consistency is a Virtue
Repetition is a Sin

Call me Shirley or Lynxie

CHAIRTHROWER

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:05 pm 

I'll be darned, here the whole time I imagined her as some dude!

Well, I hope you like the little missive I just put up, it didn't come easy...

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next