Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Deathdoom1992
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:43 pm 

There's succinct, and then there's a third of the review being in the title.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:35 am 

Spoiler: show
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

stainedclass2112
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:22 pm 

Gotta get me one of them there musical material stretchers.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:12 pm 

Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:37 am 

Diamhea wrote:

That's nothing mate, try understanding !T.O.O.H.!'s lyrics! Now that's a challenge!!! :lol:

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:19 pm 

Too big for a screenshot, but oh boy...

Chained - Earth
Hear Me Baal - 85%
6 years of war consumed this forsaken place called Syria and become very difficult to operate anything musician
Despite the Hell we are facing, Many Bands Came up with very strong albums Like : Eulen ,Haxml, Theoria, Despair
despite all the scarce resources and the difficulty of the situation They Impressed me.
chained Is A New Band Formed this year
8 Monthes took the Guy Called Mahmoud Mohammad to complete the project
Mahmod Mohammad Is A Mastermind Guy, He Is A Guitarist, Bassist ,pianist, Drummer, And he is hell of a producer
The album consists of 4 Tracks that is a Mixture Between Melodic Black Metal, Atmospheric, And Even Oriental Vibes
The Distorted And Harsh Guitar Effects with The Blastbeating on The Drums, Oh And i can't tell about the keyboardist who was the master of all this
Usually I Don't Like To review every track of the Album
but this one force me to do This
I Will Start with the first track Called Earth:
The Intro is about a clean lovely guitar riffs leading the track with the drummer Intervenes
It's about 2 minutes of ِ Amazement and you can't tell any thing
The Vocal Attacking The song hahaa , the horror begins
The Second Verse is pure Melancholy and grief with the solo cutting your wrists
it keeps flowing with the guitar solo and the vocal merging it
it comes to the Change in the Tune like there is a stand between the tow lines
what was and what about to being
The harmony between the blastbeat and the guitar riffs gave you a great sense of aggregation
and it keeps like that until the outro end the massacre
Disrespect Water and you will drown
hahaha i'm sure of it
This one was written based on classical methods
Once the track played the first thing pop to your mind is you are listening to dimmu borgir and this is mustis
hell it is not ,
This one is special track really, i mean you listen to it one time
and then you can't get it out of your head
after the intro end the guitar is playing the same notes the piano was playing
and it was really brilliant work to get the melody in different ways
The Synth in the background was a killer thing
then it becomes to the solo when you feel the oriental vibes a little bit
and then it continues to the way it begin
Fire,Soil and what's beyond
My fav song in this EP
if you are looking for an epic song then you found what you were seeking
The first thing you hear in this song is something you hear in Summoning songs or otherwise
The Rising of the Hellish Evil Vocal Saying : Lucifer
the harmony with the guitar is really cool thing
the clean vocal was a big surprise and it amazing me a lot
This one is well producer when you hear the Rolls on the drums with the left and right
really good thing
The Double voice technique breaks the silence to prepare you to the most aggressive thing you will hear
and it strikes you well
the keyboard stoned you and you can't even move
And .....
Ecstasy Of Devotion
The Final Chapter...
This song got no intro it begins with blasting drums beat and vocal growling
And The Guitar Distorted riffs feels like thrash metal
The Synth make you feel The Majesty
the clean vocal rise again from nowhere to impress us
and now it comes to the oriental guitar solo
(it was well written solo )
the most aggressive verse in the whole EP
now it comes
for a second you think you are listening to behemoth
The Vocal Growling the holy words: Hear Me Baal
to the end....
the Ep was a masterpiece and deserve many good intention
i am really impressed about this guy and i can't wait to hear more from him...
Give it a listen and feel the depth of pure Evil And Hate

Last.fm

stainedclass2112
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:29 pm 

Oh goodness gracious. That's... that one is special. What kind of rejection message did you leave on that one? I'm guessing some reviews leave you at a loss for words on what to say.

Napalm_Satan
Ever-Opening Flower

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:56 pm 

You could eat all the alphagetti needed to make up that entire review, vomit, and it would be more sensibly and coherently 'formatted' than that.

Deathdoom1992
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:10 pm 

I literally saw the format, read the opening line and thought it was some kind of epic poem.

"6 years of war consumed this forsaken place". Why is it I'm reading that and hearing it in John Kevill from Warbringer's voice.

EDIT: Any thrash band actually.
EDIT+1: Any metal band.
FINAL EDIT: Fuck it, that line is copyrighted to me from now on, I'm using it.

Last edited by Deathdoom1992 on Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sepulchrave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:10 pm 

Quote:
Usually I Don't Like To review every track of the Album
but this one force me to do This

"You did it! You forced me into it!"

Quote:
Disrespect Water and you will drown - Confucius

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:11 pm 

"Usually" indeed, he doesn't do it in his hundreds of other reviews.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:10 am 

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:06 pm 

Quote:
you will not find here a keyboard przeszkadzajek in the form of samples.

Good to know. Last thing I want is for the keyboard samples to go all przeszkadzajek. Can't stand it when that happens.
It’s so powerful that your stomachs will damn.
Bulgogi Kimchi Bibimbap waffle burger! Holy shit! litterally shit!

Rosenthorn
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:37 pm 

"The band, whose music is firmly rooted in the indigenous black metal."

This sentence could've really gone somewhere. Sadly, its life was cut short by that damn period. Such a shame.

Obey the dolphin!

Deathdoom1992
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:00 pm 

The indigenous black metal? Why am I picturing a bunch of Aboriginal Australians standing in the outback, playing a cover of "The Freezing Moon"?

There's so much stuff I could quote there, that middle paragraph is gold.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:21 am 

Last.fm

demonomania
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:30 pm 

I fell on my ass so beautiful!

"Everyone welcome back the Hoffman brothers, a new beginning for great guitarists and people."

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:54 pm 

Last.fm

Deathdoom1992
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:34 pm 

Roughly how many Amon Amarth reviews mention Odin or feeling like you're at war, do you think?

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:24 pm 

Few things piss me off more than artists trying to whitewash their Bandcamp release history, or pull a fast one on us after deleting and/or revising entries.

Someone found a way to piss me off even more, by attempting to write a "Review" in order to contradict the EM page for his old band. Another kvlt kid acting like a.... child. Who would have thought?

Last.fm

stainedclass2112
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:39 pm 

Are things like that bannable offences?

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:46 am 

2003-2004-era track by track reviews. This garbage is why we are so adamant against this writing style nowadays. So to the umpteenth complainee claiming that they wish for a return to the "good ol days" when everyone was lamely slobbering on Ultraboris' knob by half-assed attempts at their own "angry reviewer" shtick before retro game reviewers ruined it even worse, enjoy the read:

Quote:
Better than Dark saga, but that isn't saying much! - 70%
Warmaster, December 3rd, 2003

But that doesn't mean it is "Night of the stormrider" either.

The main problem with this album is a) Repitition and more devistatingly b) Ballads. Now i don't begrudge a pop band a ballad, i don't even begrudge a metal band the odd ballad. After all, I like Blind guardian's "lord of the rings" but that is the only ballads on the same album as that. This album, the one i am reviewing, doesn't have one ballad, nor two. it has five.

Yep, you heard it FIVE FUCKING BALLADS!

That is is so far over the top that it leaves this album a inconsitant repetitive mess, instead of a repetitive but decent album. There are 13 songs on this album, with five ballads, thats over a third of the album infested with the things. Without them, this would have made a bloody good eight song album, instead, we are left with this inconsistent mess. it builds up to a decent pace, before we have to put the brakes on, and then do it again, and again, until we finally get to some consistantcy pace wise at the end.

Opening with "Burning times" this album sets of at a nice pace. not the song which could have best opened this album, but its fast, good riff work, and some good lyrics. Then, we hit the wall runnings as fast as we can, for we've just got to the first ballad "melancholy" Horrible speed drop, and completely forgetible lyrics. Pass.

Ouch, that hurt, well, dusting ourselves off, we take off upto a decent speed again with "Disciples of the Lie" A really fast crunchng riff which reminds me somewhat of "Violate" on dark sage, but it is much more brutal. a bit repeptivie riff wise, but its a good song. then, Splat! we hit the wall again, as we've just reached the seond ballad "Watching over me" Though this song gets lots of flak, it is actually the best of the ballads on this album, but outside of being played live, where the decent singalong lyrics will be in full effect, it is still, not very good. listen to the live version, forget this.

That was painful. well, wiping off our bloddy nose, we pick right back up to speed with "Stand alone" This is another good thrasher, It is too short, and it is a little repetitive, but i'll give it hte benefit of the doubt. then, Crunch! We hit the wall for the third time, as we've hit the thrid ballad "Consequences" This is a truly awful ballad, even the solo won't save it. pass.

Well, we're in a good deal of pain now, but we pick back up to speed once more with "my own savior" Another decent thrasher. suffers from repitition, but still, very decent, with some crushing lyrics. then, you've guessed it, we hit the wall once more "Bang!" "the reaping stone" comes up. Yet another utterly forgetable ballad. I'm thinking of writitng a letter of complaint to schaffer by now.

Well, with several broken bones, we pick ourselves back up for "1776! Forget the title and the conoatations, and this sounds like an iron maiden instrumental. not a bad thing in itself, and its got a nice sound of elcetirc guitar, but then, it is so obvious, that we slow down and just stand in front of the wall, for we've just reached the fifth (And thankfully final) ballad "Blessed are you"! This is Schaffer's ego trip, As soon as i knew the subject, i skipped it. i'd rather not listen to someones ego over skill thank you.

But finally, three fast songs in a row, the "something wicked" triology. These songs beat to a pulp everything else on the album, and make me look forward to the concept album based on them. Still, isn't it a bit strange that this storyline has been done by the band twice before, i'm thinking the "strormrider" story line, and then the "spawn" storyline of the dark saga. ah well, i'll hold back my judgement until we get the concept album. these three songs finally give us a show that schaffer can be a decent song writer. Even if he has lost a lot of his skill of late.

Well then, it is certainly better than the Dark sage, but not as good as "horror show" and nowhere near as good as the first three albums. Still, it is reasonable, just make sure you've got a CDR handy so you can copy the 8 decent songs off so that you don't need to listen to the ballads.

Last.fm

Deathdoom1992
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:56 am 

I was reading some of UB's early reviews, just 'cos I can, and got pretty much what I was expecting: a less magnified persona and shorter writing style, but the humour is still there, like in the following from his very first review.

Quote:
it's a well-known fact that in 1881, Alexander II was blown up by an assassin armed with SEVENTEEN RIFFS PER MINUTE.

Also, jeez that guy above needs lessons in capitalization and proofreading.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:03 am 

Diamhea wrote:
Few things piss me off more than artists trying to whitewash their Bandcamp release history, or pull a fast one on us after deleting and/or revising entries.

Someone found a way to piss me off even more, by attempting to write a "Review" in order to contradict the EM page for his old band. Another kvlt kid acting like a.... child. Who would have thought?

I love how he deletes his Facebook and Bandcamp but the EP is still up in iTunes of all places. :lol:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/in-th ... 1082210142

EDIT: Amazon too.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BMVNRSW/re ... -1%3C/a%3E

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:25 am 

Last.fm

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:03 pm 

Last.fm

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:36 pm 

"Best magic frosty album ever"? That's hysterical. "Magic frosty" sounds like some Engrish title for a low-budget kiddy show :lol:

~Guest 327946
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:32 pm 

The majority of these "reviews" are trolling cases. People can't be that retarded, they realize, that 3 poorly written lines won't make their way to the site

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:36 pm 

LoveBreedsSuicide wrote:
The majority of these "reviews" are trolling cases. People can't be that retarded, they realize, that 3 poorly written lines won't make their way to the site

Nah, some people are simply very dumb and just submit stuff without reading the rules or the other reviews.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:59 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
LoveBreedsSuicide wrote:

Nah, some people are simply very dumb and just submit stuff without reading the rules or the other reviews.

And then when their dumb bullshit is rightfully rejected, you get stuff like this:

Brabfaf wrote:
this website is so FUCKING RETARDED! PERSONAL reviews are meant to be just that, PERSONAL, and MY opinion Why should I have to have the approval of this stupid fuck Diamhea or Diarrhea or whoever the fuck the tard is ? People come here to see what people think, not what the moderators think of what people think. Fuck this fucking place and the fucking piece of shit fat fucking mods,fuck everybody who buys into this bullshit and thinks this is a good fucking idea, and most of all, FUCK YOU Diarrhea, you fucking twat. You people know nothing about metal! I mean come on, Diamhea gave OVERKILL and QUEENSRYCHE, bands old people like my dad listen to, good ratings, those bands are absolute shit. Nobody cares about old washed up wrinkly old fucks like them anymore. Why are the mods allowed to do whatever the fuck they want and us normal people need approval from people who like shitty bands ?

~Guest 327946
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:13 pm 

I am rather uneducated about programming, but maybe autofilters or stuff like that are worth adding. That would disable sending an amount of words below a specified minimum and help to cut that "3 lines" trash off, which can be currently submitted.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:28 pm 

LoveBreedsSuicide wrote:

In some instances yes, but if you were to be a "mod for a day" you'd quickly realize that yes, people really are THAT dumb.

Last.fm

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:44 am 

Last.fm

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:33 pm 

Gives it 7% - says it's "not bad". :lol:

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:38 pm 

What the shit? "I" is nowhere near 1.

Makino
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:43 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
"Best magic frosty album ever"? That's hysterical. "Magic frosty" sounds like some Engrish title for a low-budget kiddy show :lol:

If only my Spanish and French tutees made mistakes like this! The earth, moon, and sun have to align perpendicularly on the Ides of March for gems like this to be formed. I've been laughing at that title for at least ten minutes straight :lol:

~Guest 327946
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:01 pm 

Seriously, if juliedion is not trolling, but genuinely thinks that this way of description is passable ANYWHERE, than my faith in humanity is shattered. This level of shitness is not acceptable even for briefly expressing your thoughts on some insignificant stuff you bought via Internet, in a feedback section of an online shopping site.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:59 pm 

Last.fm

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:26 am 

failsafeman wrote:
For Novembre's The Blue:

Quote:
Albus Dumbledore's Disorder - 9%
Written by greengnosis on November 25th, 2007

pork stench fat blue brigade. morbid gothic cow disease. loathing flotsam and jetsam. syringes on the beaches. halley's comet swooping down from universal curtains. scorched lizards frying in holes. beefy hillbillies with killian's irish red. fuck mister bigsley. hello jansen moon child. goodbye wobbles mckearney.

Is this supposed to be some sort of shitty poetry?

:D

Last.fm

meshigene
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:28 pm 

Diamhea wrote:

If the reviewer's English wasn't so bad, this review would actually be decent. Probably.

I sincerely hope that someone will eventually give us three more small bombinettes behind the faggots.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 76  Next