Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
OlympicSharpshooter
The Universal Magnetic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:58 am 

Nightgaunt wrote:
For Dimmu Borgir -- Puritanical Blah Blah Whatever.

Quote:
Black Metal At It's Finest.... - 100%
Written by Odio_Pieno on October 14th, 2005

The Best Produced Album They Have Done All Around Everything Comes In Clear And Does Not Sound There Older Stuff Where It Is The Same Rift Over And Over Really If You Can't Say It Is Not A God Like Album Then Don't Listen To Metal Really Cause You Have No Idea What Your Talking About And The Whole Thing That Orchestra Is Lame Or Overrated Then You Really Don't Know Your Roots The Is Great On All Aspects And It Tops There Musical Capablities.

m/ "Keep The Metal Faith Alive" - Chuck Schuldiner m/

"Rift" is probably the single worst piece of metal-related Engrish ever. Hundreds of times worse than "trash" or "solows."

My reply:

Nightgaunt wrote:
End your life. Do it painfully; do it brutally; do it messily. But most importantly....do it soon.

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DeathForBlitzkrieg
A Dead Man's Robe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:41 pm 

^^^ :lol:

Nightgaunt wrote:
You can write a multi-page review in the style of a post-graduate thesis, but if I see you use "u" for "you" even ONCE, I will destroy it.

I wonder why some many people, especially at chat rooms , use it? I mean, it looks ridiculous, or that "r" instead of "are", it only confuses you. :nono:

Certain_Death
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:48 pm 

DeathForBlitzkrieg wrote:
^^^ :lol:

Nightgaunt wrote:
You can write a multi-page review in the style of a post-graduate thesis, but if I see you use "u" for "you" even ONCE, I will destroy it.

I wonder why some many people, especially at chat rooms , use it? I mean, it looks ridiculous, or that "r" instead of "are", it only confuses you. :nono:

It was invented for worthless beings that are too lazy to type out the entire word - as if it were really more difficult to hit two extra keys and not look like quite so much of a colossal imbecile.

josephus wrote:
The way these XTREEM kiddies think they have discovered true BROOTALITY makes me want to vomit out my entire digestive tract onto newborn children.

OlympicSharpshooter
The Universal Magnetic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:38 pm 

I find it sad that I can type something like "U r n idiot 2 lol" some places and not be looked at cockeyed.

Visionary
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:13 am 

OlympicSharpshooter wrote:
Nightgaunt wrote:

Quote:

The Best Produced Album They Have Done All Around Everything Comes In Clear And Does Not Sound There Older Stuff Where It Is The Same Rift Over And Over Really If You Can't Say It Is Not A God Like Album Then Don't Listen To Metal Really Cause You Have No Idea What Your Talking About And The Whole Thing That Orchestra Is Lame Or Overrated Then You Really Don't Know Your Roots The Is Great On All Aspects And It Tops There Musical Capablities.

"Rift" is probably the single worst piece of metal-related Engrish ever. Hundreds of times worse than "trash" or "solows."

My reply:

Nightgaunt wrote:
End your life. Do it painfully; do it brutally; do it messily. But most importantly....do it soon.

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wow that even puts CountKrishnakh to shame
Because they are not considered metal? This is not fare!!!

RYANOFCALI
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:12 am 

wow I didn't know songs could have a place where the Earth's crust and lithosphere are being pulled apart. hahahahahaha

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:15 am 

Bloodstone wrote:
Nightgaunt wrote:

Quote:

My reply:

Nightgaunt wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: MY EYES!!! :ugh:

More like MY BRAIN!!! :ugh:

This thread fucking delivers :lol:
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

Peregrin
Cricket Bat of Longinus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:59 am 

RYANOFCALI wrote:
wow I didn't know songs could have a place where the Earth's crust and lithosphere are being pulled apart. hahahahahaha

Actually, you could write songs about that...

PseudoGoatKill
High Priest(ess) of the Order

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:46 am 

This is bad.

Quote:
Fascinated once again by the kovenant - 100%
Written by ordos on October 18th, 2005

Well, After the realese of animatronic which was a great sounding album, i've waited a long time for the next release, Cause i was very curious to listen to the new album, and how it would sound like, because the kovenant change thier way of music from an album to another, but with respect to thier style.... And when i listened to s.e.t.i and to its electronic atmospheres and to the heavy guitar riffs, i was once again amazed by the way of the music is and by how this unbelievble band play it...!!!

All S.E.T.I tracks is amazing. powerful and full of potential, also thier is a slow song "Stillborn universe" which sounded very nice and very unique...!!! "phantomime" song is awesome , all the elements is in this song, clean vocals, distoreted screaming vocal with cyber vocal and of course a lot of electronic sounds, this song is the one i liked the most in this amazing album.

More electronic sounds and atmospheres, heavy guitar riffs, i think heavier than animatronic , more clean vocals, also distorted vocal, and cyber vocals like in "keepers of the garden" song and "phantomime" song.

All that i can say that, if you are a fan of electronic/industrial metal, you will love this album very much.....! these guys always surprise us with thier music, what can i say except HAIL THE KOVENANT BECAUSE THE KOVENANT RULESSS......!!!!

I took there one point, and cried.

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:21 pm 

For Brocas Helm's "Black Death."

Quote:
the best medieval release- magic - 100%
Written by manowarking2001 on October 19th, 2005

JUST AMAZING!!!

EVERY SONG HERE REALLY GRAPS YOU WITH ITS ATMOSPHERE!!!!
HELL'S WHIP IS THE BEST SONG FOR ME, THE THUNDERS DRIVE ME
WILD!!
IT'S HARD TO CHOOSE WHAT'S BEST HERE!!!!

It sure is.
The bizarre lattices were all around. Sticks and bits of board nailed together in fantastic array. It should've been ridiculous. Instead it seemed oddly sinister--these inexplicable lattices spread through a wilderness bearing little evidence that man had ever passed through...

OlympicSharpshooter
The Universal Magnetic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:26 pm 

PseudoGoatKill wrote:
HAIL THE KOVENANT BECAUSE THE KOVENANT RULESSS......!!!!

Now that's how you end a review!

ThrashGordon
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:26 pm 

Ive nothing against the actual reviews written by gabometal86 but the question marks gets a bit distracting after a while.

Take your last breath!!!!! - 88%
Written by Gabometal86 on December 9th, 2004

L��z Rockit � Know Your Enemy.

I don�t know if �know your Enemy� is the catchiest heavy metal album ever, probably �Denim And Leather� or �Screaming For Vengeance� are catchier than this one. But hey, it�s only my humble opinion. Surely and truly �Know Your Enemy� is catchy as hell, �Last Breath� and �Euroshima� have choruses that get stuck in your head from the first time you listen to it. Think of 80�s Judas Priest style mixed with Thrash Metal riffs and efficient drum work. This album counts with great interludes and Michael Coon�s vocals are over the fucking top and shrieky as hell.

The album kicks off with �Demolition� that is a one minute and a quarter lasting intro that leads us to �Last Breath� which is a thrash onslaught with a great intro riff and a catchy chorus that goes �Take your last breath� and the underlying riff behind the chorus totally owns. �Euroshima� is pretty similar with a simple but memorable fast riff and a catchy as hell chorus again. Remember Euroshima. Then it comes �Most Dangerous Game� which starts as a ballad and then turns into a heavy and bludgeoning tune featuring a great middle section with nice riff work and good bass lines. �Shot To Hell� starts with a little bass introduction, then the drums, the guitar and finally the vocals kick in. The vocal performance is excellent on this song especially on that memorable and catchy chorus. �Say Goodbye M.F.� is a crushing tune that at times goes mid paced and at times moves at fast pace with a very solid guitar work

Next is �Self Destruct� which is a total thrasher with consistent drumming, good solos and of course a catchy chorus. �Means To An End� is a power ballad that keeps the things interesting with its solid guitar work and that crazed high-pitched vocals hitting you in the head. �I�m Electric� is the fastest song on the album and that�s much to say. It�s a complete brilliant tune with excellent leads, supported by proficient drumming and those excellent falsetto acute vocals. �Mad Axe Attack� consists of a pretty good 2 minute lasting guitar solo and finally comes �Shit�s Ugly� which is very weak. It�s the only really weak song on the album and it doesn�t do anything for me.

Conclusion: This is a fabulous thrash metal album with excellent solos and remarkable catchiness. The vocals are high pitched and really over-the-top and the drum work is also pretty consistent. So, if you love Thrash then you�ll love this one, sometimes they remember me to Helstar but with a higher pitched vocalist. I am sorry James Rivera, you�ve been beaten.

ogmetal
Veteran of the Psychic Wars

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:36 pm 

That's your computer, not the review. You need to check your language settings, I believe.

ThrashGordon
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:30 am 

ogmetal wrote:
That's your computer, not the review. You need to check your language settings, I believe.

really?

shit thanks for that

CandideCamera
Pour l'encouragement des autres

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:48 am 

ThrashGordon wrote:
Ive nothing against the actual reviews written by gabometal86 but the question marks gets a bit distracting after a while.

Take your last breath!!!!! - 88%
Written by Gabometal86 on December 9th, 2004

L??z Rockit ? Know Your Enemy.

I don?t know if ?know your Enemy? is the catchiest heavy metal album ever, probably ?Denim And Leather? or ?Screaming For Vengeance? are catchier than this one. But hey, it?s only my humble opinion. Surely and truly ?Know Your Enemy? is catchy as hell, ?Last Breath? and ?Euroshima? have choruses that get stuck in your head from the first time you listen to it. Think of 80?s Judas Priest style mixed with Thrash Metal riffs and efficient drum work. This album counts with great interludes and Michael Coon?s vocals are over the fucking top and shrieky as hell.

The album kicks off with ?Demolition? that is a one minute and a quarter lasting intro that leads us to ?Last Breath? which is a thrash onslaught with a great intro riff and a catchy chorus that goes ?Take your last breath? and the underlying riff behind the chorus totally owns. ?Euroshima? is pretty similar with a simple but memorable fast riff and a catchy as hell chorus again. Remember Euroshima. Then it comes ?Most Dangerous Game? which starts as a ballad and then turns into a heavy and bludgeoning tune featuring a great middle section with nice riff work and good bass lines. ?Shot To Hell? starts with a little bass introduction, then the drums, the guitar and finally the vocals kick in. The vocal performance is excellent on this song especially on that memorable and catchy chorus. ?Say Goodbye M.F.? is a crushing tune that at times goes mid paced and at times moves at fast pace with a very solid guitar work

Next is ?Self Destruct? which is a total thrasher with consistent drumming, good solos and of course a catchy chorus. ?Means To An End? is a power ballad that keeps the things interesting with its solid guitar work and that crazed high-pitched vocals hitting you in the head. ?I?m Electric? is the fastest song on the album and that?s much to say. It?s a complete brilliant tune with excellent leads, supported by proficient drumming and those excellent falsetto acute vocals. ?Mad Axe Attack? consists of a pretty good 2 minute lasting guitar solo and finally comes ?Shit?s Ugly? which is very weak. It?s the only really weak song on the album and it doesn?t do anything for me.

Conclusion: This is a fabulous thrash metal album with excellent solos and remarkable catchiness. The vocals are high pitched and really over-the-top and the drum work is also pretty consistent. So, if you love Thrash then you?ll love this one, sometimes they remember me to Helstar but with a higher pitched vocalist. I am sorry James Rivera, you?ve been beaten.
Wrong thread, this isn't oven fodder.

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:54 am 

ThrashGordon wrote:
ogmetal wrote:

really?

shit thanks for that

Yes, reviews that include nonstandard characters aren't accepted in the first place.
The bizarre lattices were all around. Sticks and bits of board nailed together in fantastic array. It should've been ridiculous. Instead it seemed oddly sinister--these inexplicable lattices spread through a wilderness bearing little evidence that man had ever passed through...

ThrashGordon
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:03 am 

ogmetal wrote:

where or how do I change the settings? I cant seem to figure it out

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:35 pm 

For Pokolgép's Ejszakai Bevetes (Night Raid):

Quote:
... - 100%
Written by Worf_ on October 30th, 2005

OlympicSharpshooter
The Universal Magnetic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:02 pm 

Unearthly
Spectre of Wrath

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:27 pm 

What the fuck?

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:19 pm 

Ah, current events. This was slotted into an Opeth album, the new one, I believe.

Quote:
THE BESTEST EVERSSS - 100%
Written by NocturnalToke on November 2nd, 2005

Yea, your site is made like shit. I can't find a single link to email you douches so i figured someone would see this (duh) and i guess they could delete my account. Thanks and have fun rejecting the reviews of some other asshole who doesn't meet your "standards" and please delete all my reviews, thanks.

Nightgaunt wrote:
No, and no. Thank you, come again.

Visionary
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:22 pm 

Nightgaunt wrote:
Ah, current events. This was slotted into an Opeth album, the new one, I believe.

Quote:
THE BESTEST EVERSSS - 100%
Written by NocturnalToke on November 2nd, 2005

Yea, your site is made like shit. I can't find a single link to email you douches so i figured someone would see this (duh) and i guess they could delete my account. Thanks and have fun rejecting the reviews of some other asshole who doesn't meet your "standards" and please delete all my reviews, thanks.

Nightgaunt wrote:
No, and no. Thank you, come again.

I think his profile says it all. I like how you eddited it :lol:

http://www.metal-archives.com/userprofi ... turnalToke

Last edited by Visionary on Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cynical
Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:22 pm 

Why the FUCK did you invite him back at the end of your reply?

EDIT- @ Visionary- That HAD to be a mod-edit to his profile.

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:25 pm 

SO we can all bask in the warmth of his outsized cun....I mean, wit. Here, look at this profile:

Ta-dah.

Scathing, but ingenius, no? Voltaire would feel vindicated.

EDIT: No, that's all him, baby. Credit where it's due.

Visionary
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:26 pm 

Cynical wrote:
Why the FUCK did you invite him back at the end of your reply?

EDIT- @ Visionary- That HAD to be a mod-edit to his profile.

haha yeah I actually read the rest of it and saw the I"M A FANBUOY!!!11 type stuff and eddited my comment. :lol:

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:33 pm 

And, hot on the glitter-spotted highheels of the last one, for Command's Sturmangriff:

Quote:
Fuck off - 100%
Written by MuzgashLagduf on November 2nd, 2005

Fuck you, bastard...yeah, I speak english nigger...
Fuck off...

Somehow, I get the feeling that Clanny had something to do with this.

Nightgaunt wrote:
The drive-thru is over there, Paulo. Get your ass back to work. Those 17 kids won't feed themselves.

OlympicSharpshooter
The Universal Magnetic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:57 pm 

Brutal...

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:01 pm 

Since there seems to be a misunderstanding, let me say that I did NOT edit NocturnalToke's profile. That's his own devastating commentary you see there, folks.

OlympicSharpshooter
The Universal Magnetic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:05 pm 

He was apparently possessed by the spirit of a Metal-Archives mod then, because that's exactly the kind of mockery you folks usually get up to.

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:37 pm 

He must've thought that he'd strike a crushing blow and deprive us of our fun.

I think he's overestimated the degree of "fun" involved just a mite, personally.

ogmetal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:51 pm 

Apparently Nightgaunt thought I might have done this. It wasn't me, but I'd gladly take credit for it.

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:04 pm 

I didn't think you had the ability, but you were like "Hey, look what I did to NocturnalToad", and I thought you might've meant this. But, apparently I was right the first time.

Just think, Og. Imagine how swank our jobs would be if all of the whelps were kind enough to drown themselves like that.

Then we'd be set. Livin' the life. As important, carefree celebrities.

On the internet.

ogmetal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:45 am 

Well said, my faceless friend.

Ah...Utopia.

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:19 pm 

For Mayhem's Dawn of the Black Hearts:

Quote:
Pure Fukking Legends!!! - 99%
Written by misanthropist on November 3rd, 2005

a RARE collections from mayhem's finest.....a KILLER....a MUST for every pure black metal fans out there....eventhough not an official release....its worth every cent....CAUTION: prices are steep...not for the weak hearted...

in my damn fucking opinion,i think tracks 1-8(live in Sarpsborg,Norway 1990) are better in every way....including DEAD's grimmed vocals....track 9-12 (live in Lillehammer,Norway 1986) are a bit much shit...a bit horrendous covering those songs...but still,mayhem is stil mayhem....

argh!!!!

MMisantropo
Magnificient Degluter of Yummy Ants

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:01 am 

Nightgaunt wrote:

Quote:

What does Chuck have to do will all that crap, and whatever happened to his pointer finger?

Bloodstone
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:38 pm 

MMisantropo wrote:
Nightgaunt wrote:

Quote:

What does Chuck have to do will all that crap, and whatever happened to his pointer finger?

For some reason, \'s don't seem to appear.

OlympicSharpshooter
The Universal Magnetic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:55 pm 

As I learned when I attempted to include it in one of my reviews last year. :P

Corimngul
Freddled Gruntbuggly

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:36 pm 

Perhaps you need to write to of them i.e \\. It's that way in a few code and programming languages.

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:59 pm 

For Eternal Sorrow's The Way of Regret:

Quote:
good album - 96%
Written by Saurian on November 5th, 2005

first time i heard this album i was admazed at the intesity of their darkness i was plased at this albuim and i advise that you downlaod it...

RickJames
Future Drone Librarian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:27 pm 

I don't have the simplest clue what drugs people are on these days. For some of these interviews I see. When people could take drugs that would make them suicidal, homicidal, catatonic, and succumb to immediate death. Now they just sound like lobotomized zombies that only believe fragments are sentences.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 76  Next