Element_man
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 12:06 am 

OlympicSharpshooter wrote:
For Hibria's Defying the Rules:

Quote:
Instant Classic! - 100%
Written by FFC on April 18th, 2006

Is hard to make a review just listening to it one time, yeah you read right I have heard this cd one time (excepting the first 2 songs they were so cool I decided to listen to them more because I was sure that any song in the whole album was going to be half good at the first 2, well I was wrong), but when a band is so tight and so powerful it is difficult not to like the album in the first listen.

This guys are the living proof that no matter how many times it is done if you make it with this such BALLS the people will like it. The album begins with Steel Lord on Wheels, this is what I called a kick ass intro song, kicks you right in the face, several times, the ass kicking do not finishes here, in fact the album doesn’t stop punching your face until it finishes, no ballads in here just pure power metal with actual power on it.

All the way the album delivers awesome guitar solos, incredible vocal performance, breathtaking melodies, pumping bass, energetic drums. For the ones that are tired of over-used of keyboards in your power metals albums, you need this album. An instant classic.

Rejection Notice:
Umm... use spelling and grammar check. Actually describe the music in detail... wow that review was bad man, I'm sorry.

- OSS
This post also inspired me to try my hand at writing a review for that album.

OlympicSharpshooter
The Universal Magnetic

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:13 pm 

For some shit BM demo.

Quote:
fukkig evil stuff!!!! - 100%
Written by khronn on May 22nd, 2006

strictly limited to 20 units, including all 3 demo-tapes of demogorgon and a t-shirt with the coverprint of the "nänie"-demo...
there comes a very special letter within the box and the 3 tapes are coloured black, white and (hard to guess) red...
raw, hateful blasphemy in the vein of nargaroth, further with some influences of xasthur and grimnismal...and all through the tracks you will discover the very special note of christslaughter...

Notice: The most blasphemous and inverted nekro yeti demands better writing from his followers!

- OSS

PhantomOTO
Exterminator 666 Does Not Answer

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:08 pm 

Unfortunately I deleted it without thinking of this thread, but I rejected a 100% review for Apocalypse (Shadow0fDeath's "project").

creepingdoom
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:19 pm 

I hate reviews that say stuff like "a kick in the chest," "a wall of bricks coming at you at the speed of light," and all of that other non-sense.

droneriot
incelgender

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:40 pm 

PhantomOTO wrote:
Unfortunately I deleted it without thinking of this thread, but I rejected a 100% review for Apocalypse (Shadow0fDeath's "project").

I was going to write a review for it with a relatively high rating (25-30%), but I can't get ahold of the one track of it that isn't on the purevolume site.

OlympicSharpshooter
The Universal Magnetic

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:55 pm 

Which song? I've got all of them.

droneriot
incelgender

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:00 pm 

The first.

PseudoGoatKill
High Priest(ess) of the Order

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:17 pm 

If it's the song I'm thinking of, let me help.

*Wind blowing.*

dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun *random drum sounds* dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun.

OlympicSharpshooter
The Universal Magnetic

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:21 pm 

So, Crimson River then? I can send it to you if you like. Just IM me on MSN, or give me an email address. I'm on 56k, but the file is only 2 megs.

droneriot
incelgender

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:24 pm 

Yes, that one. I don't use MSN, but my eMail-address is in a button below this post.

OlympicSharpshooter
The Universal Magnetic

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:28 pm 

Actually, your email isn't in your profile Droney. ICQ is, and I can PM you but no email to be found.

droneriot
incelgender

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:30 pm 

Whoopsie, been droning elsewhere...

Now it is. :)

OlympicSharpshooter
The Universal Magnetic

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:29 pm 

Email sent. my addy is rallicknom@gmail.com, in case you need to check your spam or something.

droneriot
incelgender

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:41 pm 

All there, thanks a lot. :)

And what a French sounding name...

OlympicSharpshooter
The Universal Magnetic

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:11 pm 

My father was born in France. I myself, don't speak a lick but I got to keep the anchor around my neck. :p

Warggoath
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:35 am 

Well, worst review I've seen here this far:

This is complete shit, come on, this is noise... - 10%
Written by lord_weballergy on April 27th, 2006 for Black funerals Ordog

Yes, it's complete shit, I'm givin' 10% for the cover art and a part of the song Darbingers of Pestilence.
First of all...This band exists since 1993, they have their name to keep, they are known as the "only american true black metal band".
It seems that they think good music will turn them to a mainstream band, because, after all, these black metal bands care about "being true" and completly unknown.

The album:

The cover art is not very bad, still very crappy but it fits the style.
The production, well, it just isn't there. There is no production on this album. And the drums and guitars were computer made, with some sequencer software. (I know many of them, because I work with it), and they didn't take care to at least find a good software to record it well and make it sound the most realistic possible.
Anyway, the guitar lines are nice in some songs, but the problem is that they repeat over and over again! And the bass is shitty, it just follows the guitar, nothing innovative and different. The drums are complete shit, double bass all over, and crappy software sound. The vocals are not bad, BUT, the guy sings in the same way through the whole cd, and he doesn't try to add any feeling to the song.
These songs were supposed to be hatefull, and they failed. They are noisy as hell, not agressive and boring.

Many people will disagree with me. But hey, just take a look at the NON-production. They didn't even have taken care of doing a nice job for the fans (if there is any one) to have a nice sounding album at their hands. After all, we are PAYING for it (if you download, don't complain). If "shitty-noisy-sounding-songs" mean "true black metal" now...we are in the wrong way.
For example...Belphegor is a kick ass band, and they have a top production work on their albums. Are they "less black metal" than any other band?

I wish I didn't buy this complete piece of garbage, don't bother buying it, because it's just noise. I know black metal and listen to it a lot, but this is shitty.

lord_weballergy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:09 pm 

Hey, thanks ;), but keep reading, because you will find reviews that sucks more than mine.
At least I said the truth. haha

I said what I didn't like, and explained why. What is wrong with it?

OlympicSharpshooter
The Universal Magnetic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:38 pm 

Wrong freakin' thread, take it elsewhere kids.

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:34 am 

And now, for something a bit different. This is a "remarkably bad review" of a somewhat different sort than has been previously posted in the thread. I had saved the text for certain future applications that I suspected it might end up having, and it just now occurred to me that I might post it here in the interest of education.

The review is for Slayer's new effort, Cult.

Quote:
What the Hell is Wrong with All of You? - 85%
written by brocashelm, sometime today.

I recently was fortunate enough to see Slayer perform this song on the Henry Rollins show. Both myself, and the people watching it with me here mightily impressed, pleased that Slayer can still whip up such fury and energy 25 years into their career, not to metion the quality of the song itself. But then I logged on here and noticed the whining, mewling, bitching reviews for this single. This led me to look at the other recent reviews for the band's releases. Now while I can't say I loved every Slayer release, I was amazed at the brazenly insulting attitude so many of you have had towards this band. I find it funny that trashing great bands like this has become a form of sick entertainment for some of you. And I also noticed how the moment one of you decides you don't like something it suddenly becomes MALLCORE, that desiganted non-genre so many of you use to dimishish and marginalize something you don't like. This site is in serious danger of losing it's credibility as a source for objective reviewing by a bunch of whiners and haters with nothing better to do than complain. I love this site for it's incredible informational value, but it's use as a forum is really on the way downhill. I'm not saying you have to love this song or anything else in metal for that matter, but the amount of non-objective, downright illiterate and ill-informed trashings of bands should stop. I mean, do you guys even like this music, or do you just like complaining about it more? Hating great metal like this song is (in my opinion) does not make you cool, elite or smart. It makes you an idiot who would rather bitch than thrash. And that's f**kin' pitiful.

Something of this nature is equally as immature, ill-conceived, and as useless to the site as anything that has been posted in the thread thus far. The lesson, ladies and gentlemen, is that no matter who you are, the above is not a good idea under any circumstances.
The bizarre lattices were all around. Sticks and bits of board nailed together in fantastic array. It should've been ridiculous. Instead it seemed oddly sinister--these inexplicable lattices spread through a wilderness bearing little evidence that man had ever passed through...

Sean16
Moody Tabulator of Torn Hymens

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:25 am 

Huh... Hadn't this guy written fairly decent reviews by the past if I remember well, or am I mistaking him for someone else? He seems to act here like some n00b who'd feel offended because a nasty reviewer bashed his favourite CoF album!

I am the one lost Child, in this mediocrity.

Valerus
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:46 pm 

these are horrible! Keep 'em coming! haha

I have yet to stumble upon a really, really bad review.

I will post it asap, when I do.

Visionary
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:42 am 

Valerus wrote:
these are horrible! Keep 'em coming! haha

I have yet to stumble upon a really, really bad review.

I will post it asap, when I do.

This thread is for the mods to post reviews that don't even get passed the queue. If you do discover a review that you believe does not meet the sites critera then please post it in the oven fodder thread which is one of the other stickies in this sub-forum.
Because they are not considered metal? This is not fare!!!

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:25 pm 

Sean16 wrote:
Huh... Hadn't this guy written fairly decent reviews by the past if I remember well, or am I mistaking him for someone else? He seems to act here like some n00b who'd feel offended because a nasty reviewer bashed his favourite CoF album!

No, that's the same guy. Regardless of his writing, I've always judged him (by his behavior) as something of an infantile twat, but maybe some of the other mods like him.
The bizarre lattices were all around. Sticks and bits of board nailed together in fantastic array. It should've been ridiculous. Instead it seemed oddly sinister--these inexplicable lattices spread through a wilderness bearing little evidence that man had ever passed through...

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:05 pm 

Holy babelfish.

satan speak through leather!!! - 45%

Written by
AgaresWarlord
on August 11th, 2006

since the tipic monotiny in each band underground of black metal, is not taken off of this. it remember me to Burzum when it listens to the CD, I emphasize
"My Ceremony" much but that any other subject, and I am sure that many agreed with me when they listen to it, is that the subject has a very good guitar,
that it makes resound the ears and cause that satan itself furrows the stinked out Earth of ignorant humans! jajaja good, the sound is not the best one,
but it is tipic that in bands back this is like this, but which they become attached at the beginnings serious very pleasant to be listened to another
CD of this band, in a future if they they fix the faults they could to become an important national band, often, the brutality must to take step to the
creativity to be able to bring a good product... i hope they take it into account.

I'd like to furrow the stinked out earth of ignorant humans, too. :lol:

PerpetualDawn
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:31 pm 

That's absolutely outstanding and should definitely be accepted. :lol:

Fungicide
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:24 pm 

Reviews written in Metalengrish should definately be accepted. Eveyone understands the international language of metal. I have decided to celebrate this fact in my sig.
You often say 'I would give, but only to the deserving'. The trees in your orchard say not so, nor the flocks in your field... And he who has deserved to drink from the ocean of life deserves to fill his cup from your little stream.
Kahlil Gibran

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:10 am 

For Quorthon's Purity of Essence:

Quote:
THX - 95%
Written by WargasmCZ on August 19th, 2006

I CAN´T SICK OF THAT SPLENDID MUSIC...
THANK YOU VERY MUCH QUORTHON FOR YOUR GREAT ALBUM...

R.I.P.

droneriot
incelgender

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:24 am 

Abominatrix wrote:
Holy babelfish.

satan speak through leather!!! - 45%

Written by
AgaresWarlord
on August 11th, 2006

since the tipic monotiny in each band underground of black metal, is not taken off of this. it remember me to Burzum when it listens to the CD, I emphasize
"My Ceremony" much but that any other subject, and I am sure that many agreed with me when they listen to it, is that the subject has a very good guitar,
that it makes resound the ears and cause that satan itself furrows the stinked out Earth of ignorant humans! jajaja good, the sound is not the best one,
but it is tipic that in bands back this is like this, but which they become attached at the beginnings serious very pleasant to be listened to another
CD of this band, in a future if they they fix the faults they could to become an important national band, often, the brutality must to take step to the
creativity to be able to bring a good product... i hope they take it into account.

I'd like to furrow the stinked out earth of ignorant humans, too. :lol:

Wow. Just wow.

Earthcubed
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:18 pm 

:lol: More entries to the quote doc. :lol:

FloristOfVampyrism wrote:
That wasn't meant as a k.o. though, he specifically targeted an area of the cerebellum which, if ruptured, renders you a Jehovah's witness indefinitely

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:04 pm 

Here's the sequel to the AgaresWarlord piece above.

For Immortal's At the Heart of Winter:

Quote:
The Snow Is Painted Black - 100%
Written by AgaresWarlord on August 20th, 2006

Excellent, incredible. To my to seem the best work of immortal, guitars very thrashers and a destructive battery to leave deaf person to the Satan itself. The keyboards in At The Heart of Winter give a perfect atmosphere, like that waits for the storm in a dominant silence, the acoustic parts sound and combine perfectly in each pause which they do in the subjects, is very pleasant. The voice grim of sounds very well singing those so good lyrics. It is good for knowing that when the brutality the creativity as opposed to has left of side (I have criticized much to that they forget this in his compositions, like Deicide, Cannibal Corpse or the same bands black underground), so you see prefers heavy, but even so, like black metal, I like to listen to something that of space to the mind and which notices the work of the band, even though one listens to cover, is good for listening to the detail of the band and makes sound so different from this cover that to the others, for that reason I like this cd as much, is a work very dedicated the one that did and them I am very either, used or intelligence very, with changes difficult to find that they do not stop being fast. It is a well-known course change, but not so moved away, the one that has taken here inmortal soon from the "Blizzards Beast", but has not been nothing of bad, inclusively it is thanked for, and much. The good thing of this disc is that it does not bore, as can pass like other discs of black metal, or the same inmortal (diabolical fullmoon mysticism, very bad sound (seems but one demo) and, although the compositions also have a good level, in the long run it bores) I hope the next disc is as good as this, serious one very been thankful.

Earthcubed
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:45 pm 

Holy Christ that was awful. :lol:

That wasn't meant as a k.o. though, he specifically targeted an area of the cerebellum which, if ruptured, renders you a Jehovah's witness indefinitely

CandideCamera
Pour l'encouragement des autres

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:41 am 

Nightgaunt wrote:
Here's the sequel to the AgaresWarlord piece above.

For Immortal's At the Heart of Winter:

Quote:
The Snow Is Painted Black - 100%
Written by AgaresWarlord on August 20th, 2006

Excellent, incredible. To my to seem the best work of immortal, guitars very thrashers and a destructive battery to leave deaf person to the Satan itself. The keyboards in At The Heart of Winter give a perfect atmosphere, like that waits for the storm in a dominant silence, the acoustic parts sound and combine perfectly in each pause which they do in the subjects, is very pleasant. The voice grim of sounds very well singing those so good lyrics. It is good for knowing that when the brutality the creativity as opposed to has left of side (I have criticized much to that they forget this in his compositions, like Deicide, Cannibal Corpse or the same bands black underground), so you see prefers heavy, but even so, like black metal, I like to listen to something that of space to the mind and which notices the work of the band, even though one listens to cover, is good for listening to the detail of the band and makes sound so different from this cover that to the others, for that reason I like this cd as much, is a work very dedicated the one that did and them I am very either, used or intelligence very, with changes difficult to find that they do not stop being fast. It is a well-known course change, but not so moved away, the one that has taken here inmortal soon from the "Blizzards Beast", but has not been nothing of bad, inclusively it is thanked for, and much. The good thing of this disc is that it does not bore, as can pass like other discs of black metal, or the same inmortal (diabolical fullmoon mysticism, very bad sound (seems but one demo) and, although the compositions also have a good level, in the long run it bores) I hope the next disc is as good as this, serious one very been thankful.

By the gods I hope you were nice and caustic in your custom rejection notice. I just skimmed through it after taking notice of the rating, and safe to say I'm pretty irked by that.

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:41 pm 

For Cradle of Filth's Cruelty and the Beast:

Quote:
TRUE BLACK GOTHIC METAL!!!!! - 100%
Written by Xort777 on August 27th, 2006

One of my favorite bands is cradle of filth, and this is their best album.. true black gothic metal... excelent kit drums ,excelent keyboards by lecter
and excelent vocals from dany .This album really kick ass.. good ambient of darkness with the strings.. and a touch of rawness with the drums... and the female voice.. sarah makes it more gothic... My favorite songs of this album:
-Cruelty Brought Thee Orchids (Awesome)
-Beneath the Howling Stars
-Bathory Aria ( really good, melodic goth.. symphonic!!)

Earthcubed
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:03 pm 

That's not even funny so much as it is sad.

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:54 pm 

Various In Flames reviews from this stain upon a stain:

Whoracle:

Quote:
wut the! - 100%
Written by bee666 on August 29th, 2006

wut the hell why is this album rate is so low! below avrg even ! this album one of the strongest inflames album in thier career from track one to the last track u can lsn to it non stop reapeating

1. Jotun : THIS SONG IS ONE OF INFLAMES BEST SONGS THE GUITAR IS FUCKIN KRAYZIE I LOVE IT
2. Food for the Gods: ONE OF THIER BEST SONGS THE VOCALS THE GUITAR IS SHIT
3. Gyroscope: NICE LYRICS MELODIC RIFFS NICE SOLO KICKS ASS
4. Dialogue With the Stars : VERY NICE
5. The Hive : NOT BAD
6. Jester Script Transfigure
7. Morphing Into Primal THIS SONG IS FUCKIN GOOD
8. Worlds Within the Margin CANT SAY NO
9. Episode 666 03:43 ONE OF THIER BEST SONGS
10. Everything Counts (Depeche Mode cover) 03:17 [view lyrics]
11. Whoracle

Come Clarity:

Quote:
ppl - 96%

ppl say inflames changed inflames changed this is a pussy album well fuck u lsn to it carefully prodouce somethin u fuckers and then diss inflames this album got a nice melodic riffs i dont see anythin wrong with it maybe its the weakst inflames album but still its not bad at all these guys are legends u cant fuckin diss em its a fuckin nice albums if u lsn to it carefully the only thing is that there is no grouch and this is the suckeist thing thats why it doesnt sound death but the guitar is fuckin awsome in the songs and it has alot of meaning so buy or die lsn or rott inflames for life fuckers

The Jester Race

Quote:
Buy Or die - 98%

1. Moonshield : this song is one of the best in the album its a nice song to begin with the cd
2. The Jester's Dance: asttument its awsome
3. Artifacts of the Black Rain: if u wanna jump and bang ur head lsn to this
4. Graveland two thumbs up
8. December Flower: My fav song in this album lyrics is tight

Cloud Connected:

Quote:
:) - 100%

Single yea best single ever wut do u want more see it live and u will know wut i mean lsn to it carefully

Soundtrack to Your Escape:

Quote:
perfect - 100%

:)

Clayman:

Quote:
why is it low!! - 99%

why is it this low ! look at the tracks u got only for the weak that is enough for this album ! this track u will not get bored of because of the style and guitar playin the mellodic in it and when u see it live u will bang ur head forever ,, u got bullet ride ,, clayman ,, PINBALL MAP is fuckin amazin , sataleite and astronauts , brush the dust away the drums is fuckin amazin ,, world of promisses ,square nothing ,, fuckin awsome cd

Lunar Strain:

Quote:
WOW - 100%

This Is a Classic Melodic death metal Gods of melodic inflames all the tracks sounds nice and the riffs when it goes acoustic is the shit!

Subterranean:

Quote:
Awsome - 99%

A Few Tracks BUT STRONG TRACKS WILL BLOW UR MIND OUTA UR BRAINS ESPACILLY STAND ABLAZE THIS SONG I KEPT HEARING IT FOR 4 YEARS AND I CANT EVER STOP HEARING IT AGAIN AND AGAIN BIOSPHERE IS JUST WOW IT LOOKS LIKE EASTREN MELODIC RYTHEM IN THE BEGGING AND THEN SUDDENLY GOES TO ANOTHER DEATH RIFF AND BE4 IT ENDS IT BEGINS LIKE THE BEGGING .. TIMLESS IS ONE OF MY FAV ACOUSTIC .. EVERDYING

Colony:

Quote:
LSN - 97%

LSN TO THESE TRACKS >>> COLONY > BEHIND SPACE

The Tokyo Showdown:

Quote:
BEST LIVE - 100%

CANT say Nothing Accept this is the fuckin best songs live u will ever hear in ur life best live cd in history better than the studio ,, buy or die in flames for life

Reroute to Remain:

Quote:
Inflames - 99%

this is a good cd there are tracks really will take ur mind

~Guest 76452
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:30 pm 

By the gods, that's... unbelievable. I'm at a loss for words. I hope he's rendered into a condition where he cannot review ever again. I'm just... speechless...

Earthcubed
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:35 pm 

:lol:

OlympicSharpshooter
The Universal Magnetic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:39 am 

The Subterranean one made me wince extra hard-like.

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:20 am 

It's reviews like the one for Come Clarity that really burn my ass. I see a lot of them written with far, far, far more literary substance/talent, but that pathetic, childish attitude so often remains unchanged, no matter how adept the writer.

Bash
Talking Meat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:59 am 

Those can't be real.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 71  Next