Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:09 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
Wilytank should write some too! He's a Warhammer fan.

On a side note, why is Vol. 3 after Vol. 4?

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:47 pm 

Progtronic wrote:
Zodijackyl wrote:
OK, I reviewed three requests from here and they all sucked, but compared to Progtronic the other two weren't that bad.

"If a semen stain were a shotgun blast on sheet music, this is what it would look and sound like. In fact, that's probably how this was conceived."

Best.. Review.. Ever..

Seriously though.. thanks for taking the time to actually listen, and write that up.

Thanks for taking it so well. :P

oneyoudontknow
Cum insantientibus furere necesse est.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:52 pm 

Wilytank wrote:
Metantoine wrote:
Wilytank should write some too! He's a Warhammer fan.

On a side note, why is Vol. 3 after Vol. 4?

Warhammer Songs Vol. 4 Full-length 2012 => no date (month) added
Warhammer Songs Vol.3 Full-length 2012 => date with month added

=> result: 4 > 3 because the software interprets the months as 2012-01-01, which is earlier than the date added for 3.

My website which contains reviews as well as interviews:
https://adsol.oneyoudontknow.com
My podcast:
https://adsolmag.bandcamp.com/

mike40k
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:45 pm 

Anyone fancy giving the newest Paths demo a review? http://pathsmetal.bandcamp.com/album/diminished

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:11 pm 

mike40k wrote:
Anyone fancy giving the newest Paths demo a review? http://pathsmetal.bandcamp.com/album/diminished

I enjoyed the last one, I'll give this one a few listens and review it when it sinks in.

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:27 pm 

Been meaning to review the previous Paths release, too. Your stuff is awesome, I'll get around to it.

mike40k
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:35 pm 

Thanks guys!

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:38 pm 

"Psychedelic black metal" is such an intriguing concept on paper but most bands that play something that could be described as such tend to annoy me in some regard or other. The Paths stuff is really cool though - other than some production issues that sometimes hold it back a little, it's some of the most organic, natural, *right* sounding psychedelic black metal I've heard. Maybe someday when I get back into reviewing I'll give it a whirl, too.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

TheOutcast
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:22 am 

ATTN Zodijackyl: Thanks for the honest review of the Armus demo (seriously). Would you (or anyone else) be interested in reviewing some stuff from a couple of black metal projects from my area? All the releases are uploaded to Youtube.

FINGER OF SCORN - S/T: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIffIf3zAYjwBopE1MxOGN4Y0BBML1WXy
FINGER OF SCORN - Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD786E4B5368B03C8
FINGER OF SCORN - A Dawn That Never Comes: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... ACBmFVhP08
CONSUMPTION - To Dwell in the Light of Misery: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwoF1KWEJ1c

Last edited by TheOutcast on Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
mike40k
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:24 pm 

iamntbatman wrote:
"Psychedelic black metal" is such an intriguing concept on paper but most bands that play something that could be described as such tend to annoy me in some regard or other. The Paths stuff is really cool though - other than some production issues that sometimes hold it back a little, it's some of the most organic, natural, *right* sounding psychedelic black metal I've heard. Maybe someday when I get back into reviewing I'll give it a whirl, too.

Wow, thanks!

I definitely hear you on the production side of things. It never ends up sounding as good as I'd like it too. Hopefully I can save up and get some better gear once I get a new job. And I also need to take more time to study up on mixing and mastering.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:09 pm 

I'd like it if autothrall reviewed Everblack by The Black Dahlia Murder. I've seen comments in various reviews of his that just shit all over the band, calling them hacks, rip offs of better bands, and generally getting the gist that he hates them on the same level he hates Killswitch Engage. That's all fine and well, but he's never reviewed any albums by them, and I'd love to see what he thinks of their new one.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:31 pm 

batmensch to review Innsmouth's Consumed by Elder Sign. This sole 45% is an eyesore.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:36 am 

iamntbatman wrote:
If anyone wants to write up a review for my Coma Void album, that would be dead sexy. Send me a PM and I can send you a promo code to download it.

No takers? :aww:

There was vague talk somewhere about some new style of review challenge type of dealio where a few people involved would listen to an album for a couple weeks, review it, then vote on which review of it was best, then the winner'd get to pick the next album in the sequence. Rumor had it that the new Innsmouth might actually be the one to kick this thing off, in which case I'd be reviewing it as part of that challenge. If that falls through for whatever reason, I might have a whack at it, though. That guy just doesn't get it, man!

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:48 am 

That sounds like a pretty cool idea, honestly! I'd be down to participate in something like that, though maybe not for something like Innsmouth where my lack of total mouth-agape salivation would get me pelted to death with rocks.

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:24 am 

I'm always a fan of review challenges, and I enjoyed it when we did the Bolt Thrower and Saint Vitus ones a few years back, it was entertaining to try and force a little bit more colour and vibrancy into my writing. Innsmouth isn't one I could see myself having all that much to say about, but I'd still have fun.

oneyoudontknow
Cum insantientibus furere necesse est.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:09 am 

lord_ghengis wrote:
I'm always a fan of review challenges, and I enjoyed it when we did the Bolt Thrower and Saint Vitus ones a few years back, it was entertaining to try and force a little bit more colour and vibrancy into my writing. Innsmouth isn't one I could see myself having all that much to say about, but I'd still have fun.

There are a lot of bands that could be used for such a challenge. Scythe for instance.

My website which contains reviews as well as interviews:
https://adsol.oneyoudontknow.com
My podcast:
https://adsolmag.bandcamp.com/

TheMirroringShadow
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:50 am 

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Void/3540361947
http://void-deathmetal.bandcamp.com/

Anyone here wanna give these guys a shot? Pretty new and young band, around their twenties at most I think. Expect "modern" death metal with some progressive touches and a few breakdowns here and there, nothing too overbearing. I don't have any personal affiliation with this band but still would be cool to get someone completely unaware of them to review their work.

Lord_Brendan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:29 am 

iamntbatman wrote:
iamntbatman wrote:
If anyone wants to write up a review for my Coma Void album, that would be dead sexy. Send me a PM and I can send you a promo code to download it.

No takers? :aww:

There was vague talk somewhere about some new style of review challenge type of dealio where a few people involved would listen to an album for a couple weeks, review it, then vote on which review of it was best, then the winner'd get to pick the next album in the sequence. Rumor had it that the new Innsmouth might actually be the one to kick this thing off, in which case I'd be reviewing it as part of that challenge. If that falls through for whatever reason, I might have a whack at it, though. That guy just doesn't get it, man!

I'll give it a shot, though I am a newbie reviewer
Hmm, I actually wouldn't mind buying him a sauna if it would reduce the odds of me getting infected by his excess sensitive-skin flakes that get blown off in the wind. I don't want to turn into a cunt.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:10 am 

Fine by me. No need for a download code as it's the beginning of the month again and I have loads of download credits, so just go to the bandcamp page and download it for free if you're so inclined. Thanks!

Lord_Brendan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:11 pm 

iamntbatman wrote:
Fine by me. No need for a download code as it's the beginning of the month again and I have loads of download credits, so just go to the bandcamp page and download it for free if you're so inclined. Thanks!

Ok I have listened to this album once. FUCKING INTERESTING! I will have a few listens over the next week and get back to you
Hmm, I actually wouldn't mind buying him a sauna if it would reduce the odds of me getting infected by his excess sensitive-skin flakes that get blown off in the wind. I don't want to turn into a cunt.

Vintersorrow
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:09 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Da ... rna/134567

Saw the recently added review for "Nocturnal March". Then it hit me ...

No reviews for Hora Nocturna needs to change asap. Completely overlooked masterpiece.

mjollnir
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:16 pm 

Vintersorrow wrote:
Spoiler: show

No reviews for Hora Nocturna needs to change asap. Completely overlooked masterpiece.

That's one that I plan on doing. They are kick ass! Anyone else wanna go for it, the more the merrier.

Like your reviews?

Gremror
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:48 am 

Anyone interested in reviewing the new Pestifer, Reaching the Void?

Burnyoursins
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:13 am 

Well, it hasn't been answered the last 3 times I attempted it, but it is absolutely criminal that Hateform's newest album has been out since last April, and it doesn't even have ONE fucking review yet.
So I'm just gonna put this here, and let you beautiful people decide whether it's worth snagging, and reviewing. I would love to hear what people have to say. (Specifically Autothrall.. and maybe hells_unicorn):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4wWCRQsx50

The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
SleightOfVickonomy wrote:
...no one still knows what it's supposed to be about.

Well, I reckon there's a pretty good chance it'll be about gory tits.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:31 pm 

Here's a sadly overlooked gem that could use a couple of additional reviews: http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Ha ... tal/213978

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:33 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol: fuck

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:41 pm 

Gremror wrote:

You do know it isn't even out?! :scratch:

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:20 pm 

With all the hype about Impetuous Ritual's new album, I went back and looked at the first album's reviews to find that there was only one on here. I'm going to be writing one up to give it some company. Anyone want to accompany me?

mjollnir
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:33 pm 

Wilytank wrote:
With all the hype about Impetuous Ritual's new album, I went back and looked at the first album's reviews to find that there was only one on here. I'm going to be writing one up to give it some company. Anyone want to accompany me?

Just snagged that bad boy up and will give it a listen now.

Like your reviews?

sushiman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:46 pm 

mjollnir wrote:
Wilytank wrote:

Just snagged that bad boy up and will give it a listen now.

Hope you enjoy it. Have had a copy of that record for years but never written a review... might try and do one some time, it does need some more coverage on here.

mjollnir
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:54 pm 

sushiman wrote:
Hope you enjoy it. Have had a copy of that record for years but never written a review... might try and do one some time, it does need some more coverage on here.

It's....different. I might need some time with this one. lol

Like your reviews?

sushiman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:27 pm 

mjollnir wrote:
sushiman wrote:

It's....different. I might need some time with this one. lol

It rewards immersion. I don't have any time for Portal, who they often get associated with, but coming at it as a fan of stuff like Teitanblood, Embrace of Thorns, Black Witchery and Archgoat I got a lot out of it. Especially since it has that raw, clamouring aspect like Adversarial, who I subsequently got way into. For my money Impetuous Ritual do their "ritual" vibe very well, but yes, you might need repeat listens in solitude and darkness before it really starts talking to you ;)

This is making me want to do a review now.

Gremror
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:59 am 

androdion wrote:
Gremror wrote:

You do know it isn't even out?! :scratch:

Well, anyone who wants to review can write to info(at)pestifer.be
The album will be on sale the 15th april. But it's already available for reviews.

tolerancezero666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:11 am 

Hi,
If you're into bands who mix black metal and punk/oi send me a private message!

blaksatin12
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:13 am 

Would anyone like to review Výnterache? Ambient/Atmospheric Black Metal

Here is the bandcamp link
http://vynterache.bandcamp.com/

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:31 pm 

sushiman wrote:
It rewards immersion. I don't have any time for Portal, who they often get associated with, but coming at it as a fan of stuff like Teitanblood, Embrace of Thorns, Black Witchery and Archgoat I got a lot out of it. Especially since it has that raw, clamouring aspect like Adversarial, who I subsequently got way into. For my money Impetuous Ritual do their "ritual" vibe very well, but yes, you might need repeat listens in solitude and darkness before it really starts talking to you ;)

This is making me want to do a review now.

I'm typing up my final draft for it now. Let's do this, man!

doktersatan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:08 am 

Hi guys!

I'm requesting a review for this deathmetal band/demo I drummed in. We recorded and mixed it ourselves, the syle is pretty simplistic and raw.

the demoalbum is released (free)digital and on tape.
http://deathlord.bandcamp.com/

our metal archives page:
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Dea ... 3540378959

our facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/deathlordband

Also, not really important but whoever added us entered the wrong gender for M.

Cheers!

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:06 am 

Vintersorrow wrote:

100% agreed... "...To Necromancy" is one the songs that immediately pop into my head when thinking of a favorite songs of all time list, and that whole release is so killer. My favorite album by them for sure even with the inhumanly insane drumming on their latest release. Currently I have a bunch of reviews that have been stuck in que for awhile, I must have pissed someone off, I'm good at that :boo:

EDIT:
Quote:
I'd like it if autothrall reviewed Everblack by The Black Dahlia Murder. I've seen comments in various reviews of his that just shit all over the band, calling them hacks, rip offs of better bands, and generally getting the gist that he hates them on the same level he hates Killswitch Engage. That's all fine and well, but he's never reviewed any albums by them, and I'd love to see what he thinks of their new one.

That's funny and I would also like to see that from autothrall, but he probably doesn't want to waste his time listening to stuff he knows he hates with a passion. I also hear the current BDM Carcass show is emptying out after BDM plays which is just sad. Not that Carcass' new album got more than a couple plays from me I'd still love to see them live. "no respect I tell ya"

Last edited by Sick6Six on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:07 am 

"M." has been corrected to be female now.

I do love this description of the role in the band from your facebook page:

R. - Sitting on a pile of corpses atop an ancient mountain covered with skulls bleeding from their eyesockets, and bass.

Although the first part is great, it's the "and bass" that really makes it even better.

sushiman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:37 am 

theunrelentingattack wrote:
R. - Sitting on a pile of corpses atop an ancient mountain covered with skulls bleeding from their eyesockets, and bass.

Although the first part is great, it's the "and bass" that really makes it even better.

Nice. That alone makes me want to hear and maybe review this lot.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 78  Next