Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:31 am 

Just mention the website, it's OK. Adding a link to your profile is also a good way to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Zephirus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:31 am 

how do i get in touch with the review moderators?
my review was rejected because 'you submitted your review twice'

this is because when I clicked the submit button it went to a blank white page with errors. no message or sign that it had been accepted, so I clicked submit again

accidental. the review was for dorwning the light - an alignment of dead stars

these are the errors i get at the top of the page. it was the same when i entered the review. i always get the errors on the forum page as shown below, any idea what this is? thanks

Last edited by Zephirus on Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:00 am 

I don't see your review in the queue, so it must've gotten swallowed. The admins are on vacation until this weekend, so you'll have to wait for an answer until then for a definitive answer.

Have you tried resubmitting the review since?

Zephirus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:04 am 

i've just checked the add/edit review section and it still seems to be there.

maybe when i first clicked it accepted this and when i didnt see any sign of acceptance and clicked again it automatically rejected the second instance.

i'll wait and see, thanks :)

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:13 am 

All right, there it is in the queue. I've accepted it.

PROBLEM SOLVED

Zephirus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:19 am 

failsafeman wrote:
All right, there it is in the queue. I've accepted it.

PROBLEM SOLVED

super, thanks.

regards the page errors I get on the forum main page, have you seen that before?

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:39 am 

No, actually. Gonna have to wait until the admins are back to hear about that one, though.

jambo1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:51 am 

just to add to this i get this problem too.

demigod93
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:17 pm 

Just submitted my first couple of reviews last night, does anyone know how long it takes (on average) for them to be accepted?

kingnuuuur
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:30 pm 

demigod93 wrote:
Just submitted my first couple of reviews last night, does anyone know how long it takes (on average) for them to be accepted?

My first got accepted on the same day and my 2nd has yet to be accepted after almost a week.
Could be the shittiness of the first that turned people off. :lol:

~Guest 193166
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:15 pm 

demigod93 wrote:

It's mostly a "it will get done when it gets done" sort of thing. There is no set time limit for review evaluation or set number of moderators browsing the review queue on any given day. Most of them are within at least 2 weeks (if not less than) from what I know but as I said there is no set time. If you want to see if your review is still in the queue, just go to the review page for the release you submitted and if it's still there and editable, then it's still in the queue. Also, I'd like to point out that submission time usually doesn't affect the overall evaluation time, as they're (as far as I know) evaluated randomly, in no particular order.

Em_
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:13 am 

OzzyApu wrote:
eztr wrote:
From the review submission page:
Quote:
Make sure you use two enter strokes between the paragraphs,

Anyone want to clarify that for me plox?

To me this means that when you want to make a new paragraph, hit enter once at the end of the sentence to bring it down one line. After this, hit enter again to bring it down another to bring it to the line you'll be starting your next paragraph with.

Notice: one empty line as opposed to two key strokes

Aw, feck, because I read that as meaning two strokes ("//"). Confusing terminology.

I would think that to describe one blank line as "one blank line" would be clearer than to ask for two "strokes."

...just a suggestion...

MaDTransilvanian
Caravan Beyond Redemption

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:49 pm 

Quick question concerning splits. If I'm reviewing a split album which has one band on the Archives and one band not on the Archives, should the review be of the entire split or just the portion taken up by the band on the Archives?

Zoldaten_ov_Zatan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:52 pm 

You can do it either way.

jeanshack
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:50 pm 

My review for the record Morningrise was rejected and the reason mentioned was that I did not follow the guidelines, I could think of only two reasons
> i had given the same review on my wordpress blog, following URL - http://madrants.wordpress.com/2010/04/2 ... -immortal/
&
> Possibly not enough content to form a review.

It would be great if any moderator can tell me what is off the mark here?
Thanks a ton!

EntilZha
Retired

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:59 pm 

It's an NWOBHM-inspired mixture of black metal and progressive death metal which is more melodic than "Orchid". That's it in terms of content.

jeanshack
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:43 pm 

OK! Understood!

gazeovice
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:58 pm 

My review for Cannibal Corpse's Bloodlust was approved, yet it was rejected later, I'm curious as to why as it was correctly punctuated, and it was a perfect score. My email also doesn't get approval or rejection emails either, for some reason they just don't reach it, thanks for your time everyone.

Snowgrave
Under The Plaintive Sky

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:08 pm 

gazeovice wrote:
My review for Cannibal Corpse's Bloodlust was approved, yet it was rejected later, I'm curious as to why as it was correctly punctuated, and it was a perfect score. My email also doesn't get approval or rejection emails either, for some reason they just don't reach it, thanks for your time everyone.

Probably because Cannibal Corpse never released an album called Bloodlust. Check out the last few posts in the Oven Fodder thread here.

gazeovice
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:11 pm 

Snowgrave wrote:
gazeovice wrote:

Probably because Cannibal Corpse never released an album called Bloodlust. Check out the last few posts in the Oven Fodder thread here.

Ok I read the posts, thanks I will resubmit after the corrections, thank you

john_neg
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:26 am 

Here's the review written for the band The Howling Void
http://metal-archives.com/release.php?id=265541

It's titled "Solitude is possibly the worst label ever"
and contains phrases like "the idiots at Solitude Productions" etc.

It looks like a Sabotage review and violate the rule
3) Intelligence and decency

No problem that reviewer don't like the music but I think it's bad when he tell such words about the label

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:41 am 

Reviewers are not obliged to cuddle anyone, as long as they give reasons for saying what they are saying.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

mentalendoscopy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:15 am 

Please correct me if this is the wrong thread, but how, exactly, do I get the URL to pages which contain reviews, etc.? I've looked all over the site for information on how to do this but have come up with nothing.

Ice_As_Steel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:11 am 

Go to the author's profile, then go to their listed reviews, then you can open the reviews in new tabs and the URL bar will have the URL to go directly to that review.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:43 pm 

horrorinfinity
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:12 am 

i posted a review for spectral silence "ruins..." demo and it was rejected two times. could someone tell me why? i have to know what was the reason for that? would be nice if somebody answer my question this time because i was often ignored for unknown reason.thanx

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:33 am 

Post the review in the review feedback thread so we can take a look at it.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:10 am 

Just a quick question about formatting on the review. I normally write my reviews on MS Word and then copy-paste them to the site. I haven't got any problems so far with the reviews, but the last ones I submitted were all rejected based on formatting/typos/etc. I recently changed my paragraph formatting style in MS Word, could it be that it affected the actual formatting on the site after doing the copy-paste?

I turned back to the original style, and also added some paragraphs to make it less "wall-like", but I was just wondering if the formatting was the main problem.

MacMoney
Man of the Cloth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:39 am 

androdion wrote:
Just a quick question about formatting on the review. I normally write my reviews on MS Word and then copy-paste them to the site. I haven't got any problems so far with the reviews, but the last ones I submitted were all rejected based on formatting/typos/etc. I recently changed my paragraph formatting style in MS Word, could it be that it affected the actual formatting on the site after doing the copy-paste?

I turned back to the original style, and also added some paragraphs to make it less "wall-like", but I was just wondering if the formatting was the main problem.

Fire up Notepad and write your reviews with that. You don't need anything more sophisticated than that to write reviews for MA. Or if you still insist on using MS Word, copypaste your review through Notepad before putting it forward to MA. Though to tell you the truth, I think one should be able to tell from the reviews submission-window whether it looks correct or not.

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:51 am 

john_neg wrote:
Here's the review written for the band The Howling Void
http://metal-archives.com/release.php?id=265541

It's titled "Solitude is possibly the worst label ever"
and contains phrases like "the idiots at Solitude Productions" etc.

It looks like a Sabotage review and violate the rule
3) Intelligence and decency

No problem that reviewer don't like the music but I think it's bad when he tell such words about the label

I'm honoured! :D

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

soul_schizm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:28 pm 

I think it's worth noting again that if an album has 15 or 20 reviews, the chances that you are offering something new is pretty slim.

Sure, I could add another 95-100% review of Abigail, but what would be the point? Most of us love that album, it's already been said. If you can think of good reasons to trash it, by all means have at it. But that's pretty unlikely.

I'd rather see some of the lesser known releases get reviewed, so people can know at least one person's take on it. That helps us all discover new bands.

Just my 2 cents.

Svartekrist
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:18 pm 

Okay, this says "frequently asked questions" so I will assume it is okay of me to ask this here but if not, I am sorry.

How long does it usually take before a review is either approved or rejected?

popsi_netn
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:45 am 

Hey, hi!

I want to review some albums here.
I'm a French-Canadian [(La Tuque, Québec, bitches!)], saying I'm a French-language speaking dude, English is only my second spoken language, learning it in school.

I can speak English, and yes, I can write English. But here's the problem: in a 3-400 words english review of an album, I'll probably exceed the grammaticlly errors the website's moderator would tolerate.

Is there a way to review albums without being scrapped because of my poor English mastering or am I doomed for only learning english from songs lyrics and college (I'm tricking here, I went to secondaire, not "college") teachers?

Thanks for the response !

[Edit: (ps. I don't review anything yet, nor do I got a rejected album's critic, I was asking before I do anything on the website. (I'm lazy and I don't want to do something for nothing))]

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:31 am 

You could write your review and then ask a friend who's fluent in English (or even someone here on this forum) to proofread it for you.

Kommandojonna
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:44 am 

failsafeman wrote:
If your review was rejected, it was most probably because of one of these reasons:
6. Factual errors
In case people were wondering, reviews are rarely rejected based on factual errors. We fully support reviewers' rights to their own opinions, as long as those opinions are expressed in an intelligent way, and it takes some really blatant mistakes to get a review rejected (calling Iron Maiden black metal, for example). Now, most of the time reviews with these kinds of errors are also lacking in other respects, so they're almost never the sole basis for rejection.

I wonder why Midnyte13's review for Amorphis Privilege of Evil was ever accepted since she claims that the EP contains re-recorded material although Privilege of Evil was recorded before The Karelian Isthmus. :roll:

MacMoney
Man of the Cloth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:05 am 

Fixed.

sublime_wreckage
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:26 pm 

updated a review of mine for Mgla (compilation cd) Mdlosci + Further Down the Nest... the thing is I saved it as a Draft at first. Then later that day I submitted it to the queue, or so I thought. Its been since a couple weeks (longest I've ever had to wait)... so I decided to check my profile and under the "all reviews" page it shows the status of the review as "Draft". I'm just wondering if its in fact still in the submission queue or did it never make it?

Anyway, I figured I'd ask here before simply trying to submit it again in case it was already in the queue---didn't want a duplicate obviously. Thanks for any help.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:30 pm 

As far as I know if it's saved as a draft it hasn't been submitted to the queue.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:04 pm 

Draft = unsubmitted, yes. I wouldn't worry about duplicates, if your review's already in the queue it will show up as "pending" under "My reviews".

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

DaveMadThrasher
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:03 am 

I uploaded my review for the german thrash band Pripjat two weeks ago... it follows all the standards... why is it still "pending"?

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next