Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Sweetie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 10:11 am 

Maybe not but the overall feel of the songs really isn't much different.

gasmask_colostomy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 12:51 am 

SweetLeaf95 wrote:
Maybe not but the overall feel of the songs really isn't much different.

I feel a LOT different when I listen to Diamonds though. I’m more in with BastardHead’s take and feel they’ve abandoned what originally made them good. I’m not excited by Zenith at all.

CHAIRTHROWER
Methed-burnt rogue babelfish

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 12:23 pm 

Fuck yeah! A new Duel album taking kooky, "Haus of Mille Cadavres" pyscho-kinetyk flight soon, soon, soon!

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/D ... ows/770379

Quick, hand over the nearest chaise!

Sweetie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 12:55 pm 

Hue props to Metalmegalomani for that Idle Hands write-up, Hell's_Unicorn for that Possessed one, and Felix 1666 for the WASP one. I agree with pretty much everything written (save for some points here and there) and these made for some great lunchtime reads!

hells_unicorn
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 1:26 pm 

SweetLeaf95 wrote:
Hue props to Metalmegalomani for that Idle Hands write-up, Hell's_Unicorn for that Possessed one, and Felix 1666 for the WASP one. I agree with pretty much everything written (save for some points here and there) and these made for some great lunchtime reads!

Much obliged bro, the new Possessed album is flirting with the Top 3 of my eventual Metal Observer Top 30 of 2019, they really came back with a vengeance. :hail:
Ominous Glory Facebook

My reviews.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio (July 14, 1942 - May 16, 2010)

Felix 1666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 1:32 pm 

SweetLeaf95, enjoy your meal!

CannibalCorpse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 4:36 pm 

Mr. Unicorn, are you SURE that there's real drumming on "Rapid Foray"? I remember another cheapo-typewriter-ride amidst the (this time a little less) botched production.

I know Rolf wants us to believe there are three different drummers on there. Like on Devin Townsend's new record. Haha.

I need to check that "Rapid Foray" album again this weekend.

Adder's Fork - These Mountains Cast Great Shadows - NEW!
Adder's Fork + Dea Artio/In Dornen/Winter's Breath - A Gathering of Four - Split - NEW!
Adder's Fork - Website
Reviewer for Antichrist Magazine

hells_unicorn
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 6:03 pm 

CannibalCorpse wrote:
Mr. Unicorn, are you SURE that there's real drumming on "Rapid Foray"? I remember another cheapo-typewriter-ride amidst the (this time a little less) botched production.

I know Rolf wants us to believe there are three different drummers on there. Like on Devin Townsend's new record. Haha.

I need to check that "Rapid Foray" album again this weekend.

lol The guy credited on the album is a real drummer that has also done work for Victory and Herman Frank recently, so I'd put more stock in it being a real drummer this time, though it is possible that he simply agreed to be credited without actually playing. Having said that, you may have thought it was another drum machine because the drums are pretty heavily triggered, but based on my own experience working in the recording studio with both a live drummer and also mapping drums using more expensive software like Superior Drummer 3, I'd say that bare minimum they recorded real cymbals, the decay rate is too random for it to be a machine. I'm sure that in post-production that Rolf probably loaded up the snare and tom tracks with samples to beef them up, which results in a sound comparable to a machine if you don't randomize the velocity on each strike, and I'm pretty confident that the kick drum was likely done using a digital pad with a sampled kick. This is all guess work on my part, but I have developed a fairly good ear for spotting machines vs. real drummers, though after post-production it can get a bit dicey if a lot of samples are added on.

To be honest, I generally don't mind programmed drums and I'm not as turned off by Running Wild's 2000s albums as everybody else is, so it's very possible that you may come away still disliking Rapid Foray after hearing it again.
Ominous Glory Facebook

My reviews.

nuklearkrieg
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 7:22 pm 

I don’t really understand how people claim Judas Iscariot is bland and generic. The first four albums are absolutely untouchable.

CannibalCorpse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 3:04 pm 

hells_unicorn wrote:

lol The guy credited on the album is a real drummer that has also done work for Victory and Herman Frank recently, so I'd put more stock in it being a real drummer this time, though it is possible that he simply agreed to be credited without actually playing.

Thanks for the additional info. I'm currently listening to the album again, trying to find the truth ^^

Quote:
Having said that, you may have thought it was another drum machine because the drums are pretty heavily triggered, but based on my own experience working in the recording studio with both a live drummer and also mapping drums using more expensive software like Superior Drummer 3, I'd say that bare minimum they recorded real cymbals, the decay rate is too random for it to be a machine. I'm sure that in post-production that Rolf probably loaded up the snare and tom tracks with samples to beef them up, which results in a sound comparable to a machine if you don't randomize the velocity on each strike, and I'm pretty confident that the kick drum was likely done using a digital pad with a sampled kick. This is all guess work on my part, but I have developed a fairly good ear for spotting machines vs. real drummers, though after post-production it can get a bit dicey if a lot of samples are added on.

Yeah, I suppose you're right, the triggering is highly obvious. The snare sound is by far the worst part of it all, though. The cymbals are quiet and powerless too, but the failed attempt at recreating an 80s gated-reverb type of snare is the worst affront to my ears. Still, it sounds more human than expected. Don't get me wrong though, I don't really mind programmed drums when they are done well and I'm trying to get them to sound as real and fine as possible in my own music, but it's the mix that hurts Running Wild's later albums so bad....it's almost as if Rolf WANTED to shine a light onto the worst aspects of his band's modern-day incarnation (the thin rhythm guitars, repetitive drumming and his waning vocal abilities).

Quote:
To be honest, I generally don't mind programmed drums and I'm not as turned off by Running Wild's 2000s albums as everybody else is, so it's very possible that you may come away still disliking Rapid Foray after hearing it again.

I'm disliking this thing because it adds (almost) nothing to the band's catalogue. There's a lot of lackluster and/or previously used ideas and sometimes it feels like Rolf's screaming at me "look at how irrelevant I've become!". It's a little disheartening.

"Black Bart" is a fine enough classic scorcher, I guess. A few lead guitars are worth a few cents as well and "Hellectrified" reminds me a little of some of their above-average rockers from the early 90s. The attempt at recreating "Treasure Island" with the closer is honorable enough, but the result is - ultimately - just far, far away from the original's greatness.

By the end of this post, I'm through with the album (to be honest, with a few non-immediate skips) and I don't think I'll come back to it anytime soon. It's just not worth the time for me.

Adder's Fork - These Mountains Cast Great Shadows - NEW!
Adder's Fork + Dea Artio/In Dornen/Winter's Breath - A Gathering of Four - Split - NEW!
Adder's Fork - Website
Reviewer for Antichrist Magazine

Sweetie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 1:03 pm 

Felix.... now you've upset me.

hells_unicorn
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 1:38 pm 

SweetLeaf95 wrote:

lol Can't say I agree with his assessment of Still Not Black Enough either. I may have to put my 2 cents in on that album at some point soon, but likely after the upcoming challenge.
Ominous Glory Facebook

My reviews.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 5:26 pm 

hells_unicorn wrote:
SweetLeaf95 wrote:

lol Can't say I agree with his assessment of Still Not Black Enough either. I may have to put my 2 cents in on that album at some point soon, but likely after the upcoming challenge.

Me seeing Felix's review.

Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Felix 1666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 2:45 pm 

Last thing I wanted was to upset you, SweetLeaf and the other well appreciated dudes. But I will tell Lawless to write better albums so that we do not have any trouble in future, haha. However, The Headless Children will remain his masterpiece.

Sweetie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:16 am 

All good, the review itself was well written, just don't agree with it, haha. Still Not Black Enough is one of my favorites so it did me a sad reacc.

kluseba
Making Metal Archives Reviews Great Again!

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:51 am 

I suppose this is intended to be a joke: https://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/ ... ying/66976

But it's a quite bad one. The review reads as if the music were worth zero percent but the rating is actually a solid sixty-five percent for some unfathomable reason.

''Room 819'': http://kluseba.eklablog.com/room-819-a-short-story-a213183053

GuntherTheUndying
Crimson King, Eater of Worlds

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 11:00 am 

Well, looks like that backfired spectacularly. I've deleted it.

Obligatory Last FM Link

tolerancezero666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:55 pm 

wrong thread

Last edited by tolerancezero666 on Thu May 23, 2019 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EzraBlumenfeld
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 4:00 pm 

Wrong thread, buddy. And even if you were in the right one, no one is required to fulfill your request.

BEGRAVEMENT - 'Horrific Illusions Beckon' out now!

ᴎostalgiʞK
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:12 pm 

Lord_Of_Diamonds' reviews are giving me diarrhoea syndrome, what the poopy pooped pooping poop is he talking about in the most of the time?

I didn't knew that he were brought up here before, I searched a little and he appeared.. Wow, I can't understand if he's trying to project some life frustration or simply he "trolls" to get attention (But in my opinion he's not really trolling after all, I can't find any funny shit on his reviews, he really feels what is he writing besides that he got provocative purposes writing those turds because as I said.. He really feels what is he writing and instead of trolling he is projecting something, even if his profile says the contrary ahauhauhauhu) The point: Sometimes when I read him I can't understand or think about the band he's speaking off. I can not find a way to understand at least what he wants to say, and I can not even reach a point of comprehension about what he hears when he listens to some albums!

Before everything I know that the music (or non-music) I listen is pretty natural to be hated... But just look at this https://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/ ... nds/491990 The comparison about this band to nu-metal and Five Fingers Death Punch guitar tones are making me wet... For Baphomet's sake did he was expecting a slam band with flowers and beauty nymphs making a birthday cake for Robert Redford while Naomi Watts moshes? That question is the same stuff that I feel reading this review, no fucking sense at all. Those vocals are the most common thing in slam, low tuned guitars and non-sense vocals over brutal blasts you will find in almost EVERY slam band...

Flatulated review: https://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/ ... nds/491990 (I have never listened to it) I just understood that the band has problems of mixing because it is a natural error as a human being doing that, besides that Foul plays (or almost he intents to play) death n' roll, I got just that of this pile of words. So if error is natural as a human being he couldn't rated that so low... Could he?

Goremonger's review is pointless: https://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/ ... nds/491990 (He just picked random grind/noise bands to waste them with a review having just listened to them once... As above-mentioned, just to attract attention.. (? I'm waiting for him to do a Cemetery Rapist's review, oh yes I'm ready where's my beer.

I really really love every Agoraphobic Nosebleed's albums, here he managed to describe something entirely accurate (And you wonder why? Because this is not a grind/noisy and a "rip-off popular" album enough to be bloody miserably vomited by a review): https://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/ ... nds/491990 If you didn't hear this album, this review may describes it perfectly, the horrendous thing is the way of writing or praising that he makes.. "cheezy" "kick-ass" "things fitting in a glove" and more... This you can find it in every review he made.

Here he got a point in Altered States of America while he talks about the harshed fucked up voice and the musical non-sense: https://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/ ... nds/491990 But hey WAIT *-DING DING DING DING-* Ladies and gentlemen he docked his point off, what "musical sense" did he expected in a grindcore album with extreme noise influences... Beside that, yes, those blasts are possible, please see https://youtu.be/ir_KZNsTNiQ
and bass drums are possible too: https://youtu.be/_r5GAjEuiX4 you can search some Cryptopsy, Visceral Disgorge, Aborted, Human Mastication blasts to see more of that.

I'm not talking about his King Diamond's review.. Thanks

For now I'm done xd, I think if he started to write what he really thinks about an album that he likes, things would be better on his reviews history...

Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:58 am 

ᴎostalgiʞK wrote:
Lord_Of_Diamonds' reviews are giving me diarrhoea syndrome, what the poopy pooped pooping poop is he talking about in the most of the time?

I didn't knew that he were brought up here before, I searched a little and he appeared.. Wow, I can't understand if he's trying to project some life frustration or simply he "trolls" to get attention (But in my opinion he's not really trolling after all, I can't find any funny shit on his reviews, he really feels what is he writing besides that he got provocative purposes writing those turds because as I said.. He really feels what is he writing and instead of trolling he is projecting something, even if his profile says the contrary ahauhauhauhu) The point: Sometimes when I read him I can't understand or think about the band he's speaking off. I can not find a way to understand at least what he wants to say, and I can not even reach a point of comprehension about what he hears when he listens to some albums!

Before everything I know that the music (or non-music) I listen is pretty natural to be hated... But just look at this https://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/ ... nds/491990 The comparison about this band to nu-metal and Five Fingers Death Punch guitar tones are making me wet... For Baphomet's sake did he was expecting a slam band with flowers and beauty nymphs making a birthday cake for Robert Redford while Naomi Watts moshes? That question is the same stuff that I feel reading this review, no fucking sense at all. Those vocals are the most common thing in slam, low tuned guitars and non-sense vocals over brutal blasts you will find in almost EVERY slam band...

Flatulated review: https://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/ ... nds/491990 (I have never listened to it) I just understood that the band has problems of mixing because it is a natural error as a human being doing that, besides that Foul plays (or almost he intents to play) death n' roll, I got just that of this pile of words. So if error is natural as a human being he couldn't rated that so low... Could he?

Goremonger's review is pointless: https://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/ ... nds/491990 (He just picked random grind/noise bands to waste them with a review having just listened to them once... As above-mentioned, just to attract attention.. (? I'm waiting for him to do a Cemetery Rapist's review, oh yes I'm ready where's my beer.

I really really love every Agoraphobic Nosebleed's albums, here he managed to describe something entirely accurate (And you wonder why? Because this is not a grind/noisy and a "rip-off popular" album enough to be bloody miserably vomited by a review): https://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/ ... nds/491990 If you didn't hear this album, this review may describes it perfectly, the horrendous thing is the way of writing or praising that he makes.. "cheezy" "kick-ass" "things fitting in a glove" and more... This you can find it in every review he made.

Here he got a point in Altered States of America while he talks about the harshed fucked up voice and the musical non-sense: https://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/ ... nds/491990 But hey WAIT *-DING DING DING DING-* Ladies and gentlemen he docked his point off, what "musical sense" did he expected in a grindcore album with extreme noise influences... Beside that, yes, those blasts are possible, please see https://youtu.be/ir_KZNsTNiQ
and bass drums are possible too: https://youtu.be/_r5GAjEuiX4 you can search some Cryptopsy, Visceral Disgorge, Aborted, Human Mastication blasts to see more of that.

I'm not talking about his King Diamond's review.. Thanks

For now I'm done xd, I think if he started to write what he really thinks about an album that he likes, things would be better on his reviews history...

I’m perfectly aware of the fact that slam and grind bands are not supposed to be melodic and enjoyable. I don’t care about how accessible something is. I care about how original it sounds musically and how inventive the songwriting/musical elements are. I’m also aware that you can use drumming techniques like gravity rolls to somewhat imitate the fast blasts, but you have to use drum triggering to make them sound like AnB. I despise drum triggering; I think it takes away all the human touch from the music and provides an excuse to correct the timing of the MIDI you record. Slam bands deserve all the hate they can get from me, so yes, I seek them out. And, most of the time, they’re unoriginal and unimaginative. I don’t know what you mean about writing what I actually feel about an album. That’s exactly what writing a review is, right? If you have any actual advice for me on how to be a better reviewer, then by all means enlighten me.

Sweetie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:37 am 

Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:
Slam bands deserve all the hate they can get

Welllllllllll I won't argue that.

ᴎostalgiʞK
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:57 pm 

Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:
I’m perfectly aware of the fact that slam and grind bands are not supposed to be melodic and enjoyable. I don’t care about how accessible something is. I care about how original it sounds musically and how inventive the songwriting/musical elements are.

But Lord, you know that there's no such slam band with inventive songwriting and original sound, if they are they should be mixing up some other brutal genres or they could be the old school slam ones.

In your reviews your criteria seems to be "grind is not melodic and enjoyable, I'll vomit over this fucking noisy anus" even if grind is one of your favorites genres.

Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:
Slam bands deserve all the hate they can get from me, so yes, I seek them out. And, most of the time, they’re unoriginal and unimaginative

Paradox again...

Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:
but you have to use drum triggering to make them sound like AnB. I despise drum triggering

With due respect, I'm assuming that you're the ones that thinks that drum triggering is "cheating"... aren't you

Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:
I think it takes away all the human touch from the music and provides an excuse to correct the timing of the MIDI you record.

Well here you gave a perfect explanation without putting 600 denigrating words.

Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:
I don’t know what you mean about writing what I actually feel about an album. That’s exactly what writing a review is, right? If you have any actual advice for me on how to be a better reviewer, then by all means enlighten me.

Well.. your ANb review of Arc was excellent I have to say, all your other reviews I have read are seeking something that is not there...
From the Sewer review is the same, it's good but you'll never find a wolf in the lion's cage...
You latest reviews are going somewhere now..

Original sound, good musicians? Let me see...
If I may ask, I really would like to see a Gutalax review from you so, take the record you want.

TheStormIRide
Certified Poser

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 11:41 am 

Wait! Is this the guy who messages bands on Facebook asking if they use all-acoustic drums?

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:07 pm 

I once messaged a musician whose band I was reviewing the drums on the album were programmed or not, but there had already been some conversation established there. And yes, they were programmed but they did a pretty good job with them.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:36 pm 

TheStormIRide wrote:
Wait! Is this the guy who messages bands on Facebook asking if they use all-acoustic drums?

Holy shit this would be the plot twist of the century.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

gasmask_colostomy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:22 pm 

I’ve got to say that CHAIRTHROWER writing Buckethead reviews makes a whole lot of sense, since the zaniness of the one matches up perfectly with the eclecticism of the other (not saying which is which), plus both artist and reviewer are known riff off musical thunderbolts and lexical labyrinths respectively. The write-up for Forensic Follies in particular gave me some great new names for the Bucketlord!

CHAIRTHROWER

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 3:26 pm 

Finally! I can throw some two cents in worth regarding the past week's challenge, as the comp system I was on forbade any pages with swear words on them (!), or overt violence/and or ribaldry (I can understand maybe for that Mentors review Sunday, but sheesh!)...Even that Forensic Follies one of mine, although published, was blocked, thus hampering my own re-perusal for editing processes!

Haha...anyhow, it was a doozie...too many good reads (and times) for decortication - in French, it means unraveling of, or rattling off, not quite the English, medical syntax - but especially dug the Tanith blips, as well as Mirror by Gunther, and Lance King by H'sU...

I made a concerted effort to sling in some despondent ones, lesser graded and such, but fear the ole fanboy-ish enthusiasm got the best of me on Sunday...Edai! (colloquial Italian for "ah, life!").

Also, to be fair, they were pretty much all stream of consciousness writes, dependent on my institutional circumstances, but I've a few "big guns" up my sleeve I'm slowly imbibing like a fine wine and should get around to shortly, although I'm afraid I risk losing control and chugging the new Amulet down like a fish, mind; their vid for the Burning Hammers single is simply too good, you should all take a gander, here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uqwJTq8hfo

and gasmask, thanks for the Wormwitch review at the end - nice to see local Van B.C. bands thrown my way...

Hails to all who participated -- like I said, good times (and rhymes).

Oh, by the way, I've found the woman of my dreams, check it:

https://www.citynews1130.com/video/2019 ... dentified/

(although it's good nobody got hurt...)

gasmask_colostomy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 12:44 am 

CHAIRTHROWER wrote:
Oh, by the way, I've found the woman of my dreams (*chairthrowing woman*)

Have you ever, to your knowledge, actually hurling a seat, either towards a person or into the deep void of loneliness?

CHAIRTHROWER

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 9:02 am 

Good question, good sire;

I can't recall if I have (I doubt it!) but I can share the following anecdote: this older, oh-so-wizened coke fiend named Nicola had a (wry) habit of usurping my fond moniker whence, upon fixing a smash at Insite, would run out the indoor - the opposite of Led Zep's "In Through The Out Door", if you will - stand in a corner like an unruly school pupil (sans dunce cap) and, more than once, when asked by the staff if she was OK, hurl a poor chaise in their direction whilst shouting: "Oh, no you don't! Not me! Not me! (ad nauseum)" before repeating said unsavory process a number of indelible times. I hope I just made you (ruefully) snicker, or, at the very least, chuckle, there.

(Have you heard Amulet's Burning Hammers, or for that matter, The Inevitable War(ts) in its sublimely rocking and jocose entirety yet? I'm on the prowl for an equally enthused colleague to duly - as well as gleefully - write 'er up, as a festive collaboration of sorts - to great foofaraw!)

For the record, too, that hare-brained blondie isn't really my type...I go for more of the wicker chair tossing variety...

gasmask_colostomy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 10:37 am 

CHAIRTHROWER wrote:
For the record, too, that hare-brained blondie isn't really my type...I go for more of the wicker chair tossing variety...

I did indeed read that as "wicker man tossing".

CHAIRTHROWER

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 11:52 am 

At least you didn't read it simply as "wicker man". (!)

CHAIRTHROWER

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 8:23 pm 

Nice Leathurbitch review...Sweet; I only heard it once and didn't quite remember what it was like and all, until now. Your review is spot-on, although, you know me, I'm a sucker for female fronted ribaldry of the (speedy, celeritous) sort, hence, it would probably glean at least an 80% from me, perhaps an 82% depending on my mood.

Twisted P: this here line from your Smoulder review...well, made me smolder, so smirky was it!:

"Female vocalists are a rarity in this sausage festy corner of doom, but they would draw attention regardless thanks to their charisma and conviction."

Bastardhead and the new fellow also duly nailed 'er (the album, that is)...again, only a brief sample listen on my behalf, and only a couple tracks to boot, but I've just included the two worthies (back) on my listening long list, so thanks!

Oh, also just read that super well described Goatmoon review...and am wigging out to Storming Through White Light as we yawp...(A great BM night time bed story, no-how, if one pushes to the side the its racist edge).

Cat III
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:16 am 

Probably a stupid question: Is there any way to center-align text in a review?

CHAIRTHROWER

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:01 am 

Er, it's a relevant question, but I'm too green on supposedly simple technical details to answer so (for instance, am still befuddled when it comes to attaching/displaying album cover pics on my (Sony) mp3, which cost an arm, a leg, and a nose, but that's a whole other story)...hopefully someone here knows the drill...

Just waking up to coffee as well as Felix1666's tense write-up for Terrorizer - the gem (look at all of its perfect scores, whoa!);

particularly dig the following observation:

"Either way, Terrorizer know the rules of grindcore and spread left-wing dogmas. "The rich get rich, the poor stay poor, working hard, all for nothing" - these simple statements sound rather stupid, but they work excellently in the context of this album. The typhoon of negativity is irresistible and the band lives up to its name. The instrumental parts leave a trail of devastation and it goes without saying that the barking of Garcia does not provide relief. Of course, very intelligent minds can blame the full-length for its monotony, but I beg to differ." (like the Prong album?)

Will duly (if not ruefully) check it out!

CHAIRTHROWER

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:32 pm 

Where y'all at?!

Anyhow, nice, introspective and informative review for Brazil's Warlord, by VonSeux...am currently flew-tube gleaning; very genial, very old-school with nice, insouciantly rocking albeit dashingly riveting and dapper, melodic musicianship...roly-poly good show!

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:11 pm 

Sometimes it can be nice to have a short little break from reviewing like VileRancour.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

CHAIRTHROWER

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:32 pm 

Accordingly, and it's funny you mentioned VileRancour right off the bat like that, as he is the review I bee-lined toward to, even before acceding the Forum...short be an interesting read, for sure.

CHAIRTHROWER

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:44 pm 

[...]

..Holy crap! VileRancour's was a doozie! Everyone one must read it. It's too good!

gasmask_colostomy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:23 am 

I have absolutely no idea what album he's talking about, nor do I know anything about Holocaust, but that was a good read. The critique of society didn't seem completely out of place in among the musical comments. I like how he held onto that factoid about Lady Gaga until the halfway point - I would have blown that in the first paragraph.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 381, 382, 383, 384, 385, 386, 387 ... 520  Next