Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:18 am 

I think a large amount of suspicion for that came from the fact that he started lowering his scores even further across the board (reducing a lot of his 10-percents and 20-percents down to zeroes) after they had already been submitted and people started to note that some of the albums he reviewed were apparently worth at least a smidgen of merit.

VariedTastes
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:27 am 

Xlxlx wrote:
deathofnoobs wrote:
Most of the reviews are below average and driven by emotional criteria and objectivism.

You got that part wrong.

Nope. It's all Ayn Rand's fault.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:51 pm 

deathofnoobs wrote:
This site is only good as an archive. Whenever i try to read some reviews, i can't stop laughing at what i'm actually reading. And i'm not the only one...

The site is also an archive of public opinion, in the form of reviews. Other than some fairly minimal requirements of formatting/grammar and actually needing to describe the music, we accept just about everything that users submit. We're not moderating the opinions. Most of the staffers who write reviews publish them in our own outlets, with our own oversight of opinion on quality.

J_Ason
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:12 pm 

fallot wrote:
I used to think it would be great if he reviewed a good album, but then it occured to me that those already have plenty of reviews.

Anyone else a bit perplexed about this?

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:03 pm 

fallot wrote:
I see a variation of this post pop up nearly every time bitterman is mentioned. I got the opposite impression, whether he reads the forum or not I dont see any acknowledgment of it. These reviews are serious. They are not stone-faced professional serious, but the guy obviously means what he says about the albums he reviews. The personality in the reviews is exaggerated, their actual content is not. Also, he just seems to be reviewing what is on hand, some of the reviews are the only ones for the band, there does not seem to be any particular discrimination in targets that would show trolling intent. I used to think it would be great if he reviewed a good album, but then it occured to me that those already have plenty of reviews. I am sure you will see him turn over a new leaf as soon as an album is released that he loves.

His scores are clearly grossly exaggerated along with the whole review. If his agenda is something other than looking for negative attention then please enlighten. Sure not all those albums are well known but doesn't necessarily imply anything.
And since when the fuck are the quality of albums defined by the amount of reviews for it? That's a new one...

I guess Morbid Angel's Illud Divinum Insanus is the 4th best metal album in the world because it has the 4th most number of reviews on this site with 28 even though the average is 39%...

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:00 am 

Tom you Tom, no one has cared about Bitterman in like a month, even the whingers.

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:10 pm 

lord_ghengis wrote:
Tom you Tom, no one has cared about Bitterman in like a month, even the whingers.

Check the oven fodder thread. ;)

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:27 pm 

You posted about him two days before that Oven Fodder discussion even sprouted. :lol:

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:59 am 

I for one, don't mind if the same users are contributing as long as they are good writers. Lately there seems to be a lot of reviewers who submit huge walls of text but don't really say anything. It almost always seems to be in a stream-of-consciousness style that just doesn't translate very well once written. I only find it ironic because there seems to be an earnest attempt by some to push for the deletion of older reviews on the site which no longer meet guidelines usually because they are too short, yet many of those say more in 2-3 paragraphs than many do it 5-6 now. Not saying there aren't shit reviews from '02-'05 because there certainly are, but damn.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5