Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
rocksrocks
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:14 pm 

Hello Everyone,

I wrote a review about "Abominable Carnivore" debut EP - Light Devours Our Lust, but got rejected for the following reason:

Bad formatting and huge run-on sentences.

I Would be grateful if anyone around suggest me something more details about my faults so that i resolve the aforementioned reasons.

Review title : Abysmally dark

Rating : 80 %

Review :

From the masses of absolute uncertainty and from a country where Black/Blacken Death metal always raise the eye-brows of self-possessed mainstream pedestrians , even where so called metal-heads didn't loose a single chance to threaten its eternal supremacy and philosophy albeit they doesn't have the guts to face the inner cold ferociousness of this genre, ABOMINABLE CARNIVORE stand out of the total crowd and deliver their debut annihilation to piss-off all the hypocrisy by unleashing "Light devours our lust". The artwork, song structure, lyrics all meet the bar of this extreme genre, and if i count as a debut this abysmally dark, dank, nihilist and unfriendly approach really challenged my perception. The raw, subterranean sound of the whole album reminds me the absolute darkness of this genre. As typical issues always remains as a vital force against this genre so somewhere some parts of the songs becomes predictable (i can wish only the drum sound could have been real,,,) if i dare to compare with their influences like 1349, Belphegor and Behemoth, but in most parts it's become unpredictable and uncompromising , whole credit goes to the uncanny riff structure's of Monarch Corvus which is a total pleasure to listen again and again without any sense of boredom , makes you wonder each time by it's variation, skill and unearthly,gruesome screaming of Demodulated makes it total evilish and carnivorous. This debut piece of evil only a introduction i hope and waiting to see how they summon their upcoming full-length.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:34 pm 

The formatting issue will always get the review rejected no matter how well-written it is. Break that up into a few paragraphs, add some more descriptions of individual instruments/musicians, fix the run-on sentences and you'll be in much better shape.

For example, I'll take the first section which is the biggest offender as far as the run-on sentences are confirmed, and show you what to do:

"From the masses of absolute uncertainty, and from a country where Black/Blackened death metal always raises the eyebrows of self-possessed mainstream pedestrians, ABOMINABLE CARNIVORE stand out from the crowd and deliver their debut annihilation to piss-off all the hypocrites by unleashing "Light devours our lust". Even where so called metalheads don't lose a single chance to threaten its eternal supremacy and philosophy, they don't have the guts to face the inner cold ferociousness of this genre."

Make sense? See, that can be considered the intro paragraph, so start a new one after that and start moving into the meat and potatoes of the review. Next thing you know you'll have a much longer, better written review. Good luck.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:35 pm 

We have a thread for this, please post there.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.