Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MatiasMyles
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:42 am 

The Metal Archives is website that, as the title would suggest, archives every metal band on the planet. Well, supposedly. They don't allow many bands on here who fall under certain genres. These include nu metal, alternative metal, avant-garde/experimental metal, funk metal, rap metal, djent, electronicore, and metalcore (with some exceptions).

The reason I ask is because of the lattermost genre, obviously. Though some metalcore bands are featured, such as Killswitch Engage, As I Lay Dying, Shadows Fall, and a handful of others, it's largely banned from the website. Submitting a metalcore band is a sure way to get rejected, and the band blacklisted.

While I like the idea, they to me come off as incredibly elitist. Those genres I listed above are among my favorite metal genres (I'm an alt-metal kind of guy who just recently got into metalcore), and it sucks not being able to see my favorite bands on there. They also reject bands for arbitrary reasons, such as their image. For example, Body Count isn't allowed there because Ice-T is their lead singer, which is ridiculous.

Shouldn't a website that's supposed to be a database of all metal bands allow as many bands that play metal as possible? Not the ultra-conservative version? It irks me even more that they don't even try to be considerate of people who like those genres. They call anyone who does a "poser" or a "mallcore kid". I wanted to see what you guys think of this, because I can't be alone on how I feel about them.

Bichorojo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:33 am 

Wrong forum, and body count just sucks and it´s 0% metal, that´s why is not in the database

MetlaNZ
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:19 am 

Start up your own archives dude and then you can make up the rules and put whatever you like on there. Can't be that hard, right?

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.