Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Buried_Death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:21 pm 

I need some help with finding out if my Emperor - In The Nightside Eclipse is first press on discogs the first pressing is meant to be Limited to 2000 copies with the cat number - Candle008LP but then on - Metal For Maniacs web site it has this pressing information for In The Nightside Eclipse on LP on Candlelight records -

LP, Candlelight Records, UK, Second press, gatefold, has 'lighter' artwork
LP, Candlelight Records, UK, 1994, White label test press
LP, Candlelight Records, UK, 1994, First press, gatefold, limited to 2000 copies

So the only different between the first and second pressing is lighter covers apart from that they are identical?

Which leads me to think is my Emperor - In The Nightside Eclipse really the limited to 2000 copy or a re-press?
The cat number on my LP is - Candle008LP so according to discogs it's the first press but then it could be second press because some have lighter covers?

Any help / information is a great help....

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:58 pm 

To be honest, I really don't believe that there shall be 2 different presses existing from 1994. 2,000 copies was quite a big bunch that needed to be sold before doing a re-press. Hardly can imagine all 2,000 copies have been sold in the release year and Candlelight also didn't do re-presses from other vinyls back then.
Good users: ins88(2x), Oligarch, Mr_Belvedere(8x), coldsunproductions, Apostate, narlotep, Kubrat(5x), caine(2x), nothenam(2x), Mysticus(2x), Peststurm(3x), Brandanschlag, MDeth, MikeyC, SepticTomb, thunderbelial, KevinPage, Desekrate, WASPcollector, Wolfhead(2x), Mephs, ...

FNS
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:09 pm 

discogs says

Barcode (Text): 5 016685 023017
Barcode (String): 5016685023017
Matrix / Runout (Runout Side A, Variant 1): CANDLE 008 A-1 ['SNA' logo] EX
Matrix / Runout (Runout Side B, Variant 1): CANDLE 008 - B1. ['SNA' logo] EX
Matrix / Runout (Side A Runout - Etched Variant 2): CANDLE 008 A-1
Matrix / Runout (Side B Runout - Etched Variant 2): CANDLE 008 - B1.
Matrix / Runout (Side A, B - Stamped Pressing Plant Variant 2): ['SNA' logo]

but i m not sure. i got 4 copies. the differences are matt vs. glossy labels, brighter vs. darker covers. 1 copy has the matrix with "ex" (got this maybe 2 years ago) in addition and the remaining 3 miss that. the one with the "ex" in the matrix was bought maybe 2 years ago on ebay. two without "ex" were traded maaaany years ago and were said to be the firstpress. the last one without "ex" in the matrix was bought in the early 2000s from pervertadtaste. i remember, before the year 2000, i never saw the ITNE lp anywhere. suddenly pervertedtase and other distros carried that lp for a regular price with the matrix given above (variant 2) missing "ex". it was said its a repress. as far as i remember the covers were less glossy than those that i later traded supposed to be the firstpress.

who can help?? how can i recognize the firstpress? was it released when the album initially was released in 94 at all? or was it pressed as firstpress in 2000?

help welcome!

Bichorojo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:39 pm 

Wrong forum

Atom_Vinter
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:38 pm 

There are definitely at least two pressings of this, yes! I was surprised to find a copy sometime around the year 2000 at more or less the price of a regular LP, when it was said at the time that this record came out in 1995 in 2,000 copies. Emperor were just as big then as they are now, and all other early Norwegian black metal records had become pricey and difficult to find. So there was either a second pressing around that time, or it was simply kept in print by the label all the time up until then.

My copy is "Variant 2" on Discogs ("EX" missing on the matrix).

Reply to topic