Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:29 am 

Hi All!

A site that i started using to search for musicians only allows the upload of youtube videos on personal pages. I'd like to put few guitar covers to show how i play, but i have a question to which i still have found no good answers yet:

i have few videos of acceptable quality, but they were recorded spartanly with a THR10X and Reaper over an mp3 file of the actual song (tweaked to lower the original guitars)
if i upload one of those do i incour in problems? i don't care for either visibility or demonetization, but if those videos get taken down the whole thing becomes useless :lol:

Anybody has any insight on this matter?

mdmdmd
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:42 pm 

Morn Of Solace wrote:
i have few videos of acceptable quality, but they were recorded spartanly with a THR10X and Reaper over an mp3 file of the actual song (tweaked to lower the original guitars)
if i upload one of those do i incour in problems? i don't care for either visibility or demonetization, but if those videos get taken down the whole thing becomes useless :lol:

I believe it's up to copyright owners policy and is case by case, but most likely it will just be demonetized.

Also youtube is able to recognize copyrighted songs even if you don't use the original record.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:08 pm 

yeah the algorithms will pick up on filed copyrighted material automatically and will demonetize you if you have that option. if it's not on there the copyright owner can come claim your video and either have that happen, or have the funds diverted to them. Again that is if you have monetization to begin with. If you don't even have that then do whatever you wish. It won't pull down a video unless it's an actual copyright holder demanding it and that's going to be such a small selection of people. and usually it's done by huge companies trying to get review or commentary videos on their movies pulled that effect them negatively. like say for the last of us 2. ton of videos were claimed by a third company hired by Naughty dog through Sony to do this which also did not sit well with a ton of people cause it wasn't anything copyrighted and all the claims were dropped.

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:22 am 

Thank you all for the infos!

SweetSilence
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:06 am 

On Facebook I'm in a group for drummers and a group for vocalists so I see a lot of covers. One trick that apparently works is to slightly shift the pitch of the song and maybe even apply a thin layer of distortion or something so that it's more difficult for the algorithm to flag. I'm sure it takes some trial and error to get it to sound right while still getting past the algorithm, but I'm pretty sure it'll work because I have seen many, many people say they use this technique. I've never done it personally, but it makes absolute sense.

Reply to topic