Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Auselesspileofflesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:46 am 

Bad at Life wrote:
I just got out of prison :) in a few months I might be taking up bass for Omnihility again and continuing to work on my solo projects which are basically the same thing, but meh, whatever. My guitar skills are pretty rusty, but they're coming back. I'm also trying to press a few demos to CD just to do it. Vinyl is way too expensive for what it is and I want a physical copy.

Omnihility are awesome dude. I actually know a friend of the band, Eric Reed (he does Unconscious Suffering and lived in Australia)

Auselesspileofflesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:19 pm 

Howdy ya'll!
I'm the vocalist for the Australian deathgrind act, Awful Noise.
Just recently dropped a single from our debut album, would love to hear any feedback.

https://awfulnoisegrind.bandcamp.com/tr ... een-regime

Jasper92
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:03 pm 

My band Deadspeak is finally releasing it's debut EP on a small cassette label. Awesome artwork from Jota Cravo and we aimed for a really old school death metal sound. I think we did quite well for our budget.

For fans of Death, Morgoth, Benediction etc. So, late 80's/early 90's death metal.

Link to bandcamp (based on the ep, Raw Skull Recordz signed us for a full length):
https://rawskullrecordz.bandcamp.com/al ... the-dreams

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:19 pm 

I plan on picking up bass again real soon. My music life was on hold for a while because I got busy with other stuff (poor excuse, I know).

Not sure what I'm going to start with. I still have a lot of music lying around that I haven't even finished from years ago

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

Auselesspileofflesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:51 pm 

MalignantTyrant wrote:
I plan on picking up bass again real soon. My music life was on hold for a while because I got busy with other stuff (poor excuse, I know).

Not sure what I'm going to start with. I still have a lot of music lying around that I haven't even finished from years ago

Defs get back into man, what's your usual style? Bass player here too

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:13 pm 

Auselesspileofflesh wrote:
MalignantTyrant wrote:

Defs get back into man, what's your usual style? Bass player here too

I've always been primarily extreme metal, specifically black metal. I just have such a knack for writing it. I can play guitar and bass, but I'm far more capable with a bass for some reason that I cannot explain.

I've always wanted to do a blackened death metal project. Think less Behemoth and more old school Morbid Angel with a more modern black metal influence. I've got the skeletons of quite a few songs dating back to 2017 and 2014, but nothing completed. Life got in the fucking way, unfortunately. Also, my software I used back then isn't exactly compatible with Chromebooks so I'm also out of luck there as well, and I don't have the money right now for a new computer. Gotta improvise a bit I suppose

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

Metalhead09z
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:30 pm 

Hello all! I'm new here. I got into electronic music and audio production when the pandemic started, before that I played guitar/bass for 10 years mostly rock and classical and went to music school for a few years but dropped out. Now I'm going back to metal and currently working on my one-man black metal project (I've given up on bands.. for now...)

soul_schizm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:21 pm 

Releasing an EP I've been working on for way too long. It's at the point where heck it's not going to get any better even though I'm not 100% happy with it. The law of diminishing returns has been reached, and passed, awhile back.

ColdBecoming
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:13 am 

Just released this EP, from a side project I'm having a lot of fun with. Studio-only thing and get to experiment with a few more guitar layers, which probably brings out my Ulcerate love a bit more

https://sarcophagum.bandcamp.com/album/ ... underworld

theprophet
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:22 am 

Hi guys, my band Lamentations is releasing our new album, Passion of Depression, will drop on 11/11/22 via Willowtip Records and features guest contributions from such metal luminaries as Ole Børud (ex-Extol/Fleshkiller), Jason Gobel (ex-Cynic), Santiago Dobles (Aghora/ex-Cynic), Max Phelps (Exist, ex-Cynic, Death to All), and Ethan McKenna (Black Crown Initiate). We play progressive death metal inspired by artists such as Opeth, Cynic, Porcupine Tree and more.

You can check out the first single on our Bandcamp: https://lamentations.bandcamp.com/track/prodigal.
If you dig it, please consider preordering the album. I hope you enjoy!

awheio
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:45 am 

Listen to If You Interfere With The Devil, You Interfere With God by awheio on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/awheio/if-you-in ... al_sharing

awheio
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:36 pm 

Listen to Come Together My Bloody Cocoon My Roaming Room by awheio on #SoundCloud
https://on.soundcloud.com/MLFTv

So I can't play any of these instruments, I didn't listen to this before posting it, I didn't adjust any levels. But I did authentically channel Satan over three separate tracks for 9 minutes. One go each instrument. I'll get better at these instruments. But I'm pissed at inauthenticity, in black metal and everywhere. So, anyway, here's some genuine self-expression of a certain sort. Any genuine animal needs many different voices. Mad black metal is just one experiment of this soul.

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:36 pm 

awheio wrote:
So I can't play any of these instruments, I didn't listen to this before posting it, I didn't adjust any levels.

It shows. Genuine self-expression is one thing, and well enough, but your aren't going to communicate anything effectively to a listener without some basic competence.

Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:51 pm 

awheio wrote:
Listen to Come Together My Bloody Cocoon My Roaming Room by awheio on #SoundCloud
https://on.soundcloud.com/MLFTv

So I can't play any of these instruments, I didn't listen to this before posting it, I didn't adjust any levels. But I did authentically channel Satan over three separate tracks for 9 minutes. One go each instrument. I'll get better at these instruments. But I'm pissed at inauthenticity, in black metal and everywhere. So, anyway, here's some genuine self-expression of a certain sort. Any genuine animal needs many different voices. Mad black metal is just one experiment of this soul.

Wait a minute, you're the guy who made the "I'm channeling Satan" thread in The Tavern. After hearing this, I'm convinced you're a troll. That "song" is like some Impaled Northern Moonforest-type parody shit.

awheio
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:17 pm 

Not a troll. It's a very different approach to music, and very early in its development. But my intention is to emphasize authenticity, spontaneity, zen, at the basis, and build up from that. I have a lot of work to do. But I do not begin by imitating motions that I expect others to approve of. It is a philosophic activity first; the aesthetic quality will come in time. It is not for mere entertainment or to please.

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:44 am 

I didn't say anything about pleasing anybody. A lot of good art does not have a pleasing aesthetic. I was talking about communicating ideas, which presumably you are trying to do.

awheio
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:00 am 

Yeah, I don't remotely feel as if I've failed in my intentions. Sorry if you disapprove of my intentions.

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:42 am 

Why do you assume I disapprove of your intentions? Kinda sounds like you're already sprinkling in some martyrdom with your delusions of grandeur.

Here's then a direct question you are avoiding. Are you trying to communicate ideas to a listener through music?

awheio
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:56 pm 

My intention cannot be explicitly, definitively stated in conceptual terms. It must be shown. The addiction to what can be explicitly stated in words is precisely one of the things I hope to subvert. The reason that I said "if you don't approve of my intentions" is because you seem to think I've done a bad job. Either you don't understand or do understand and don't approve. Or you neither understand nor don't understand, in which case we'd really be getting somewhere interesting.

As Nietzsche said, "thoughts are just the shadows of feelings", always simpler. Ideas are such a puny thing to communicate. Music can do much more.

Nocturnal_Evil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:47 pm 

My band Cascadian released a new track after a long pause from music. It's a mix of melodeath and atmospheric black metal. All instrumental. Check it out if you want:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCiIL9DjrRg

Any and all feedback is appreciated! Thanks!

LongHairIsSoFuckingCool
Edgy Metal Noob Catchphrase Dispenser

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:09 pm 

I starting practicing guitar earlier this year. I dedicate some of my time to fucking up rhythm riffs on tabs,

recyclage wrote:
Anyone who writes "The Deftones" isn't trustworthy.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:39 pm 

I finally figured out what was holding me back playing higher double bass speeds. Turns out some bad technique got burned into my muscle memory, but with a shitload of practice I'm finally starting to shake that. My goal for years has been to hit 180bpm; currently at 160!

Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:21 pm 

Oh man, that's great. But it also makes me slightly disheartened that it'll take that long before my own double bass drumming skills get there. My left foot just won't move fast enough, when I want it to

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:05 am 

Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:
Oh man, that's great. But it also makes me slightly disheartened that it'll take that long before my own double bass drumming skills get there. My left foot just won't move fast enough, when I want it to

if you have the time and the patience this video is a little treasure, it was really helpful for me to understand ankle motion and improve dramatically speed and consistency

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:03 pm 

Same idea, but I think Marthyn explains it a bit better. His videos are what helped me identify what I was doing wrong:

Basically, if you feel anything other than your calves burning, your technique is not correct. The pedal should be doing most of the work, with your ankle as the fulcrum and calf as the energy source. My problem was thinking it was wrong that the beater was swinging so far back, so I was stomping down my legs to try to stop it. Turns out that big swing is exactly what you want, even if it feels weird that your beater is swinging so far back and almost hitting your foot.

But yeah, for me it took about a month of dedicated practice just to get the technique right. Now I'm slowly building up my speed 5bpm at a time, making sure I can hit 3 minutes at a tempo before moving up.

CoperCz
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:10 pm 

Me and my friend Jeff started a band called Neon Ejaculate. We don't know what kind of music we're going to make, but it's definitely going to be metal. I play guitar, while Jeff sings and plays drums. We both really like metal bands such as Death, maudlin of the Well, Mastodon, The Goslings, Burzum, and Katatonia. We plan on releasing our first EP in the not-to-distant future. I'll let you guys know when it's finished!!! \m/

- Copernicus from Neon Ejaculate

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:18 am 

Unless you're playing slam or some sort of cybergrind/goregrind parody, no one is going to take you seriously with a name like that.

pyratebastard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:36 pm 

CoperCz wrote:
Me and my friend Jeff started a band called Neon Ejaculate. We don't know what kind of music we're going to make, but it's definitely going to be metal. I play guitar, while Jeff sings and plays drums. We both really like metal bands such as Death, maudlin of the Well, Mastodon, The Goslings, Burzum, and Katatonia. We plan on releasing our first EP in the not-to-distant future. I'll let you guys know when it's finished!!! \m/

I think you should go for it. I am entertained by the idea of you introducing yourselves on stage - "I AM COPERNICUS, this is Jeff, and WE ARE NEON EJACULATE!!"

Purveyor of absolute bastardry.

CoperCz
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:27 pm 

Bad news! Jeff has left Neon Ejaculate, leaving me as the only member of the band. In the short time he was in the band, we managed to record 2 songs. They will appear on the debut EP when I find a new drummer and a new vocalist and we finish it.

Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:53 pm 

I feel like this sudden turn of events would make a good addition to the bottom layer of the "Metal Archives iceberg" in The Tavern.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:40 pm 

Copey I am so sorry to hear that. Was really looking forward to the original duo of you and Jeff. Hoping the new members can bring the same ejaculation energy to the mix.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:04 pm 

Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:
I feel like this sudden turn of events would make a good addition to the bottom layer of the "Metal Archives iceberg" in The Tavern.

lol didn't even know there was such a thing.

Nocturnal_Evil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:09 pm 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:

lol didn't even know there was such a thing.

They're brainstorming it over in the Tavern. This would be a funny addition.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:55 pm 

Nice, very nice. I'll go read

Neutrall Girl
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:24 pm 

As a musician, I focus on writing lyrics :D
It's really interesting how many topics can be written about.

This is my passion and I like it very much.
I think I can recommend it to anyone!

CoperCz
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:52 am 

Update on the Neon Ejaculate project: I found a potential 2nd member of the band who can play guitar and drums. I think that she is the perfect candidate to replace Jeff. We don't have a lot of time to record right now, though, since I have school and shit. Stay tuned.

- C

Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:57 am 

I want to hear your recorded material when it releases, just because of the band name.

AJManiac666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:25 pm 

I'm currently forming a USPM project called "AJ's Oblivion" and I have finally owned a Squire strat guitar but I don't have an amplifier yet

Nocturnal_Evil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:22 am 

CoperCz wrote:
Update on the Neon Ejaculate project: I found a potential 2nd member of the band who can play guitar and drums. I think that she is the perfect candidate to replace Jeff. We don't have a lot of time to record right now, though, since I have school and shit. Stay tuned.

- C

The saga continues...

In other news, my band released a new song a few weeks ago. It's instrumental atmospheric/melodic black metal with some melodeath riffage mixed in there too. Check it out here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiTU1T4P9Yw

Thanks!

Eternal Unity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:27 pm 

Writing 20th Album.
Rejoin my soul with thine

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 181, 182, 183, 184, 185  Next