Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MetallicaMegadethIronMaiden
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:46 pm 

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone could help me look for a 30 watt combo amp with a load of effects on it. The more knobs and buttons the happier I will be. Price range from ~$100-$250 would be nice. It must have at least overdrive/distortion, and at least one "wah-wah" effect like phaser/flange and reverb & delay would be nice. Basically all the effects. If I have to buy a distortion pedal so be it but it would be nice to have an insane amount of overdrive I can crank up. My current amp is a 20 watt combo with just overdrive that doesn't even work except when the gain is at max. It came with the guitar so it doesn't have too much power and yet still everyone in my house complains that it's too loud. :lol:

maxkov03
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 3:46 am 

Some possible options off the top of my head:
- Fender Mustang
- Boss Katana 50
- Marshall Code 50

contrapak
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 9:24 am 

Seconding the Fender Mustang. But get version II.

It's an interesting amp because you can program customized sounds and effects on the computer. The downside is you need to use Fender's proprietary software to do this.

VigilantRabbit
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:53 am 

Line 6 Spider IV or V model 30watt amps are fantastic, and the spider V you can program a load of different stuff onto them using the line 6 software much like the Fender. I like Line 6's because they really have a dynamic variable range to them, if you want it muddy and heavy low end you can do it, if you want clean for soloist stuff you can do it, you want a great integral crunch and overall heaviness it's got it, along with integral chorus flange, phaser, delay, tape echo, sweep echo, Tremolo, and reverb to boot. You can easily find the older spider IV series 30watt for 100-200 bucks, the newer spider V in 30watt you could probably make a deal for that with a floor model at guitar center (i know, i know).

Reply to topic