Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
The KICKARSEAussIe
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:50 pm 

Hi does anyone know what gear amps pedals both Joseph J. Fontenot & audie pitre from acid bath and shrum where using for their bass tones during those days on when the kite string pops and red devils & purple ringers I love those kind of bass tones very fucken heavy as fuck and brutal

AgnosticPuppy666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:52 pm 

Audie Pitre mainly played an Ibanez RD707 bass guitar, used Ampeg bass amplifiers, used Clayton .80 mm picks, and used a Boss HM-2 Heavy Metal pedal for the distortion. Audie did also have a B.C. Rich Mockingbird bass towards the end of his life which his younger brother, Kelly, used when he joined Shrüm. As for the chorus effect that can be heard on "Scream of the Butterfly" by Acid Bath, Sammy Duet has stated that any regular chorus pedal will give that sound. A source claims that Audie used a yellow DOD pedal for distortion in Shrüm prior to his passing, but I'd take that with a grain of salt as the same source incorrectly claimed Audie played a B.C. Rich Bich bass. The DOD pedal in question is probably an FX50B Overdrive Plus.

As for Joseph Fontenot, I'm not sure what he played other than a 5 string Jackson bass. I wish I could be more of help regarding the gear he used. A comment from Joseph is pinned in the comment section of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szCtai7 ... bomination You could try asking him about the gear he used.

Cheers!

AgnosticPuppy666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:04 pm 

Update: According to a social media post from Audie Pitre Jr., Audie also had a B.C. Rich Ironbird bass.

Reply to topic