Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:57 pm 

Well, finally got our mix/mastering back on our debut album. Now starts the impossible task of looking for a label lol

Eternal Unity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:33 am 

Writing for 20th Studio Album is complete.

Eternal Unity - Wish (71:04)

1. Summit of Peace
2. Signal of Will
3. Blank Grade
4. Room
5. The Model of the Coral Code
6. The Quest of the Rose
7. War of Wolves
8. Blackness
9. The Blade of the Dragon
10. Wish

This album is heavily influenced by the bands: Haken, Judas Priest, Metallica and Dream Theater.
9 band members.
On this one - I play only Acoustic Guitar
All Lyrics by me, Greg Margolis
Rejoin my soul with thine

Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:25 pm 

Does this project have a Metal Archives page? I couldn't find one. But surely with 20 albums under your belt, it should be on the site by now.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:20 pm 

Just spent the weekend in the studio with my band recording a split with another death metal group from Portland. First time in a real metal studio and it was a blast!

Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:46 pm 

narsilianshard wrote:
Just spent the weekend in the studio with my band recording a split with another death metal group from Portland. First time in a real metal studio and it was a blast!

That sounds properly filthy, dude. Good job on the recording style; I was expecting some super polished modern stuff.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:27 pm 

Thanks! I did that one, mixed from a few live sessions in our shitty practice space. The upcoming split is definitely going to be more "polished" but still filthy. Will be produced by the same guy who works with Torture Rack.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:06 pm 

narsilianshard wrote:

this is great.

Eternal Unity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:58 am 

Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:
Does this project have a Metal Archives page? I couldn't find one. But surely with 20 albums under your belt, it should be on the site by now.

Not yet. I registered at 2021, but the rules of Metal Archives state that I need at least one indepentent recording of LP album or EP. I have only one of those - our first album "Reflections of a Diamond's Eye"

We recorded it on December of 2007 by ourselves at a local garage. it's really sounds like shit (think of original Opeth demos).
This is the only official recording we have.

Now is a different story. There will be a page of all our material but only when we re record the 1st album. I'm looking for local session musicians for that. It's gonna take time though.

I tell you what, moneywise - I am not a man of means. I hope to be one day, when this day comes - I'll reveal our full discography.

Cheers, and thank you!
Greg

Eternal Unity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:08 pm 

Spoken Word Poet - Student.

~Guest 374764
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:47 pm 

Trying to write some punk/grudge black metal drum patterns and I'm having trouble coming up with new rhythms as I don't typically play punk esc stuff.
I want to keep it "bouncy" but not repetitive.
I already finished the 1st demo but this 2nd demo is harder to write for it seems.

pentalarc22
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:49 am 

Just getting back into making music again, after a series of personal tragedies.

For the first time, I'm doing things mostly solo. My normal process is to set up the songs I'm working on in an "album" and modify as need be. I'm being a lot more flexible about it, I used to set things up in 16 songs sets, write them all, times then out, and then cut it down to 72min if it went over. Now I'm letting myself be more flexible since I'm also learning to use a DAW at the same time (which I thought would be easier than learning a new instrument .. . I was wrong).

Anyway, I l do a general layout and rough outline of the song, then do the lyrics, then write/record the song itself at the same time. I start writing the next project as I record the one I'm working on.

Current project would probably not be consider metal or metal enough. I've shown the first five finished songs, to three different people, and all three gave me different ideas of how the would describe it. I was originally going for "gothic industiral witch house" One actually found quite a bit of metal in it, and called it "witch house metal and dungeon synth", the next said "orchestral industrial" and the third called it "witch grunge". I'm not sure that I agree with any of them. It's a concept album about the death of my wife.

The next one (currently first stage writing) is going to be very harsh/ugly blackened industrial death metal. Lyrical subjects of anarchism, chthonic occultism/paganism, and vengeance. Going to have to use programmed drums.

I have a project on hiatus, combining sludge metal and witch house. Planning and writing for that a while back is what actually got me into witch house to begin with. Unfortunately the other guy in the project had to move halfway across the country, so it's on hold until we both have enough time to do long distance. The good news is that move put him back in the town where the lead guitarist and drummer from his previous band are, and they're intrested in the project when it comes up.

Also have plans for a hard industrial metal project, but that's still in the idea stage.

Practical plans: Step one: Get the frets stripped off of my new bass. Step two: Come to terms with the fact I have to replace my broken guitar. Step three: Give up on finding the mid-90's Peavey Predator AX that I want, give up because no one else liked them so they're way overpriced these days. Step four: Give up and get a HSS Harley Benton until I stop being a such a cheapskate.

Auselesspileofflesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:21 pm 

My deathgrind band Awful Noise are dropping our debut album tomorrow. Recorded it with the old lineup back in July 2019, feels good to finally drop it plus we're supporting Napalm Death & Wormrot in September.

https://awfulnoisegrind.bandcamp.com/

Also have a Post-Metal band in the works, along the lines of The Ocean Collective, Isis, Cult of Luna & Ghost Brigade.
Will also be doing some low-brow Mortician worship Goregrind, lyric theme will be critical of organized religion etc

Averine666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:53 pm 

I've been working on a buncha different stuff. I've been recording and mixing a whole Eyehategod cover album, aswell as a hardcore punk record with my band. Its been.. interesting lol

Nocturnal_Evil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:14 am 

Finally got my project's music on streaming services and uploaded a new compilation to YouTube. It's all instrumental and musically falls into a sort of Summoning / Moonsorrow / (early) Amon Amarth vein.

You can check it out here: https://youtu.be/XQQIsqrWlT4

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:25 pm 

I'm very seriously considering making another attempt at starting a black/death metal band. Last time I attempted was back in high school and it failed miserably, took all the wind out of my sails, especially since I was very young and passionate about it at the time.

Still can't believe it's been that long lol. Perhaps it's worth another shot...

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

werewolfgraveyard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:06 am 

Trying to get good enough to feel worthy of being in a band. I could easily give a band an album's worth of shitty rhythm guitar metal, but I don't think anyone wants that so I think I'm gonna work on becoming self-sufficient before I work with other people.

deadtome
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:18 pm 

Currently sitting on a plateau doing nothing at all.....took apart my floyd rose on my favorite guitar and it's too hot to play drums LOL! So, I just tool around on my classical and TRY to stay in shape.

deadtome
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:19 pm 

Nocturnal_Evil wrote:
Finally got my project's music on streaming services and uploaded a new compilation to YouTube. It's all instrumental and musically falls into a sort of Summoning / Moonsorrow / (early) Amon Amarth vein.

You can check it out here: https://youtu.be/XQQIsqrWlT4

LOVE Moonsorrow, and also AA. Listening to your stuff now, and I'm finding it interesting.

~Guest 1794951
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:14 pm 

I’m gonna be starting a band in Japan with my high school friend. It’s called Gouniromech, or “ゴウニロメキ” as it is in Japanese Katakana. That’s the name I chose.

Anyways, the band is mostly gonna be focused on the sound of the black/death/thrash fusions that appeared around the world with Canadians Blasphemy, Conqueror and Revenge, Singaporeans Abhorer, Finns Beherit and Archgoat, and Brazilians with early Sepultura, Sarcófago, Vulcano, and Holocausto.

Then it’s just mixing that sound with the crust punk of Skitsystem, Disfear, Disrupt, and Nausea, and the early metallic hardcore of Upheaval, Abnegation, Day Of Suffering, Embodyment, and Deformity. As well as introducing some songwriting catchiness and contrasting uplifting melodies, notes from the melodeath and J-pop scene.

Nocturnal_Evil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:22 pm 

Just released another song for my project, Cascadian. Check it out here, it's one of the better songs I've written so far.

https://youtu.be/OYJ2Oo1PLog?si=8gJiFXHQEal-uE6W

It's epic/atmospheric black metal predominately, but also takes some inspiration from soundtrack style classical music. Very uplifting stuff - in fact, I've come to learn I'm almost incapable of writing anything sad sounding, so that's the general theme of the whole project.

MrOgyuukKun wrote:
I’m gonna be starting a band in Japan with my high school friend. It’s called Gouniromech, or “ゴウニロメキ” as it is in Japanese Katakana. That’s the name I chose.

Anyways, the band is mostly gonna be focused on the sound of the black/death/thrash fusions that appeared around the world with Canadians Blasphemy, Conqueror and Revenge, Singaporeans Abhorer, Finns Beherit and Archgoat, and Brazilians with early Sepultura, Sarcófago, Vulcano, and Holocausto.

Then it’s just mixing that sound with the crust punk of Skitsystem, Disfear, Disrupt, and Nausea, and the early metallic hardcore of Upheaval, Abnegation, Day Of Suffering, Embodyment, and Deformity. As well as introducing some songwriting catchiness and contrasting uplifting melodies, notes from the melodeath and J-pop scene.

This sounds really cool! I want to hear the music you come up with whenever it's released.

lostalbumguru
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:31 am 

I'd love to have an actual entry on metal archives. The world doesn't need more metal, so who knows if I'll ever be able to get something done with someone or by myself. It must be satisfying to be able to say yes, that's me, I contributed something tangible.

Jiri777
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:36 pm 

I have just released an EP, 33 Years to the Wolves, with my band, iMessiah. It's not metal, but one of the tracks is pretty heavy for an electronic song.

Here is a link to this track:

https://youtu.be/CpVZi3fkr0E

And a link to the Bandcamp page (entire EP is free to download):

https://imessiah.bandcamp.com

metalgirlviking
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:35 pm 

lostalbumguru wrote:
I'd love to have an actual entry on metal archives. The world doesn't need more metal, so who knows if I'll ever be able to get something done with someone or by myself. It must be satisfying to be able to say yes, that's me, I contributed something tangible.

I very much agree.
I am currently working on a metal album/EP, probably EP.
I have released my debut single, not metal though. It's amazing to see the streams' count go up.

~Guest 1794951
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:12 pm 

MrOgyuukKun wrote:

Welp, that failed miserably. The band split-up on March 2024. The only release we ever had really was a 2023 demo compilation EP.

Reddevil75
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:06 pm 

We (dark side of me) just released our second album 'Silence Of The Swallows' via the most popular digital platforms. The physical release will be End of March (self-distribution). Now, we are rehearsing the set for the album presentation. At the same time, we're already doing bits and pieces for our third album, writing new songs, re-arranging existing songs. There's always something to do... Oh, well, I'm the guitarist of the band.

Auselesspileofflesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:23 pm 

My deathgrind band Awful Noise dropped our debut album "A Peaceful Death with Pretty Flowers" last year and officially as a suport for Napalm Death and Wormrot with a guest appearence from Boy George.

Currently recording a new single and working on tours.
https://linktr.ee/awfulnoisegrind

Everyone starts out being an atheist. No one is born with belief in anything. Infants are atheists until they are indoctrinated.

https://linktr.ee/awfulnoisegrind

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 181, 182, 183, 184, 185