Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 8:41 am 

Sounds like a great plan. I eat up that shit, but i think that's very obvious by some of the stuff I've been turning out.

I spent a good amount of time mixing. will do the same today.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:34 pm 

reworked a song i wrote a month ago that went unused. sounds much better now and drums were recorded.

jammed writting a few new things.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:07 pm 

wrote 2 songs for 2 different projects and recorded drums to each.

Det_Morkettall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:29 pm 

I wonder how SLK finds the time/motivation to do all that :P

I'm currently just doing what I was previously doing with my black metal project. Also waiting on guitarists to write some riffs in my thrash/black project. God, exams make music writing move slow. Also trying to write more interesting drums for both projects.

HeirToRuin
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:56 am 

I've been a drummer for over 20 years... currently play for 2 bands local to Augusta, Georgia.

New music by each...

L.i.E. (extreme prog-influenced melodic metal)
http://liemusic.bandcamp.com

ARTEMIA (fusion of metal, progressive, and soul but also not afraid to abandon these styles and do straight up hip-hop and electronica)
http://artemia.bandcamp.com

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:01 am 

Det_Morkettall wrote:
I wonder how SLK finds the time/motivation to do all that :P

I'm my own biggest fan, so there's my motivation. I helps caring about only what you enjoy. Plus I'm always interested in hearing what i've created after i've sat back and played, recorded and mixed everything and it turns out to be this awesome monstrosity that's more than the sum of it's parts.

Time... I just make the time. if I wasn't doing this then the only 2 other things I would be doing is painting or cruising the internet. and usually during the week I don't care as much to paint and I don't mind cutting out a few hours of internet frrtin.

mattp
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:03 pm 

HeirToRuin wrote:
I've been a drummer for over 20 years... currently play for 2 bands local to Augusta, Georgia.

New music by each...

L.i.E. (extreme prog-influenced melodic metal)
http://liemusic.bandcamp.com

ARTEMIA (fusion of metal, progressive, and soul but also not afraid to abandon these styles and do straight up hip-hop and electronica)
http://artemia.bandcamp.com

Nice! If you want another band to play with in Athens/Augusta/Atlanta, let me know. My band Space Vikings is always looking for gigs.

Duisterling
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:33 pm 

Had a few good rehearsals, finished writing some sections for drums and bass, and finished some lyrics. I'm looking forward to the upcoming recording- and rehearsal sessions.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:06 pm 

recorded drums and wrote 2 songs today.

did bass for 3 other tracks.

i feel good.

SoulsInferno
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:42 pm 

I think I'm going to finish that project I started with droney acoustic shit, hoping some of you guys might be interested.

http://fidesinferno.bandcamp.com/

https://vacuusdoom.bandcamp.com/

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 10:13 pm 

recorded guitar tracks for 3 songs today.

also jammed with a friend for a couple of hours.

Dark Belial
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 10:34 pm 

Playin' a gig tomorrow; just finished up our 3-track demo for our entrance to a Battle Of The Bands, and we're giving that out for free at the gig; and we're working on two new songs, with the extremely stereotypical titles of Thunderstorm and Quarantine.
So, we're doing fairly well, I'd say.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 4:37 pm 

wrote a song today and also went on and recorded bass and guitar for 3 tracks included this song.

these 3 really whipped my ass today for some reason. I think it was from being tired this morning from all the things that didn't go my way before i got to my shed to record and write.

hopefully tmwr goes better.

Evil_Obsidian
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:15 am 

Just uploaded a new song to Youtube:
http://youtu.be/UUCTbJ7qN3k
It's from a 3 track promo we recorded and mixed ourselves, with a view to shopping around for a label.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:18 am 

it sounds very good. much more melodic than i expected it to be. you should've turned them guitars up more though. They are almost getting drowned out by the kick and vocals.

Bonged
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:07 am 

My band is recording a tape tomorrow, playing at least 3 shows in the next 2 months and then doing a 5 day tour in August. If you live on the upper east coast come see us so we can kick your ass.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 2:49 pm 

wrote 3 songs today, recorded drums to them.

recorded drums for 3 other songs written the other night

recorded vocals for 5 songs that I recorded originally back in Dec.

Arkhane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 4:54 pm 

been working on a bathory cover.... one of the only covers i'll ever do, and i really hope i do it justice. twilight of the gods.

the drums are done, bass, vocals, keys, vocal effects, and rhythm guitar, but my toggle is out and can only work on the rhythm pickup so i can't do the solo right now.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:56 pm 

cool deal, I'm going to go on and start mixing down a bunch of the shit I was basically preparing for the mix. Like cleaning up the drum tracks, making the kicks consistent and all that. Might start doing the pre-stuff for the stuff i recorded today.

Det_Morkettall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:23 pm 

I've been trying to figure out how to play Bathory's Armaggedon on guitar, bass and drums in order to cover the song and put it on a record. So far, the production quality is making this hard to do. I can't tell if Quorthon's chugging palm muted E's, playing them in a rhythm, or tremolo picking.

Also been writing a new song that I'm liking a lot! I see what you mean by "my own biggest fan" SLK. When you enjoy the music you write, you always want to play it.

Bonged
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:38 pm 

Or you could write your own music? Not to be a jerk, but its a real amateur thing to cover songs. I feel covers should only be done live.

Det_Morkettall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:35 pm 

That's fine, only I view things a bit differently. Have you read the rest of my post? I'm only covering one song, and have been writing other music of my own as well.

Dark Belial
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:52 pm 

A cover here and there isn't bad, and people love it when you cover songs they like but with your own spin on it.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:42 pm 

Det_Morkettall wrote:
Also been writing a new song that I'm liking a lot! I see what you mean by "my own biggest fan" SLK. When you enjoy the music you write, you always want to play it.

yea that's the way to go, that way the music and ideas just flow freely.

SoulsInferno
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:33 am 

I was blasting Draug the other day driving home, it was glorious.

http://fidesinferno.bandcamp.com/

https://vacuusdoom.bandcamp.com/

OldManMetal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:39 am 

Am planning on a three song demo. I'm handling bass/vocals and have got two guitarist friends of mine lined up for rhythm and lead work. Drums will be a problem. One of the guitar players is actually a drummer with about 20 years of experience who can do some serious high speed work (i've been in a couple of warp speed bands with him) but his kit is lacking for what i'm looking for.

Perhaps since it's just a demo, i shouldn't worry about things like that.

Napero wrote:
We can't possibly know. Genetics is my guess, or possibly drinking water that lacks minerals essential to the brain.

MaloRiN
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:06 am 

Writing lyrics, training vocals and preparing for our first gig ever. Why on earth the only member of the band to be concerned about this is the solo guitarist... glad we both move to another city after the gig, maybe we'll find more dedicated band members there

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:38 am 

SoulsInferno wrote:
I was blasting Draug the other day driving home, it was glorious.

awesome!! i've written and recorded 15 more songs for splits. I have to just lay down the vocals for them.

soul_schizm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:00 am 

Taking my guitars out of mothballs and starting to play again :)

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:07 am 

My band just had our last show yesterday night. it went pretty well, I think my guitr playing was better than a lot of the live gigs i've done. Sad to see my band members leave, but they infuriate me half the time anyway. Good riddance, and they'll be missed. We may have found a new bassist at the show, and i know a guy know who might be interested in doing drums for us. So maybe not our last show after all. I can't even image what we're going to sound like without our old drummer. His style was very unique. Oh well, either way, on to bigger and better things.

The_Beast_In_Black wrote:
I touch ladies all the time.
Ladies can't get enough of my touchings

Det_Morkettall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:17 pm 

Could possibly be recording ambient tracks this weekend in a large expanse of forest up north. I'm going to use these ambient clips in my full length which SHOULD be released not too long after the demo. Hell, I might not even release the demo at all now.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:13 pm 

jammed with some guys today for a band. something like a high on fire/sourvein thing with the two songs and handful of riffs the guitarist has. Pretty nice.

Going to write for a different project tonight and jam with some other people this sat to see if they can even play it to my satisfation.

thomash
Metal Philosopher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:27 pm 

Since January or February of this year I've been playing with Mortal Mess, a thrash metal band formed just last year. We've just finished a few busy weeks playing a couple shows and finishing a demo.

With the comparative free time of the next few weeks, we're going to be writing some new material which means that I've been writing up a storm of lyrics. Unfortunately, I can't contribute as much to the musical composition as much as I would like since I don't play guitar. I do have moments at practice when I insistently try to hum out a riff or something that I think the other guys should be doing but I really wish I had at least a cursory knowledge of guitar or tablature.

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:26 pm 

Thinking about building myself a nice telecaster. Coveting the bigsby tremolo very veyr much, maybe some hotrails for the pickups....oh yeah. this could be nice.

The_Beast_In_Black wrote:
I touch ladies all the time.
Ladies can't get enough of my touchings

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:46 pm 

My bands been busy recording on our second album, which I'm pretty excited for. I was really proud of the first one and I think this one will be even better.

Other than that, been writing for my atmospheric black metal project. Oh, and trying to name it too. I'm fine coming up with album or song titles, but I hate trying to name a band.

Duisterling
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:56 pm 

CorpseFister wrote:
Other than that, been writing for my atmospheric black metal project. Oh, and trying to name it too. I'm fine coming up with album or song titles, but I hate trying to name a band.

That's a real bitch indeed. I've been thinking and researching for weeks now for one particular project. It's currently called Malus Vir, but that's a ridiculous band name and doesn't fit the concept. We just use it as a nickname to converse more easily about it. I'll come across something sooner or later and I'm sure that'll happen to you too. What concept do you work with for your project?

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:15 pm 

I’ve been trying to come up with something related to altered states of consciousness, but I’m finding a lot of stuff is taken. For some reason I’m also somewhat fixated on the sounds of ‘Dys’ and ‘Dro’ so I’ve been playing around combining those with different words.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:25 pm 

I'm going to be playing live and studio drums for a somewhat comedic gothic rock band from Massachusetts called Pandora's Toybox. The recording sessions will take place over the next month or so.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

nex666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:53 pm 

Writing a Doom filled Black Metal piece.

OldManMetal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:19 am 

Am going out for some new strings and cables tommorrow as well as putting together some rudimentary click tracks.

Napero wrote:
We can't possibly know. Genetics is my guess, or possibly drinking water that lacks minerals essential to the brain.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 185  Next