Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:52 am 

SweetSilence wrote:
Just learned Frantic Disembowelment on guitar!!! So proud! Only riff I have trouble with is the really fast chord-sliding one. What should I learn next? Don't really care what genre, would prefer (tech)death metal but I don't care as long as it's not slow.

Dude, learn something off Braindrill's Quantum Catastrophe, post a youtube vid of yourself playing it, and I will mail you a check for $6.66. My checks are good, ask anyone!!!!!!!!1

The_Beast_In_Black wrote:
I touch ladies all the time.
Ladies can't get enough of my touchings

SoulsInferno
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:18 pm 

anathematized_one wrote:
Me, I'm working on 12 active musical projects.

Everyone hates all of them for various reasons. They hate some because they think the songs aren't serious, when they totally are. They hate others because of all this stupid bullshit it is not even funny.

...stuff...

So, fuck it.

I didn't see the comedy in Brutal Jackalope Attack with a Unicorn, the lyrics bring to mind someone with turrets syndrome.
First of all I think people have to earn the right to be humorous, you don't just label something like that and then expect people
to understand your point of view on how funny it is. Let other people tell you it's funny first, and then you can try to fit more
lyrics/songs into a similar vein. However, if you like it and hardly anybody else does, then consider not making that music for other
people, just do it for yourself and then try some other style. Just make the music, let others evaluate it before you do.
What is your most serious project?

http://fidesinferno.bandcamp.com/

https://vacuusdoom.bandcamp.com/

mattp
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:27 pm 

Turret's syndrome?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz2_NkyTv8E

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:32 pm 

...it's Tourette's syndrome. :annoyed:

The_Beast_In_Black wrote:
I touch ladies all the time.
Ladies can't get enough of my touchings

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 4:19 pm 

CorpseFister wrote:
ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
one will be tape as well, the other... is still up in the air in discussions.

Fucking tapes! Its an obsolete medium with no redeeming factors whatsoever. Other than nostalgia I suppose, but I junked my last tape player in like 1997. Anyway, I dig the music, I'll be checking it out if it's available in any other format.

You know I feel the exact same way, I'm basically releasing the stuff on tape because it was the first person interested and this is what they felt comfortable in doing. So since I'm not paying for it... I don't have huge issues with it. Hell i have a bunch of tapes I haven't listened to including my own releases.

anyway recorded fully all the instrments for 4 additional Draug songs for another split. the 3 i wrote last night and one I wrote this morning.

also scratched out guitar and played drums to the other dm song i wrote last night.

anathematized_one, humor is a personal thing. Not everyone is going to enjoy or find what you do is funny. If you enjoy it, then do it. Otherwise don't go into a cryfit over it, that alone guarantees I won't be check out anything else in the future. you are too high strung for social interaction.

anathematized_one
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 4:38 pm 

SoulsInferno wrote:
anathematized_one wrote:
Me, I'm working on 12 active musical projects.

Everyone hates all of them for various reasons. They hate some because they think the songs aren't serious, when they totally are. They hate others because of all this stupid bullshit it is not even funny.

...stuff...

So, fuck it.

I didn't see the comedy in Brutal Jackalope Attack with a Unicorn, the lyrics bring to mind someone with turrets syndrome.
First of all I think people have to earn the right to be humorous, you don't just label something like that and then expect people
to understand your point of view on how funny it is. Let other people tell you it's funny first, and then you can try to fit more
lyrics/songs into a similar vein. However, if you like it and hardly anybody else does, then consider not making that music for other
people, just do it for yourself and then try some other style. Just make the music, let others evaluate it before you do.
What is your most serious project?

Does anyone even read what I say?

I think I said about 900 times that Brutal Jackalope... is not a comedic project and not meant to be funny. There is not a single comedy song in it. Not even the song about Charlie Sheen ("Winning") is meant to be funny.

I said the first verse to the song "Insane" is meant to be "light-hearted" (not funny) because the rest of the song is going to be really heavy in imagery and things that just generally aren't easy for anyone to deal with.

And right now my most serious project is probably Sardonic Art (also in my signature). People will probably see the "Sailor Moon" theme song anime cover and think that project is a joke too just based on that but whatever.

Anyway, I never once labeled BJAwU as funny, I even tried to say it wasn't funny and not meant to be taken as funny because that's the first thing people said about it.

You see, I'm not high-strung because not many people like my music. I don't care if they like it or not. I'm high-strung because nobody pays attention or listens to a single thing I say, ever. I present an idea and they make a ton of inferences about it and assumptions that are wrong. Then, instead of asking about these things, they assume that's the way it is, then bash me on it. They don't, you know, say what they think their opinion is and why, they just bash.

So if you want another example of why I am high strung, read my long response post to Matt Parsons in my thread about figuring out the ATHF Carl "I Wanna Rock Your Body ('Til the Break of Dawn)" thread thing.

If you notice, I did have people go into the BJAwU thread and tell me they didn't like it, it wasn't their style. One guy even said that it sounded like generic avant-garde to him. I never once freaked on him. He stated what he thought of it and why and how things appeared to him, in a non-dickhead bashing way, without making a bunch of baseless assumptions and accusations about anything.

I almost wanted to go off on you because you just now did the same thing, even though I have clearly and expressly stated more than once that BJAwU is not meant to be funny or comedic in anyway, yet you're saying that I said it was supposed to be funny and saying that I tried to justify why it was funny? That never happened, ever.

triggerhappy wrote:
anathematized_one, have you ever made a post less than 20 lines long?

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:13 pm 

yea that's just terrible. :roll:

anathematized_one
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:37 pm 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:

Exactly, this is what I mean.

Rolling your eyes.

Never mind, I'm not even going to bother.

triggerhappy wrote:
anathematized_one, have you ever made a post less than 20 lines long?

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 6:02 pm 

When you react like that you will get much more of that. So it's probably best that you don't.

triggerhappy
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:06 pm 

Yeah when you're a musician you need to deal with this kind of stuff. Listeners make assumptions all the time.
That's all Crick's iPod accepts. GB = Gargobytes.

SoulsInferno
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:24 pm 

anathematized_one wrote:
Does anyone even read what I say?

Damn, I wrote just after I woke up, sorry I was way off. I couldn't tell which projects you were referring to, I kind of skimmed your Brutal Jackalope thread because you write an awful lot in each post and I must have missed everything important.

It made sense to me because I can't take anything with unicorns in it seriously... sorry bro.

Also yes, Tourettes... at least I spelled 'your' right.

http://fidesinferno.bandcamp.com/

https://vacuusdoom.bandcamp.com/

nex666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:14 pm 

At the moment I'm trying to actually make something I think is good. It all fucking sucks. It's been like this for too long

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:30 pm 

Whenever that happens to me I change the creative process to get back on track, like collaborating with someone, using a different instrument, or doing a completely different genre.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:00 pm 

wrote 3 songs this evening. should be tracking drums tmwr.

Evil_Obsidian
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:10 am 

Just finished a tour with Rotting Christ in Eastern Europe.
Back to song writing for the 3rd album as of this coming Saturday.

triggerhappy
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:47 am 

Evil_Obsidian wrote:

Wow, must've been an honour! Pardon me for not knowing, but what's your band?

Evil_Obsidian
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:35 pm 

triggerhappy wrote:
Evil_Obsidian wrote:

Wow, must've been an honour! Pardon me for not knowing, but what's your band?

It was. Rotting Christ are legends, and really nice guys too.
I'm in an unknown death metal band called De Profundis. Nobody gives a shit about us, which is their loss.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:20 pm 

I'll take a listen... do you happen to sound like Vader? Cause I'm going to be disappointed if you don't.

over the last 2 days. wrote and recorded the drums to 6 more songs. so 3 a day.

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:03 pm 

I've been spending some quality time with my Hammond organ the past few days- it's a wonderful instrument. I tried to do a bit of recording last night and had some difficulty as it produces a fair bit of running noise. Gonna look into work-arounds tonight. Plus I think it might need oil replacement but I can't figure out how to be sure, so that's another thing to look into.

kingnuuuur
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:27 am 

I've been toying with an extraordinary idea for a month or so, debating whether it's feasible with the tools I have or if I should just forget about it for a while. It seems I'm missing the proper subwoofer, so it'll have to wait for a couple of months.

nex666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:59 am 

Infrasonics?

Some headphones do them, no speaker/subwoofers do. You have to get a special sub that uses shitloads of power and costs..well a fairly large sum. But that could not be what you're talking about either way haha

kingnuuuur
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:13 am 

Not infrasonics, but the nature of the music requires a great deal of bottom end that I can't monitor with my speakers.

In any case, I'm pretty excited for it. The sheer scope of it is like nothing I've ever done before.

Evil_Obsidian
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:06 am 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
I'll take a listen... do you happen to sound like Vader? Cause I'm going to be disappointed if you don't.

Prepare to be disappointed. We took our name from an Abruptum song although we don't sound like them either. If you can still be bothered, here's a link to some music:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/deprofundist ... 8091127385

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 6:50 am 

I'll be bothered to check it this evening. hopefully it'll play for me since I don't have a facebook account and don't really browse there....ever

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:04 am 

anathematized_one wrote:
Brutal Jackalope... is not a comedic project and not meant to be funny. There is not a single comedy song in it. Not even the song about Charlie Sheen ("Winning") is meant to be funny.

I will preface this by saying I have not listened to your music, nor do I care what it sounds like, but I do support people playing the music that they enjoy/makes them happy regardless of whether I think it's worth a shit or not... but naming your band Brutal Jackalope Attack with Unicorn and then getting upset when people don't realize it's supposed to be a serious band seems pretty ridiculous.
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

Sadr_mordvig
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:46 am 

CorpseFister wrote:
I've been spending some quality time with my Hammond organ the past few days-

i envy you so much :D hammond organ is one of the nicest sounding instruments i ever heard

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:53 pm 

Yeah, it’s definitely one of my prized possessions. I have a Hammond M3, which I got from the original owner in really good condition. Unfortunately I don’t have a good Leslie speaker to match. I’ve been keeping my eye out since I got the organ, but they can get expensive for a good one. One day when I’ve got some extra cash though!

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:20 pm 

ol boy in 54R came in and did vocals for 3 tracks.

bout time

FroMagnum
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:59 pm 

Currently I'm involved in 3 projects.

My main band is a thrash band by the name of Decay. We're finishing up a promo release which we hope to send to some review sites, web zines, etc. and pass out for free at shows and all that. Here's two songs off the promo; if anyone finds it worthwhile then hit me up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKBw-zIF_wE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtd2vKJS ... re=related

The other band I'm involved in, October Flame, is an atmospheric black metal band with some doom influences. We have a split with Morgh that's supposed to be coming out soon. Its been delayed a few times due to production issues and such. We're also working on a rehearsal demo for some new songs.

And finally my one-man black metal/punk band Radiation Sickness is still in the song writing stage. Planning on releasing a full length album once I get everything together. Probably gonna be awhile. Also gonna be playing live with this band at exclusive shows only.

triggerhappy
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:48 am 

Evil_Obsidian wrote:
ShaolinLambKiller wrote:

Prepare to be disappointed. We took our name from an Abruptum song although we don't sound like them either. If you can still be bothered, here's a link to some music:

Great music! Very atmospheric; I thoroughly enjoyed Nocturnal Splendour. Also, the use of fretless bass is a huge plus in my book! :D

Evil_Obsidian
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:18 am 

triggerhappy wrote:
Evil_Obsidian wrote:

Great music! Very atmospheric; I thoroughly enjoyed Nocturnal Splendour. Also, the use of fretless bass is a huge plus in my book! :D

Thanks for taking the time to listen. Glad you liked what you heard.

LordOminous
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 2:58 pm 

Just released my band's music video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggyC0FOzqHM), now waiting to get the album out and to tour the world. Might start working on some stupid side project...

SweetSilence
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 5:05 pm 

Gelseth_Andrano wrote:
SweetSilence wrote:
Just learned Frantic Disembowelment on guitar!!! So proud! Only riff I have trouble with is the really fast chord-sliding one. What should I learn next? Don't really care what genre, would prefer (tech)death metal but I don't care as long as it's not slow.

Dude, learn something off Braindrill's Quantum Catastrophe, post a youtube vid of yourself playing it, and I will mail you a check for $6.66. My checks are good, ask anyone!!!!!!!!1

Alright, but it could take awhile seeing as I'm going to have to learn it by ear. Any song in particular?

Det_Morkettall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 5:36 pm 

anathematized_one wrote:
ShaolinLambKiller wrote:

Never mind, I'm not even going to bother.

Good. Don't. You want all the fame and recognition in your musical projects without any of the work. If people dislike your music, fuck them, and take their advice and make your music better. I'm sick of your negative quitter attitude and your constant complaints about your musical prowess. If you think you're that bad then practice and make yourself better. It's that simple.

/rant.

I've been editing various pieces of music I've written over the past 6 months. A lot of them really blow, but now that I'm injecting new life and influence into them (and making the songs less monotonous) they're turning out to be pretty good.

Lol

nex666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:40 pm 

LordOminous wrote:
Just released my band's music video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggyC0FOzqHM), now waiting to get the album out and to tour the world. Might start working on some stupid side project...

Hahaha, nice touch with the midget. You guys just played in NZ right? You probably met some people I know, not my kind of thing personally but good on you, all my friends said they really enjoyed it.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:53 pm 

Recorded bass for 6 tracks.

mixed some more drums tonight.

more recording tmwr.

LordOminous
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 2:25 am 

nex666 wrote:
LordOminous wrote:

Hahaha, nice touch with the midget. You guys just played in NZ right? You probably met some people I know, not my kind of thing personally but good on you, all my friends said they really enjoyed it.

Yeah, just had a great show in Auckland. Love that place. I'm told it's a pretty tight-knit scene down there, so I guess some of the people I met probably knew you. Far too many guys dressed as pirates for my liking though...

triggerhappy
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 10:17 am 

SweetSilence wrote:
Alright, but it could take awhile seeing as I'm going to have to learn it by ear. Any song in particular?

I vote for Beyond Bludgeoned or Mercy to None! Mercy to None in particular has a melodic sweep section which sounds amazing.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 5:03 pm 

recorded guitars for the 6 songs I wrote and been working on last week.

went on and wrote and recorded 3 songs for this other project that has a split coming out in a few months.

OldManMetal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:26 pm 

Am totally fired up by that Design The Skyline fiasco.

I've pretty much ditched what i was doing, which was something of a cross between Flipper and Gallhammer. Instead, it's time to go back to the basics and the classic sounds. No fretboard wankery, pig squels or any of that shit. Just early 90s Death Metal with a heavy Swedish influence. Nothing overly fancy, just a wall of detuned buzzsaws backed with some pounding drums.

I really, REALLY want to gig with scene bands.

Napero wrote:
We can't possibly know. Genetics is my guess, or possibly drinking water that lacks minerals essential to the brain.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 185  Next