Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
UnlockTheAbyss
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 5:18 pm 

[Update] - new video now online for "Stench Of Impudicus"! Album release had been delayed due to the strange disappearance of the record label, but will now be released by Iron, Blood and Death Corp! Pre-order here: https://ironbloodanddeath.bandcamp.com/album/scream-bloody-spore

Hi all, just sharing a lyric video for "Devoured By Hypomyces", a track from the upcoming MYCELIUM debut album "Scream Bloody Spore". Scottish death metal inspired by the world of fungi!

With the debut album "Scream Bloody Spore", Mycelium takes the listener on a forage through some of mycology's darkest inhabitants, mixing the mystique and ambience of these evanescent organisms with harsh, yet memorable, aural brutality. With lyrics rooted in science and nature, yet extending into a world of horror and death, "Scream Bloody Spore" is at times as educational as it is macabre. The dark journey through fungi such as the Destroying Angel and the Funeral Bell is further enhanced by spectacular artwork created by Slovakian maestro Dávid Glomba [Ascension, Teitanblood].

:metal: :headbang:

Last edited by UnlockTheAbyss on Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:39 am, edited 4 times in total.
UnlockTheAbyss
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:20 pm 

Bump! Album out next week!

Waelo
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:54 am 

Actually I did my PhD on Dark Septate Endophytes and I thought about producing metal related to Plant-Fungus interactions... U guys roughly did it...
But I find it offensive that its chosen for such Death Metal you are making cute fungi sound evil XD

UnlockTheAbyss
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:35 am 

Waelo wrote:
Actually I did my PhD on Dark Septate Endophytes and I thought about producing metal related to Plant-Fungus interactions... U guys roughly did it...
But I find it offensive that its chosen for such Death Metal you are making cute fungi sound evil XD

What an awesome PhD man, well done!
I've left the cute fungi alone... the marasmius rotulas and the little edulis buttons. But there's no making phallus impudicus cute ;-)

UnlockTheAbyss
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:36 am 

BUMP - album out soon, new video now online! Check it out! :puke:

Reply to topic