Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:24 am 

Spam promote your: band, label, distro, blog, reviews, artwork etc in here [although better places for reviews are around]

- If you wish you can cross post your trade lists in here too but they will get buried.
- Create as many threads in here as you like, bump them as often as you like, get it out of your system :nods:
- One thread per band or album - no worries
- No NSBM, RAC, Hatecore, etc. music that uses the platform to push a bigoted, racist, xenophobic, homophobic etc. agenda.

Actual spam should be reported so I can unmercifully ban them.

Any questions?

Last edited by hakarl on Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Added note about NSBM/RAC/etc.

NEVAI
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:34 pm 

heya, NN here.
just submitted a promo for my new album.
it's called <<ESOTERIK NAZISM>> but is not race-related at all, it's an HM/OCCULT ROCK visual album.
just wanted to make that clear.
see you in Port Pegasus i hope.

backwards
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:21 am 

"Spam promote your: band, label, distro, blog, reviews, artwork".......and Innovations?

lmn
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:26 am 

Hello! I tried to start a new topic last week but it still hasn't appeared on this Promotional Forum. It was mentioned that new topics go through an admin check so I'm wondering if there's a problem of some sort?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:58 am 

lmn wrote:
Hello! I tried to start a new topic last week but it still hasn't appeared on this Promotional Forum. It was mentioned that new topics go through an admin check so I'm wondering if there's a problem of some sort?

It has been approved since. Usually new posts and threads are dealt with relatively quickly, but sometimes things pile up. Don't worry, only the first two posts need to go through that process. It's primarily meant to filter out spam bots.

lmn
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:24 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
It has been approved since. Usually new posts and threads are dealt with relatively quickly, but sometimes things pile up. Don't worry, only the first two posts need to go through that process. It's primarily meant to filter out spam bots.

Okay, thanks for the information! Topic seems to be up and running now.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:39 pm 

Added a rule to the original post:

- No NSBM, RAC, Hatecore, etc. music that uses the platform to push a bigoted, racist, xenophobic, homophobic etc. agenda.

This policy has technically been in place all along, but it has not been explicitly written down, although it shouldn't come as a surprise that Metal Archives does not involve itself or provide a platform for the promotion of bigoted propaganda.

Timeghoul
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:55 pm 

I am trying to get a horror movie channel going on Youtube. I know its been done a million times. I'm trying to put own spin on it, reviews if I can really get it going. Is it ok to advertise it here? I don't keep up anything that comes up as copyrighted.

Quote:
Now for a higher level song like Moth Into Flame. I specifically remember getting in trouble at school for hearing this the day it was released for having my phone out and then defiantly saying to my teacher Fuck off Im listening to a new Metallica song

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:22 am 

Timeghoul wrote:
I am trying to get a horror movie channel going on Youtube. I know its been done a million times. I'm trying to put own spin on it, reviews if I can really get it going. Is it ok to advertise it here? I don't keep up anything that comes up as copyrighted.

Metal only.

Timeghoul
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:29 am 

Ilwhyan wrote:
Timeghoul wrote:

Metal only.
Thank you.

Quote:
Now for a higher level song like Moth Into Flame. I specifically remember getting in trouble at school for hearing this the day it was released for having my phone out and then defiantly saying to my teacher Fuck off Im listening to a new Metallica song

sagenro
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:21 pm 

why are my posts constantly deleted? I posted a label that doesn't break the rules.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:02 am 

New users have to wait for pist approval as a way to combat spambots

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

__MULLIGANACEOUS__
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:29 pm 

Does the album or band has to be my band, or can it be someone elses?

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:55 am 

__MULLIGANACEOUS__ wrote:
Does the album or band has to be my band, or can it be someone elses?

Doesn't have to be yours.

EzraBlumenfeld
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:25 pm 

Can I post shirts that my band is selling?

BEGRAVEMENT - 'Horrific Illusions Beckon' out now!

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:42 am 

EzraBlumenfeld wrote:
Can I post shirts that my band is selling?

If you have a thread for your band here, you can use that to post updates about merch etc. If you don't have one yet, feel free to make one, and post there. So, yes is the answer. :D

Eternal_sunset
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:29 pm 

Hello there. I'd like to make a post about a new album that already prominent artists (such as Timo Tolkki) and bands have been working on. In my post not only I give a brief introduction, but I also want to include the tracklist with all the artists involved and leave some links (non-commercial stuff, just Facebook and a homepage). The thing is that I want to discuss about it, know what other people think about it, but when I thought a little more about the post, I noticed that I might be promoting the album. So I'm confused on whether I should submit my post here in the Promotional Forum or in Metal Discution. What should I do?

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:16 am 

Eternal_sunset wrote:
Hello there. I'd like to make a post about a new album that already prominent artists (such as Timo Tolkki) and bands have been working on. In my post not only I give a brief introduction, but I also want to include the tracklist with all the artists involved and leave some links (non-commercial stuff, just Facebook and a homepage). The thing is that I want to discuss about it, know what other people think about it, but when I thought a little more about the post, I noticed that I might be promoting the album. So I'm confused on whether I should submit my post here in the Promotional Forum or in Metal Discution. What should I do?

If you want to discuss a metal album featuring well-known musicians, it's definitely for Metal Discussion forum. I understand that making that thread is likely to bring that album to the attention of people who wouldn't have heard of it otherwise, and therefore can help promote it, but that's not a problem. We only take issue when someone pretends to want to discuss some obscure band they're involved with themselves, and are actually just trying to pass off self-promotion as discussion.

Eternal_sunset
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:00 am 

Ilwhyan wrote:
If you want to discuss a metal album featuring well-known musicians, it's definitely for Metal Discussion forum. I understand that making that thread is likely to bring that album to the attention of people who wouldn't have heard of it otherwise, and therefore can help promote it, but that's not a problem. We only take issue when someone pretends to want to discuss some obscure band they're involved with themselves, and are actually just trying to pass off self-promotion as discussion.

Alright, thank you very much!

iwanruby
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:46 pm 

is it allowed to copy articles from a site that reviews my band to be posted here? and if allowed, should I always use English, or should I translate it into English first?

ASASARA
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:45 am 

Hey I recently submitted something but it hasn't shown up, I tried to make sure to follow the guidelines - can an admin PM me if I made an error? Thank you!

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:04 pm 

ASASARA wrote:
Hey I recently submitted something but it hasn't shown up, I tried to make sure to follow the guidelines - can an admin PM me if I made an error? Thank you!

Unfortunately we have to review new post submissions by new users, and that can sometimes take some time (as things run on a volunteer basis). Your post has been approved now!

Buttnuts420
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:11 pm 

Hi there. I put up a post a couple days ago but it hasn't been approved. Is that not gonna be put up or you just haven't got to it yet? Thanks.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:17 pm 

Buttnuts420 wrote:
Hi there. I put up a post a couple days ago but it hasn't been approved. Is that not gonna be put up or you just haven't got to it yet? Thanks.

Sometimes it can take a couple of days, unfortunately. If you're lucky it can be quite fast. Anyway, after two approved posts, you're free to post without the whole approval thing. It's because we have to deal with a lot of spambots nowadays, sadly.

If your post isn't going to be put up, i.e. it's rejected, there should usually be a rejection message for you that explains why it wasn't accepted.

Buttnuts420
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:04 am 

Ilwhyan wrote:
Buttnuts420 wrote:

Sometimes it can take a couple of days, unfortunately. If you're lucky it can be quite fast. Anyway, after two approved posts, you're free to post without the whole approval thing. It's because we have to deal with a lot of spambots nowadays, sadly.

If your post isn't going to be put up, i.e. it's rejected, there should usually be a rejection message for you that explains why it wasn't accepted.

Cool. It's up now. Thanks.

Reply to topic