Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
gabalgabow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:21 am 

Old school death metal from France and Chile!

SILURE is a new coming hope for the french Death metal scene, their style is at the corner between the old school and more obscure styles.
Listen: https://youtu.be/I7tACyvSo7o

FERETRO hails from Chile, already have a handful of demos and Eps in their discography, and their style is very close to the early 90's Death metal, when the genre was quite close to thrash.
Listen: https://youtu.be/Y2SJ3qCWVpg

This is a black tape with sticker, and pro cover.

Available against 3,90 € + postage from NIHILISTIC HOLOCAUST:
https://nihilistic-webzine-distro.fr/We ... nihilistic

or from Bandcamp:
https://nihilisticholocaustrecs.bandcam ... split-tape

http://nihilistic-webzine-distro.fr

gabalgabow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:36 pm 

Hello,
The split tape is also available on Discogs:
https://www.discogs.com/fr/SILURE-2-Fer ... e/15438063

Trades are possible,
Labels/ distro get in touch!

gabalgabow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:03 am 

gabalgabow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:38 am 

Here’s an interview of SILURE from CABALE Webzine (France)

https://www.facebook.com/notes/cabale/s ... 058263645/

Déflagration Abyssale & Pestilentielle

HeathenHordes
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:54 am 

Really good release this. Highly recommended. Here is my review.

https://heathenhordeszine.blogspot.com/2020/06/review-silure-feretro-split-french.html

gabalgabow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:39 am 

HeathenHordes wrote:
Really good release this. Highly recommended. Here is my review.

https://heathenhordeszine.blogspot.com/2020/06/review-silure-feretro-split-french.html

Thanks for the support!

gabalgabow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:19 am 

The reviews of the split tape start to appear!
Get your copy before it's too late!

HEATHEN HORDES Webzine
French and Chilean death metal collide in this split release as Silure [Fra] and Feretro [Chi] are brought together for a cassette release through French label Nihilistic Holocaust.
Opening with four tracks of old school death metal savagery are Silure, who open proceedings with the rhythmic drums beats leading to to mid paced crushing riffs of 'Le Saut de L'ange', which quickly devolves into a punishing bombardment of writhing death metal fury. This track, far from being just an all out blitzkrieg instead swells like the sea during a storm, riffs rising and falling like an intake and release of breath. Of a more brutal nature, 'Oxydent' has a more straight to the point style featuring more abrasive vocal work and a powerful drumming display, whilst 'Milk' brings Silure's tenure to a close with a short, bass heavy blast of barbarity, like an armour plated killing machine against flesh and bone!
One thing I've always disliked about split releases is when the two bands have wildly different production quality. Wonderfully, as Feretro kick into 'Primordial Ceremony' it becomes quickly apparent that both bands have hit the same high standard! Feretro have a slower style that I prefer, kicking into high gear for short blasts and creating a truly blackened, menacing atmosphere. With a mixture of catchy rolling riffs combined with more urgent, technical licks, deep rumbling vocals and efficient, powerful displays on both bass and drums, Feretro are a class act and one whose twelve year tenure on the scene has clearly honed their talent as both musicians and song writers wonderfully. More of the same from 'Cemetery Rite' but with some excellent individual guitar work whilst 'Demons of Fire' starts with a far more frantic, relentless edge before sliding effortlessly into more slower, ominous sounding moods. Climaxing with the evil sounding 'Keep on Vomiting Pain', Fetetro bring to a close a very tidy little split release featuring two very good bands, both with their own style and high production values. The cassette release from Nihilistic Holocaust looks superb too and is a must own! [7.5 out of 10]
https://heathenhordeszine.blogspot.com/ ... rench.html

GRIZZLY BUTTS Webzine
The latest release from revered French metal scene supporters comes as a split cassette tape featuring two very limited releases from lesser known death metal bands. The first side is from French death metal solo project Silure which is spearheaded by M-Kha whom you should recognize as the man behind post-black metal band Aodon. His side of the split includes the three song ‘Route de Troche’ demo from 2019 showcasing a brutal, ranting form of death metal that sounds like it might lean towards Mithras a bit if it were polished and produced. The S.O.D. cover doesn’t do much for me but this is a solid enough introduction to Silure‘s sound, which leans into progressive feeling atmospherics as often as it does classic USDM heaviness.
The other side is a set of demo tracks originally compiled in 2018 by Chilean death metal band Feretro for a promotional tape which includes two songs from a 2012 promo demo and two more from 2017, it is essentially their best songs pre-‘Deathsolation’ EP in 2019. These guys are a bit more tightly wound and focused on pure garage-crashing old school death metal I’d liken their sound on the first half to early Sentenced or Therion, crushed-out riffs with some Autopsy-esque pace changes with fairly simple song structures otherwise. The second half is clearly five years removed from Feretro‘s beginnings where the render and the guitar work take a grand leap in quality. It is cool to see the evolution of the band over the years, and I love “Cemetery Rites”, but I was more inspired by the newer songs, they whip more ass and definitely made me want to grab their second EP (hit up Argentina-based Conjuro Records). Solid split tape between two great bands, hope to hear more from each in the future.
https://grizzlybutts.com/2020/06/24/req ... june-2020/

VOICES FROM THE DARKSIDE Webzine
This split tape joins SILURE, a French Black / Death Metal band (whose name is actually a type of catfish for some reason), and Chilean Deathsters FERETRO. SILURE’s side offers their 2019 EP (and only release before this tape), which had only been digitally available, under the title “Route De Troche”. Their total time doesn’t reach ten minutes, including two original songs and a surprising cover of S.O.D.’s ‘Milk’, which is not too far from the original, albeit rather more chaotic (the vocalist hardly ever follows the lyrics outside of the chorus and for the most just makes sounds up). The line-up includes M-Kha of atmospheric Black Metal band AODON. Truth is, I much prefer this band to AODON, even though I only have two original tracks here to judge. Still, from this material, SILURE is a fast-paced Death Metal massacre, with fast drums and permanent aggression, and vocals I have to love for two reasons. First their quality and second, the fact that they remind me a lot of AUTOPSY circa their debut. The guitar sound is aptly distorted and the riffs fit the chaos in a good way, as does the dirty but heavy production. The other side belongs to FERETRO from Chile, with a bit more name to them, having released several demos and EPs in the past dozen years, but equally raw and sepulchral. Their songs had also been previously available, being in this case the two tracks of their promo 2012 (released digitally) and two other songs from their Promo CD-R of 2018. There is a clear development between their earlier material and their later one, with the two final songs especially being great putrid Death Metal of very good quality, with raspy ripping vocals, vicious drumming and some impressive guitar work. Even the tape’s presentation is suitably oldschool, with a black and white illustration of some oriental looking demon with fallen dead around him. If you like old school, dirty, underground Death Metal this great tape is definitely for you.
https://www.voicesfromthedarkside.de/re ... e-feretro/

gabalgabow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:32 pm 

Many more reviews of the SILURE/ FERETRO split tape has appeared... Have a look!

DEFENDERS OF THE FAITH Webzine
When looking at my calendar of releases I have scheduled to review, I noticed the past couple weeks have been pretty sparse. The next couple weeks are looking equally as sparse. I asked myself, “Is there anything out there worth checking out until the new Enuff Z’Nuff drops this Friday?” (not satire). Thankfully, this repulsive little split found its way into my inbox thanks to the good folks at Nihilistic Holocaust. Prior to this review, I had never heard of Silure or Feretro. But as I always say, you never know which band could become your new favorite.
The split begins with Silure. Hailing from France, this band plays early 90s inspired death metal with nods to Morbid Angel and Deicide. There are also black metal undertones, particularly on the opening track, “Le Saut de l’Ange”. “Oxydent” is more straightforward death metal and my favorite of the three tracks. Closing out Silure’s contribution to this split is a deadly take on the S.O.D. classic, “Milk”. I don’t hate it, though I don’t care for it either. Overall, Silure plays by the numbers OSDM which doesn’t do much for me in the long run.
Leave it to Chile’s Feretro to save the day. As soon as the opening riff to “Primordial Ceremony” kicked in, these maniacs had my attention. Imagine if the deadliness of Autopsy collided with the lo-fi aggression of Sarcófago. That’s Feretro for you. “Cemetery Rite” channels early Death with its tormented vocals and nasty riffs. Meanwhile, “Demons of Fire” and “Keep on Vomiting Pain” close Feretro’s contribution in corpse ripping fashion. These songs are violent, thrashy, and bound to tear you limb from limb.
While the Silure / Feretro split will appease old school death metallers of all ages, Feretro wins this death match. If the listener has to ask himself, “Did this come out in 2020 or 1988?”, chances are you’re doing something right. I look forward to exploring the rest of Feretro’s catalog, as well as revisiting Silure in the event they release new music in the future. 6 out of 10

GRINDER MAGAZine (Chile)
Para mí siempre será motivo de alegría y necesario destacar cuando unos compatriotas logran lanzar algo en el extranjero y en este caso FERETRO (Chile) decide hacerlo participando de un Split con SILURE (Francia) generando espacio para que 2 bandas de distintos continentes den a conocer sus trabajo bajo la misma esencia que los reúne, el Death Metal de la vieja escuela.
FERETRO nació el 2005 en la provincia del Bío-Bío empezando a cultivar un death thrash aplastante, directo, denso con hedor a muerte al igual que sus letras. En la actualidad cuentan con el demo “Your Soul to Death…Your Flesh for worms 2011 (el año 2019 fue editado nuevamente en Cdr más algunos bonus). En el año 2012 saca el E.P. “Exhumed Rite of Horrors”, posteriormente re editado en el año 2015 y a finales del 2017 y principios del 2018 graban el E.P. titulado “Deathsolation”; Luego el año 2018 sale un Promo Advance con dos temas el cual finalmente irrumpe la escena el 2019.
SILURE se formó en diciembre de 2017 y en la actualidad cuenta con un solo demo “Route de troche”, envuelto en un death denso donde se nota la influencia de Martin Van Drunnen. El material fue grabado en formato en vivo y por ahí pude leer que ya tienen listo 8 temas para un futuro álbum.
La idea de realizar el Split surgió cuando el sello Nihilistic Holocaust recs/Zine de Francia llegó a un acuerdo con FERETRO para comercializar su último EP, y ahí les proponen hacer un Split bajo su sello con una banda Francesa. La idea les pareció muy atractiva pero no tenían material nuevo, sin embargo, se tomó la decisión de utilizar material antiguo por parte de las dos bandas, y así darse a conocer mutuamente en distintas latitudes.
El Split comienza con Los Franceses y en rigor son los mismos 3 temas de su demo que incluye un cover a S.O.D. con riff lentos, poderosos y descargas desenfrenadas de batería que hacen recordar a Pestilence y Asphyx, a pesar que estos son los únicos temas que se conocen de los franceses es un gran comienzo death metal vieja escuela dejando un buen desafío a nuestros compatriotas.
FERETRO no destiñe, de hecho los 4 temas fueron muy bien escogidos. Son 2 de cada uno de sus Ep. Acá hay riff podridos y veloces que se pasean entre el Death y Thrash con una voz de ultratumba que no dan respiro y que incitan a meterse a un gran mosh.
Esta junta sin duda les traerá beneficios a las 2 bandas y para nosotros también, escuchar 7 temas bajo el brazo del death de la vieja escuela pero con los sellos propios que los diferencian es un verdadero deleite.
La única noticia no tan buena es que por el tema de la pandemia mundial (covid-19) el Split lanzado en formato cassette inicialmente en Francia quizás no llegará tan luego a Chile, así que por mientras a darle play por bandcamp y disfrutar de estos 7 azotes al cráneo..

MARGOTHPDF Webzine:
Amateur de l’underground, voici une petite pépite. Un split fait par Gab nous offrant deux groupes dans une veine old school death. La cassette commence par le groupe Silure (black death), avec sa démo ‘Route de Troche’. Juste qu’il s’agit d’un groupe français. Je ne vais pas refaire la chronique, je vous met le lien de celle-ci ici : www.margothpdf.wixsite.com/margothpdf/silure. Je ne peux que vous déconseiller très fortement de découvrir ce groupe qui défonce sévèrement.
Feretro, le second groupe, nous vient de Los Angeles du Chili et œuvre donc dans la même veine qu’est le death old school. Le groupe nous livre 4 titres d’un brutal death rapide et sombre, dont les deux premiers date de 2012 et les deux autres d’entre 2007 et 2018. Contrairement à Silure, Feretro amène des passages lourds, très malsain, proche du death underground fin 80’s/début 90’s. Le chant est extrêmement gutturale, descend certainement vers les pieds du chanteur. Ici, pas de finesse mais un coté morbide et occulte qui annihile toute possible résistance. Les cervicales vont clairement lâcher (risque de chute de tête). Le groupe impose ainsi parfois un rythme martial, enfonçant le clou dans la brutalité contrôlée.
Une excellent split tape, qui me permet de découvrir un groupe chilien de plus, motivé et qui envoie, avec Silure toute l’industrie de la viande.

FATAL UNDERGROUND Zine
Ist finde es echt ne geile Sache ,wenn sich auch noch heute ,in der ganzen ,mittlerweile immer mehr vom Kommerz verseuchten Metalszene ein paar Leutchen aufmachen ,um sich weit ab von jeglichen Trenddenken ,dem support des Undergrounds zu verschreiben und auch noch echt unbekannten Bands ne Chance geben ,vielleicht auch international mal irgendwie noch nen paar Pluspunkte einzufahren . Das französische Label „ Nihilistic Holocaust Rec.“ war und ist ja in der Hinsicht schon immer verdammt fleißig . Und so hat man dann auch hier zwei Bands auf kultigem Tape verewigt ,welche hier in unserer Ecke sicherlich noch völlig unbekannt sind ,aber ohne Zweifel Potential mit sich bringen ,welches jeden echten old school Death Metaller in so ne richtige Verzückung versetzen kann bzw . wird .Mit immerhin ner Spielzeit von satten 25: 56min versehen ,gibt es dann hier auch für nen kleinen Taler , die volle Dröhnung in Sachen absolut tödlicher old school Mucke,
Die ersten drei Stücke gehören dem französischen Black / Death Metal Soloprojekt SILURE .Gleich beim ersten Song bin ich dann aber erst einmal eher sehr verwundert ,da mich der Beginn doch verdammt stark an „Slayer“ erinnert .Da könnte man echt vermuten ,dass dies irgendwie ne Coverversion werden könnte . Aber nix da ,denn schon nach diesem kurzen Gedankengang geht`s so richtig gut und verdammt flott ,voll in Richtung Death Metal Massaker .Mit Anlehnung an alte „Pestilence“ und „Asphyx“ ,geht`s hier so richtig schön dreckig und vor allem verdammt schwer zu Sache . Schlagzeug und Gitarre geben sich permanent die „Klinke in die Hand“ ,und ziehen fast geradlinig ne Schneise der Verwüstung hinter sich her . Ebenso permanent mit nem enormen Aggressionspotential bestückt ,wütet man am Mikro rum . Hier passt alles super zusammen . Mucke gut ,Gesang gut ,Produktion gut . Was will man mehr ,um dem alten Death Metal Herz noch mal so richtig auf die Sprünge zu helfen !?
In den darauffolgenden 4 Stücke zeigen dann die chilenischen Death Metal Maniacs von "Feretro" ,was man in Sachen musikalischer Unterhaltung alles so drauf hat . Immerhin gibt es die Band ja nun schön bereits seit 2005 . Seit der Zeit hat man auch schon nen ganzen Arsch voll an Veröffentlichungen rausgehauen ,wovon es aber wohl augenscheinlich noch keine bis in unsere europäischen Ecke geschafft hat .Und das ist dann doch schon fast etwas verwunderlich ,denn auch ihre old school Mucke Death Metal Mucke bringt alles mit sich ,was das Herz eines echten abgefuckten Fans begehrt und braucht .Im Gegensatz zu ihrem Splitpartner orientiert man sich hierbei jedoch eher etwas mehr an ganz frühe „Morgoth“ ,“ Massacre“ und “Obituary” Zeiten .Dabei gestalten die ihren Sound zwar nicht ganz so roh und dreckig wie „SILURE“ ,schaffen es aber dennoch ,durchweg das alte Feeling und Atmosphäre rüberzuwuchten .Inmitten der verdammt starken ,fiesen und hammerharten tödlichen Riffanschläge , lässt man aber durchaus auch mal so ne ganz leichten thrashigen Ansatz erkennen .Bei dem ganzen tödlichen Gelage hier kommt es dann aber auch kurzzeitig mal vor ,das man eher etwas schleppendere ,verdammt dunkle ,leicht „melodiös“ wirkenden Parts mit einflechtet .Fast schon logisch ,geben sich hier dann tiefe bösartig growlende Sangestöne ,sowie auch miese höher gelegte ,fast schon etwas gequält wirkende Vocals ein Stelldichein .
Also Leute ,wer mal wieder so richtig dreckige old school Underground Death Metal Luft schnuppern und inhalieren will ,der kann und wird fast schon zwangsläufig ,an diesem Tape nicht vorbeikommen . Wer es nicht glaubt ,kann aber erst mal unter https://nihilisticholocaustrecs.bandcamp.com/…/silure-feret… reinschnuppern und dann erst seine Kaufentscheidung treffen . ( LEO )

GLORIA METALUS Webzine (Pol)
Tym razem pozycja dla wielbicieli nieco głębszego podziemia oraz kaset, czyli wydana w czerwcu 2020 roku przez Nihilistic Holocaust Recs. taśma, której stronami podzieliły się francuski Silure oraz chilijski Feretro.
Silure to w miarę nowy skład na francuskiej scenie i patrząc na to, co jest w sieci, muzycy kwartetu (?) raczej pragną zachować anonimowość. Wyłamuje się jedynie perkusista o wszystko mówiącym pseudonimie M-Kha. Grupa ma na koncie wydaną w 2019 EP-kę Route de troche. Chilijczycy z Feretro to załoga bardziej doświadczona. Zespół istnieje od 2005 roku i może pochwalić się pięcioma demami, dwoma EP-kami i kompilacją.
Tyle historii, rzućmy uszami na taśmę. Znajdziemy na niej 25 minut muzyki, na którą składa się 7 kawałków. Trzy z nich, w tym cover S.O.D., należą do francuskiej ekipy, a pozostałe cztery do Feretro, z czego pochodzą one w moim odczuciu z dwóch różnych sesji, o czym może świadczyć różnica w brzmieniu poszczególnych utworów Chilijczyków. Oba zespoły poruszają się w podobnych rejonach, czyli w death metalu starej szkoły i słuchając tych kompozycji, można czasami odnieść wrażenia, że cofamy się w czasie do mniej więcej pierwszej połowy lat 90. XX wieku. W ogólnym odczuciu muzyka obu grup jest podobna. Utwory są surowe i raczej ascetycznie, jeśli chodzi o użyte środki wyrazu, chociaż w przypadku Feretro mamy jakby więcej harmonijnych solówek i zmian tempa. Francuzi rozpoczynają powolnym, masywnym wstępem, ale po kilkunastu sekundach wyraźnie przyspieszają i tak już zostaje do końca ich części. Ich muzyka wydaje się jednak dziksza od tej, którą prezentują południowoamerykańscy muzycy, którzy w swojej twórczości dorzucają jeszcze coś w thrash metalu.
Tak jak wspomniałem na początku, jest to wydawnictwo kierowane do wybranego grona odbiorców. Osoby szukające oryginalności i nowych dźwięków, raczej nic tutaj dla siebie nie znajdą, ponieważ zarówno Silure, jak i Feretro nie mają ambicji na budowanie nowych kanonów death metalu i koncentrują się na ogrywaniu znanych już patentów, co zresztą w ogólnym rozrachunku dobrze im wychodzi.

SCUMFEAST Blog
It's true good things do come in small packages, in this case the split cassette format. According to the promo info both of these acts are death metal. Now for anyone into the genre then you know it doesn't mean shit these days because of so many bands expanding their sound or sticking to the old ways. After a few listens (actually the first listen won me over) I knew this hopefully would be on all other formats aka: vinyl and CD in the future.
First off you've got SILURE who are a new band from France. Their contribution here is three cuts, two originals and a cover song. Musically this band was a surprise as far as their sound goes. Imagine a more thrashy, chaotic version of HAIL OF BULLETS. The vocalist here sounds like a young Martin van Drunen. Their choice of a cover, which I knew without even reading the notes because of the bass intro, is "Milk" by SOD. SILURE are definitely interesting in a death grind sort of way.
Our next battle ready contender is FERETRO a band from Chile and have been around since 2005. They also have an extensive catalog of releases since forming albeit it's mostly demos. As far as their musically deadly contribution to this split goes it's four cuts. FERETRO are pure old school death thrash which is not a surprise considering the history of Chilean extreme metal. Bestial vocals combined with heavy handed riff action.
As always when it comes to split releases I look at em as a battle between the two acts. As far as this one goes SILURE are an exciting new contender. But FERETRO just fuckin rule this split. Extra special points for "Keep on Vomiting Pain" which combines some doom to their death thrash attack. If anything they need a full length.

CROSSFIRE METAL Webzine
Auf diesem kultigen Tape des chilenischen Labels Nihilistic Holocaust haben sich zwei Death Metal-Rumpelhorden aus Frankreich und Chile versammelt. Ein Album gibt es von beiden Horden noch nicht. Sie tummelten sich bisher nur im Underground mit Demos und EP´s. Die ersten Klänge zeigen dann auch eindrucksvoll, warum das so ist. Die Franzosen Silure machen den Anfang. Mit tiefen, dumpfen Gitarren und brodelnden Riffs geht es los. Die beiden eigenen Tracks bieten geilen, blasphemischen Death Metal, der an Nunslaughter, Abhorer oder Morbid Angel erinnern. Dabei haben sie eher die Klasse der beiden erstgenannten Combos, denn für Morbid Angel-Verhältnisse wäre das hier viel zu chaotisch. Der Einfluss ist aber ganz klar erkennbar. Danach gibt es eine entfremdete Coverversion des S.O.D.-Klassikers „Milk“. Die Band auf der B-Seite sind Feretro aus Chile sind mehr vom Schweden- und Finnland Death Metal inspiriert. Irgendwo zwischen Demigod, alten Entombed, Dismember, Grave und Interment rumpeln sie durch die Gegend und punkten mit Boshaftigkeit und Besessenheit. Von ihnen gibt es vier Tracks, bei denen es sich immer um Eigenkompositionen handelt. Beide Bands kommen mit Demoqualität um die Ecke. Somit ist die Kassette auch das perfekt passende Medium für diesen Release. Die schwarzen Kassetten sind mit einem weißen Sticker belebt und haben ein professionelles, beidseitig bedrucktes Booklet. Sehr geil für Underground-Sammler!

LA HORDE NOIRE Webzine
Un mot pour commencer au sujet de Nihilistic Holocaust, à la fois label, distro et webzine qui transpire l'underground par tous les pores, ce qui en fait une bestiole précieuse. Qu'importe le genre, qu'il s'agisse de black, de death ou de doom, chacune de ses publications garantit une tranche old school au son bien roots. Pour sa nouvelle livraison, il a convié Silure et Feretro, le premier a vu la nuit en France, le second, au Chili. Si le split reste un exercice prisé dans les caveaux du metal extrême le plus obscur, le fruit de cette rencontre tient finalement davantage de l'alliance tant les deux protagonistes partagent une expression complémentaire sinon identique du death metal qu'ils labourent à l'ancienne aussi bien dans le fond que dans la forme.
Sept pistes remplissent cette cassette numérotée à l'artwork soigné. Silure ouvre les hostilités. Ce projet entre les mains du seul M-Kha, par ailleurs maître de cérémonie de Aodon dans un style black atmosphérique totalement différent, n'en est qu'à ses premiers balbutiements mais les habitués de Nihilistic Distro n'auront pas manqué d'y pécher le EP séminal "Route de troche". Pour eux, cette split tape n'aura qu'un intérêt limité en cela qu'elle ne fait que reproduire les trois titres de ce petit galop d'essai. Les autres peuvent plonger dans cette masse patibulaire, grouillante d'un feeling charbonneux et evil. En neuf minutes, Silure martèle un death metal rapide, brutal que lacèrent toutefois des ambiances sépulcrales ('Le saut de l'ange'). Mais ces arcanes ténébreuses sont visités par des réminiscences presque thrash comme le confirme la reprise aussi fétide que survoltée du 'Milk' de S.O.D., influence auquel participent autant le chant au goût de viscères du maître des lieux qu'un canevas meurtri que sabrent de multiples cassures ('Oxydent'). Entre black, death et thrash, Silure est une entité prometteuse.
S'il n'a toujours pas franchi l'étape du premier véritable album, Feretro ne peut pour autant pas être confondu avec une bande de puceaux car cela fait plus d'une dizaine d'année que le groupe rumine son death trempé dans un jus de zombies. Son origine géographique est la promesse d'un son bien caverneux comme un écho venu des profondeurs des abysses. Les quatre titres que les Chiliens nous offrent en pâture sont taillés dans une chair avariée, celle qui attire les mouches et exhale des relents de mort ('Primordial Ceremony'). Mais eux aussi goûtent au thrash old school comme l'illustrent les échevelés 'Demons Of Fire' et 'Keep On Vomiting Pain'.
Bref deux groupes pour une même vision d'un metal vissé dans la terre la plus evil des années 80, à la fois furieuse et fétide !
Childeric Thor - 7.5/10

DETOX Zine
I takie splity to ja rozumiem jak najbardziej. Pierwszy zawodnik to francuski SILURE, który prezentuje tutaj swoje debiutanckie demo, zawierające dwa autorskie numery plus klasyczny cover z repertuaru S.O.D.. Szczerze się przyznam, że jak na debiutujący zespół, to Francuzi poradzili sobie co najmniej dobrze. Ich muzyka to klasyczny przypominający wczesne lata 90 te Death Metal, w którym słychać wyraźne wpływy m.in.: "Blessed AreThe Sick”czy "Covenant” i co ciekawe, bardzo przypominają mi nasz rodzimy SACROFUCK, szczególnie wokalista, który wypluwa z siebie dźwięki z podobną manierą jak Michał. Te dwa autorskie utwory, którymi oczywiście żadnej Ameryki zespół nie odkrył, brzmią naprawdę solidnie i przyjemnie dla mojego ucha i dając nadzieję, że w przyszłości SILURE może nagrać coś naprawdę dobrego. Jedyne moje zastrzeżenie to kompletne niepotrzebne pojawiające się black metalowe akcenty, odbierające czysto death metalowy charakter SILURE. Kolejny zawodnik to zdecydowanie bardziej już doświadczony i obyty w death metalowym rzemiośle zespół. W muzyce pochodzącego z Chile FERETRO, poza wpływami AUTOPSY słychać takich gigantów jak DEICIDE czy jak w zamykającym, moim ulubionym tutaj czwartym utworze "Keep on Vomiting Pain” echa wczesnego DEATH. Co ciekawe dwa pierwsze utwory zostały nagrane w 2012 roku, a kolejne dwa w 2018, co wyraźnie słychać nie tylko w brzmieniu, ale i muzyce, która stała się żywsza i szybsza. Mniej AUTOPSY, a więcej DEICIDEi DEATH haha Wszystko w idealnych proporcjach, ze znakomitym podziemnym feelingiem. Podsumowując bardzo dobre zespoły, bardzo dobra muzyka, bardzo dobry równy split, którego od początku do końca słuchało mi się z najprawdziwszą przyjemnością.

NAWAK CULTURE Webzine
Tout d’abord, félicitations à Constanza Abarca pour cette très belle couverture, qui plus est imprimée sur papier glacé !
Question musique, on retrouve en face A le EP de trois titres des français de SILURE, enregistré en février 2019 et d’abord distribué par le groupe lui-même de façon digitale sous le nom de Route de troche. Le Saut de l’ange est un assaut massif, entre sludge et martial avant que le tempo ne s’accélère et que la voix ne s’empare de l’espace, le death metal se veut avant tout ici mid-tempo et rampant, avec des guitares serpentines et une rythmique implacable, quelque chose comme un pont entre BOLT THROWER, MERCYLESS et DANISHMENDT, et des textes en français. Comme pour le suivant, plus rapide, complexe et baston mais toujours sombre et brutal, Oxydent. Milk est un choix inhabituel pour une reprise chez un groupe de death, sans même parler d’une douille, mais on aime ici tellement S. O. D. qu’on ne s’en plaindra pas. Très belle découverte frétillante dans nos filets, on va garder ce SILURE pas loin du collimateur.
La face B est occupée par les chiliens de FERETRO avec quatre titres tirés de différentes sessions : les deux premiers (Primordial ceremony et Cemetery rite) datent de la promo démo de 2012, les deux autres, enregistrés avec un nouveau bassiste en 2017 et 2018 (Demons of fire et Keep on vomiting pain), parurent pour la promo advance de 2018. Ce n’est pas la première fois que ces quatre titres sont rassemblés puisqu’un CDR les contenant fut bricolé pour démarcher d’éventuels distributeurs étatsuniens. Plus foncièrement thrashy et râpeux que le groupe français, FERETRO nous évoque plus ABSU, DEATH, INCANTATION et DISMA, lire une forme malveillante et doomy d’un black / death dont la principale mission serait de péter les cervicales tout en vidant de leur trop plein d’énergie les musiciens d'un groupe visiblement formé de brutes, et appliquées avec ça. Encore une formation à surveiller de près, argh !

CONTAMINATED TONES Webzine
Another Nihilistic Holocaust tape release, this one a split between French Silure and Chilean Feretro. As such, it should be satisfying to those who are interested in H. W. Bush-era death metal. The two bands, however, do approach the genre with nods to different influences, with Silure tilting their noisy heads towards Morbid Angel with a hint of Deicide tossed in. Feretro, on the other hand, dredge more from the Death camp with Cannibal Corpse ornamentation. The whole thing, either way, is quite American overall with, to my ears, with only faint whiffs of stench from the other major hotspots like Sweden or the Netherlands. Both bands represent themselves strongly, with unabashed death metal conviction
I made an attempt to reach out to Silure, even though they were, according to sources, going through internal division unlikely to result in amicable continuation of the project. My sources were confirmed when I received an email. "Sorry guy, Silure is over." The three tracks the deceased offers are from their Route De Troche EP. "Le Saut De L'Ange" offers a tribal drum beat to quickly set a barbarous tone. The creative percussive element alone carries the song, recalling the tribal element throughout with quick two-beat poundings on the floor tom or snare throughout the track. Second track "Oxydent" doesn't have a similar percussive theme to fall back on, unless you count the choppy bridge drumming, however strong melodic personality rings throughout, subtly creating tension as the track tightens after a loose flowing solo interlude. Vocally, M-Kha reminds me of Martin Van Drunen with gravelly snarl. Covering S.O.D.'s "Milk" is an interesting choice to punctuate their three-track offering but, given a death metal makeover, Silure do the track both justice while making it their own. Unfortunate the band is no more - the three songs they present offered a lot of promise.
Feretro, responded right away to my contact. Guitarist and vocals Pedro Velosa supplied some history behind the band's origins in his hometown of Los Angeles, Chile. "Well, the drummer and I started with band in the fall of 2005... Within a year we had a trio line up and a couple of songs and covers of course. Current lineup is almost new, Mauricio joined us on guitars in the summer of 2019, we were playing as a trio but we needed another guitar player due to the musical ideas for what we are working on, so we asked him to play with us and he agreed; and Rodrigo on bass joined us some months ago, we were looking for a new bass player, after the last one left the band for personal reasons, we know him since a long time and we knew he would be a great person to work with, as well as Mauricio... I think this is best line up Feretro has ever had."
Musically, the band mixes the mid to late 80's American death metal with thrash for a genuine and appreciable mixture for fans of old school death metal and death thrash to salivate over. "Primordial Ceremony" opens their offerings and sets the altar with a visceral guitar tone, not over-produced at all, but clear, raw, and entirely natural in dynamic and gruff. The ebbing and flowing of distortion rolls through the slower bulk of the track before Feretro recapitulates with it's memorable tremolo theme. It reminds me of Death's Human in it's attack and tone. The percussion, which isn't quite as taught as that hallowed record, is set back in the recording, though the tinny snare stands out. Pedro clarified the band's main influences, expanding upon the core US influences. "We had and still have a variety of influences but may be the most important ones, speaking about music more than sound, were Pestilence, Obituary, Sadism, Sadistic Intent, Unleashed, Vioggression, Pentacle, Torchure and Death."
Feretro's rhythmic elements come together naturally and fall in line behind the guitars which are the main focus and most noteworthy musical element. Bassist Rodrigo chases behind the guitar lines adding the requisite low end heaviness while Felipe is animalistic in his drumming, spitting forth primitive death metal and thrash beats to support the weight of the songs. Second guitarist Mauricio is not present on these tracks, which were assembled by Gabriel S. of Nihilistic Holocaust. Pedro explained how the split came together: "I haven’t heard about Silure before Gabriel talked me about the split. We did a trade with Gabriel when we released our last e.p “Deathsolation” and a couple of months later he told me he was looking for a death metal band for a split with Silure and he wanted us to be there, we had no new material recorded and he needed something quickly, so finally we agreed to use the songs of a Cd-r promo which contains two songs from the e.p “Exhume rites of horror” and two from the last one “Deathsolation”.
With Silure's existence truncated, this split - for me - is really about the Feretro tracks, which are solid old school death metal with zero regard for modern sensibilities. Feretro's goals, in a musical regard, I fully support. Pedro's concern for preserving the culture of old school underground and extreme metal is just as laudable. "All of our works have been released on physical formats, I don´t like CD-r neither, but love good tapes, the thing is that we do believe this is the way it must be, in that way you can not only listen to the music, as in streaming, but also you can read the lyrics, observe and analyze the inner art (not only the cover), pictures, credits. I mean, it’s not only music it’s a whole work, sometimes everything is related, as king Diamond’s works for example, and it deserves to be on physical format to be truly appreciated and totally understood".

LE SCRIBE DU ROCK Webzine
J'avais déjà dit tout le bien du monde de la première sortie de Silure, Route de Troche, lisible ici: https://www.webzinelescribedurock.com/2 ... ons.html... Je vous laisse prendre connaissance de la chronique puisque ce sont les mêmes trois titres que l'on retrouve ici sur cette tape en split avec les chiliens de Feretro.
Pour rappel, Silure c'est du death/black metal venu de Bergerac, qui plombe sa race avec des relents de grindcore...Dire qu'ils m'ont impressionné serait un doux euphémisme.On retrouve ici avec plaisir les deux titres qui déboitent et la reprise de S.O.D, "Milk', a la fois fidèle a l'originale et franchement revigorante.
Du côté des chiliens Feretro, maintenant (je ne les connaissais pas jusque là) nous sommes face a un groupe plus ancien, puisque formé en 2005, et ayant déjà produit une bonne masse de démos et EPs. Leur death metal est plus venimeux, noir et malsain que celui des français, davantage inspiré par l'aura maléfique du thrash le plus extrême des 80's (on pense a Possessed) mais aussi du death morbide (angel ?) de la même époque. N'ayant rien a envier aux plus arides groupes de black metal en matière de noirceur, il serait temps que le groupe chilien passe le cap de l'album.
Bravo a Nihilistic Holocaust pour cette belle initiative, on retrouve bien là tout l'esprit underground qui les anime. Un split indispensable pour tous ceux qui, comme le Scribe, aime leur death boueux, macabre, mal élevé et les deux pieds dans l'under le plus radical !

ALBACORE Webzine
Silure est un groupe de death old school originaire de Bergerac, auteur d'un premier EP en 2019 (Route De Troche) et présent sur une split tape en compagnie des Chiliens de Feretro. Il semblerait que les activités de la formation aient cessé depuis peu, ce qui serait bien dommage étant donné la qualité des trois titres proposés sur le split. Affaire à suivre donc.
Voilà déjà quelques temps que l'on entend le nom de Silure circuler dans les eaux boueuses de la sphère death metal, et on pouvait légitimement s'attendre à une bonne surprise au moment de découvrir les trois titres proposés sur ce split partagé avec les Chiliens de Feretro, qui eux traînent leurs guêtres dans ce milieu depuis une quinzaine d'années, avec à leur actif de nombreuses démos et plusieurs EPs. Soyons hospitaliers et commençons par ces derniers. La provenance de leurs titres diffère, les deux premiers datant de 2012. Cela n'entache en rien le plaisir d'écoute, même en comparaison avec les deux autres pistes, contemporaines quant à elles, ou en tous cas très récentes (2017-2018). Les amateurs d'old school et d'underground ne seront pas lésés : les compos de Feretro s'avèrent aussi efficaces que DIY. "Primordial Ceremony" et son tempo enlevé ne nous laissent que rarement souffler, le riff principal est soutenu par des lignes mélodiques du meilleur effet, et les vocaux oscillent entre le guttural aboyeur et le carrément putride. Le second vestige de 2012, "Cemetery Rite", nous propose d'entrée de jeu des harmonies, avant d'accélérer le mouvement, au grand bonheur des headbangers de tout poil. Le propos reste sensiblement le même sur les deux morceaux plus récents ("Demons Of Fire" et "Keep On Vomiting Pain"), même si on constate que nos zikos sud-américains se sont aguerris, portant leur death metal un niveau plus haut. L'agressivité et l'intensité sont amplifiées, l'inspiration est bien présente, les vocaux (qui rappellent un peu plus Chuck Schuldiner et ses collègues de l'époque, tout en étant parfois modulés et surprenants) complètent parfaitement le tableau. Très sympa au final de contempler un pan d'histoire en même temps que quatre pavés death de très bonne facture. Avant cette prestation très convaincante, c'est donc à trois extraits hexagonaux que nous sommes confrontés, et dans un style un peu différent, Silure se montre aussi percutant que ses voisins de tape. Rythmiques écrasantes, harmoniques, le ton est donné pour entamer les débats, mais l'humeur change rapidement : enfilez votre casque, le combo néoaquitain se mue en F1 (la voiture, pas l'appart') et les événements s'emballent. Pourtant, à aucun moment Silure n'est pris en défaut, faisant déjà preuve d'une habileté et d'une assurance qui laissent augurer du meilleur pour la suite*. "Le Saut De l'Ange", né comme ses deux frères d'armes sur l'EP Route De Troche l'an dernier, fait forte impression et donne immédiatement le ton. "Oxydent" prend soin de l'héritage et conserve l'intérêt de l'auditeur sanguinaire intact grâce à ses riffs vicieux et son atmosphère guerrière (merci -aussi- au chant délicieusement belliqueux), tandis que la reprise de SOD permet de finir cette première partie en beauté, cheveux au vent (pour ceux qui peuvent). Un hommage qui en dit long sur les influences variées des sudistes, qui marquent là les esprits autant que leurs partenaires chiliens. Une bien belle collaboration qui nous incite à (continuer de) surveiller de près les activités du Nihilistic Holocaust de Gabriel S, et à régulièrement plonger notre nez dans son catalogue pléthorique !

CANADIAN ASSAULT Webzine
Starting off this split release is France's Silure who deliever four songs of obscure and well performed old-school death metal. The music is played at a faster pace with some very well written and skillful musical passages. The guitarist even adds some well some enjoyable guitar solo's throughout the songs. Up next is Chile's Feretro who have released quite a few demo's and EP'S over the last few years. The musical style of Feretro is a very fast paced old school death metal with both powerful guitars and commanding drums. The guitarist does write some memorable guitar parts, even adding some heavier, slower guitar passages that fit the band's style perfectly. The vocals are old-school death metal growls that are done with some power alongside some gruff thrashy screams as well. Both bands possess a lot of skillful writing ability within the old school death metal sickness and cruelty. If you are a fan of well executed 90's style death metal then be sure you don't miss out on this killer split cassette. http://www.canadianassault.com/albumrev ... ml#silures

METAL REVOLUTION Webzine
Prior to this review, I had never heard of either Silure or Feretro. But as always I was open-minded to hear some new music from my old friends from Nihilistic Holocaust. This time they present us with this little split of two bands, mainly Silure from France and Feretro from Chile.
The split begins with three songs from Silure, a band with clear references to the early 90s death metal scene and the acts as Morbid Angel, Pestilence and Deicide. Having said that I also have to add that one can hear numerous black metal undertones in their sound, particularly in the opening “Le Saut de l’Ange”.
After this initial intro track follows a more old-school & straightforward death metal attack named “Oxydent”. Finally comes the surprising cover of the S.O.D.’s “Milk” which is close to the original, but slightly more chaotic. Although their total time doesn’t reach ten minutes I still like their fast-paced Death Metal sound recognizable for the fast drums and permanent aggressive vocals.
The other side of this split tape belongs to the Chilean act Feretro, a band that have apparently existed since 2005 and have released several demos and EPs before?! Yet this was my first encounter with this act, and I must say that they got my attention as soon as the opening riff off the “Primordial Ceremony” kicked in. “Cemetery Rite” is the following deadly attack with nasty and rotten riffs and raspy ripping vocals. “Demons of Fire” and “Keep on Vomiting Pain” are the last two tracks on this split, but probably also the most violent and putrid tracks on the record.
Their overall sound, as presented on these four tracks, is a mix of fast and moshing thrash and death metal.
Production is a bit chaotic, dirty and above anything heavy! Even the tape’s cover artwork is suitably old-school, with this typical black and white death metal illustration of a demon with fallen dead around him. Thus, I’m sure that this Silure / Feretro split will appease old school death metallers and all fans of honest and brutal underground metal.

CHAOSVAULT Webzine
Z najgłębszego podziemia przybyła do mnie taśma sygnowana znaczkiem Nihilistic Holocaust Records, co zwiastuje tylko jedno – dziś będzie death metalowo.
A nawet podwójnie death metalowo, bowiem na tapet biorę dziś split francusko – chilijski. W rolach głównych odpowiednio – Silure oraz Feretro. Pierwsza z hord na splicie zamieściła trzy kompozycje, w tym jeden cover. Jak u nich jest? Ano w porządku – szybkie, ciężkie i chropowate numery wypadają całkiem nieźle, zespół nie ogranicza się do prostego napierdalania, ale chce też trochę pokombinować, co słychać szczególnie w „Oxydent”. Jednak nie do końca mnie przekonuje ich strona – jakby nie mogli się zdecydować, czy wolą grać technicznie, czy brudno i oldschoolowo. Jest fajnie, ale tak na dwa – trzy przesłuchania. W mojej opinii lepiej wypada druga strona – Feretro. Oni już doskonale wiedzą, czego chcą – rozprzestrzeniać staroszkolny death metal niczym syfa, kiłę i rzeżączkę. Bardzo fajne nakurwianie w stylu demówek i debiutu Death czy podobnych kapel, które zapoczątkowały cały ten zgniły zgiełk. Strona Chilijczyków podchodzi mi zdecydowanie bardziej, czuć u nich death metalowy flow – nic tu nie jest wymuszone, a muzyka jest naturalna. Jak śmierć. I ja temu przyklaskuję.
Tak więc warto sięgnąć po tę taśmę choćby dla nagrań Feretro, a nie wykluczone, że komuś podejdzie i część nagrana przez Francuzów. Dla mnie jest jednak zdecydowanie słabsza, no ale o gustach się nie dyskutuje ponoć.
Ocena: Silure: 5/10 Feretro: 7/10

VM UNDERGROUND Webzine
This production is a 7 song split album, that was released in tape format by Nihilistic Holocaust records, featuring 3 songs for Silure and 4 for Feretro respectively.
The songs of Silure show a brutal discharge of pure Death Metal as its finest. The vocal style reminds me of bands such as Monstrosity and Malevolent Creation. The riffs are fast and aggressive as it has to be in this genre and the pounding bass sound makes them even more brutal. The bass work is really good as it gives a huge force to the sound and it is tuned perfectly. The drummer of this band is a really skilled master with the blast beats, playing with great speed and technicality, the blast beat work is surgically executed in this split. The participation of Silure ends in this album with an S.O.D cover which makes it really interesting to hear.
Now it’s time to listen to Feretro, they begin with the song “Primordial Ceremony”, showing a fast paced skank beat drumming and voices that sound similar to Martin Van Drunen´s style, but more dark and deep, so perfect! This song is a really fucking headbanging song, with violent riffs and an aggressive drumming! The guitars sound technical but at the same time blasting, it is a pure madness from the beginning to the end! The “Cemetery Rite”begins with a drum fill very well executed and an impressive composition work on the guitars. Regarding the last 2 songs by Feretro I can say that they keep this malevolence atmosphere with a sick bass sound that supports the sickness of the guitars. The Thrash metal influence in these last songs regarding the drumming is remarkable, in a 90s early Death Metal style.
I would like to recommend these two bands, without any doubt are impressive projects and deserve to be listened to by every lover of Death Metal. Two great underground bands that know how to do Death Metal the old way! For fans of Asphyx, Monstrosity, Autopsy, Pestilence, I highly recommend them! (Manuel Sanchez)

Reply to topic