Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
dalecooper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:15 am 

New web site is online! I was tired of wrestling with the original UAR site, so we have a new one with a ZenCart-powered store. Aside from looking pretty, this new store should benefit you in perhaps a few different ways:
1) Shipping is now integrated with USPS and prices are weight-based and exact. So on almost any order, you ought to save a little money there.
2) For international customers, we've also added an option: a checkbox under each CD on the product page to ship without the jewel case. This cuts shipping weight in half and reduces cost (even on a single CD) by usually two or three dollars.
3) You can now create an account and track your order status as well.

Check your bookmarks - the front page URL is the same, but the shop has moved to www.unspeakableaxerecords.com/purchase .

--

Summer sale continues. CDs for BIRTH AD "I BLAME YOU" and BESIEGED "VICTIMS BEYOND ALL HELP" are on sale this week through Sunday. Get them in the new store for just $5! The black vinyl LP editions of both albums are on sale too. Get those for just $10.

Our specials for NEXT week will be: ZOLDIER NOIZ "REGRESSION PROCESS," SABBATORY "ENDLESS ASPHYXIATING GLOOM," and Unspeakable Axe t-shirts. Just click on SPECIALS in the store at any time to see what's on sale. This inventory reduction will end once August is over.

--

NEW SIGNING: RIPPER from Chile plays totally old school, balls-out, necro death/thrash of the highest caliber. Prepare yourself! Their recent debut "Raising the Corpse" is starting to get a little attention; we will release their follow-up album on CD. They plan to go into the studio later this year. Here's their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ripperchileoficial

Dark Descent Records

Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:40 am 

This sale is brilliant! Especially for us non-US folk. I bought both Birth A.D. and Besieged. I wanted to buy the two albums last week, but I had a feeling these two would be on sale this week and needed to pick my battles. With that said, I also really want the Sabbatory album.

dalecooper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:20 pm 

Thanks man, glad we could help each other out! I'm about to go pack your order.

Dark Descent Records

dalecooper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:26 pm 

Our summer sale is continuing. This week we've got CDs by Sabbatory and Zoldier Noiz for just $5, and label t-shirts for $8. Go grab something for ridiculously bargain prices: http://www.unspeakableaxerecords.com/purchase

Also, we've just announced the release of our first cassette - the self-titled EP by Philly-based speed metal band Infiltrator. Started by a member of TrenchRot, Infiltrator plays raw but accomplished speed metal with rough vocals that remind me of Dekapitator. Basically it's great stuff, and overdue for a physical format release. Listen to it here: https://www.facebook.com/infiltratormet ... 4879526524 The tape will be out later this year.

Dark Descent Records

dalecooper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:57 pm 

Shop updates:

- There is new merch, and it's dirt cheap. I had some UV-coated stickers made of the label logo, and they're just a buck. Even better are the new UAR can coolers/koozies (I hate that word), printed with the logo on one side and some custom horror artwork on the other. They're high-quality foam, billed as indestructible by the manufacturer - though I know you'll try your best. Just $3. You can find them in the merch section of the shop: http://www.unspeakableaxerecords.com/pu ... x&cPath=65

- Overcharge's debut CD of d-beat metal mayhem is also available to preorder now, and ships on or around the 18th of this month. We'll have another preview track streaming soon too, to help whet your appetite. http://www.unspeakableaxerecords.com/pu ... cts_id=210

- Last, the summer sale is winding down but is not over. We're having Winnipeg Week right now, with Besieged's debut album just $5 on CD or $10 on black vinyl, and Sabbatory's CD just $5 as well.

Dark Descent Records

dalecooper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:49 am 

This long weekend only, we're having an end of summer sale. 20% off CDs, vinyl, and t-shirts. New releases included. Go grab something! http://www.unspeakableaxerecords.com/purchase/

Dark Descent Records

dalecooper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:11 am 

Announcement: in the first quarter of 2015 we will release Four Doors To Death, a four-way split full length of death metal done right (i.e. ugly and old school). This project was dreamed up by Matt from Cemetery Filth and myself as a throwback to the early 90s splits, and after weeks of work the lineup has been nailed down at last. The album will consist of all-new EP-length contributions from Cemetery Filth, Trench Rot, Sabbatory and Ectovoid. For the time being only a CD version is planned.

The aim is for the bands to all be done recording by around the end of January, and it will go to press afterward. Stay tuned!

Dark Descent Records

Light13
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:20 pm 

I have a full length label release ready to go and looking for alternate format release on other labels that I think would fit on the label, how do I submit?

dalecooper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:41 am 

Light13 wrote:
I have a full length label release ready to go and looking for alternate format release on other labels that I think would fit on the label, how do I submit?

Send whatever you've got to unspeakableaxerecords AT gmail.com. Thanks!

Dark Descent Records

Light13
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:06 am 

Sent, look out for Horrified - Descent Into Putridity

I look forward to hearing back from you!

dalecooper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:42 pm 

October is my favorite month. The temperatures drop without getting outright uncomfortable, the ground is blanketed in crisp leaves, and oh yeah… Halloween. From today through the end of the month, CDs are on sale in the web shop. Get any CD for a seasonally-appropriate $6.66. Might even throw in a mini-Snickers if you order enough stuff.

In other store news, Cemetery Filth tapes are in stock and our next tape by Philly black/speed metal band Infiltrator is due back from press soon. We’ve also got new TrenchRot shirts in stock – an original piece of art by a member of the band on white-and-black baseball jerseys. Head to the store and grab something.

Dark Descent Records

dalecooper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:11 pm 

New signing:

Black Tower hail from Ottawa, but it might as well be Middle Earth. Or at least a Middle Earth as filtered through heavy metal. Tolkien would probably not approve, but generations raised on his books - as well as Iron Maiden and assorted black metal records - will nod their long-haired heads in appreciation.

In short, Black Tower is metal that wears its nerd credentials proudly on its sleeve. You don't sing "Under the Lonely Mountain!" loud and proud in your opening song, or marry the sensibilities of Slough Feg to early Dissection and an almost Bad Religion-ish punk catchiness, without knowing exactly what you are. A lot goes into the mix, but as with any good recipe, what comes out has a flavor all its own.

They have only a self-titled demo under their belts so far, but members of the band have played in other outfits (most notably punk groups Crusades, The Creeps, and The Visitors). Now their debut "The Secret Fire" is nearing completion, and will be released by Unspeakable Axe in the first half of 2015. Having heard only the rough mix of the album, I can say this is easily the most melodic and outrageously catchy thing we have done to date. But it took me all of two songs to fall under its spell, and I hope that holds true for you guys when you eventually get to hear it. Just consider this the beginning of a journey - you're Bilbo, the band and I are Gandalf and a bunch of unruly dwarves, and you're being beckoned down a strange new road. And if that metaphor was a little too nerdy for you, best to bow out now. Otherwise, good times lie ahead.

https://www.facebook.com/blacktowergates

Dark Descent Records

dalecooper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:54 pm 

New merch: label logo zip-up hoodies and new, black t-shirts have just come off the UPS truck and been added to the store. The shirts are Gildan Ultras with soft water-based ink prints; the hoodies are 50/50 cotton/poly blend zip-ups, also made by Gildan, with the same soft-feeling ink. Check 'em out and grab one here: http://www.unspeakableaxerecords.com/pu ... 20a&page=2

The hoodies were made in very limited quantities, so if you miss out, drop me a line and more may be made.

Dark Descent Records

dalecooper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:24 pm 

Just got back from a week in Colorado and have updated the web store. Cemetery Filth longsleeves are there now - pic below. We also got another batch of Unspeakable Axe hoodies but most were pre-ordered; if you want one of the last remaining ones, a single medium and a large are in there.

Additionally, I have a couple spare copies each of the new CDs by Horrendous - "Ecdysis" and the repress of "The Chills." Those are in the shop too.

http://www.unspeakableaxerecords.com/purchase/

Dark Descent Records

dalecooper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:35 am 

In the interests of keeping you warm this winter, we're having a sale on clothing items in the shop. For the next two weeks, everything in that category is 10-15% off. Have a look: http://www.unspeakableaxerecords.com/pu ... jssfmbcfs7

Dark Descent Records

dalecooper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:46 am 

General updates:

- The Unrest CD layout is done and it goes to press very soon. The first preview track will follow, maybe end of this week or sometime next.

- The Besieged 7" just went to press also and we expect it back in January.

- Insanity hopes to mix "Visions of Apocalypse" album by New Year's or so, so that will probably be a Q1 2015 release. Again, we're handling the CD, Dark Descent the LP.

- Still 12 more days to take advantage of our cheap merch. T-shirts from barely more than 8 bucks.

Dark Descent Records

dalecooper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:59 pm 

In honor of the label's 2nd anniversary today, all our releases and apparel are marked down 20% this weekend (excluding the new one by Unrest, sorry). Relieve me of some stuff, it'll help me release a lot more different but equally cool stuff.

Dark Descent Records

dalecooper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:26 pm 

Two new shirts are in stock. This is a three-color Shards of Humanity "Fractured Frequencies" print on a black Gildan Ultra, made with water-based inks for soft-feel print:

This is a new full-color laser print of the art from the upcoming Besieged EP. Again on a black Gildan Ultra:

Get 'em here: http://www.unspeakableaxerecords.com/pu ... x&cPath=65

We also have two new CDs just sent to press, Black Tower's "The Secret Fire" and Encyrcle's self-titled debut. There's a thread hereabouts for Encyrcle already, to which more info will be added soon. I'll post a thread about Black Tower once the promotional machine gets its gears grinding.

Dark Descent Records

dalecooper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:24 pm 

New upcoming releases to announce:

- Sadistic Ritual are from Atlanta (my neck of the woods, and where I live, it's a literal woods) and play basic, balls-out death/thrash. It's promising Southern metal for fans of Slayer, Kreator, Sepultura and the like. Following a small string of demos and EPs, their new EP "Edge of the Knife" promises to be their best and heaviest material yet. We will release it on CD this year. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sadistic ... 7301673799

- Scorched hail from Delaware and make old school death metal with a somewhat thrashy edge that reminds me of old Unleashed among others. We'll release their debut self-titled demo on cassette. Visit 'em: https://www.facebook.com/scorchedde

- Last but definitely not least, something that's been in the works a long time is a compilation of old material (the only kind that exists) by Canada's answer to Morbid Saint and Sadus. And if you've never heard Deranged(Can), they absolutely live up to that level of insane energy and riff dementia. The comp will be on CD and is coming as soon as they can put the remastered material together. https://www.facebook.com/DerangedCan

Dark Descent Records

dalecooper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:08 pm 

General updates:

- Black Tower and Encyrcle CDs will be added to the shop for pre-order around the 1st of May, and ship later in the month.

- We'll have Black Tower t-shirts too with something I drew on 'em. Look for a mock-up image here soon. D&D fans will dig it. There's a dragon!

- We're still waiting on the Besieged 7". Sorry. No ETA. I blame Record Store Day, the manufacturer, and the lizard people that secretly control the government.

- 4 Doors To Death split album is about half-recorded with the remaining bands looking to finish in May. The art is done too and the layout is in process. Looking at a mid-summer release on that most likely, and we'll start unveiling the artworks (yes, plural) soon.

- Scorched tape goes to press fast, and we'll have a preview track from that this week.

Dark Descent Records

dalecooper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 9:42 am 

Pre-order updates: the forthcoming CDs by Encyrcle and Black Tower are now in the shop. Additionally, there's a t-shirt/CD package for Black Tower for twenty bucks (the shirt will go for twelve when and if I sell them separately). More additionally, the first 50 Encyrcle orders are going to come with a die-cut sticker of the band logo as it appears on the CD cover, with a moon effect to it. Should be cool. And even more additionally, the Scorched tape is also at press and up for pre-order. All of this stuff will begin shipping on or after May 18th.

If you're more of a digital download person, these releases are on Bandcamp as well and can be pre-ordered there, releasing at the end of May.

And if your personal jury is still out on these releases, we've still got more preview tracks from all three to come. A big debut for a Black Tower song is lined up - can't say who is doing it, but it's a first for us, and maybe a first for any metal label. Certainly not the usual outlets. We'll also have new streams from both Encyrcle and Scorched by mid-May.

Dark Descent Records

dalecooper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 12:45 pm 

New signings:

- Cist (from Russia) and Solstice (from Florida - yes, THAT Solstice) will release a 2-song split CD, as a co-release between us and the bands. (It would work on 7" but they prefer CD, so CD it shall be.) Coming in the summer probably.

- Nucleus (Chicago) are getting good word of mouth for their Timeghoul/Demilich-ish brand of weird death metal, and they're working on a full length to be recorded in late summer. CD version inbound in hopefully late 2015.

Other updates:

- Black Tower and Encyrcle CDs/shirts/stickers begin shipping Monday. We'll have a new stream from both in the near future.

- Besieged EP update: last I heard, the plant THINKS they will be made in mid-June. Yeah, only took 5 goddamn months.

Dark Descent Records

dalecooper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:46 pm 

Summer sale is on. This year I will be doing themed weeks, and we're starting off with thrash. Most of our thrash and death/thrash releases, apparel, and distro stock is marked down from 15 to 33%. CDs as low as $6, Infiltrator tapes just $4, Shards of Humanity shirts for $9, and more. Get some stuff: http://www.unspeakableaxerecords.com/pu ... e=specials

Next Monday afternoon, Death Week kicks off. Later on there will be a Punk & Grind Week, and hopefully if the Besieged EP gets back from press at long last, we'll have a week devoted just to them.

Dark Descent Records

dalecooper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:11 pm 

Updates:

- Besieged 7"s and Sadistic Ritual's CD EP "Edge of the Knife" are in stock and shipping now. Two slabs of hard-edged death/thrash for fans of Slayer, Sepultura, Kreator, et al.

- Other Besieged stuff ("Victims Beyond all Help" CDs/LPs, the new color EP artwork t-shirts) is on sale this week through Sunday.

- Insanity's long-awaited "Visions of Apocalypse" is near completion. CD and LP (LP will be handled by Dark Descent) go to press this summer.

- New signings: Mortal Scepter (black/thrash from France, with influences including Kreator, Bathory, Destruction); Manic Scum (death metal from Tennessee) - both of these will have EPs out on CD this year.

Dark Descent Records

dalecooper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:45 pm 

I'm having an end-of-summer sale because I'd rather be inside packing up CDs, vinyl and t-shirts than outside looking like Shaquille O'Neal just used me as a human sweatband. Everything is 17% off because I think that number is funny. Lasts until Sunday - get somethin'. http://www.unspeakableaxerecords.com/purchase/

Dark Descent Records

dalecooper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:54 am 

Having a sale from now til Halloween. Everything but our three newest titles is 20% off.

Also, the prices on some older titles have been permanently reduced - CDs by Sabbatory, Omnivore, Overcharge and Zoldier Noiz are just $8.00 regularly, $6.40 during the sale.

Dark Descent Records

dalecooper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:05 pm 

Sale now through Christmas - buy two, get one free on CDs $8 and up! Click here for the shop.

Dark Descent Records

dalecooper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:16 pm 

Last day for the Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale is today. All orders ship Monday or Tuesday.

Dark Descent Records

dalecooper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:35 pm 

This week we're having a third anniversary sale. Everything in the store is marked down 20%. Ends February 29th! http://unspeakableaxerecords.com/purchase

Dark Descent Records

dalecooper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:29 pm 

Three new vinyl releases are in stock and shipping now. Unrest "Grindcore" on black or white/black splatter vinyl; Ripper "Experiment of Existence" on black or clear w/ brown/green splatter; and Encyrcle's self-titled on black or black/silver marble. Get them from me here: http://unspeakableaxerecords.com/purchase

Dark Descent Records

dalecooper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:02 am 

Dark Descent Records

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2