Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Sentienth696
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:07 am 

Well, it is kind of sticking to the OP in this one talking about "is he gay?"! I am not arguing that he is or isn't gay! I'm just saying to the people who are to show proof of their claims rather than just opinion!
http://www.myspace.com/artanor
Bereavement/Artanor 'Imperial Hordes' Split now available $10AU.

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:13 am 

Rather than repeatedly doing thread cleanups, it seems more sensible to do roster cleanups. Looking at the Queer Eye crowd, here.
The bizarre lattices were all around. Sticks and bits of board nailed together in fantastic array. It should've been ridiculous. Instead it seemed oddly sinister--these inexplicable lattices spread through a wilderness bearing little evidence that man had ever passed through...

Lyrici17
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:39 am 

Sentienth696 wrote:
Well, it is kind of sticking to the OP in this one talking about "is he gay?"! I am not arguing that he is or isn't gay! I'm just saying to the people who are to show proof of their claims rather than just opinion!

Not that I don't think proof is needed here (as I personally don't know or care if Gaahl is gay), but I'm pretty sure there's no proof that Morrissey is gay (whether in his life or in his music)... but I think it is generally perceived that he is...

Sentienth696
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:44 am 

Fact created purely out of gossip is ridiculous.

Show proof, or show nothing!
http://www.myspace.com/artanor
Bereavement/Artanor 'Imperial Hordes' Split now available $10AU.

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:22 am 

It wouldn't surprise me if Gaahl is gay, mainly because nothing about Gaahl would surprise me, but he's not necessarily gay just because he hangs around with *gasp* a male fashion designer!

~Guest 62838
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:09 am 

It's not so much that he's involved in the fashion industry, it's the fact that he's designing women's summer clothing. Who knows, maybe Gaahl is gay or maybe he's trying to get the everyday suburban housewife into Gorgoroth's music through his designs. If the latter be true, what an ingenious marketing idea it be.

incarcerated_demon
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:11 am 

In that excerpt of the Decibel interview, seems like the interviewer was asking what Dani felt about the whole King/Gaahl vs Infernus situation, not Gaahl's sexual orientation. Either Dani was shooting his mouth off or it's a pre-arranged dialogue to stoke the fires and keep you goss-mongers frothing.

Or some bloke did a really poor job at excerpting that interview.

EntilZha
Retired

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:36 am 

Is this thread called "Gaahl's sexual orientation"? Hmm, unless my eyes severely fool me I think it isn't. Let's keep the unrelated gossip out, shall we?

Atheistic Satanism in relation to Gaahl's portrayal of it in the documentary about him.

Anti_All
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:01 am 

EntilZha wrote:
Is this thread called "Gaahl's sexual orientation"? Hmm, unless my eyes severely fool me I think it isn't. Let's keep the unrelated gossip out, shall we?

This thread is full of gossipping WOMEN.

MercyfulSatyr
Coelacanthine Cadaver

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:02 am 

Anti_All wrote:
EntilZha wrote:

According to your profile, you're a woman too.

caspian wrote:
mercyfulsatyr: easily the most humble man on the board.

My reviews.

Anti_All
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:04 am 

MercyfulSatyr wrote:
Anti_All wrote:
EntilZha wrote:

According to your profile, you're a woman too.

How very astute of you to figure that out. Must have taken some great detective skills to click a button and open my profile.

KingHenry
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:26 am 

I find it rather amusing that fat, spotty, 15 year old virgins are upset about Ghaal being gay. So what?! At least he's getting laid, and making [occasionaly] decent music.

agentsteel666
Yet Another Village Idiot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:28 pm 

Sentienth696 wrote:
Slightly off topic, but why is it that Agentsteel666 starts a thread then never seems to come back to it and give any argument or further detail into what hes talking about? I've noticed this over numerous threads now, and its getting annoying.

Because my thread got moved and I couldn't find it. I started another one because I thought it didn't get posted. And I don't know if I'm going to respond to this thread or not because apparently there is already another thread on Satanism.

GoreHog9
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:57 pm 

it is a true fact that Ghaal is homosexual...

i have valid evidence from my good friend's band who played Wacken 08 (dont ask what band, you're not going to be told). but at Wacken Ghaal would be sitting in the side-stage area, bouncing a 15-16 year old boy on his knee. my buddies all thought it was his son, so there wasnt much thought of it. only later on as the festival continued to find out that it was not his son in the least bit; rather, come to find out Ghaal is terrified of getting AIDS on the road, so each time gorgoroth hits the road he brings a 15-16 year old boy he knows is clean to basically fuck. he calls these kids his "safe-asses"...

i dont have anything against people who choose to be homosexual. but honestly, thats just fucking weird. especially from Ghaal of all people. i also was told that he's dating some norwegian fashion designer guy (i dont know if thats true or not though)

but anyways, theres your insight to "is ghaal gay or not?"

~Guest 62838
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:59 pm 

GoreHog9 wrote:

i have valid evidence from my good friend's band who played Wacken 08 (dont ask what band, you're not going to be told). but at Wacken Ghaal would be sitting in the side-stage area, bouncing a 15-16 year old boy on his knee. my buddies all thought it was his son, so there wasnt much thought of it. only later on as the festival continued to find out that it was not his son in the least bit; rather, come to find out Ghaal is terrified of getting AIDS on the road, so each time gorgoroth hits the road he brings a 15-16 year old boy he knows is clean to basically fuck. he calls these kids his "safe-asses"...

i dont have anything against people who choose to be homosexual. but honestly, thats just fucking weird. especially from Ghaal of all people. i also was told that he's dating some norwegian fashion designer guy (i dont know if thats true or not though)

So in addition to being gay, he's also a pedophile? There's something new about this guy every month. :lol:

Kruel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:01 pm 

Eh, not really. Both of the ideas were brought up years ago and every piece of evidence I've heard is uniformly second-hand anecdotal.

GoreHog9
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:02 pm 

Viral wrote:
GoreHog9 wrote:

So in addition to being gay, he's also a pedophile? There's something new about this guy every month. :lol:

yeah, i guess so. maybe thats the legal age up there or something haha

~Guest 62838
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:04 pm 

Kruel wrote:
Eh, not really. Both of the ideas were brought up years ago and every piece of evidence I've heard is uniformly second-hand anecdotal.

If this whole thing about Gaahl being a fashion-loving fruit is true, it just shatters that whole image of him being a Nietzschean ubermensch. He sounds like just another trendy fucker trying to be unique.

GoreHog9
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:12 pm 

hah, its going to be great when Ghaal finally makes his life choices public and official. and every black metal elitest kid whos worshipped gorgoroth as the most "grimtruenecrokvlt"whateverthefuck band around is probably going to shit themselves and completely hate gorgoroth from there on out.

Kruel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:17 pm 

Gaahl didn't contribute anything to the classic albums anyway.

t1337Dude
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:31 pm 

Kruel wrote:
Gaahl didn't contribute anything to the classic albums anyway.

I was always wondering why people looked up to Gaahl. I'm not big into Gorgoroth, but all I've noticed is that he joined once they started making shitty albums and he's well known for acting like a weirdo. For example, the ending of that one interview where he stares into the camera. He's not cool. He's just awkward and creepy.

zervyx
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:44 am 

t1337Dude wrote:
I was always wondering why people looked up to Gaahl.

IMO it has more to do with his well known "background" than his real "talent" in music. By that I mean that he got pretty popular for the violent behavior that he showed in the past, like that time that he tortured some man, remember?.

Darkified
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:38 am 

I think simply ghaal is pathetic man , he is dumb.Every project who make , are bad .Satanism fot ghaal is comedy , it's not serious.

Nazg
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:30 am 

Darkified wrote:
I think simply ghaal is pathetic man , he is dumb.Every project who make , are bad .Satanism fot ghaal is comedy , it's not serious.

Hail! You who make , totaly hit the point.Satanism , not fun.You intellectual are

SladeCraven
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:30 pm 

I will never understand what difference it makes if Ghaal is or is not a homosexual.

As for his "Satanism," I think this is simply the image his music calls for, and thus he gives it.

Are there real Satanists, theistic and not, in black metal? Sure.

I will just give my personal opinion here that Ghaal himself is not one of them. His attitude is far too much of a creep show act for it to be real, I think.

As for his talents, I think he is a decent black metal vocalist. Not very good, not too bad, just decent.

The musical direction of Gorgoroth would be greater, and more secure, in the hands of Infernus and his new members.

agentsteel666
Yet Another Village Idiot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:01 am 

Ok as long as this thread is still going, I'll comment and try to clarify what I meant by my opening post.

I thought that Ghaal was a pretty evil guy and did some nasty deplorable things. However, when they talked about his upbringing and Ghaal talked about his philosophies on life and I started to think about it, it was quite understandable why someone would become a Satanist (in the sense of the satanic bible).

I mean, being secluded from the rest of the world for most of your life can make you care less about others and care more for yourself. Think if you've never had anyone who really interacted with you and gave you things or supported you or anything. You'd have to be all on your own. I mean, that's why he's like that. It's completely understandable. Ghaal is actually a pretty cool guy.

VRR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:26 am 

Sentienth696 wrote:
Fact created purely out of gossip is ridiculous.

Show proof, or show nothing!

As much as I hate to fuel the Gaahl hype-wagon, the link is here to the full interview:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=107859

The most interesting part of that was when he said the two replacement spots for his version of Gorgoroth have already been taken. Couldn't care less about the guy's personal life/criminal record/painting/needlework/blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah

...Shut up and play!

zervyx
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:50 pm 

SladeCraven wrote:

As for his talents, I think he is a decent black metal vocalist. Not very good, not too bad, just decent.

The musical direction of Gorgoroth would be greater, and more secure, in the hands of Infernus and his new members.

and that's why I think he's overrated. As far as I read here, it seems that the talented guy was Infernus, and Gaahl is not that good singer anyway just a decent one.

But to tell you the truth, it doesnt really matter who wins the battle, cause if Infernus wins, Gaahl will stay on stages using another name for the band... something like "The force Gorgoroth" or something LOL but of course, without Infernus their new music will turn shitty

ammodytes
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:14 pm 

FiZzZiKaL wrote:
The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
You're analyzing Gaahl?

You do realize he's not actually a Satanist, right? He's a pagan, or so he claims. Pretty much all black metal artists are only using Satan as part of their music, they don't actually believe in him for the most part.

You're wrong on what Satanism is. You're thinking of Theistic Satanism, which is the worship of Satan himself.

LaVeyan Satanism is the worship of the self. The use of the word Satanism refers to "small religious group that is unrelated to any other faith, and whose members feel free to satisfy their urges responsibly, exhibit kindness to their friends, and attack their enemies."

Paganism is Satanism from a Christian point of view... for Christians, any kind of cult that does not worship God (or Allah, or Yahweh, or any other "variant" of the Christian God), but instead worships another entity or other entities is considered Satanism... or so I have understood within the past years. For someone outside Christianism, it makes more sense to consider Satanism the worshipping of Satan himself; therefore, true Satanists should believe in God (even though they do not act according to His will) as true Christians should believe in Satan. A person who does not believe in either, but instead chooses to worship another deity or deities, isn't Cristian, but isn't Satanic either, I think. I don't know if Hinduism or Wiccan are considered Satanism, but if they are, as I believe they are, it is strange for me to consider them a form of adoration/glorification of Satan... both Hinduism and Wiccan, for example, are based on such priciples as love, selflessness, joy and peace; I may be revealing ignorance saying this, but these don't seem like the foundings of Satan-worshipping cults... they actually have quite a lot in common with Christianism.
Anyway, this is the view of atheist. These are notions I have been "assimilating" over the years, and they may be (or are, probably) wrong, however, they make some sense to me; still I have doubts about them, as you may have noticed. Correct me, shed some light on this, clear me of all doubts, questions and false knowledge if you please... but don't call me an ignorant, I just want to participate here, and if possible, learn something ;)

Kruel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:24 pm 

zervyx wrote:
SladeCraven wrote:

and that's why I think he's overrated. As far as I read here, it seems that the talented guy was Infernus, and Gaahl is not that good singer anyway just a decent one.

But to tell you the truth, it doesnt really matter who wins the battle, cause if Infernus wins, Gaahl will stay on stages using another name for the band... something like "The force Gorgoroth" or something LOL but of course, without Infernus their new music will turn shitty

Infernus didn't write the last two albums anyway (and thus they were shitty).

RedMisanthrope
Poet Laureate of the Old Ones

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:27 pm 

Speaking of Gaahl, he just "officially" came out.
Death metal is eternal.

MapleKit
34 going on 14

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:37 pm 

RedMisanthrope wrote:
Link?

RedMisanthrope
Poet Laureate of the Old Ones

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:39 pm 

MapleKit wrote:
RedMisanthrope wrote:
Link?

http://www.metalstorm.ee/events/news_co ... ws_id=7573
Death metal is eternal.

Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:43 pm 

I'm going to play the immature card and point out that Gaahl is being interviewed about his homosexuality by a magazine named "Rock Hard".
Hehe, foreskins.

MapleKit
34 going on 14

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:45 pm 

So I was right all along! No big deal, I am not homophobic, but I knew he was gay.

Grynfisher
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:57 pm 

Heheh, Black Metal gossip.

Lyrici17
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:47 pm 

That was a good interview. I really feel like I get Gaahl a lot more than I did before. He seems like a very intelligent person, who has essentially grown up (or matured) from a life that, to me, sounded kind of dangerous and depressing.

I applaud Gaahl for coming out, if that's what he indeed did in that interview. While, most people wouldn't openly admit it, I think a lot of people will, unfortunately, think poorly of Gaahl for being gay. It doesn't fit the grandiose aesthetic of what black metal. Personally, I think it's brave. He shouldn't have to worry about whether people accept his sexual orientation or not.Then again, this thread exists at all - there's no threads about Pest's sexuality.

I still think that Gorgoroth should be Infernus' though.

Grynfisher
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:51 pm 

So Ghaal says he's gay now. Super.

He doesn't suck any less for it.

Kruel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:52 pm 

Lyrici17 wrote:
Then again, this thread exists at all - there's no threads about Pest's sexuality.

This thread is NOT about Gaahl's sexual orientation.

spaced
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:01 pm 

Kruel wrote:
Lyrici17 wrote:
Then again, this thread exists at all - there's no threads about Pest's sexuality.

This thread is NOT about Gaahl's sexual orientation.

Well, why not? It's about Ghaal isn't it, and the news is that he just officially "came out" as it were.

And fair play to him for it.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next