Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
theheinouskilling667
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:22 am 

I love threads like these, always interesting.

Once me and my freind were walking out of a convenience store, about to go to Sam Ash to play some guitar like we do once or twice a week. It was about a mile walk from where we were, and I wanted to walk becuase I didn't want to pay for the bus and I like walking. He wanted to take the bus and talked me into taking it. So we are at the bus-stop, I decide to have some fun and fuck with people like we usually do. I sit down on the bus stop bench, money for the bus in hand. The man next to me is bent over, doing something on the side of him so I couldn't see his face. I leaned over to see what he was looking at, trying to think of something weird to say, when he bends back up and looks at me. Now that I see him and his clothes better, I realize he is homeless. He looks at my hand and sees the money, and starts accusing me of pickpocketing him. He's saying "ey you pickpocket me, don't pickpocket me!!" in a mumbled and incoherant voice. He's obviously out of his fucking mind, and twice the size of me, so I'm already freaked out. He continues on his rant, and I try to tell him I will not pickpocket him. Then he turns to my freind and starts rambling about school, and how he will not make a "zillion" dollars an hour if he does not stay in school. My freind is not disturbed in the least by his angry grumbling, and I see an oppertunity to take off, so I fucking speed off of the bench as fast as I can about 20 feet away. My freind calmly gets up and walks to me, while this crazy fucker yells for me to come back. We ended up walking to Sam Ash, but that dude was weird.

Once I was spending the night at my sister's house. We were out walking a few miles for exersize, and we were about a mile away from the house or so, It's around 1 in the morning. We were walking along and a couple of people walk by us, offering us some chips. We kindly refuse, and he insists. We refuse again, and they walked off. About a half mile away from that spot, a truck pulls behind us and shouts "HEY! YOU GUYS WANT TO DRINK?" and again we refuse, they of course insist a few times, but we keep saying no, and they drove off eventually. Her neibourhood is pretty fucked up, as this shit happens all the time.

My last story is more weird and funny than freaky. Me and a couple of my freinds were walking around Target about 8 at night. We pulled up a cart with a baby seat, and one of the guys I'm with, Dylan, sits in the baby seat, I sit in the cart, and Rich pushes. We went scooting around, asking people if they were Jesus. Mostly we just got a few confused looks and chuckles, but one dude pulled out a peice of candy when we asked him that. He walked over to me and told me if I could grab it out of his hand, I could have it. I tried about 3 times, but I couldn't grab it. Next, he did the same thing with quarters. We told him it was a cool trick and walked off. We asked a few more people if they were Jesus. One dude got all pissed and asked "Do you wanna find out?!". We said no haha. Walking through the iles, we see a friend of ours, Cristina. We hang with her for a bit, and she was shopping with her mom, so she had to go. As she was walking away about 20 feet from us, one of us shouted "ARE YOU THE VIRGIN MARY" and I was quick to chime in "ARE YOU A VIRGIN?!" Her mother unfortunatly hears this, so we walked off post haste. We chilled for a few minutes, then we decided it was time for leaving. Right as we were leaving, the girl's mother was walking up to us. She's a short, fat, angry little bitch. She starts yelling, telling us that was not an appropriate question to be asking a 13 year old girl, that next time we did that, we would be seriously in trouble. We laughed it off and left, but she was a fucking weird lady.

Rottenrectum
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:28 am 

This is more along the lines of nightmares but follow me. I had been watching the first two Alien(s) movies and after that I went to sleep. I had some kind of dream/nightmare about them and I woke up in the middle of the night. Not like I sprung out bed-waking up but rather slowly opened my eyes and noticed I was awake. My head was still filled with images of xenomorphs and stuff and the first thing I saw was the top end of my leather couch, which conveniently looked just like a shiny xenomorph head. Still dreamy but still awake I thought it was real. Now I sprung like a cannonball out of bed, heart pounding violently. Took a second to realize I was awake and it wasn't real but I think I've never been that scared in my entire life.

darkdead wrote:
I have still quarrelling the musician.

~Guest 193166
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:26 am 

One night I was with my cousins at Wal-Mart and when we were leaving some drunk man followed us all the way home in his car with his headlights on full blast. :lol: So we finally made it to our house and the idiot didn't pull in our driveway but he just sat there looking at us through his window.

After that, he stayed near our mailbox for about 10 more seconds, we got freaked out and finally ran inside. The next day when we woke up the man was gone and so was our mailbox. :lol: We still haven't found it 'till this day. Creepy...

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:24 pm 

Right, how about this:

You take a girl home, whatever yadda yadda she's got 4 limbs and everything's in its right place, the nominal activities occur and you're ready for a good night's sleep. Then, suddenly, she starts talking and DOESN'T FUCKING SHUT UP until 7am when she gets up and goes to work! WAHHH! Man, that was creepy! I locked the door right after she left just in case she wanted to 'talk' about her 'feelings' some more instead of going to work.

Um, other than that there was a time this week when me and my twin brother both had the similar dreams, I was sitting eating breakfast and he comes in just having woken up looking rather disheveled and goes "fucking cats, man" and it turns out we'd both dreamed about being eaten alive by cats. Pretty odd. Other than that it's just been a few drug induced visions for me; you know thinking you've got vampire fangs after getting very drunk and stoned on purple haze, you know, the usual.

Generally, though, most of the creepy things I hear of happen to female friends of mine. My flat mate was very drunk and she got walked back to our flat by a guy who obviously fancied his chances. She, being so incredibly inebriated, passed out on the stairs before she got in and this guy decided it was appropriate to have a fondle while she was unconscious and she woke up several hours later with her top undone and her breasts bare. We've had some mild revenge on this guy, though, he was chatting and flirting with some other girl a few weeks later and I went up and clearly announced "Hey, you're that RAPIST!" he started looking very flushed and made a very quick exit. I'm not done with him yet, he's on the list. :evil:

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:35 pm 

Shit, she's lucky he wasn't more enthusiastic. Could have had more than breasts on display.

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:41 pm 

To be fair it was on the stair-well of quite a busy student flat, so the disgusting little creep probably thought that's all he could get without getting caught. It wasn't too late at night, really, someone else could have came upstairs and seen him. Still, it's fucking sickening.

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:43 pm 

Well, at least you're giving him what for, eh? Defending a lady's honour and all that, my good chap!

immortalshadow666
Transilvanian sandwich, mould! MOULD!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:56 pm 

Defo, proper British gentleman and all!!

Hasn't happened to me, but a friend of mine said she was walking through a cemetery once with a friend of hers and they saw ghosts. They got terrified and ran away, but apparently the ghosts were trying to tell them something. That "something" was another friend of theirs dying in a car accident some weeks later.

Also, my sister told me she's seen the ghost of my dead friend, who died in a beach mishap in January 2004. She was quite reluctant to open up the details, though.

~Guest 193166
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:14 pm 

immortalshadow666 wrote:
Defo, proper British gentleman and all!!

Hasn't happened to me, but a friend of mine said she was walking through a cemetery once with a friend of hers and they saw ghosts. They got terrified and ran away, but apparently the ghosts were trying to tell them something. That "something" was another friend of theirs dying in a car accident some weeks later.

Also, my sister told me she's seen the ghost of my dead friend, who died in a beach mishap in January 2004. She was quite reluctant to open up the details, though.

Seeing a ghost would freak the shit out of me. I've never seen one in my life. The closest thing that I've came to seeing one was watching a TV show called "Most Haunted" back when I was like 8 years old. I was scared of everything then so when I saw that show, I couldn't sleep for like 3 days.

Hopefully I'll never see a ghost in my life...

immortalshadow666

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:17 pm 

I hope not too, because I'm afraid if I see a ghost it'll be a scary one. If I saw a ghost and it didn't attack me, I might be okay with it.

Terminal_Tyrant
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:23 pm 

The only spooks I'm afraid of are the ones with guns. :-)

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:32 pm 

I'm a logical person and a rather staunch skeptic when it comes to the supernatural, so I don't really believe they exist, but they do scare the fucking hell out of me. I'm not sure why, it's almost a phobic reaction to the very concept of a ghost. If they do exist, I'd rather remain blissfully unaware.

But they're also really cool and make for good use in fiction.

Samapico
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:36 pm 

probert wrote:
i used to have a recurring dream where i was trapped somewhere in the dark and couldnt find a light switch or a lamp (or one that worked) and it would devolve into me being in a huge state of panic. woke up in a sweat one night, reached to turn on my lamp and the lightbulb flashed for a split second and burnt out. more of a coincidence than anything but it was pretty weird.
I had the exact same thing at some point when I was young :O
Except it was always in my room, and I remember panicking when one day it REALLY didn't work because the lightbulb was burnt out; I thought it was a dream again or something.

Miniferret
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:58 pm 

Heh, I'd been playing through F.E.A.R 1 again before going to sleep. Fell asleep, only to wake up suddenly, completely paralysed. Couldn't get up and could only move my eyes, which is when I noticed what looked like Alma (ghost girl from the game) in the corner staring at me and strangely, getting up and sitting down again continuously. Thankfully, I'd seen a documentary on sleep paralysis when I was younger (scared me out of my wits when I was younger) so quickly realised what I was experiencing. Forced myself to close my eyes and I eventually fell back asleep. It was quite strange and creepy, but would have probably been more so if I had not known about the phenomena.

~Guest 183305
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:15 pm 

Myself and some friends were walking to the beach during Hurricane. A tree that had to be at least 100 feet tall came crashing down across the road. We were just seconds from being in it's path. It was like something you see in the movies.

Samapico
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:19 pm 

ACM wrote:
Myself and some friends were walking to the beach during Hurricane.
What the fuck is wrong with you?

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:26 pm 

Samapico wrote:
ACM wrote:
Myself and some friends were walking to the beach during Hurricane.
What the fuck is wrong with you?

It's the reason why many states have The Stupid Driver Law. You know the one that says that if you drive through a deep flash flood and get stuck where the rescue workers have to pull you and the vehicle out, they send you the bill.

DoNotResuscitate
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:26 pm 

Got tons of creepy stories...

Here are two:

1. I was on vacation in Florida during the summer of 2002 and my friends and I decided to go down to the Rainbow River and get tubes and float down the river. This river takes between 2 to 4 hours to float down depending on the weather conditions. Well, it just so happens this day we were about half way into our journey down the river went all of a sudden it starts to rain. Now if you've ever been to this part of Florida you know when it starts to rain the river stops flowing and when the river stops flowing...CROAK! CROAK! CROAK! We were stopped in this river right in the middle of a swampy area (thick plant life and trees growing out of the water, etc.) which is where the alligators like to hide until the water calms... The croaking got louder and louder and louder and louder until we realized a shit ton of alligators were moving towards us. Needless to say, we FREAKED OUT and started panicking and, of course, that only makes it worse...so we started slowly paddling down the river or trying to but the current was moving in the opposite direction of where we were headed... We huddled together and paddled our way down the river until the rain stopped... It was pretty freaky for a minute there.

2. My mom and I were sitting on opposite couches in my living room just talking. It's about 9:00 PM or so when all of a sudden I feel a jam in the back of the couch I was sitting on. I looked back and the lampshade for the lamp on the table behind the couch was swinging back and forth. I said "what the hell was that?" and my mom got up to see if anything was there and there was nothing... But on the countertop which is behind the couch we have a shrine-like memorial for my Dad set up... It made me think it was him.
"Yeah, I read that board for like 2 weeks when I first signed up a few years ago and determined it was about as intelligent as AOL Metal Chat and the FMP board having a retarded baby." - Dan discusses the M-A Board

BlindTortureKill
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:59 pm 

A few times now I could have sworn I heard whispering in the house, middle of the night, either in the attic or the "junk" room next to my bedroom.
I check it out...nothing of course.
I lie awake for half an hour listening very closely, then fall back to sleep.

Scariest moment was nothing paranormal though, just me being an idiot. Some years ago, I took a walk through the forest with my mp3 player in the evening, I went in deep, where you don't hear the distant buzz of traffic anymore and the trees are overgrown, obscuring the path.
I sit down on the grass in a small clearing for a while, to calm down with some music (I was severely pissed off due to some unrelated events earlier).
You can propably guess...I doze off and wake up in pitch black, utterly disoriented, telling myself those shuffling leaves in the distance are simply small animals...I felt like I was in the Blair Witch Project.
I managed to keep cool and find my way back after my eyes adjusted, I felt like a dumbass though.

pseudodraconis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:19 pm 

BlindTortureKill wrote:
A few times now I could have sworn I heard whispering in the house, middle of the night, either in the attic or the "junk" room next to my bedroom.
I lie awake for half an hour listening very closely, then fall back to sleep
When a person is getting close to sleep, is woken up out of sleep, or is really tired, it's really common to hear things like that. It can get distracting though, no doubt. The other night I couldn't sleep because I kept hearing all of this gibberish in my ears and I kept trying to decipher it. I've heard similar things with music, although that happens during the day when I'm awake and alone. It always disappears when you go into the room it sounds like it is coming from, but then comes back later in a different place.

immortalshadow666

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:20 pm 

PsycholgclMishap wrote:
Alligator win

Urgh, I hated reading that story. With the big saltwater crocs we have in this country, makes me think that something like that could happen to me. Glad to see you got out of it, I'd have been shit-scared too.

KMW01
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:26 pm 

One time I was sitting in my living room and one of my friends was sleeping on the couch on the other side of the room. It was pretty late probably around 3AM. I had been up thinking about a good friend of mine who had died around 6 months earlier of an overdose because I had heard a song I knew she loved.

All of a sudden my friend who was sleeping on my couch starts mumbling in her sleep and sits straight up and said "hey who was that chick?" I asked her wtf she was talking about and she told me some girl was standing in the cornor of the room trying to talk to her. They had never met or known each other so I just pulled up a picture of my friend who had died and showed it to my friend who was sleeping on the couch and she said thats exactly what the girl who tried talking to her looked like.

It wasn't really the creepiest thing, moreso the most paranormal thing to happen to me.

But one time I got stranded in the middle of a pretty sketchy city from about 1-5AM, in that time I heard gunshots, some people screaming. At one point a really fucked up looking homeless guy walked up to me and asked if I had a cig, I didn't so he walked away then about 20 feet away from me he quickly turned back around. I pretty much ran to the closest 24 hour 7-Elevan and hung around some with much less menacing homeless people and some random goth kids.

Weerwolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:40 pm 

Watching Rec

~Guest 193166
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:02 pm 

BlindTortureKill wrote:
Scariest moment was nothing paranormal though, just me being an idiot. Some years ago, I took a walk through the forest with my mp3 player in the evening, I went in deep, where you don't hear the distant buzz of traffic anymore and the trees are overgrown, obscuring the path.
I sit down on the grass in a small clearing for a while, to calm down with some music (I was severely pissed off due to some unrelated events earlier).
You can propably guess...I doze off and wake up in pitch black, utterly disoriented, telling myself those shuffling leaves in the distance are simply small animals...I felt like I was in the Blair Witch Project.
I managed to keep cool and find my way back after my eyes adjusted, I felt like a dumbass though.

I would have freaked out!! A similar thing happened to me about 3 years. I never fell asleep or anything but I went to the woods and hiked about 2 miles through them. I was about 6 then, so I thought I was all bad trying to hike so I started crawling into a cave. After that it started raining real bad and I just stayed in there for about 2 more hours. Then finally when it stopped, I tried to make it back home, but I forgot which way I came. It took me about a half an hour just to find the correct path and then I finally made it out of the woods.

I was so freaked out, I thought I would die or something. Now that I am older, I'm a lot more careful of where I go.

Samapico
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:13 pm 

ksevile wrote:
BlindTortureKill wrote:

I would have freaked out!! A similar thing happened to me about 3 years. I never fell asleep or anything but I went to the woods and hiked about 2 miles through them. I was about 6 then, so I thought I was all bad trying to hike so I started crawling into a cave. After that it started raining real bad and I just stayed in there for about 2 more hours. Then finally when it stopped, I tried to make it back home, but I forgot which way I came. It took me about a half an hour just to find the correct path and then I finally made it out of the woods.

I was so freaked out, I thought I would die or something. Now that I am older, I'm a lot more careful of where I go.
You were 6? and it was 3 years ago? You're 9? Your parents let you go hike at 6 years old?

Or... did you mean 'It was about 6 then' ? That would make more sense :o

DoNotResuscitate
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:20 pm 

Samapico wrote:
ksevile wrote:
BlindTortureKill wrote:

You were 6? and it was 3 years ago? You're 9? Your parents let you go hike at 6 years old?

Or... did you mean 'It was about 6 then' ? That would make more sense :o

The real question should be...you're 9 and posting on M-A? What's wrong with your parents!? lol.
"Yeah, I read that board for like 2 weeks when I first signed up a few years ago and determined it was about as intelligent as AOL Metal Chat and the FMP board having a retarded baby." - Dan discusses the M-A Board

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:21 pm 

Several years ago, me and my band's now ex-vocalist took a vacation for about a week in a small mountain town in North-western Italy; we were staying in a small house on our own and generally had a great time.
The weird thing about this place is that during the day it was a beautiful, lively village, but at night, it looked like a goddamn ghost town. Except for the few late night bars and the likes you would see no one around, and oddly enough, every house you could see had its windows shutters pulled down, and we're talking about summertime.

Anyway, we liked to take walks at night, especially with such gorgeous nature surrounding us. This was the typical small town in the middle of nowhere, where you just have to reach its outskirts to find yourself wandering in the forest. And during these walks, we kept hearing and seeing strange stuff all the time, and this while we were stone cold sober, mind you, because we can't remember almost anything that happened to us whenever we got seriously drunk (one time we woke up in a small graveyard at dawn, and to this day neither of us can remember how the hell we got there :lol:).

One night we were walking down a small street around what you could call the "center" of the village, and we took a small detour on the grass field surrounding said street on both sides to empty our bladders. We're about to resume our stroll when we suddenly spot weird movements on the rooftop of a house we can clearly see across this open field. It looks like someone is waving a large white sheet. It goes on for about ten seconds, then it stops, and we don't see any more of it. This house, like all the others, looked as lifelessly asleep as could be (no lights, open windows, etc).

Another night we took a walk along a path on the outer edge of the village; it had a river (and the town) on the right side, and the forest surrounding the village on the left.
This area, like many others up there, is provided with very few light poles, so we don't immediately realize what we saw on the ground right beside the path on the forest's side, it looked like a darker rectangular shape. We get closer and we see it's a neatly dug pit, it looks empty even though we can't clearly see the bottom due to the darkness. We stare at it for a while, predictably puzzled, then we start walking away when suddenly a light flashes between the trees on our left, like someone was taking a picture. We stop dead on our tracks, looking around, but we can't hear nor see anything, so after a while we just walk away, without knowing what to think.

The next night we walk back there to show the pit we found to a friend of ours who lived up there. We reach the same spot again, and as we look at the ditch, the same light flashes again. We decide not to fuck around with whatever may be going on and keep walking our way.
We reach the end of the path, at which point you can either turn left over bridge that crosses the river and leads back into town, or follow straight, go over a small mound and keep walking along the river to a picnic area. We reach this part and see strange lights circling in the sky, like psychedelic lasers. It looks like something you might see outside of a large disco or maybe a planetarium, the only problem being that there's nothing like that to be found up there in the goddamn mountains. The lights seem to be coming from a spot beyond the mound, so my former vocalist and our friend walk to the top while I stay behind to keep an eye on the way we had just followed there, because by then we could clearly tell something weird was going on and we all felt we were being watched - a feeling I personally never had while walking at night even by myself. I take a look at them and I see that before they reach the top, the lights disappear. They stand up there, looking around; nothing happens, and after a couple of minutes I urge them back because my instinct is now screaming at me to get the hell out of there for whatever reason.
They walk back down, we make our way to the bridge, look back... and see that the lights have returned, and someone is standing on the top of the mound; it's too dark and far to tell if he's looking at us but it's clearly facing our direction, and we're standing alone on this bridge, in broad electric light (starting from the bridge, illumination is a lot better, since the path then turns into a street along which cars can regularly drive). We don't like the situation, so we decide to bail, though we keep walking calmly at first. We reach the turn the road makes at the end of the bridge, turn around to look again, and see that now the figure is standing at the bottom of the mound, still facing towards us. We turn around the corner, and at this point we just fucking run for it and don't stop until we feel safe. Since the road we're following takes an u-turn after roughly ten meters, we're able to look across a couple of fences and see the bridge again in front of us. The figure is now standing on the beginning of the bridge, no more facing directly towards us but still looking at the road we've just taken. We stay there for a while, taking looks at regular intervals, whispering to each other, until at one point we take a look again and there's no one to be seen on the bridge anymore, and we had only looked away for no more than 10-15 seconds. We make our way back home, and you can bet your ass I slept with my room's window well shut that night.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

Samapico
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:41 pm 

Lord_Jotun wrote:
<long story>
Whoah... I shat myself reading this :S

Why didn't you just go back there during the day?

ksbluesfan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:44 pm 

Holding my dead child in my hands was pretty creepy, but mostly just overwhelmingly sad.

DeathForBlitzkrieg
A Dead Man's Robe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:08 pm 

ksbluesfan wrote:
Holding my dead child in my hands was pretty creepy, but mostly just overwhelmingly sad.

Fuckin' hell, on Monday my on-the-job training as a paramedic starts and even though it's very unlikely, I could come across something like that sooner than I fear. Within the operational area there're living about two million people, after all. It was bad enough to learn how to perform a cardiopulmonary resuscitation on an infant and try it out on a small-sized dummy. Shit.

BlindTortureKill
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:17 pm 

pseudodraconis wrote:
BlindTortureKill wrote:
I lie awake for half an hour listening very closely, then fall back to sleep
When a person is getting close to sleep, is woken up out of sleep, or is really tired, it's really common to hear things like that. It can get distracting though, no doubt. The other night I couldn't sleep because I kept hearing all of this gibberish in my ears and I kept trying to decipher it. I've heard similar things with music, although that happens during the day when I'm awake and alone. It always disappears when you go into the room it sounds like it is coming from, but then comes back later in a different place.

I heard more people experience it, from what I can gather it can be explained by your senses boosting natural "static" when it's quiet,
a higher sensory sensitivity at the moments you mentioned and our brains being wired to recognise patterns.
Interesting stuff, but it still creeps me out.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:06 pm 

Samapico wrote:
Lord_Jotun wrote:
<long story>
Whoah... I shat myself reading this :S

Why didn't you just go back there during the day?

Huh... good question, actually. But I think this was because we used to sleep through most of the day and were more active at night.
It still happens to me quite often during the summer, since the heat during the day causes my blood pressure to drop, making me feel tired when not downright woozy.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:11 pm 

Quite a suspenseful trip, Jotun. You ever tell anyone else the next day or so about it? Ever visit the place after that?
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:28 pm 

Jotun, that was some really creepy reading. I think that one takes the cake for me, so far.

If I were in your shoes, I would have tried to convince myself that there was some conspiracy among the townsfolk to mess with you for being an outsider.

OneRodeToAsaBay
Unangeschnallt den Bullen reingefahren

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:40 pm 

ksbluesfan wrote:

This is heart-breaking.

I don't mean to continue this theme, but seeing the dead bodies of several friends at their respective funerals when they were done up in really convincing looking makeup was disturbing and creepy. I'd rather that a dead body looks like an actual dead body, not like it's about to sit up and start talking to you. Last summer, I saw a guy on my university campus who looked creepily like a dead friend (dressed the same, walked the same, same height, same weight, same hair, even the same style of sunglasses) and I don't think I would have been shaking so badly that day if the last sight of my friend hadn't been with him looking so alive.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:59 pm 

Weerwolf wrote:
Watching Rec

:lol: I love how there are all these strange, fantastical stories, and then right in the middle, BAM, mention of [REC]. Nice one.

edit: But at ksbluesfan, damn, I am sorry. I don't know what else to say.

Lana
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:03 pm 

ebulus wrote:
Oh yeah, I forgot the time when me and my friend were in the first year of high school got had just gotten an ice cream from the dairy, finished it started to move off on our bikes when a car goes flying through the fence right where we were staqnding less than 10seconds ago. That freaked me out something terrible

Had something similar several years ago when I was walking home from school. I was on the main street and very close to the street where I turn on to get to my house and I notice a car upside down on the lawn of a house. The fence was knocked down, skid marks on the grass, and the car was pretty much just a few inches away from touching the house. As I approached, the people were crawling out of the car. Scary experience and it freaked me out to think if I had just walked a little bit faster or left school just a minute later than I did, I would have been nailed by that metal beast. That intersection is really dangerous, I remember soon after that they installed a yellow crossing sign with yellow lights on the middle line and just a week or so later it was already knocked down. Finally got proper traffic lights a few years ago.

I guess I've had a pretty non-creepy life because the only other creepy thing I can remember was when I was 10-11 years old and I was leaving a restaurant with my family. We were waiting in the line to leave the parking lot when a really grungy looking guy starting walking fast towards the car angrily yelling at me, "Hey! It's you! I'm gonna get you! You were the one!" or something along those lines and my parents didn't seem to notice for some reason but I got really freaked out and was hoping so much that the car would move. I still have no idea who he was or what he could have been talking about and I never told my parents about it. Really freaky for me, no idea what he was going to do and it was me, my parents, and my little brother in the car, but thankfully we drove away in time.

Nolan_B
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:23 pm 

My Grandfather worked in a slaughter house on the outskirts of town until it closed in the Mid-60's due to mafia troubles. I guess the owner's wife was murdered there or something. I don't know, that was his story. Until last year, the doors were always unlocked. They locked them last year, I guess too many kids were snooping around in there.

One night, around 3 o clock, me and one friend were in there, because we are idiots and do shit like that. We were only armed with one flashlight and some knives, but were still eager to explore the massive decaying building. (it's around 3 stories tall and each floor is huge. It also has a large basement with multiple rooms and entrances.) We reached the 2nd floor and heard a sound that was so loud it sounded like the roof caved in, but it was really metallic sounding. We decided that it was time to leave, but it was going to take awhile because the building is hard to navigate and there are many drop offs and dangerous hooks.

Our luck kicks in, and the flashlight runs out of power. We are now navigating the building with my friend's cell phone light. Suddenly, I heard a man screaming and crying coming from presumably the top floor. This makes me literally scared enough to pass out, and I almost did. We make our way towards the first floor and are almost out of the building, when we stumble upon the most foul smelling room filled with cow bones and the floor is discolored. As we are about to leave, my friend started screaming in agony. He got stabbed in the stomach. We took him to the hospital, and they gave him immediate care, etc...

To this day, I don't know if he got caught on a hook, or if someone actually stabbed him with a knife.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:44 pm 

Yikes.

That actually reminded me of another creepy story I thought I'd share.

Back in the day when I was in the Boy Scouts, I thought I'd try out for the Snow Owl program. It used to be more common but from what I hear my Troop is the last one in the country that still does it. Essentially, you have to take all of these classes on wilderness survival during sub-zero weather. After the classes, the group takes a weekend trip (we went somewhere in upstate New York) where there has to be at least six inches of snow on the ground the whole time, and the air temperature must stay below zero.

Part of the trip required us to hike around our campsite and make a map using triangulation and other such methods. About three miles from our campsite we stumbled upon another site. The ground was littered with hundreds of beer cans and the snow was stained with blood. In the middle of it all were the carcasses of a pig and a cow with all of the flesh stripped off. They were essentially bloody skeletons, except the heads were unharmed. There was no trace of fire to be found or any vehicle tracks. We couldn't figure out if the animals were eaten raw or simply sacrificed or what but the lack of any evidence that they were cooked and eaten really freaked us out. Despite the cold and the snow I think we made it back to our campsite in record time.

Since then I've shared this story with friends from college, and we joke about how a bunch of crazy rednecks must've got drunk, fucked the animals then ritualistically slaughtered and ate them. We always joke about how excited we are for the upcoming Pigfuck. "Aw man I can't wait for Pigfuck '09, can you?"

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:03 pm 

OzzyApu wrote:
Quite a suspenseful trip, Jotun. You ever tell anyone else the next day or so about it? Ever visit the place after that?

We weren't familiar with anyone up there so we didn't really talk about it to anyone. But we heard rumours about folks doing pretty weird rituals out in the woods. As clichéd as it might sound, this could explain why one night, while we were sitting on a bench alongside a road, we saw several cars drive by, none of them coming back while we were there. We're talking around 3 am and the road in question climbed up the mountain on the other side of the village and basically went right through the forest.

I never went back there again and to be brutally honest, I'm not sure I would were I granted the chance. It's been years but even now, when I think about it, I see there are too many elements that don't add up at all.

iamntbatman wrote:
Jotun, that was some really creepy reading. I think that one takes the cake for me, so far.

If I were in your shoes, I would have tried to convince myself that there was some conspiracy among the townsfolk to mess with you for being an outsider.

We considered this hypothesis, but were forced to discard it after a few nights. Barring that one time when we went back to the grave-like pit near the river with our friend, we generally followed random paths across the town and the surrounding woodlands - we were basically hiking through nature and I can't see how anyone would be able to keep track of our movements in the middle of the night. Which of course makes the whole thing all the more spooky.

I'm glad someone found it interesting, at least :)
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next