Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:25 pm 

EnemyOfTheSun420 wrote:

That is hilarious to me for some reason, haha. Obviously the guy was a dick for jumping behind the counter, but come on, if a dude's pupils are like that then yeah, he's just tripping, nothing to be afraid of. If I were in that guys situation I wouldn't try to fuck with you though...I'd just get some damn french fries (actually I'd get some from a NON-fast food place) and chow down...

...Yeah, but the thing is you don't know what they're trippon ON. Large pupils is an extremely common side effect for tons of shit. Are you saying you'd just be like "oh yeah it's cool" if some fucking guy mumbling shit about spilling blood LEAPS OVER A COUNTER AT YOU? Maybe this is just me, but I think I'd be a little scared too. he could be on pcp or something like that, and you could empty your clip on that guy and he'd be like WOOOOOO then rip you in half

EnemyOfTheSun420
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:41 pm 

Gelseth_Andrano wrote:
EnemyOfTheSun420 wrote:

That is hilarious to me for some reason, haha. Obviously the guy was a dick for jumping behind the counter, but come on, if a dude's pupils are like that then yeah, he's just tripping, nothing to be afraid of. If I were in that guys situation I wouldn't try to fuck with you though...I'd just get some damn french fries (actually I'd get some from a NON-fast food place) and chow down...

...Yeah, but the thing is you don't know what they're trippon ON. Large pupils is an extremely common side effect for tons of shit. Are you saying you'd just be like "oh yeah it's cool" if some fucking guy mumbling shit about spilling blood LEAPS OVER A COUNTER AT YOU? Maybe this is just me, but I think I'd be a little scared too. he could be on pcp or something like that, and you could empty your clip on that guy and he'd be like WOOOOOO then rip you in half

Yeah I would be a bit scared, just of any fucker leaping over a counter at me, what they seem to be on would have nothing to do with it. If the dude was obviously fucked up I'd just try to talk him down maybe...anyways the part of the story that I thought was funny was the "dude, I'm just trippin on 'cid". That just amused me.

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:35 pm 

EnemyOfTheSun420 wrote:
Gelseth_Andrano wrote:
EnemyOfTheSun420 wrote:

Yeah I would be a bit scared, just of any fucker leaping over a counter at me, what they seem to be on would have nothing to do with it. If the dude was obviously fucked up I'd just try to talk him down maybe...anyways the part of the story that I thought was funny was the "dude, I'm just trippin on 'cid". That just amused me.

Oh, ok lol, i thought you meant the whole storry, and i thought, shit if that were me i probably would have just pissed myself

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:35 am 

LOL

Last edited by Gelseth_Andrano on Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedMisanthrope
Poet Laureate of the Old Ones

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:37 pm 

This is somewhat related to the topic at hand:

There's this video circulating where some friends are sitting around a campfire, when one of them says "Did you hear that?", and when the camera pans over you can see this, well, "creature", walk by just outside the light of the fire. Does anyone have a link to said video?
Death metal is eternal.

MorbidSepulDeath
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:53 am 

RedMisanthrope wrote:

There's this video circulating where some friends are sitting around a campfire, when one of them says "Did you hear that?", and when the camera pans over you can see this, well, "creature", walk by just outside the light of the fire. Does anyone have a link to said video?

Is this it?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1kUeoTwnfo

RBYYZ
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:23 pm 

Finally finished reading this in chunks over the past two days, some seriously creepy stuff. We just finished installing new windows, and I almost slept in the living room last night because the rest of the curtains weren't up yet!

My story isn't so much creepy, as it is kind of odd. A few years ago, when I was in 12th grade, I was part of a school trip that included a large chunk of Italy, Monaco, and Nice, France. Pretty cool stuff when you come from a tiny town of 3500 people just south of the northernmost major Canadian city. On the 3rd day of the trip, our planned dinner was at a very nice restaurant in Rome. It was in an area that seemed almost like it was outside the city, due to the hill it was on. After getting off the bus, everyone was shown to their tables. Once my group of friends and I were seated on the patio with the other groups, everyone settled into some idle chitchat while waiting for our meals.

Before our food came, I was struck with the strongest feeling of Deja Vu I have ever felt. Looking past one of my friends at some restaurant decor, I was absolutely certain we had all been there before and this had all happened. Normally, like most people, the odd time I get deja vu it fades quickly, but this time it lasted the entire time we were in the restaurant. It almost felt as if I were in some sort of haze, watching everything unravel the way I thought I remembered it in my memory. This went on for the 40 or so minutes we remained at the restaurant, and I didn't snap out of this weird thing until we were boarding the bus. When we got on the bus, my friends were asking me if I was ok, as I apparently barely spoke the entire time we were there. It sounds pretty lame typing it out, but it was one of the most bizzare things I had ever experienced. Nothing like that had ever happened before or since. It was like spending 2/3rds of an hour in your own memories, or in a movie you've seen before.

Whatever it was, it definitely wasn't normal deja vu. I was thinking about it while reading this thread and got the worst chills.

PhantomGreen
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:51 pm 

MorbidSepulDeath wrote:
RedMisanthrope wrote:

Is this it?

Watch this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nao8T5bK ... re=related

mea navis aëricumbens anguillis abundat

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:24 pm 

Gelseth_Andrano wrote:
WOW. After like 5 days at work i've actually finished reading this entire thread from page one. There is some CRAZY stuff on this thread! I'd really hope to let this thread die, so I'm gonna make another very small contribution to it!
SO here it goes

OK, maybe 4 or 5 years back i was hangin out with all of my friends at one of their houses after a long and gore filled night of some D&D (represent and respect YO) and we had laid out our sleeping bags and pillows and ended up talking for another 3 hours before anyon actually fell asleep. About 5 minutes after everyone had finallaly stopped talking an ear splittingly loud sound that sounds like screetching tires fills the entire room. This noise last for about 30 seconds, but the strange thing about it was, it started off sounding like squealing rubber, but aboue 10 secinds in i knew it wasn't tires at all, it was actually the sound of a woman screaming. The fact that it sounded like squealing tires just goes to show how high pitched it was. Even stranger this noise sounded like it was coming from the open window about 10 feet from where we were all sleeping. After about 5 minutes (of pure brick-shitting) i finally worked up the courage to say allowed, "did anyone one else hear that shit?" and them my friend john yelled back almost imediately back "yeah man I heared that too!"
It turns out that not only was everyone else in the room asleep, but none of them had even woken up by this terrifying death final noise scream emmited from near the window. still remeber what that sounded like. Fuckin Weird

Also, about 2 months ago, it was about 9 pm, i left my appt building to go somewhere, (super wallmart (that's where all the real Nightlife is at in Dekalb IL)) and i heard anoth woman scream in terror as a car door slammed and screetching tires drove away. This was in a parking lot for a gorcery store that went under. it was about 100-150 yrds from my house.
Fuck dekalb

I can totally connect with this! I was over my bud's place to play D&D and after we called it a night, we went outside to say goodbye to Jeremy (he was driving home, the other three of us were bunking), and we hear that sound like a woman shrieking, over the course of maybe ten minutes. Every thirty seconds or so we'd hear it again. It was, most likely, just a possum. You know, they got the screams for the LotR Ringwraiths by recording possums at night.

Which reminds me, one night were playing D&D and my D4 got lost... I was ticked! We'd played several times after that, and I had emptied out my dice bag loads of times. Well, months later, we're playing inside of a different house, I empty out my dice bag on the table (nothing spills, they're all there except for the d4), then while talking I shift my gaze downward thoughtlessly and right between my feet is my d4. I freaked out.

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:31 pm 

Mysticaloldbard wrote:
Gelseth_Andrano wrote:
WOW. After like 5 days at work i've actually finished reading this entire thread from page one. There is some CRAZY stuff on this thread! I'd really hope to let this thread die, so I'm gonna make another very small contribution to it!
SO here it goes

OK, maybe 4 or 5 years back i was hangin out with all of my friends at one of their houses after a long and gore filled night of some D&D (represent and respect YO) and we had laid out our sleeping bags and pillows and ended up talking for another 3 hours before anyon actually fell asleep. About 5 minutes after everyone had finallaly stopped talking an ear splittingly loud sound that sounds like screetching tires fills the entire room. This noise last for about 30 seconds, but the strange thing about it was, it started off sounding like squealing rubber, but aboue 10 secinds in i knew it wasn't tires at all, it was actually the sound of a woman screaming. The fact that it sounded like squealing tires just goes to show how high pitched it was. Even stranger this noise sounded like it was coming from the open window about 10 feet from where we were all sleeping. After about 5 minutes (of pure brick-shitting) i finally worked up the courage to say allowed, "did anyone one else hear that shit?" and them my friend john yelled back almost imediately back "yeah man I heared that too!"
It turns out that not only was everyone else in the room asleep, but none of them had even woken up by this terrifying death final noise scream emmited from near the window. still remeber what that sounded like. Fuckin Weird

Also, about 2 months ago, it was about 9 pm, i left my appt building to go somewhere, (super wallmart (that's where all the real Nightlife is at in Dekalb IL)) and i heard anoth woman scream in terror as a car door slammed and screetching tires drove away. This was in a parking lot for a gorcery store that went under. it was about 100-150 yrds from my house.
Fuck dekalb

I can totally connect with this! I was over my bud's place to play D&D and after we called it a night, we went outside to say goodbye to Jeremy (he was driving home, the other three of us were bunking), and we hear that sound like a woman shrieking, over the course of maybe ten minutes. Every thirty seconds or so we'd hear it again. It was, most likely, just a possum. You know, they got the screams for the LotR Ringwraiths by recording possums at night.

Which reminds me, one night were playing D&D and my D4 got lost... I was ticked! We'd played several times after that, and I had emptied out my dice bag loads of times. Well, months later, we're playing inside of a different house, I empty out my dice bag on the table (nothing spills, they're all there except for the d4), then while talking I shift my gaze downward thoughtlessly and right between my feet is my d4. I freaked out.

Wow, that's pretty Insane man, both of those stories! yeah, it didn't help freak me out any less cause always played D&D in my friends creepy ass basement. It looked like it coukld have easily been a room in a dungeon

jugchord07
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:50 pm 

PhantomGreen wrote:
MorbidSepulDeath wrote:
RedMisanthrope wrote:

Is this it?

Watch this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nao8T5bK ... re=related

That was cool, maybe fake but it was still cool...

Review requests http://www.metal-archives.com/board/vie ... hp?t=74246

My blog http://foulfeast.blogspot.com

SomberSymphony
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:13 pm 

A few nights ago I was trying to fall asleep [I have mild insomnia], so I decided to open my window for the breeze. After about 15 minutes, I hear this faint noise. I fade back into awareness to try and figure out what it is. It's this steady, continuing grinding sound. I sit up in my bed. It's definitely coming from outside. [Now let me quickly explain - my house is on a slight hill. There's another house across our road, also on a hill but at the same height as us. Due to the acoustics of the street, we can both hear each other really well. If someone's talking in their driveway, it sounds like it's in ours, etc.] So I stick my head out the window, and I can tell that the sound is coming from across the street, near where their driveway meets the street. But I can't see a thing. There are a few insane people that wander around our street; one in particular pushes a baby stroller. [Nobody's seen her for a while, though.] This sound, once I thought back to this lady, sounded exactly like a stroller being pushed around. But this sound was isolated at one spot. It got louder sometimes, faded away other times, but kept grinding and grinding away.

So eventually I shut the window and went to sleep.

SpiritOfTheForest
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:09 pm 

So it seems like my building is haunted.

Every so often we hear the voice of a woman singing some sort of old classical/opera. It's always around the same time of day (between 1 and 3pm). The sound seems to come from above and seems to come from different directions from above as if someone is pacing above the ceiling. Now this is bizarre because we're a top floor flat so there can't be anyone above us - furthermore the singing has a "Victorian" feel and we live in a Victorian building. And we're not the only ones who can hear her...a few weeks ago a woman from downstairs knocked on our door asking if we had a woman singing in our flat. We said no and she informed us as that she'd knocked on every other door in the building and the residents had all claimed there was nobody in there singing but they could also hear it and wondered who it was...strange eh?

A further bizarre thing is my girlfriend told me something with some hesitation last night. She said she didn't tell me sooner as I'd get freaked out but claimed that she sometimes has seen the ghostly figure of a young woman floating above, moving through the walls. Apparently she was wearing an old white dress not of our time. She also said she would occasionally see the figure of a man who didn't do anything, but stood in the corner watching. A further reason for not wanting to talk about this is that she told me that she's always been able to see "ghosts" or whatever and has experienced them in her house too and said she thinks only some people can see them and also that she thinks my particular ghosts mean us no harm. I understand this probably sounds really hokey and silly to a lot of people reading this but it's pretty creepy. So in conclusion given that our whole building can hear this singing lady and it comes from above when we're a top floor flat, I'd say I've had my first ghostly experience.

Fortifiv3
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:10 pm 

SpiritOfTheForest wrote:
So it seems like my building is haunted.

Every so often we hear the voice of a woman singing some sort of old classical/opera. It's always around the same time of day (between 1 and 3pm). The sound seems to come from above and seems to come from different directions from above as if someone is pacing above the ceiling. Now this is bizarre because we're a top floor flat so there can't be anyone above us - furthermore the singing has a "Victorian" feel and we live in a Victorian building. And we're not the only ones who can hear her...a few weeks ago a woman from downstairs knocked on our door asking if we had a woman singing in our flat. We said no and she informed us as that she'd knocked on every other door in the building and the residents had all claimed there was nobody in there singing but they could also hear it and wondered who it was...strange eh?

Yes, that is strange. A couple of nights ago I woke up at about 2 am and looked in the corner of my room(which was dark). I saw a weird looking figure, definitely not a human, and it scared me. A few moments later a dog emerged from the corner and I realized it was my dog. My heart was beating so fast.

kaltdunkelheit
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:33 pm 

About 3 or 4 years ago, it was a snowy night, about 2.am and I took a glimpse out of my room's window and I saw a woman standing in the edge of the front house's roof and I was fucking shocked, the creepy thing was that I couldn't detect her face at that time and the creepiest part is that after I saw her I was fucking scared and I ran to downstairs and told the family the whole thing, but when we checked the roof, there was no one!

I never forget that night...

ScorchedEarth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:11 pm 

Creepiest thing for me was... some random old lady put her arm around me on the bus once.

mgjerv
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:43 am 

Diamhea wrote:
I have one:

First off, I am a notably deep sleeper, I rarely wake up during the night for anything. One night about 3 months ago right after I initially fall asleep I re-awake into a sleep paralysis state. Now I've never experienced one of these before, or at least not with enough lucidity to remember it past the next morning. I was fully conscious but when I tried to move or speak nothing happened. At this point a black figure entered my room (My room is the basement, so it is fairly large, the entrance is about 20 feet straight across from the foot of my bed) and begins moving across the room. I remember trying to speak and go "Mom, is that you?" as she was the only other person there at the time. Again, no luck muttering a word. This went on for ~30 seconds as the figure got nearer and then I just snapped out of it and it was all back to normal.

Man, that shit is so got damn frightening. I've only experienced it once myself, and I remember it very clearly. I was lying in my bed, unable to move (duh), and there was a person that I was just barely unable to look at. I strained my neck so badly trying to look over. If I remember correctly, I think that person was my brother (at least that is what I thought at the time), and he was mocking me for some reason.

A very funny feeling, suddenly 'waking' up, being completely unable to move a single muscle and being frightened as hell.

Except for one other time involving some very freaky stuff, still unexplained, this is the most scary experience I've had. At least sleep paralysis has a reasonable explanation, unlike other things!

Vargafetch
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:42 am 

Vargafetch wrote:
Haha, there's nothing less enjoyable than getting an adrenaline rush while you're trying to go to sleep and have to get up for work in the morning or whatever.

I've never gotten sleep paralysis as it's usually described. I have had some literally prophetic dreams before though of some pretty inane stuff.

There was a guy who got removed from my workplace for watching youtube while he shouldn't have been. I dreamt that I came to work one day and was trying to find my supervisor to ask him a question but he was not on site. In his place was the guy who had been removed for watching youtube.

It was a mostly uninteresting dream and I promptly forgot about it until recently when I'd just arrived to work (I do graveyard shift and my supervisor is on afternoon shift). I wanted to ask my supervisor a question, and suddenly got a striking feeling of deja vu, realizing I'd been standing at the exact same place in my dream months before when the thought entered my head then that I wanted to ask my supervisor a question.

Only after that did I find out that my supervisor wasn't on site that day for whatever reason (I think he had booked it off because he had to work an extra day or something), and in his place, the only person who was still site-trained and available for that day was the guy who had been removed for watching youtube.

I did not know what to think. Not the first time this has happened, either.

I've had some more prophetic dreams about work. It's starting to make me want to write down my dreams beforehand so I can prove it!

I had a dream awhile ago that I wore my Toxic Holocaust shirt to work, and that a coworker of mine was trying to read the shirt, and got as far as Toxic, then said something wrong like "Bombadil" or something, and I had to correct him. I forgot about the dream after I woke up, and so I didn't think anything of it when I wore my Toxic Holocaust shirt under my work uniform that day. When I took it off, the same guy who'd been in my dream trying to read it saw it under my uniform, and said: "what does that say? Toxic.... um...." and then proceeded to say wrong words for 'Holocaust' because it was illegible. Suddenly I got smacked with a deja vu, and I was really surprised.

Then, I had a dream two nights ago that I'd been monitoring cameras at work, and watching 4 girls in an area (we'll call it "Area 1") fooling around and being drunk - this is a normal occurrence because I do graveyard shifts watching cameras in an area that's very close to the downtown core and hence all the clubs. The 4 girls proceeded to light up joints, and I'm supposed to call a security guard to remove them in that case. So I did, and my coworker Ben went to go kick them out of the area, and did. I woke up thinking "what a boring dream, why am I dreaming about such pointless things? I might as well be at work."

Well, that same night, I got a motion sensor alarm from "Area 1" (we don't actually have cameras in that spot), so I sent Ben to go investigate, and he removed 4 girls for smoking pot. I got deja vu again, and got him to tell me what direction they were heading, and watched them where we DID have a camera. In my dream, I'd only watched two of them closely, one was a brunette and one was a blonde, and I'd paid attention to what they were wearing. And guess what, it was the same girls.

:/

~Guest 193166
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:57 am 

ScorchedEarth wrote:
Creepiest thing for me was... some random old lady put her arm around me on the bus once.

Same. It's extremely unsettling when you feel those flappy grandma arms touch you... just goes beyond creepy.

SwordofTheMetalBard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:59 am 

Carter wrote:
MikeyC wrote:
I ran over and he said, "look at that," pointing at the sky. It was partly cloudy, but otherwise clear, and I couldn't see anything. My dad's like, "right near that cloud!" It must've taken a good 30 seconds, but I found it - three dots, in triangle formation, moving across the sky. They were too far to make out what they were, but it seemed they were too far to be birds or planes. We just watched and watched it until they all came together as one, then disappeared completely.

Holy shit! Something eerily similar to this happened to me :shock: My mom & I went over to my aunt and uncles house one night to look at stars because my uncle had just bought a really nice telescope. Then after awhile I saw these three red dots (not with the telescope) moving pretty quickly across the sky. I pointed it out to my family and they all saw them, too. The dots were all moving around, yet still staying in a triangle formation. My uncle works for AT&T and said that they couldn't be satellites because of the form they were in and the speed at which they were moving. We all kept watching them until they went out of sight.

When I was younger...me and my twin brother saw three points of light go across the sky right over our tiny neighbourhood...wtf.

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:01 pm 

Gelseth_Andrano wrote:
After long night of fencing practice, I finally get home and am ready for a shower/ sleep. I'm just walking up to my back door when i hear the sound of garbage cans getting knocked over. I look at the alley way between my nighbors garage and the back of somone else's house and see this THING slink ino the alleyway, nocking over trashcans on its way. The wierdest part about it was that it was too big to be a dog or a cat, and it's limbs were perportioned like a homan's, woth slimy looking bannana yellow skin. This creature had a slink like that of gollum, and had JUST missed the sight of its head. it was about 4 feet tall while hunched over. getting the chills just thinking about it...

Ok, so to update this story, the town about 5 miles away from me is a place called Sabbona, famous Idian cheif with the same name, huge lake great for fishing blah blah blah. Anyway, i was retelling this storyy to a co-worker of mine, and he just looked at me with shock and apparently this yellow thing is a big legend/rumor at Shabbona lake...he and half his extended family all saw this thing one night, after his buddy told him they needed to leave before dark, because THAT thing comes out...This re-creeped the SHIT out of me. Apparently this thing slinked out of a bush and dove right into the water, and didn't resurface. he saw its yellow skin sink deeper and deeper into the water. They didn't see its head either.

The_Beast_In_Black wrote:
I touch ladies all the time.
Ladies can't get enough of my touchings

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:08 pm 

Vargafetch wrote:

I had a dream awhile ago that I wore my Toxic Holocaust shirt to work, and that a coworker of mine was trying to read the shirt, and got as far as Toxic, then said something wrong like "Bombadil" or something

Heh, I just got a huge kick out of that..."Toxic Bombadil" probably because I get the reference but it is just hilarious to me how that is the first thing that came to your mind.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Fortifiv3
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:51 am 

Anyone here ever seen any Cryptids?

Vargafetch
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:09 am 

Diamhea wrote:
Vargafetch wrote:

I had a dream awhile ago that I wore my Toxic Holocaust shirt to work, and that a coworker of mine was trying to read the shirt, and got as far as Toxic, then said something wrong like "Bombadil" or something

Heh, I just got a huge kick out of that..."Toxic Bombadil" probably because I get the reference but it is just hilarious to me how that is the first thing that came to your mind.

It's funny why you think I thought of that, but the real reason is even better.

One of my coworkers is a nerdy Asian dude, whose first and middle names are Bombadil Thor.

!!!

(he was born in the 70s)

ScorchedEarth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:00 pm 

ksevile wrote:
ScorchedEarth wrote:

Same. It's extremely unsettling when you feel those flappy grandma arms touch you... just goes beyond creepy.

Yeah, I couldn't even manage to tell her to take it off me, it was just too damn creepy.

What did you do about it?

ForbiddenSunrise
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:57 am 

Fortifiv3 wrote:
Anyone here ever seen any Cryptids?

Like Bigfoot? I haven't seen one but I've read many frightening encounters. Have you seen one?

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25