Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Ghost_Of_War
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:42 am 

The US get all the best shows waaaaay before us Brits, so I end up downloading them or buying box sets when they come out. The shows I'm really into at the moment are The Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire, Breaking Bad and Sons Of Anarchy. Just finished the 3rd season of SOA, absolutely superb TV.

Motorpriest
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:06 pm 

Fulci420 wrote:
Only good shows on tv now is 2 and a half men.

I really don't see what everyone sees in this show.

Shows that I'm watching right now? I don't watch much TV (only have it because the cable company is actually taking 6$ off my internet/phone bill to have it), but I love The Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother.

Argonauth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:42 am 

I love me some Ghost Hunters, and quite a few shows from TruTV, and Man v Food

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:41 am 

Motorpriest wrote:
Fulci420 wrote:

Shows that I'm watching right now? I don't watch much TV (only have it because the cable company is actually taking 6$ off my internet/phone bill to have it), but I love The Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother.

You like Big Bang Theory but not 2 and a Half Men...doesn't compute...

Expedience
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:47 pm 

The new Futurama episodes were pretty bad. It has seemed to have adopted the Simpsons motto "we must be funny at all costs" while sacrificing cohesiveness, which was what made Futurama 100 times better than the Simpsons in the first place. Disappointing.

DrFunkenstein
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:12 pm 

Motorpriest wrote:
Fulci420 wrote:

I don't get it either. It's so incredibly unfunny it makes my head hurt. Such incredibly dry and two-dimensional stereotypical stock sitcom characters.

Cynical_Misanthropy
Sect of Sorrow

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:13 am 

Expedience wrote:
The new Futurama episodes were pretty bad. It has seemed to have adopted the Simpsons motto "we must be funny at all costs" while sacrificing cohesiveness, which was what made Futurama 100 times better than the Simpsons in the first place. Disappointing.

I agree 100%, although the new Futurama is wayyyy better than the new Simpsons.

Some of my favorite TV shows are old Simpsons, first four seasons of Futurama, and Monk. I cannot wait for the new season of Superjail, that's become one of my favorite TV shows. I absolutely love the constant psychedelic shifts and the awesome and gory battle scenes. I've also been watching old episodes of Tales From The Crypt that I downloaded. Anyone else remember that show? Certainly brings back childhood memories (although I should not have been watching that show as a child and now understand why my mom always hated me watching it).

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:59 am 

Empyreal wrote:
lord_ghengis wrote:
Empyreal wrote:
Just watched episode 11 of the 5th season of Dexter and it was great. Really frigging intense - man I love this show. Vital, nail-biting, suspenseful and cut-throat. It started off good, but with the last two seasons has become something truly great and first-class. There's been a very subtle progression in the writing that has turned it into something more mainstream - slightly - but also more grandiose and more intricate.

I agree somewhat, Aus has only had the first two eps of season 5 so far, and it hasn't impressed me too much, there is a noticable shit from plot driven stuff to relationship drama. It started to be getting a little bit stale by season 3, but Season 4 really brought a lot of life back, easily the best of the show.

Season 5 really picks up the pace after episode 5 or so. Trust me, it gets a lot more intense.

Episode 3 certainly picked up a hell of a lot, and the previews for what's coming showed a lot of promise too. I'm glad the children are out of it, preteen angst has no place in my fun murder based tv show.

Attitude
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:53 pm 

Attitude wrote:

Currently, I’ve just bought the Battlestar Galactica box set so I’m just going through season 1. Not sure what to make of it yet. It’s a bit all over the place and I sometimes find it tiresome to follow what’s going on. The story line isn’t engaging enough to warrant the effort so far. At this point I’m thinking it would have been better as a movie rather than the drawn out TV show that it seems to be.

I take that back. All over the place, yes.. but I've just started season 3 (been watching it relentlessly) and it's actually really very good.

DescensionToCocytus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:39 am 

i enjoy most anything by seth macfarlane. also the simpsons.

but lately i mostly just watch the history and discovery channels, most of the stuff on tv these days, for fucks sake. It's like you can feel your IQ dropping when you watch it

I do not want to fist any bros.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:56 am 

Motorpriest wrote:
Fulci420 wrote:

I actually really like this show. It's a very monotonous formula, I won't deny that, but I think it's actually really funny. I've got all the seasons that have been released in Australia, up to 7, and I'm eagerly anticipating season 8 when that's released.

DescensionToCocytus wrote:
i enjoy most anything by seth macfarlane ... most of the stuff on tv these days, for fucks sake. It's like you can feel your IQ dropping when you watch it

I sense some disparity here. :P I can't agree with you about Seth MacFarlane, unfortunately. While I enjoy American Dad, Family Guy is very hit and miss, mostly miss. I don't like the random shit they throw in there. However, there are some episodes where they get it right, which are the more unusual ones, like the recent one I saw where Stewie and Brian are locked in the room with all the safety deposit boxes. That was a great episode because it was different and they didn't rely on the stupid flashbacks. Plus the comedy gives way to a very serious monologue by Brian towards the end, which I felt was a very nice change of pace.

American Dad is better, however I feel it's taken a dip in quality. I recently bought season 5 and, while I was entertained, I didn't see much in the way of laugh-out-loud comedy. I think MacFarlane is running out of steam. And whatever happened to the story about the golden turd??? I was getting right into that but it seems to have been ditched.

New Futurama episodes are golden, though. Matt Groening is showing MacFarlane how good comedy is done, relying on a good story and actual jokes rather than a random curse word and praying it worked.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

mgjerv
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:27 am 

What'd everyone think of the Dexter finale? Without spoiling anything, I was utterly disappointed. Got damn Lumen ruined the entire season for me. She was especially atrocious in the finale. What a bitch.

On a brighter side, the best show in the universe, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia had a fantastic season! Not a single unfunny episode. Definetly going to re-watch all the episodes, looking forward to that :)

Supernatural also had a decent run before the hiatus. Except for a shoddy start, most episodes were enjoyable.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:47 am 

mgjerv wrote:
What'd everyone think of the Dexter finale? Without spoiling anything, I was utterly disappointed. Got damn Lumen ruined the entire season for me. She was especially atrocious in the finale. What a bitch

I don't understand the animosity toward her, she did a fine job and the finale was pretty much the only ending this season could have had. People just seem to expect way too much.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:35 pm 

mgjerv wrote:
On a brighter side, the best show in the universe, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia had a fantastic season! Not a single unfunny episode. definitely going to re-watch all the episodes, looking forward to that :)

Excellent show! I've watched about 2 seasons and a little bit of season 3, so I've got heaps to go before I've caught up.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

By_Inheritance
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:03 pm 

Tv bores me. Only things i watch are repeats of Blackadder, Fawlty Towers and the like and films. All these current shows at the moment are crap. I have been watching The Walking Dead though but that's only because i like the graphic novel.

mgjerv
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:06 pm 

Empyreal wrote:
mgjerv wrote:
What'd everyone think of the Dexter finale? Without spoiling anything, I was utterly disappointed. Got damn Lumen ruined the entire season for me. She was especially atrocious in the finale. What a bitch

I don't understand the animosity toward her, she did a fine job and the finale was pretty much the only ending this season could have had. People just seem to expect way too much.

I just think she's a mediocre actress. Not good, but not the worst either. I was sort of hoping she would be killed off in the finale actually. You might be right that people expect too much though. But I've watched all of the Dexter episodes, and it's one of my favorite shows. Season 5 was so lackluster, some of the episodes were thoroughly boring, just plain boring, which I never expected from a show like Dexter. Michael C. Hall always keep it interesting, his acting is the only thing that made season 5 watchable. I tend to get bored quickly when watching TV shows though, and that definetly has something to do with it.

While I enjoyed the Jordan Chase storyline, I just wish they had taken another approach.

SPOILER ALERT: Lumen taking off just like that was an absolute horrible thing to do. After everything Dexter did for her! "Oh hey, I had a chance to think last night when I couldn't sleep, and I don't feel like staying with you. So long!" Who does that?

@MikeyC: Prepare for tons of good laughs! This is the one single show that has me bursting out laughing. While other shows might be as 'good', there's not a single show as funny as IASIP. Along with Curb your Enthusiasm, these two shows are the only ones that have me bursting out laughing every episode. Can't wait for the new Curb season, coming up in 2011!

BoltTheGates
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:29 pm 

^Curb You Enthusiasm, eh? I've been thinking bout checking out that show since I love Seinfeld tremendously, and if you say it's as funny as Sunny, now I must watch it.

praey
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:17 pm 

I freaking love Dexter. Season 1 was a bit awkward at points but the show has just got progressively better. Season 4 was great, and despite the fact I expected Season 5 to be pretty stale given how Season 4 ended, what I've seen so far has been great (in fact, I finally get to go home tomorrow and watch the last few episodes!).

Californication, also on Showtime, is pretty good too, even if the humor can be pretty juvenile at times. I like me some Penn and Teller as well.

mgjerv
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:32 pm 

BoltTheGates wrote:
^Curb You Enthusiasm, eh? I've been thinking bout checking out that show since I love Seinfeld tremendously, and if you say it's as funny as Sunny, now I must watch it.

I think Larry David is hilarious! Even more so when he says a lot of the storylines from the show are based on experiences from real life.

One of the things that are great about Curb is the community Larry David lives in. He's like a complete outcast in the hollywood scene, it's hilarious. No matter what the guy does he can't seem to please anyone. It does have a sense of realism aswell, which definetly counts as a plus considering the show's location. There are some great guest roles aswell, like Ted Danson for example. There is tons of episodes aswell, 7 seasons if I'm not mistaken.

I very much doubt that you'll be disappointed. Go watch it :)

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:50 pm 

mgjerv wrote:
Empyreal wrote:
mgjerv wrote:

I just think she's a mediocre actress. Not good, but not the worst either. I was sort of hoping she would be killed off in the finale actually. You might be right that people expect too much though. But I've watched all of the Dexter episodes, and it's one of my favorite shows. Season 5 was so lackluster, some of the episodes were thoroughly boring, just plain boring, which I never expected from a show like Dexter. Michael C. Hall always keep it interesting, his acting is the only thing that made season 5 watchable. I tend to get bored quickly when watching TV shows though, and that definitely has something to do with it.

While I enjoyed the Jordan Chase storyline, I just wish they had taken another approach.

SPOILER ALERT: Lumen taking off just like that was an absolute horrible thing to do. After everything Dexter did for her! "Oh hey, I had a chance to think last night when I couldn't sleep, and I don't feel like staying with you. So long!" Who does that?

Season 5 was roughly the same as any other season quality-wise. Not really as good as the very early stuff but there really was no dramatic change in the writing. I actually think season 5 is probably the season where you have to watch all of the episodes in order to get the best effect from it - there aren't many climaxes or episodic traits that really work by themselves. It made much more sense, the whole season did, after I saw the finale.

SPOILERS, DON'T READ ON IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN ALL OF IT!

That wasn't really it at all. She left because her 'darkness' was gone. The two of them were together largely because they were both grieving and in need of something. Lumen needed to get revenge and closure for what happened to her - pushed to the edge. And Dexter needed to find his way again after the horrible mistakes he made leading to Rita's death. They both helped one another, that was the point of the whole season. It wasn't really a 'real' romantic relationship so much as a mutual trust and aid to one another. You would understand if you had paid a little more attention - sorry, but it really was stated quite plainly. If Lumen had stayed with Dexter, knowing what he did, the family would have turned out something ghastly like Arthur's family from season 4, with her scared into silence, unable to relate to him anymore, yet knowing painfully what he was doing when he said he had to "go out" every night. It would have been terrible and the only conclusion to these characters' relationship was for her to leave. Sad but true.

Last edited by Empyreal on Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oblarg
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:59 pm 

Ghost_Of_War wrote:
The US get all the best shows waaaaay before us Brits, so I end up downloading them or buying box sets when they come out. The shows I'm really into at the moment are The Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire, Breaking Bad and Sons Of Anarchy. Just finished the 3rd season of SOA, absolutely superb TV.

The US doesn't have a single comedy that comes anywhere near The Thick of It, so stop complaining.

Hell, you can't even buy it on DVD over here, I had to obtain it through...less legal means.

mgjerv
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:29 am 

Empyreal wrote:
mgjerv wrote:
Empyreal wrote:
mgjerv wrote:

I just think she's a mediocre actress. Not good, but not the worst either. I was sort of hoping she would be killed off in the finale actually. You might be right that people expect too much though. But I've watched all of the Dexter episodes, and it's one of my favorite shows. Season 5 was so lackluster, some of the episodes were thoroughly boring, just plain boring, which I never expected from a show like Dexter. Michael C. Hall always keep it interesting, his acting is the only thing that made season 5 watchable. I tend to get bored quickly when watching TV shows though, and that definitely has something to do with it.

Season 5 was roughly the same as any other season quality-wise. Not really as good as the very early stuff but there really was no dramatic change in the writing. I actually think season 5 is probably the season where you have to watch all of the episodes in order to get the best effect from it - there aren't many climaxes or episodic traits that really work by themselves. It made much more sense, the whole season did, after I saw the finale.

SPOILERS, DON'T READ ON IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN ALL OF IT!

That wasn't really it at all. She left because her 'darkness' was gone. The two of them were together largely because they were both grieving and in need of something. Lumen needed to get revenge and closure for what happened to her - pushed to the edge. And Dexter needed to find his way again after the horrible mistakes he made leading to Rita's death. They both helped one another, that was the point of the whole season. It wasn't really a 'real' romantic relationship so much as a mutual trust and aid to one another. You would understand if you had paid a little more attention - sorry, but it really was stated quite plainly. If Lumen had stayed with Dexter, knowing what he did, the family would have turned out something ghastly like Arthur's family from season 4, with her scared into silence, unable to relate to him anymore, yet knowing painfully what he was doing when he said he had to "go out" every night. It would have been terrible and the only conclusion to these characters' relationship was for her to leave. Sad but true.

!!THIS MIGHT CONTAIN SPOILERS!!

I think you do make some good points actually, especially the part about being like Arthur's family. But I don't think the problem was that I didn't "get" it, I just had a problem with it. As an imdb poster stated, one does not simply drop the dark passenger, just like that. I just think the writing was too simple, not very Dexter like. Dexter would've killed all of these men with or without Lumen though. Yeah, I know it was Dexter's choice to bring Lumen along, it's not like she blackmailed him or anything like that.

The way they made it seem like Lumen had moved on over the course of one night was my problem with the ending. I always watch the episodes in the right order though. As for the quality of season 5, I didn't enjoy this season as much as the others.

I think I'm going to rewatch the old seasons of Dexter soon, I miss some of the old characters. Doakes was always awesome! "Stop grinning like a psycho and get back to work!" That guy.. haha :)

Clearly we have very different opinions of season 5, and while I respect yours I don't think us discussing our opinions will have a constructive outcome :p.

mgjerv
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:40 am 

Double post

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:29 pm 

There were classic television shows that I loved growing up. The Incredible Hulk was awesome. I have all the seasons on a bootleg box set. Still enjoyable to watch them every now and then and there were a few great episodes but looking back as an adult, most of them are rinky dink and formulaic; Mostly it was just David going about meeting new people and places while on the run , gets mixed up with bad guys who make him mad and turns into the Hulk who tosses them aside, bangs down a door and runs away.

DescensionToCocytus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:58 am 

MikeyC wrote:
American Dad is better ... whatever happened to the story about the golden turd??? I was getting right into that but it seems to have been ditched.

you missed an episode. there was one where the rapture happened, and it was forty years later on earth, Stan was fighting a war against satan's armies or something, alongside jesus. Jesus gives him the golden turd and he knocks out a guard with it. case closed

I do not want to fist any bros.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:41 am 

mgjerv wrote:
As for the quality of season 5, I didn't enjoy this season as much as the others.

I think I'm going to rewatch the old seasons of Dexter soon, I miss some of the old characters. Doakes was always awesome! "Stop grinning like a psycho and get back to work!" That guy.. haha :)

Yeah, Doakes was the best, man. He was my favorite character. And the early seasons definitely had something to them that the newer ones don't. It's mostly just that the show as a whole offers the kind of story and characters that I really love in general, so even if some of the stuff they do now isn't the same innovative spark as the first season, I'll still watch it. It's still a damn good show. Just a continuation of the Dexter saga which is still going strong in my books. The next season could always bring back a monster of a villain like season 4 had, you never know...

MikeyC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:31 am 

MikeyC wrote:
American Dad is better ... whatever happened to the story about the golden turd??? I was getting right into that but it seems to have been ditched.

you missed an episode. there was one where the rapture happened, and it was forty years later on earth, Stan was fighting a war against satan's armies or something, alongside jesus. Jesus gives him the golden turd and he knocks out a guard with it. case closed

What season is that on? I haven't seen that, and it's not on any of the box sets I have. That sounds like a very anti-climactic ending.

ZarathustraHead wrote:

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:01 am 

Empyreal wrote:
mgjerv wrote:
As for the quality of season 5, I didn't enjoy this season as much as the others.

Yeah, Doakes was the best, man. He was my favorite character. And the early seasons definitely had something to them that the newer ones don't. It's mostly just that the show as a whole offers the kind of story and characters that I really love in general, so even if some of the stuff they do now isn't the same innovative spark as the first season, I'll still watch it. It's still a damn good show. Just a continuation of the Dexter saga which is still going strong in my books. The next season could always bring back a monster of a villain like season 4 had, you never know...

I stand by my thoughts that the guy who played Doakes is about the worst actor ever, with his ridiculous "tough pout" and angry high speed yammering.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:25 am 

MikeyC wrote:
MikeyC wrote:

What season is that on? I haven't seen that, and it's not on any of the box sets I have. That sounds like a very anti-climactic ending.

It's from season 5, called "Rapture's Delight". Neat episode, not to mention awesome. :D The turd resolution was a bit underwhelming though, I'll give you that. But that was kinda the point, I think.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:04 am 

lord_ghengis wrote:
Empyreal wrote:
mgjerv wrote:

I stand by my thoughts that the guy who played Doakes is about the worst actor ever, with his ridiculous "tough pout" and angry high speed yammering.

He started out pretty bad, but he got a lot better as it went on, and his energy and screen presence were always good.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:47 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
MikeyC wrote:
MikeyC wrote:

It's from season 5, called "Rapture's Delight". Neat episode, not to mention awesome. :D The turd resolution was a bit underwhelming though, I'll give you that. But that was kinda the point, I think.

Hmm, I guess the seasons in Australia are different than those elsewhere. I have season 5, but I suppose I won't see that episode until season 6 is released.

ZarathustraHead wrote:

mgjerv
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:31 pm 

Any Weeds enthusiasts around? I started watching about 2 weeks ago or so, currently I'm at the second season. I was very surprised when I started watching it, I never thought it would be so good! It's actually funny, dramatic and exciting.

I like how they're handling the whole single mother/weed dealer ordeal aswell. They seem to know a thing or two about cannabis aswell, not the usual shit you see when cannabis is a subject. Drugs and their effects are usually handled so poorly in TV shows and movies, but Weeds nailed it.

Mary-Louise Parker is also a super hot milf, definetly a plus!

DeathRiderDoom
Pro Sports Warder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:30 am 

I watch so much episodes of stuff it's ridiculous (as most of the regulars in #metal know). I have one external hard drive just full of brilliant TV.
For dramas, i love X files, The Wire, Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Band of Brothers, The Pacific and Sons of Anarchy is alright.

For comedy TV shows, i love Seinfeld, and know just about every line for the show memorised, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Arrested Development, and tones of British shows: Armando Iannucci, Alan Partridge, Nathan Barley, 15 Storeys High, Peep Show, Fawlty Towers, Ali G, Big Train, Mitchell & Webb, Spaced, Green Wing, Chappelle's Show, Brass Eye, Garth Marenghi's Dark Place and many, many, many others.

deathbotkilroy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:18 pm 

I watch a lot of true crime t.v. like cold case foles and the forst 48.
if i need fiction i watch criminal minds religeously. i also never mis cleveland and family guy fucking awesome and no race or class of people are safe gotta love equality

deathbotkilroy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:19 pm 

I watch a lot of true crime t.v. like cold case foles and the forst 48.
if i need fiction i watch criminal minds religeously. i also never mis cleveland and family guy fucking awesome and no race or class of people are safe gotta love equality

DeathRiderDoom
Pro Sports Warder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:38 pm 

Starting to watch a lot of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia again. Going through a lot of the seasons. Man, I remember when i first got into this show, like 3 years back. My flatmate was all "Bro you gotta get into this show" etc. He was a good dude, and we had a bit in common, so, even though i had reservations, i checked it out. At first i was very skeptical, i felt like the show was a cheap imitation of things like Seinfeld. But sure enough, i really came round to it. Shit is great. Frank Reynolds.

HumanWaste5150
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:44 pm 

I just got through a few British series that I enjoyed quite a bit : Mock the Week, Coupling and Spaced.
We fought to the last breath
Wonder if we will shake hands
Beyond the gates of death

DeathRiderDoom
Pro Sports Warder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:12 pm 

HumanWaste5150 wrote:
I just got through a few British series that I enjoyed quite a bit : Mock the Week, Coupling and Spaced.

Spaced is kinda cool - quirky and pretty original, though i'm concerned it gets too much credit. A better show with some of the same attributes is IDEAL, that show fucking owns for so many reasons. I command anyone reading this post to go watch it from episode one, to episode say, 4, and not get hooked on it - and watch the rest within a week or so. Can't happen - too good, too addictive.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:44 pm 

DeathRiderDoom wrote:
Starting to watch a lot of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia again. Going through a lot of the seasons. Man, I remember when i first got into this show, like 3 years back. My flatmate was all "Bro you gotta get into this show" etc. He was a good dude, and we had a bit in common, so, even though i had reservations, i checked it out. At first i was very skeptical, i felt like the show was a cheap imitation of things like Seinfeld. But sure enough, i really came round to it. Shit is great. Frank Reynolds.

That show is very, very good. It's definitely got Seinfeld moments, but it's hard to compare the two, as It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia is a lot more intense and cringe-worthy. Also, yeah, Frank Reynolds. DeVito's shining moment, in my opinion.

ZarathustraHead wrote:

DeathRiderDoom
Pro Sports Warder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:59 pm 

MikeyC wrote:
DeathRiderDoom wrote:

That show is very, very good. It's definitely got Seinfeld moments, but it's hard to compare the two, as It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia is a lot more intense and cringe-worthy. Also, yeah, Frank Reynolds. DeVito's shining moment, in my opinion.

DeVito's definitely great in that show, but he's done a LOT of good work. 1986's "Ruthless People" is a great example of his style in his famous era.

Man the strippers in this now playing episode of IASIP are hot. Just sayin'.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 182  Next