Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:41 am 

Hey all,
Every so often I reread the creepy stories thread, and time flies while I'm at work. Not only that, I saw how much fun everyone was having in that thread, and I kind of wanted to bring that back. If this thread takes off, great, if not, well I tried. I know there was a paranormal experiences thread about 5-6 months ago, but I'd like to go about this a bit differently.
DeKalb is a very odd place sometimes. Tons of ancient houses mixed with new, tons of odd people and lots of strange occurrences. Definitely takes on a whole new personality at night, like many of the residents there. Creepy buildings, alley ways, and definitely people. Being an ex pizza guy, you're forced to experience every facet of your city to the utmost, and usually trace a good 70%+ of the whole place in one night. This is an awesome way to find great places to check out while you're not working. In my town I know any place for basically any occasion. You're looking for cool stuff to explore, come here, if you're looking for a place to do business of any kind, come here, and so on and so forth. This particular story made me realize that even in a place where I’ve lived for almost my whole life, there are some things that I need to examine more carefully...or avoid all together.

It was a balmy summer after noon, and my buddy and I had been talking all day about forming a band, and how awesome it would be and all that great stuff. We were only 18 at the time, so still pretty naive about the world. Anyway, we wanted to find a place we'd be able to take awesome band photos at, so I bring up a place I know of in DeKalb that the kids call The Ocean. The Ocean, or sometimes referred to as the "B," is nestled nicely in between a bunch of warehouses on 3/4 of it, and trees on the other 1/4. This place is almost impossible to see from the roads if you're not looking for it, so it's when of DeKalb’s nicer parks, and better kept secrets. It's a very large basically rectangular park with a huge oval lake in the middle, hence "The Ocean." Something I'd always noticed was that on the other side of the trees, there was an old railroad system, with an ancient, huge structure for filling old train cars with corn. I'd never been over there before, so I figured we'd explore this place. We probably should have stayed home.

We fight our way through trees, and then a thick layer of seemingly never ending bushes, almost at the point of turning back when we finally broke through. There it was! This awesome looking building (must have been 40-50 feet tall) I'd seen but never really investigated until then. The layout was basically this grain mill, which was held up by two huge concrete walls (so you could walk right under it) and a small stone, mostly open, building about 10 feet away from the other side of the mill. I walk right over to this litter stone building, and am almost close enough to see inside of it, when my buddy yelled "Hey, we can totally get inside this thing!" We didn't do much exploring before we decided that we HAD to get into this building, so I turned right around and started to see what he meant. All around this building there were ladder, and ropes, and pipes, and thing one could grab onto to reach an entrance. This place definitely used to have stairs, and ladder that came down to the ground, but all that had since been removed, since this building was no longer used. While circling the building, looking of a way in, we get to the front, and notice there's a large stone pathway leading very far underground, almost like a well. We weren't sure where it lead to, since it was filled with tons of random stuff (it probably went underground to a storage room or something, a good way to drop off corn probably). So I jump on down there and am immediately hit with an awful stench, the worst thing I’ve ever smelled. It was similar to driving by particularly rank road kill, except a hundred times worse. I tried to brace myself against a rust old fridge, and caused it to tip over. Flies, roaches, centipedes, and other creepy crawlies shot out from behind like they were raging war on the world around them. I got the fuck out of there by scrambling out and using anything I could as a hand grip or foothold. I'm running around swatting at centipedes and roaches as I end up zigzagging back to the stone building. I'm basically satisfied that I’ve gotten all of the vermin off of me and lean against the stone building. My friend is laughing his ass off as he gets closer and then stops. I notice his facial expression changes from playfulness to a look of shock and curiosity at the same time. He points in the building. I figure whatever he's looking at couldn't be any worse than grain mill, so I look and see what he sees. In this little stone building I see blood. I see it on the walls, on the ceiling, a few condom wrappers, and a big bloody mattress. We got the fuck out of there.

I've been back since then, and learned a bit more about this place. An active railroad runs right next to the defunct one, and I guess a lot of homeless and junkies hand out here. A lot of death has occurred in this place, whether it's due to overdoses, accidental train related deaths, or suicide. I've been back a few times, always with someone and always during the day. No more mattress, and the smell in the building is gone (I can only dream of what that was), but I always think about that day and my experience there.

The_Beast_In_Black wrote:
I touch ladies all the time.
Ladies can't get enough of my touchings

Last edited by Gelseth_Andrano on Fri May 13, 2011 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
mindshadow
Echoes in an empty cranium

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:27 am 

That`s not creepy, that`s downright horrific.

BloodSacrificeShaman
Leopold Herman Stotch

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:49 am 

Gelseth_Andrano, you should have seized the moment and recorded a brutal death metal music video in there.

kingnuuuur
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:54 am 

Sounds like a rape and murder scene. Blood on the walls AND ceiling means that someone was bludgeoned/axed repeatedly. The decayed corpse(s) could've been dumped down the pathway where the smell and the flies and maggots were. The perpetrator(s) must've gone back to get rid of the evidence.

Did you inform the authorities?

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:10 am 

kingnuuuur wrote:
Sounds like a rape and murder scene. Blood on the walls AND ceiling means that someone was bludgeoned/axed repeatedly. The decayed corpse(s) could've been dumped down the pathway where the smell and the flies and maggots were. The perpetrator(s) must've gone back to get rid of the evidence.

Did you inform the authorities?

Jesus. It happened so long ago and I never put two and two together. No, i didn't call the authorities. I wish I would have...I feel sick to my stomach.

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:17 am 

If the place is frequented by vagrants, the police probably know about it already.

Riffs wrote:
It's been scientifically proven that appreciating Black Sabbath helps increase life expectancy, improves happiness, bumps your salary by 11 thousand dollars annually, helps fight cavities and increases penis size.

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:21 am 

Terri23 wrote:
If the place is frequented by vagrants, the police probably know about it already.

Well, I'd hope so, since four years have passed since then. I've calmed down a bit. It would have been anything. The blood on the mattress was all in one place too, kind of like a miscarriage or an abortion, I think. You can see the same stuff in a city. The condom wrappers and stench thought is something else though. I'm not a forensic expert so I couldn’t make a guess of how long the shit had been there. The blood was dry, for sure. That's basically all I can tell you. I guess it's not rare for people to do die there.

Anywa, does anyone have any creepy stories to share?

kingnuuuur
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:27 am 

Terri23 wrote:

If they did, and if it were indeed a rape & murder, then it must've been in the news.

Anyway, what happened afterwards? Did the place stay the same? Were there any reports of missing people in the area?

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:30 am 

kingnuuuur wrote:
Terri23 wrote:

If they did, and if it were indeed a rape & murder, then it must've been in the news.

Anyway, what happened afterwards? Did the place stay the same? Were there any reports of missing people in the area?

Not that I saw or heard about know. I mean people go missing in DeKalb isn't exactly unheard of. Just last year, we had like 5-6 people go missing.

BloodSacrificeShaman
Leopold Herman Stotch

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:32 am 

Well, it definitely pales in comparison to your story, but anyways.. My best friend and I often take walks during the early hours of the morning, at like 2 or 3 A.M. Now, I live in a very rural area, a village of about 300 people and surrounded by trees and shit, so off we are walking down the road, outside of town. We have been walking for about 30 minutes and there is a forest of trees on the left, all of a sudden we hear this... strange pig-sounding snarls.. but it definitely was no pig I had ever heard before. We just stopped dead in our tracks and it shut up... we stood there for like 20 seconds and my friend whispered "Blake... what the fuck was that?" and then it started snarling and grunting again. We just took off like a nuclear missile was shoved up our asses man, I've never ran so fast in my life. Back to the town we ran, went back inside my house and were as white as ghosts. Still to this day we have no idea what it was, but damn. Haha. Watching horror movies before we went for the walk probably didn't help either.

kingnuuuur
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:34 am 

Gelseth_Andrano wrote:
Not that I saw or heard about know. I mean people go missing in DeKalb isn't exactly unheard of. Just last year, we had like 5-6 people go missing.

Oh well. I think I'll search the news, because this is my field.

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:38 am 

BloodSacrificeShaman wrote:
Well, it definitely pales in comparison to your story, but anyways.. My best friend and I often take walks during the early hours of the morning, at like 2 or 3 A.M. Now, I live in a very rural area, a village of about 300 people and surrounded by trees and shit, so off we are walking down the road, outside of town. We have been walking for about 30 minutes and there is a forest of trees on the left, all of a sudden we hear this... strange pig-sounding snarls.. but it definitely was no pig I had ever heard before. We just stopped dead in our tracks and it shut up... we stood there for like 20 seconds and my friend whispered "Blake... what the fuck was that?" and then it started snarling and grunting again. We just took off like a nuclear missile was shoved up our asses man, I've never ran so fast in my life. Back to the town we ran, went back inside my house and were as white as ghosts. Still to this day we have no idea what it was, but damn. Haha. Watching horror movies before we went for the walk probably didn't help either.

Gah! i've had the same shit happen to me before. it's always freaky as shit not know where it's coming from either.

kingnuuuur wrote:
Gelseth_Andrano wrote:

Oh well. I think I'll search the news though, because this is my field.

Seriously? lol. I beleive it was '09...soooo three years ago...late summer, maybe june, august. any reports probably would have been in august.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:48 am 

Okay, this isn't "creepy" per se, but whatever.

A couple of years ago, I was hanging out with a couple of people who were a couple. I didn't, and still don't, particularly care for them, as they're quite rude and egotistical and everything, but they seemed to like me and they have always been nice to me, so that was a bonus. Anyway, it was getting late, and the girl went to bed, leaving me to hang around the guy (Dylan).

He was high, and the availability to talk to me on my own made him go on long rants. The first was how I could make $10,000 a week selling weed, and he was looking at me a little crazy. Then he was going on about his brother and he starts crying and I could see his fists come out. Then he was going on about how I was "gay, for sure." I didn't respond to lots of what he was saying, as I didn't want him to snap or go crazy on me (he's a physically bigger and stronger guy than I am). Eventually it got to about 2am or so and I decided we should go to bed, to which he thankfully agreed. So ended some of the more uncomfortable hours of my life. I haven't seen him too much since then.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:56 am 

MikeyC wrote:
Okay, this isn't "creepy" per se, but whatever.

A couple of years ago, I was hanging out with a couple of people who were a couple. I didn't, and still don't, particularly care for them, as they're quite rude and egotistical and everything, but they seemed to like me and they have always been nice to me, so that was a bonus. Anyway, it was getting late, and the girl went to bed, leaving me to hang around the guy (Dylan).

He was high, and the availability to talk to me on my own made him go on long rants. The first was how I could make $10,000 a week selling weed, and he was looking at me a little crazy. Then he was going on about his brother and he starts crying and I could see his fists come out. Then he was going on about how I was "gay, for sure." I didn't respond to lots of what he was saying, as I didn't want him to snap or go crazy on me (he's a physically bigger and stronger guy than I am). Eventually it got to about 2am or so and I decided we should go to bed, to which he thankfully agreed. So ended some of the more uncomfortable hours of my life. I haven't seen him too much since then.

I can see borderline creepy vibes with it, but probably mostly boring, and annoing lol. This guy sounds like an interesting individual

kingnuuuur
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:00 am 

Gelseth_Andrano wrote:
kingnuuuur wrote:
Oh well. I think I'll search the news though, because this is my field.

Seriously? lol. I beleive it was '09...soooo three years ago...late summer, maybe june, august. any reports probably would have been in august.

Doesn't seem likely, but the only thing I'm coming across is Toni Keller's murder; her remains were discovered in Prairie Park near NIU less than a year ago. Is that anywhere near the park you went to?

Also, out of curiosity, were you referring to the Shabbona lake? Probably not.

Last edited by kingnuuuur on Fri May 13, 2011 6:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
triggerhappy
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:03 am 

kingnuuuur wrote:

Doesn't explain the condoms though.
That's all Crick's iPod accepts. GB = Gargobytes.

kingnuuuur
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:04 am 

Condoms are also used in rapes.

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:06 am 

kingnuuuur wrote:
Doesn't seem likely, but the only thing I'm coming across is Toni Keller's murder; her remains were discovered in Prairie Park near NIU less than a year ago. Is that anywhere near the park you went to?

Also, out of curiosity, were you referring to the Shabbona lake?

No, basically opposite sides of town, actually. Yeah, we all here know about Toni Keller. So sad. I used to play in that park as a kid/teen. Airsofting wars at 3/4am. good times. And Shabbona Lake is in the actual town of Shabbona, and about 17 miles away from me.

Creepy stories, anyone?

Arkhane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:47 am 

well, not really creepy for the readers, but if you were there you would understand. this all happened a few years ago so bare with me.

I was walking home from my girlfriend's house at about 3 or 4 in the morning. now her house is just outside of the downtown area and my house is about a mile and a half outside city limits without road lights or buildings or anything. i wasn't sleep deprived either, that was my usual bedtime. but anyway, i had been walking already for about 30-45 minutes, my eyes were well used to the dark and i had been walking this road for a few months already, almost every day. what happened was the wind started picking up a little, and it got a little chilly. i put on a light jacket that i carried with me all the time and continued on. i was on the straight stretch of the road looking dead ahead about half a football field away i saw something black run onto the road, stop, and run back. now, i know there's coyotes and boars and whatnot, but this shit was human shaped, just kinda hunched over. immediately i pulled out my fixed blade pigsticker (hidden in the jacket) and waited. i didn't have a phone at this time, i was poor, unemployed, shut up. but anyway, after waiting a few seconds trying to collect myself for a fight with something i couldn't see if it ran up on me, i kept walking. every rustle in the grass, every footstep i take set off a jolt through my body, thats how disturbed i was.

Ravenlord266
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:57 am 

kingnuuuur wrote:
Condoms are also used in rapes.

I think he means that it doesn't explain the condoms still being there, as the perpetrator would've cleaned them up with the rest of the 'evidence'.

Twisted_Psychology wrote:
Some cultures radiate "I peaked in high school" energy, metal culture radiates "I peaked when somebody else peaked in high school" energy.

kingnuuuur
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:32 am 

Yeah well you'd be surprised by how often they tend to leave their condoms behind. I think it gets overlooked when they're too busy trying to hurriedly dispose of the corpse, or they just forget where they threw it, or they just don't care about it.

We just can't know!

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:35 pm 

Arkhane wrote:
well, not really creepy for the readers, but if you were there you would understand. this all happened a few years ago so bare with me.

I was walking home from my girlfriend's house at about 3 or 4 in the morning. now her house is just outside of the downtown area and my house is about a mile and a half outside city limits without road lights or buildings or anything. i wasn't sleep deprived either, that was my usual bedtime. but anyway, i had been walking already for about 30-45 minutes, my eyes were well used to the dark and i had been walking this road for a few months already, almost every day. what happened was the wind started picking up a little, and it got a little chilly. i put on a light jacket that i carried with me all the time and continued on. i was on the straight stretch of the road looking dead ahead about half a football field away i saw something black run onto the road, stop, and run back. now, i know there's coyotes and boars and whatnot, but this shit was human shaped, just kinda hunched over. immediately i pulled out my fixed blade pigsticker (hidden in the jacket) and waited. i didn't have a phone at this time, i was poor, unemployed, shut up. but anyway, after waiting a few seconds trying to collect myself for a fight with something i couldn't see if it ran up on me, i kept walking. every rustle in the grass, every footstep i take set off a jolt through my body, thats how disturbed i was.

Uh, yeah, that's definitely creepy. Let me show you something.
Gelseth_Andrano, from the old creepy thread wrote:
After long night of fencing practice, I finally get home and am ready for a shower/ sleep. I'm just walking up to my back door when I hear the sound of garbage cans getting knocked over. I look at the alley way between my neighbor’s garage and the back of someone else's house and see this THING slink into the alleyway, knocking over trashcans on its way. The weirdest part about it was that it was too big to be a dog or a cat, and its limbs were proportioned like a human’s, with slimy looking banana yellow skin. This creature had a slink like that of Gollum, and had JUST missed the sight of its head. It was about 4 feet tall while hunched over. Getting the chills just thinking about it

Apparently this thing has been sighted all over IL. I don't know where you are, but whatever this is sounds similar.

triggerhappy
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:27 pm 

Gelseth_Andrano wrote:
Gollum creature

This is definitely creepy. Anywhere I can read up on this thing? I tried googling 'Illinois creature', but there weren't many useful results.
That's all Crick's iPod accepts. GB = Gargobytes.

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:35 pm 

triggerhappy wrote:
Gelseth_Andrano wrote:
Gollum creature

This is definitely creepy. Anywhere I can read up on this thing? I tried googling 'Illinois creature', but there weren't many useful results.

I shared this story with a buddy of mine I work with, and he said poeple have seen this thing all over. I guess a LOT of people at Shabbona Lake (you won't have any trouble finding that). My buddy told me he went fishing with one of HIS friends and his whole extended family, and near nightfall they all started packing up, because they didn't want to encounter the "the creature." They were all hurrying back to their cars, and I guess 20+ people saw the thing come out from some bushes and dive right into the lake. Again, no one saw it's head. I'm not sure if what ever the hell this thing is has been published anywhere (i've never tried researching it) I'll see if I can't dig something up.

GarageMetal468
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:20 pm 

I've never heard of this Ocean place, but from the location descriptions you gave is it near the corner of Rt 38 and Peace road? There's a ton of weird stuff that goes on in that town. Unfortunately I don't have any stories (yet at least) or anything that comes to mind.

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:23 pm 

GarageMetal468 wrote:
I've never heard of this Ocean place, but from the location descriptions you gave is it near the corner of Rt 38 and Peace road? There's a ton of weird stuff that goes on in that town. Unfortunately I don't have any stories (yet at least) or anything that comes to mind.

Yeah, right after it! You can actually see the mill when you're on Peace RD, heading north towards 38. you'll go on an over pass with train tracks underneath and look to your left, there it is....

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:17 pm 

This is fairly mundane compared to some of the other stories, but it still creeped me out.

I was living waaay out in the suburbs, near some woods last fall. I was sitting on my deck having a smoke sometime after dark one night when I heard a bunch of coyotes howling. Like, a lot of them, and really loudly. It was really odd, they were just going mental and there was so many it didn’t sound like individual howls, just this intense, bestial din. As it reached a crescendo there was suddenly this piecing, awful shriek. I’m not sure if it was a coyote, but whatever it was, that was the sound of it dying. And then immediately afterward, nothing. Just dead, oppressive silence.

Creeped the hell out of me. I’ve heard coyotes howling many times before, but never like that.

mindshadow

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:20 pm 

triggerhappy wrote:

Type Forest ghoul into google. I presumed it was fake.

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:33 pm 

mindshadow wrote:
triggerhappy wrote:

Look fake as hell. I don't think that's what I saw though lol.

mindshadow

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:37 pm 

Gelseth_Andrano wrote:
triggerhappy wrote:

Look fake as hell. I don't think that's what I saw though lol.

Thank fuck for that, saw that in the news not long after watching The Descent :lol:

CorpseFister wrote:

I was living waaay out in the suburbs, near some woods last fall.

Creeped the hell out of me. I’ve heard coyotes howling many times before, but never like that.

Your story reminds me of something I read a few years ago about two teenagers and their family who had a couple of alsatians. One night they`re terrible noises in the hills above their house which go on for a few hours, noises they`d never heard before or could identify. They were all too scared to go and look, even though their two alsatians were chained up out back.
The next day they investigate to find both dogs gone and their compound destroyed.
Now I admit i was looking for UFO stories, I`m abit of a sucker for the weird and wonderful and often search for stories of this kind, but the way it was convincingly told freaked me a little. Like to think I wouldn`t have left my dogs though.

Edit: Actually I think the dogs were there but in a very distressed state and only lived a few months after the incident - sorry guys it was a few years I read the story, didn`t want to sound too melodramatic.

~Guest 226629
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:37 pm 

This thread is great so far. I have a few stories, but most of them could probably be explained away pretty simply. They were just really creepy when they occurred.

One of the scariest occurrences was when me and some friends were walking at about 2 a.m. and stopped at one of their houses for some reason. Me and this other guy decided to just split up and head back to the house we were all staying at, and everyone else said they would catch up later. Well, me and my friend are walking only two streets over, and then just like in a movie, all of the street lights start going out, from the opposite end of the street towards us. We were kind of freaked out, but just kept going and kept a conversation going. Well halfway down this street, we hear this noise behind us, so we turn around. We don't see anything, but then all of the sudden in the house we are right next to the t.v. turns on to a static channel that was loud enough for us to hear outside. Needless to say we took off running all the way back to the house. When we caught up with everyone else, they told us they went a different way and thought someone had been following them. Maybe we were all just tired and some extremely unfortunate coincidences occurred at the same time, but it was scary.

KingVold
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:05 pm 

Why so many Illinois stories? Well, here's another Illinois story that happened to my friend.
I live in rockford, and in the state park Rock Cut there's an area called WIllow Creek. Over the years, Willow Creek has gained the nickname "Freak Creek," due to a group of junkies that used to meet there regularly. Well, my friend and his girlfriend were walking there late at night, and they claim to have seen a massive animal of some sort. They described it as man-sized and black. The odd bit about it was that they described it as a 'set Animal," the unknown-ish creature they based the ancient Egyptian god on. You can see a picture of set - that fuinny thing with the long snout and ears? That's what they said it looked like.
I don't know. I believe them, but I've never had anything weird happen to me in Rock Cut, which is a pretty pleasent place. Nonetheless, a popular legend around here is that mountain lions live there, which would be odd. I've also heard other reports of ghosts at Willow Creek.
Once, while I was camping out there, my friends a large group of State Troopers dressed in mexican luchador masks, which was strange. Honestly, it freaked us out kind of bad, because it was late at night and we'd been discussing ghost stories all night.

AppleQueso wrote:
Acidgobblin wrote:
I refuse to listen to a genre using an onamatapoeiac descriptor.

Motion to change "Death Metal" to "EEURRRGHHH"

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:19 pm 

I've had a lot of weird dreams and nightmares, but nothing has ever freaked me out as much as this one I had maybe just a year ago or so. It was so surreal and vivid it was insane. All I really remember was that myself, friends, family, and others had formed this group of circle in like an absolute pitch black void surrounded by emptiness, and there was the most excruciating screaming and yelling I'd ever heard going on in the background all over, topped off with crazy tornado-like thundering winds. Next thing I remember is someone screaming "This is it!" and one by one people were being sucked away into absolute nothingness or something, we could barely see each other in this circle but one by one it got darker and darker. The screams became louder and more violent but at the same time many voices kept disappearing until I dunno, I guess I was the last one and jolted up out of bed. Freaked me the fuck out so bad I had to turn on the lights and couldn't really sleep the rest of that night. Gives me chills just thinking about it. It was like I was alive in some perception of Hell or something, with death or nothingness consuming everything. I have no idea what triggered such a weird dream. Probably sounds like nothing, but it was weird as crap and felt far too real.

A weird one as a kid though is when my two friends and I kept seeing some guy go in and out of a park bathroom (we were like 10 maybe), and so it just looked so suspicious. Being curious as we were we decided to sneak around the bathroom to try and see what was up, and he suddenly came out right around the corner of the bathroom building and didn't do anything to us but told us to get out of there or something and I think he pulled a knife or something. He casually let us go but one of my friends houses was right up the corner, so we went up there, their parents called the cops, and the guy had kidnapped some girl in the bathroom or something weird like that.

A few years later my friends and I found a random tree house in some forest. Then when we were leaving we saw some people creeping around in the forest and my friends swear they had guns, haha I have no idea if that's true but we hopped a fence and went to some nice ladies house who gave us a bunch of cookies while they called the cops, but nothing came up.

One time with my parents and family we were just leaving the house to go somewhere when it was getting dark and there was like a gang of people up holding up some girl getting punched, beat up, or some crazy shit. This was way back before cell phones and crap so we just got the hell out of there.

There was another time when I was younger and I was with my family driving around, we came to a stop with some crazy goons that had sticks with dead dogs or animals stuck through them shoving them at cars.

The four stories above were all from the same neighborhood, I can probably think of more too. Haha, holy shit did I grow up in the ghetto or something.

~Guest 226629
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:35 pm 

Xeogred wrote:
The four stories above were all from the same neighborhood, I can probably think of more too. Haha, holy shit did I grow up in the ghetto or something.

Please let us know where the area is so I can avoid it.

RaudtOgSvart
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:37 pm 

Xeogred wrote:
There was another time when I was younger and I was with my family driving around, we came to a stop with some crazy goons that had sticks with dead dogs or animals stuck through them shoving them at cars.

Wtfff

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:51 pm 

Maybe it was a ridiculous protest for something, but yeah I was too young to know. All I remember were crazy adults poking cars with dead animals on sticks.

The funny thing is we just live "across town" now. It was just downtown Olathe KS, it's like suddenly this tiny section of the city turns into something you'd see in downtown KC (which I know is 100x worse and very dangerous). Even funnier though is now we've been stuck in this shitty duplex, that's this random horrible street in the middle of this nice town. You hit our street and suddenly there's not a green or live yard in sight, one of our neighbors across the street SOMEHOW backed into the back of my car ($900 worth of damage on my bumper) while she was trying to park... again, ACROSS THE STREET. My dad thinks she was just on some shit or something. One of the next door neighbors has been in and out of jail about two times now and cops have come to our door off and on pulling the "Have you seen this man" deal. Cops are always going around this street. It sounds like desks are being thrown against my walls from the neighbors sometimes and they've gotta blast their rap all the time. Can't wait to get the fuck out of here.

Just this random street in a nice neighborhood. I can't escape it!

ralfikk123
Waffle

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:08 am 

^
I feel for you man. But you should blast some metal back, give em a taste of their own medicine.

nekuomanteia
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:39 am 

great thread.

I work at a mental hospital that up until 4 years ago had been pretty much abandoned for a couple of years. The building used to be the regular old hospital back in the 70s so a lot of people have died here and if you're one that believes that mental patients harbor a lot of negative energy then this place could be teeming with it also. I've heard many stories from the nursing staff and techs who work here even from EMS drivers that claim they heard things when they used to work here in the old days. Things like sounds of some thing or some one moving between the walls, of blood curdling screams coming from the end of the old maternity ward section of the building, of a little boy that has been seen sitting at the cafeteria looking all depressed, and of a little girl that has been seen wandering or heard from the other side of the walls talking with what sounds like an old lady.

When I was new here I’d get chills and the hair on the back of my neck would stand simply by walking by the old morgue. The sense that someone is watching you, the eerie silence and the sudden bang of the steel doors, all this plus the stories people told me reminded me of the movie Session No. 9. People would say that if an area felt creepy or downright evil that it was because something was really there. If this was true, I thought, then I should announce myself, say hello, and state that I meant no harm to anyone in this or any other world. People told me not to do that because it meant that I was recognizing their presence and that this would give them the power to take over my spirit and/or control me. I ignored their warnings because I felt it helped me deal with whatever presence or energy was there if any.

I was making my rounds by the old maternity ward once when I noticed a door open slightly as I walked right past it. Now remember, this is a section that is not being used by the current psychiatric hospital which is on the other side of the building so nobody should be there. The only explanation that I could come up with was that since the doors do not have a door knob and could be easily opened that perhaps as I entered the hall, my body pushed what ever air was in the hall forcing the door open. Nevertheless it was creep city. Another unsettling moment came when a constable who was there dropping off a patient shot a picture outside the morgue after she was told there were sounds coming from the end of the hall. The morgue is the one with the little window. After carefully analyzing the pic she discovered what appeared to be the image of a very old looking female child. She looks like the girl from the Exorcist with long hair and a night gown. She started e-mailing the picture to everybody. I asked the constable if she had somehow photoshopped it at home or on her cellphone but she swore she hadn’t. Well I went about showing it to other people in school who were immediately creeped out by it just as I had been for two days straight. Then a thought came to me, what if this was done with an app? I googled it, and yes, there it was, the ghost app. I had been the subject of a cruel joke. The whole staff had been in on it to creep out the new guard.

Last edited by nekuomanteia on Sat May 14, 2011 7:08 am, edited 5 times in total.
fetalfeast
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:42 am 

Yeah, some weird shit happens in Kansas City. I used to live on the east side (Near Independence, for those of you familiar with the area), and not a night would go by where I wouldn't hear gunshots and wailing. My overactive mind caused me to convince myself it was the wailing of the dead. The creepy part is that I may have been right.

BloodSacrificeShaman
Leopold Herman Stotch

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:47 am 

That was an interesting story nekuomanteia, I just happened to be listening to Scald's Will of the Gods is Great Power album while reading it. Very slow, heavy doom metal which fit your creepy story perfectly.

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next