Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
soverysorry
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:48 am 

I've spent the last 4 months being best mates with Razakael. He hit me up on here sometime during the summer asking if I by chance happened to live in Galway, which I did, as he was coming here to study for a semester. The ensuing 4 months were spent masturbating over Darkthrone, getting piss drunk at 4pm, going to a Gorgoroth/Vader gig together, eating Supermacs and mutually fantasizing over a friend of ours. He quickly became one of my best mates and it was really tough to see him go, even brought tears to my eyes when we said our goodbye! Miss him to bits :)

Your stories!?

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:37 am 

Yeah, I've met PhantomOTO and OneRodeToAsaBay in person, as it turned out we all happened to live reasonably close together. They're both as awful as you might imagine. We see each other fairly regularly.

grauer_mausling
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:09 am 

Met PengPeng quite some times. We somehow befriended here and through PM realised that we don't live far from another. Nice, sweet girl with an astonishing knowledge of metal and many other genres (martial stuff, neofolk). Haven't met many girls/women with such an interest in music. Oh, and as bonus on top - she's quite pretty, too... I know not a "requirement" in any form - but hey, I'm just a man ;)

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:11 am 

From this thread:
Azmodes wrote:
I "met" Suechtler some years ago at a German/Austrian metal festival in front of the stage after Sodom (I think). Not that I really knew him personally from the forum, but he posted a photo of himself once and for some odd reason I remembered him. Yeah.

The exchange went something like this: "Hey, I know you, you're on the MA forum, right?" "Yeah." "What's your nick?" "'Suechtler'." "Right, keep up the good work, cheerio." And off after some friends to the next source of beer I was. Really quite pointless. I imagine I came across as a tiny bit creepy.

Other than that, sadly no one, not in person at least (used to chat with droneriot, Catachthonian and Lana a lot). There aren't many Austrians on here, and those that are I don't really have any contact with. Doesn't mean that I wouldn't like to meet some people here.

BPA
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:21 am 

I go to the same university as Schadel_Reich. E-mailed a metal show he was hosting on our radio station, discovered a mutual admiration of the works of Paulus Kressman and it's been downhill ever since.

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:13 pm 

I stalk John_Sunlight.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:40 pm 

Ah, Aaron, my life has been so much more boring these past few days. I'll be back as soon as possible and we'll bring shame to the streets of Galway once more! Next time you're sitting baked in your room, intently listening to Cryptopsy, I'll be there in spirit.

Hail Darkthrone.

SharpAndSlender
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:55 pm 

Shovel, Empress, Depths_of_Depravity, obituary36/Burzum36 (R.I.P.), Byrgan, Orion_Crystal_Ice, Lunar_Strain, probably some others who I can't remember. I've tried to harass Empyreal into a meeting for years now but he never bites.

Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/noktorn01

Lepernicus wrote:
Every record that dipshit sold took away money that could have went to a far more deserving band such as Immolation.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:09 pm 

I've met Blood_Cobra (now under a different name) and stayed at his house overnight and I was concert buds with iAm, having gone with him to a number of concerts while he was here in Seattle. Both cool dudes.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:24 pm 

List of MAers I've met:

fetalfeast
cweed
KC_Slaanesh
Laevos
Die_Fledermaus
Sao
orionmetalhead
Zodijackyl
failsafeman
OneRodeToAsaBay
Metantoine
HellBlazer
Morrigan

Plus a few others...

Last edited by ~Guest 226319 on Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:36 pm, edited 7 times in total.
WebOfPiss
Myopic Void

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:44 pm 

Muhammadabbadabba and I go to shows in the area whenever there is anything worthwhile. Star-Gazer has hung out a few times as well. At MDF 10 I met iamntbatman, aegrus, count_v, thomash, and thegrimwombat. I've also hung out with ortab. Shardz and I went to the same uni. I met extremelyXbadXbreath at a show a couple of years ago, same with Apternotus. Visionary is a decent dude.

I plan on going to MDF this year so hopefully I'll get to see more ugly mugs who enjoy ugly music.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:49 pm 

Speaking of fuck, there should be some organized place to meet-up next year since so many inevitably show up. A little meet-n-greet with vodka and absinthe shots in the morning before the show would be peachy.

WebOfPiss
Myopic Void

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:51 pm 

I'm down to wake and bake in the park or something.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:04 pm 

Count_V and I were spurred into meeting via the #metal crew. We're both from Louisville (although I live in Indiana, but its very close). I'm honestly shocked at how well its worked out. It normally takes me a REALLY long time before I'm comfortable with someone in a one-on-one scenario. I guess he's just personable enough to make it work in spite of me.

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:26 pm 

Hmm, I saw someone browsing black metal bands such as Axis of Perdition at the school computer lab but I was too socially awkward to approach him.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:30 pm 

Jonpo wrote:
Count_V and I were spurred into meeting via the #metal crew. We're both from Louisville (although I live in Indiana, but its very close). I'm honestly shocked at how well its worked out. It normally takes me a REALLY long time before I'm comfortable with someone in a one-on-one scenario. I guess he's just personable enough to make it work in spite of me.

Probably has to do with the fact that it's easier to open up online through text than with someone in person and the format facilitates more personal discussions more quickly due to the layer of anonymity than normally so the bond forms more quickly even if you really don't have as accurate a perspective of the person as you would had you interacted in person but less openly.

ralfikk123
Waffle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:37 pm 

I live a few miles away from Gelseth_Andrano, and BastardHead. We haven't met yet though, So don't know if that could count.

"Whenever you dream you're holding the key, it opens the door to let you be free." - RJD

mindshadow
Echoes in an empty cranium

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:47 pm 

John_Sunlight wrote:
Probably has to do with the fact that it's easier to open up online through text than with someone in person and the format facilitates more personal discussions more quickly due to the layer of anonymity than normally so the bond forms more quickly even if you really don't have as accurate a perspective of the person as you would had you interacted in person but less openly.

Lt Commander Data wrote:
Second Officer's personal log, stardate 44390.1 - Record entry for transmission to Commander Bruce Maddox, Cybernetics Division, Daystrom Institute. Dear Commander Maddox. In reference to your most recent letter, I agree that your study lacks sufficient primary source information on my programming and operation. Therefore, in response to your request, this correspondence will include a complete record of my activities during a normal day, with particular emphasis on my perceptions of friendship.

hey, are you.. :-D

no, I haven't met anyone :(

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:18 pm 

That's an interesting theory, Herr Sunlight. You might be onto something, although I usually make it my mission to smash any amount of anonymity and give as much obscene personal details as possible, whether its real life or the interchats. I don't think it would have worked out so well without V being the personality type that he is. We balance each other out well.

It's also really nice to finally have someone to go to concerts with, but that probably goes without saying.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:34 pm 

Jonpo wrote:
That's an interesting theory, Herr Sunlight.

He pretty much nailed it.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:35 pm 

John_Sunlight wrote:
Jonpo wrote:

Commas, John. Commas.

KC_Slaanesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:41 pm 

Ima try to go to MDF sometime soon either next year or the one after, so yes a meet-up for smoking and drinking should be arranged. Someone else do it. And John_Sunlight should not be around things made of glass if you chance to encounter him!

New account, be my friend on the internet! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100013520745780

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:35 pm 

there is sort of a MA meeting at keep it true next year although its mostly #metal regulars.

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:44 pm 

I might like to meet Xeo, failsafe, Abom and a couple others. Just seem to have a lot in common. Well, maybe not as much with Abom, but he seems a cool fellow.
the same stone - Primordial, "Heathen Tribes"

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:45 pm 

I know a handful of members, but the ones I know I met before I was aware they posted on here.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:52 pm 

I've met MikeyC, who is exactly as nice as he seems on here. ImmortalShadow I think was his name here too, doesn't post here anymore, don't remember what he was like, other than short. And I've hung out with Insolent_Heretic a few times, who I don't think posts here much anymore. That's all that I know.

Shutdown
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:17 pm 

The day I meet any of you guys is the day I finally hit rock bottom.

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:24 pm 

To the best of my knowledge, no, I have not. I have, however, "known" Nightgaunt and Cynical since around late 2003. We were all originally from some other long-gone forum called Sonic Death. I used to AIM them on occasion, though it's been years since I've used that.

RageW
Marisa's Harlot

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:40 pm 

Fortunately I have never met anyone, but I've video-chatted/ventrilo'd with a lot of regulars. The aftermath of said hangouts is usually stuff I want to forget. The next day. When I sober up.

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:45 pm 

lord_ghengis wrote:
I've met MikeyC, who is exactly as nice as he seems on here. ImmortalShadow I think was his name here too, doesn't post here anymore, don't remember what he was like, other than short. And I've hung out with Insolent_Heretic a few times, who I don't think posts here much anymore. That's all that I know.

I also have spent time with MikeyC and ImmortalShadow, as well as OlioTheSmall and CrushedRevelation. I also, uhh... "hung out" with Insolent_Heretic. :oh shit:

And as has been mentioned, I have spoken to several other MA'ers on video chat.

Last edited by The_Beast_in_Black on Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:46 pm 

OzzyApu wrote:
I've met Blood_Cobra (now under a different name) and stayed at his house overnight and I was concert buds with iAm, having gone with him to a number of concerts while he was here in Seattle. Both cool dudes.

Sup dude, I'm going to try and make it up to the Northwest again this summer.

There's also a few others from these boards that I've met, but can't be arsed to remember their usernames

lord_ghengis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:57 pm 

The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
lord_ghengis wrote:

I also have spent time with MikeyC and ImmortalShadow, as well as OlioTheSmall and CrushedRevelation. I also, uhh... "hung out" with Insolent_Heretic. :oh shit:

And as has been mentioned, I have spoken to several other MA'ers on video chat.

Of course, the dirty New South Welsh gang. Haha I hung out with her the same way that Mikey hangs out with all women :p

Atrocious_Mutilation
7mL

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:26 pm 

I've met MikeyC, OlioTheSmall, immortalshadow666, The_Beast_In_Black and CrushedRelevation before, all cool guys. And I've been friends with MattDoom before either of us joined the forums.

Muhammadabbadabba
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:57 pm 

I've physically met WebOfPiss, Star-Gazer, Shardz, key2thegate666, and ExtremelyXBadXBreath. I've skyped John_Sunlight, WebOfPiss, and The_Beast_in_Black. All of them are swell fellas, but I've had particularly meaningful conversations with John_Sunlight and WebOfPiss.

Of course, I'd always love to chat with others. My Skype name is the same as my M-A username.

CF_Mono
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:28 pm 

Ahh, I feel jealous all alone here in Syracuse =/

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:31 pm 

Dude, we were playing matchmaker with Count_V and Jonpo for like...ever. It was glorious when you guys finally met up and made love.

I've hung out/talked with Count_V, ortab, WebOfPiss, DrummingEdge, TheGrimWombat and Eurnonymous. I've stood near orionmetalhead and EvilJohnny666, but wasn't properly introduced. I saw Abominatrix walking around in the distance at MDF, but he was too far away to yell to.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

cweed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:18 am 

KC_Slaanesh wrote:
Ima try to go to MDF sometime soon either next year or the one after, so yes a meet-up for smoking and drinking should be arranged. Someone else do it. And John_Sunlight should not be around things made of glass if you chance to encounter him!

Haha good one Slaanesh! Very true! Thanks for saying I was handsome, tho, Mr. Sunlight :)

Anyway, Slaanesh and John Sunlight, don't forget Die_Fledermaus! She was at our metal party as well!!

Also, I'd like to echo John Sunlight's sentiments and propose a Metal-Archives Fest, except no bands play and everyone just argues over shit (just like on here, except there are no computers to hide behind).

EDIT: I'm also in Sydney, Australia, at the moment, so if you need another fun personality at your next metal party hit me up!! Also, anyone going to the Absu/Portal show coming up in a couple weeks??

SharpAndSlender
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:24 am 

Muhammadabbadabba wrote:
Of course, I'd always love to chat with others. My Skype name is the same as my M-A username.

might have to take you up on that, we can talk about weed and trade bathym tapes

Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/noktorn01

Lepernicus wrote:
Every record that dipshit sold took away money that could have went to a far more deserving band such as Immolation.

lord_ghengis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:50 am 

cweed wrote:
EDIT: I'm also in Sydney, Australia, at the moment, so if you need another fun personality at your next metal party hit me up!! Also, anyone going to the Absu/Portal show coming up in a couple weeks??

I'm at the Melbourne one. Anyone going to that? Thinking I'll be in either my Hooded Menace or Esoteric shirt.

DrFunkenstein
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:49 am 

met Abominatrix one night when his band opened for Sauron. Super cool guy.

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next