* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Inspector_Satan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:42 am 

Nahsil wrote:
The new Black Breath kills.

I had no idea they were working on anything, is it anything like Razors or did they go with more of the blackened style of the full length?

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:11 am 

I was never much of a Black Breath fan, wouldn't be interested unless they changed their sound quite drastically

triggerhappy
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:21 am 

Inspector_Satan wrote:
Nahsil wrote:
The new Black Breath kills.

I had no idea they were working on anything, is it anything like Razors or did they go with more of the blackened style of the full length?

I haven't heard any other album from them, but the new one sounds like straight-up oldschool Swedeath with some crust. It's pretty damn enjoyable.

New Meshuggah was surprisingly good. Probably because they released a shitty song first (Break Those Bones).
That's all Crick's iPod accepts. GB = Gargobytes.

The_Minstrel51
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:45 pm 

The new Desaster album is probably their best since Divine Blasphemies, which was possibly their peak IMO. Probably my favorite release of the year so far (though I'm a Desaster fanboy). Also, the new Proclamation and Revenge albums are both quite good, better than I had expected.

As some have mentioned, the new Ketzer was kind of disappointing. It's very good, but it doesn't top SBU.

alexo666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:49 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_HRhZOQ9WI

^Album of the year.

Last FM

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:55 pm 

Heh, the New Impending doom is a pile of shit.

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:57 pm 

REALLY? You don't say.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Twitch S S
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:55 am 

So far the albums released in 2012 I have really enjoyed have been from the bands

Woods of Ypres
Swallow the Sun
Epica
Xandria

Also loving the leading tracks from Overkill and Accept's new albums can't wait for their release

Pic - http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-du8VzBSnvnE/TfL8gVw1JYI/AAAAAAAAAV4/zu1GDUv5ehI/s1600/Epica%252BSimone12.jpg
Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWDALIOzXNk&feature=related

Krav
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:19 am 

Wow, the new Worm Ouroboros kills! I've also liked Pilgrim, Drudkh, and Alcest, but Worm Ouroboros is my favorite so far.

ColdBecoming
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:32 am 

just got the new hour of penance this arvo and ive gone through it half a dozen times already. really crushing stuff. a worthy addition to their already strong discography

Brutal Beard
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:03 pm 

7 H. TARGET
Abominable Putridity
Cannibal Corpse
Goatwhore
Splattered Entrails
Terrorizer

And, surprisingly enough I've really enjoyed the new Caliban album. I almost feel bad admitting that.

MirrorOfMadness25
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:27 pm 

Enthroned - Obsidium

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:18 pm 

The new Anathema is really good. The acoustic playing is tremendous.

GOFF
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:45 pm 

My first post!

Torche - Harmonicraft
Meshuggah - Koloss
Cannibal Corpse - Torture

some good ep's/releases also:

Torche - Decibel Flexi Disc
The Great Sabatini - The Royal We

Slag
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:33 pm 

Anyone like the new Iron Fire? I haven't actually heard anything from it. Which is odd considering I actually like the band a fair amount.

Garyuu
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:18 am 

So far my favorites are

Winterburst - The Mind Cave
Sigh - In Somniphobia

Bloodshot Dawn's self titled album was really good. The new Cannibal Corpse and Napalm Death albums are pretty good, but they are on the bottom list. Out of the albums I've listened to there hasn't been a single one I disliked. I'm pretty lucky when I buy albums, and usually don't dislike my purchases.

Fudge_Packard_7996
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:29 pm 

Lamb of God-Resolution
Aborted-Global Flatline
Cannibal Corpse-Torture
Abominable Putridity (forgot the title lol)

Based off of the last two years and all the great releases, I'd say this is going to be a REALLY good decade for Metal...provided all the scene bands don't ruin it.

The_Minstrel51
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:41 pm 

I realize it's still relatively early in the year, but so far it seems like The Arts of Destruction is going to be my album of the year. Granted, I am a huge Desaster fanboy, but I it was my most anticipated 2012 release and it exceeded my initially lofty expectations (especially since the only truly mediocre song on the album was the one used for promotion). The only upcoming release that might have a chance to top Desaster's is the new Impiety album.

I still have yet to pick up the new Alcest as well as Woods 5. If the new Accept is anywhere as good as the last one, it might be one of the best of the year as well.

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:51 pm 

Listening to the new Hour Of Penance at the moment -> mindblowing :0

lord_ghengis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:08 pm 

Hour of Penance was good. Maybe a little more easy on the ears than usual, but good.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:13 pm 

I thought it was still pretty damn relentless.

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:27 pm 

It isn't as fast and breakneck as Paradogma nor is it as excellent as Vile Conception. . . but it still kills.
You guys think they'll ever be able to top tVC?

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:47 pm 

In a nutshell, me thinks not. :p Haven't heard the new album yet but hadn't got much time in this month of March with so much new stuff coming out.

I did receive an email today directing me to Hail Spirit Noir's FB page, which led to their MA and Myspace page, and then to an album download. I have to say that this is something else, but it will require multiple listens to fully apprehend. Any opinions formed on it around here?

~Guest 256486
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:54 pm 

Angel Witch - As Above, So Below

XSpidercideX
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:37 pm 

The new Lunar Aurora keeps getting better the more I listen to it. I pretty much have most of the songs hooked in my memory and everything else just isn't as addictive. My favorite of the year so far.

lord_ghengis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:39 pm 

Yeah I'm thinking Vile Conception will always be their best, if only because the style doesn't seem be shiting much (Paradogma was slightly more full on, Sedition was slightly more melodic and easy on the ears) so the sheer familiarity of it will probably mean I'll keep going back to that one as the best, but if they keep putting out stuff as good as the last two I won't be unhappy.

triggerhappy
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:07 am 

I liked the new Hour of Penance, though I haven't heard any of their other albums. Relentlessly brutal.

Gorod was pretty lame, though I never liked them in the first place.
That's all Crick's iPod accepts. GB = Gargobytes.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:52 am 

XSpidercideX wrote:
The new Lunar Aurora keeps getting better the more I listen to it. I pretty much have most of the songs hooked in my memory and everything else just isn't as addictive. My favorite of the year so far.

It's pretty good. The dreamy, atmospheric moments of Im Gartn, Nachteule etc. are the best clearly, the disappointing aspect was the lack of high quality intense black metal stuff.

XSpidercideX
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:47 am 

Ilwhyan wrote:
XSpidercideX wrote:

It's pretty good. The dreamy, atmospheric moments of Im Gartn, Nachteule etc. are the best clearly, the disappointing aspect was the lack of high quality intense black metal stuff.

I disagree. I found it all to be high quality and I did not miss the aggressive intense stuff at all. This was a more mid paced album like Zyklus, but much better imo. I found the songs to be very memorable and I love the keys and synths that accent the music in Sterna and Beagliachda. Actually, Beagliachda is probably my favorite track due to the awesome electronics, it doesn't have to be aggressive and blasting to be good. I do love the interludes, but they are not the highlight for me. I just find the riffs and melodies to be highly addictive and great.

Also, the album really grew on my while blasting in my car, so maybe the loudness and immersive quality of that made it one of my favorites. Its actually not as amazing just through my speakers hooked to my computer.

Last edited by XSpidercideX on Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
mindshadow
Echoes in an empty cranium

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:58 am 

Hoagascht could well be their finest moment (hour)

Ancient_Sorrow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:49 am 

Quote:
Anyone like the new Iron Fire? I haven't actually heard anything from it. Which is odd considering I actually like the band a fair amount.

I've been meaning to listen to the whole album for quite some time, but I can't quite get around to it. The songs I have heard are the same as the last 3-4 albums, but with more synth present. I'm fairly convinced that the band won't have made anything definitive or groundbreaking, but they're certainly consistently not-too-bad.

HenryKrinkle31
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:46 pm 

Ethereal Collapse - The Precipice of Failure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbgZgkXlL2A

Definitely the best of the year thus far.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:53 pm 

XSpidercideX wrote:
Ilwhyan wrote:

I disagree. I found it all to be high quality and I did not miss the aggressive intense stuff at all. This was a more mid paced album like Zyklus, but much better imo. I found the songs to be very memorable and I love the keys and synths that accent the music in Sterna and Beagliachda. Actually, Beagliachda is probably my favorite track due to the awesome electronics, it doesn't have to be aggressive and blasting to be good. I do love the interludes, but they are not the highlight for me. I just find the riffs and melodies to be highly addictive and great.
Also, the album really grew on my while blasting in my car, so maybe the loudness and immersive quality of that made it one of my favorites. Its actually not as amazing just through my speakers hooked to my computer.

(2012) Lunar Aurora - Hoagascht is a nice album and it's becoming adictive for me too.

mindshadow wrote:
Hoagascht could well be their finest moment (hour)

I will quote myself from the Now Listening thread:

BasqueStorm wrote:
N.P: Im Gartn from (2012) Lunar Aurora - Hoagascht.
The scream at 5:03 and the overall vocals are nice!
This album is really growing on me.

Anyway, (2012) Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned is nice too.

AlcoholicMayhem
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:58 pm 

Nekromantheon's Rise, Vulcan Spectre in my opinion is the best thrash metal album of the year! It is exactly how a thrash band should sound (again in my opinion, right?). Also the new strike of Aura Noir, Out to Die is mind blowing! Now let's see what Deathhammer has prepared for us with Onward to the Pits and Darkthrone!! Support the real metal!

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:29 pm 

yeah that Nekromantheon is definitely the best so far. It and last year's Antichrist...might finally be seeing some good thrash again after that shit ass nu-wave.
the same stone - Primordial, "Heathen Tribes"

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:44 pm 

I just have to say that the new Undergang is very good! I've been listening to it on a daily basis since my copy arrived last week and holy crap, it might even be better that their debut. That statement alone says a lot!

Slag
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:16 pm 

Ancient_Sorrow wrote:
Quote:
I've been meaning to listen to the whole album for quite some time, but I can't quite get around to it. The songs I have heard are the same as the last 3-4 albums, but with more synth present. I'm fairly convinced that the band won't have made anything definitive or groundbreaking, but they're certainly consistently not-too-bad.
I'm listening to Leviathan right now and am not particularly impressed or distressed by it. Like a lot of their songs. I feel like if they wouldn't try to make every album filled with 11-12 tracks that their music would stand out more. Take away the fillers and the recycling, you know what I mean?

lord_ghengis

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:28 am 

androdion wrote:
I just have to say that the new Undergang is very good! I've been listening to it on a daily basis since my copy arrived last week and holy crap, it might even be better that their debut. That statement alone says a lot!

I only just discovered these guys a few weeks back, but yeah, this album is awesome (As is the debut). At this stage I've still got it second behind Ignivomous as my favourite album so far, but I've only heard Cosmogenesis once while it was streaming, so I'm kind of looking back that one with pretty rose coloured glasses.

brmln
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:35 am 

I agree with those who mentioned Nekromantheon's latest. That one was damn near perfect.

The new Autopsy tracks blew me away. They were pretty much the standard Autopsy affair, but Chris' vocals were absolutely disgusting (in a good way, of course). They're always great, but he just went all out balls-to-the-wall this time. Let's hope he delivers a similar performance on the next full-length.

Asphyx, Aborted, Cannibal Corpse, and Napalm Death all put out solid offerings as well. Oh, and Torture Division's latest demo absolutely rules. I swear, Lord K cannot do wrong.

ancientorder
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:54 am 

Mgla - With Hearts Toward None
Drudkh - Eternal Turn of the Wheel

I think these are the only new albums I've bought so far too.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 36  Next