Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Borya
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:57 pm 

Hey, I am Borya.
I'm listening to metal since I'm 13.

That was the Alcoholic Anonymous part.

I hear to everything, but my all time favorite is Ghost Reveries by Opeth (Oh, what a surprise).
I found the site by searching some information about Bathory but I found this site so cool that I decided to register.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:03 pm 

Welcome dudes. Enjoy yourselves. If you need any recommendations....for the....weirder side of metalz. Don't be afraid to look up the Frog.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:32 pm 

Don't listen to him. He will seduce you with one good band, and then unload crap on your unsuspecting soul.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:56 pm 

It's true. For every one good band, there's thirty harsh noise wall projects.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:32 am 

So give the newbs a trial by fire Mr Frog.

My collection

Du Fond
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:06 pm 

Sup im not really new to the site moreso the forums...I've been into metal for a long time. For years my taste progressed from Metallica's Master of Puppets to Exodus' Bonded by Blood to Pid Destroyer's Terrifyer and as of recent Raw Moon and other low fi bm. I'd appreciate any hidden gems if anyone cares to offer. Im also into other genres like jazz-fusion and ambient.. Lustmord ftw haha m/

Eppek Blade
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:33 pm 

Hey everyone, I'm Blake.

I'm from Jersey, living in Chicago for 2 years now. Favorite genres of metal include black, folk, viking, death, melodic death, and groove. Some thrash too - a few of the classics.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:09 am 

@Frog: So true.

@VariousNoobies: Welcome. Bolt Thrower.

Butt Rayge
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:12 am 

Well I'm new here and don't have a particular urge to say hello. But hello anyway. I frequent the metal forum of ultimate-guitar.com.

Anyway, have a question and it's not worthy of a thread, so I figured the noob thread would suffice.

What do I have to do to rid myself of the "Mallcore Kid" title?

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:58 am 

You'll get the "metal newbie" title soon enough, you only need to post a little. Don't take it as an insult, haha.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Du Fond
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:32 pm 

@Butt Rayge

Dont hang out at malls.

Dont listen to shitty metal bands.

Dont act like a pretentious overdramatic goth.

dunkelheit616
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:11 pm 

I did not notice this thread until recently... hmmm, so I will post a reply. So hello there, my name is Alex. I hail from Mercia (or midlands), England in the United Kingdom.

I have not been listening to metal for very long, since 2008 I think. I dwell mostly in the area of black metal and all the little sub-genres that go with it and also have a keen interest in martial industrial. Before I discovered metal, I listened to a lot of techno and classic hip hop, both of which I still enjoy occasionally.

I mostly love to settle down at night time to a raw hateful black metal album with a nice cup of tea, hot chocolate or coffee, assorted biscuits and a warm blanket. Nothing pleases me more. I am a warm and kind hearted person and make sure I am polite to everyone I meet. Generally, I am a quiet, secretive person and keep to myself. If you want to know my nefarious thoughts, please consult one of my dogs.

I spend a lot of my time searching for and listening to music and am very open minded to everything I hear, but mostly steer clear from charts and mainstream because it gives me a dreadful headache and generally sounds too plasticy for my taste. I'm sure many folk will agree.

Besides music, another of my interests involves walking; walking in the countryside and exploring this little island. It's quite fun.

I swear I have written too much, hehe.

Some of my metal favourites are: Graveland, Summoning, Forefather, Elffor, Nokturnal Mortum.

--I can't believe that I have not mentioned this site already. It's been so helpful to me over the past few years. Whenever I discover a new metal project, this is my first stop to find out some information, always!
I've posted some stuff over the past couple of months and have enjoyed contributing and reading responses to different topics. I'm sure I will continue to use this site in the future.

Farewell.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:11 am 

dunkelheit616 wrote:
also have a keen interest in martial industrial.

Cool. What bands?

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

dunkelheit616
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:34 pm 

MikeyC wrote:
dunkelheit616 wrote:
also have a keen interest in martial industrial.

Cool. What bands?

I mostly listen to: Arditi, Triarii, Land, Toroidh, March of Heroes, Legionarii. Some I recently discovered are Predella Avant and Karjalan Sissit. I just love the pounding drums, war ambience, classical instrumentation that are found in these projects. Really dark and interesting music.

BBEdrummerAK
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:23 pm 

I'm Tyler, I'm from Alaska, I play the drums (I was the drummer for Bound By Entrails, who you can find in the Archives), and I listen to a crap ton of metal. Among other things of course. Started with the metals when I was in 3rd grade, as that was when the debut of Metallica's video for 'One' happened, and that video inspired me to play the drums...granted it took another 3 years to *officially* make it happen..lol. Been a die hard black metal fan since '94..looking forward to actually interacting in the forums and matching wits with other black metal fans and overall metal heads. ;-)

Immortally_Insane
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:47 pm 

Hey all, you won't see me much on the forums but I figured I would say hello anyway. I created this profile a while ago to publish a couple reviews I wrote that I found amusing enough to be seen by others, but now I write reviews for two, soon to be three, metal sites so I am posting them all here. I also admin on one of the biggest metal communities on Facebook, All Things Metal, and promote local Colorado music when I can.

My name is Mattie, I'm a chick, and I'm 21. My favorite genres are power metal, folk metal, doom, and I like a bit of death and gore metal but am pretty picky. I really only actively listen to Death and Necrophagia. That's the extent of my death metal adventures. If you have some suggestions, I'll take em!

You will most likely be seeing me promoting my reviews when I publish them from here on out. I've put up a few, but have about 10 in the works as it is. Most of my reviews are of music I actually enjoy to avoid sounding like a dick. But I am as honest as I can be as you'll see when my Manowar review is up for their latest album... *cringe*

If you have any bands in your local scene that fit my genres of interest that have at least an EP released, let me know and I can contact them for review or an interview!

MikeyC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:11 am 

Immortally_Insane wrote:
I also admin on one of the biggest metal communities on Facebook, All Things Metal

Oh, cool! I follow that and post replies occasionally. :)

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:36 am 

Welcome! Your reviews are very good and I can't wait to read and approve the new ones!

Anastasiel
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:13 am 

Hail. My name Anastasiel. Im colecting some rare black metal/brutal death met bands.
If possible, throw off a link (in pm or smth) on where I can create a request to add a band.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:19 pm 

Anastasiel wrote:
Hail. My name Anastasiel. Im colecting some rare black metal/brutal death met bands.
If possible, throw off a link (in pm or smth) on where I can create a request to add a band.

Welcome to the site, Anastasiel. Click on this link to add a band, there's also something saying "add a band" at the homepage of Metal Archives.
http://www.metal-archives.com/band/add

Immortally_Insane
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:19 pm 

MikeyC wrote:
Immortally_Insane wrote:
I also admin on one of the biggest metal communities on Facebook, All Things Metal

Oh, cool! I follow that and post replies occasionally. :)

Nice! I typically post power/folk metal and random self promotion stuff, but give me a shout out if you ever see my posts! :)

~Guest 296186
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:13 pm 

Hello there. Been looking for a good place to discuss some real music, so I thought I've might join this little community. I am a Norwegian dude who loves music, and I listen to mostly symphonic, power, and folk metal, but extreme metal is what lies closest to my heart. Hope I will fit well into this place.

Anastasiel
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:18 am 

Thank you. The band that I wanted to add is not published +(

red_devil_4
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:13 am 

Hi.

I'm Marin from Croatia but people call me zub. Currently working for cmar(croatian metal and rock portal).

I know this page for years and I love it.

Regards :metal:

YsmirsBeard666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:16 pm 

Hails, M-A, I'm Radu. I'm 15, been listening to metal actively since I was maybe 11 or 12, been lurking the Archives for a while.

I listen to a lot of black, death and heavy metal, I'm an avid RPG fan as my username will indicate, and I'm sure M-A will be great. :)

EmeraldEdge9832
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:17 pm 

I'm EmeraldEdge, I'm a metalhead, my favorite type of metal is heavy/power/speed/thrash

juicebitch
Juice Bitch

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:05 am 

Welcome, fellas!

Full album for streaming/download: http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases
https://www.facebook.com/HalberdDoom

MikeyC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:19 am 

Hello to all the newbies. Feel free to post more than just a few times and then disappear without a trace. We're all cool except for Empyreal. He'll eat you alive.

ZarathustraHead wrote:

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:15 pm 

Unless you like shitty power metal!

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:41 pm 

MikeyC wrote:
Hello to all the newbies. Feel free to post more than just a few times and then disappear without a trace. We're all cool except for Empyreal. He'll eat you alive.

I'm the coolest but I'll eat you alive anyway (especially if you suck). I'll give the soul to Nightgaunt though.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:50 pm 

MikeyC wrote:

Haha...where did that come from? Pretty random.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:45 am 

Empyreal wrote:
MikeyC wrote:

Haha...where did that come from? Pretty random.

Playing dumb. I'm onto you, buddy!
;)

ZarathustraHead wrote:

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:33 am 

Ignore them both. I will eat the newbs alive :evil:

My collection

Death Magnetic
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:02 pm 

hi ,i'm Sam,i playing piano for 7 years and my favorite genre is Progressive Metal,Doom Metal,Heavy Metal and trash Metal.

Bleeding Ancient
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:03 pm 

I don't think I've introduced myself. I'm a die-hard metalhead, mostly into Heavy, Thrash, Black, Death and Viking Metal. I'm an armchair intellectual and a musician.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:53 pm 

CrushedRevelation wrote:
Ignore them both. I will eat the newbs alive :evil:

You should all trust me instead. I'm probably one of most neutral regulars here... (can I call myself a regular? I guess I can with 4 posts a day....) Back the the neutral part... yeah, I'm not very funny, I'm not very agressive, I'm not very abrasive, I'm not very judgemental.... I'm just a nice guy.... :panda:

You shouldn't trust anyone with a custom title..... :-P

oogboog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:57 pm 

Can't we just let the new people figure out who to trust? We don't want so many people chiming in and claiming who's going to eat who. That'll scare people and possibly discourage them from registering.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:00 pm 

Let's eat Oogboog.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:02 pm 

CrushedRevelation actually does have the ability to leap out of your screen and eat you....

I don't think anyone was being very serious, oogboog.

~Guest 178973
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:02 pm 

Let's eat the rich.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120 ... 156  Next