Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
LordOminous
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:06 am 

Corpsey the Clown wrote:
Well, Insomnium is my favorite MDM band, although that's not saying a ton. Hope they play some stuff off Above the Weeping World. Not sure about the supporting acts, but I have a friend who likes Alestorm. Maybe I'll catch them in St. Paul.

Insomnium IS the support act.

Snowgrave
Under The Plaintive Sky

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:55 pm 

It's getting closer....can't fucking wait (for Insomnium).

Jophelerx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:23 am 

I might make that Insomnium/Alestorm Richmond date. Seriously, bands never come to Richmond. That's about as close as I'm ever going to be able to see a metal band.

Burnyoursins
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:01 pm 

Awesome, I love it when bands completely skip over the Prairies. Or the organizers just aren't willing to send them here. Would love to see Insomnium, but Vancouver sucks and isn't really worth the trip. That's a long fuckin' drive.

The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
SleightOfVickonomy wrote:
...no one still knows what it's supposed to be about.

Well, I reckon there's a pretty good chance it'll be about gory tits.

EnemyofLight
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:47 pm 

Every band seems to go to the one venue in Houston I can never make it to. :( Shame because I'd be all over this tour, too.

talvikki77
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 pm 

So much hate :( Personally, I'm excited to see all the bands on the line-up, except that I don't know anything about System Divide. INSOMNIUM is definitely the one I'm most excited about, though, because I haven't seen them before and never expected them to come to the US, and their music is spectacular. Alestorm puts on a great show and has the absolute best folk pits and best fans - I've never had a better time, than seeing them play while dancing and headbanging together with a bunch of other metalheads. Epica is pretty amazing live too - tons heavier than you would expect a gothic/symphonic band to be. And Blackguard - I have a special spot in my heart for them, cause it was at a tiny headlining show with about five other people on the floor where I first went into the "mosh pit" (of three people) when they played my favorite song live. As far as I can tell, Destiny Potato dropped off or isn't playing the show I'm going to (Washington DC - tomorrow!).

sabbathfan4993
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:46 am 

I have work until 330 when they play Joliet, and Napalm Death is in Chicago the night before and I have class at 8 AM the next day. I still may try to book it down there last minute. Never seen Insomnium and Alestorm is always fun.

talvikki77
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:08 pm 

It was a pretty good show from all the bands, I thought. Epica was amazing like always; Alestorm was fun; Insomnium was good but I was disappointed they didn't play "Weather the Storm"; System Divide was heavy and interesting (I had never heard them before) and Blackguard made a strong start to the show. (see my complete review here) Sabbathfan, hope you can make it out, it's a great night. I'm missing Napalm Death tonight cause I can only wheedle babysitting for one concert a week :/

Thrashlete
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:46 pm 

Saw them in Toronto last night, so good.

In celebration of Halloween the members of Alestorm dressed up as BatMan, Robin, etc, and called themselves Christian B-Alestorm. :P

Couldn't get into Insomnium much, but the rest were AMAZING.

Bruce500
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:24 am 

I'm so damn stoked! I'm a major fan of all three bands, as Epica was the band that first introduced me to harsh vocals in Metal, and Insomnium is my favorite Melodeath band!

I'll see you guys in Seattle!

LordOminous
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:43 am 

System Divide have now dropped off the tour due to a family emergency. So it's just Epica, Alestorm, and Insomnium.

The good news is, Alestorm & Insomnium now get slightly longer sets. yay!

Grimmig
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:01 pm 

Anyone know about how long Insomnium's set is? And if possible, a more specific setlist?

Deciding whether or not I should go tomorrow.

stevo0914
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:22 am 

Grimmig wrote:
Anyone know about how long Insomnium's set is? And if possible, a more specific setlist?

Deciding whether or not I should go tomorrow.

I was at the Louisville show tonight and was disappointed that they didn't get to play as long!

Off the top of my head:

Inertia
Only One Who Waits
Unsung
Through the Shadows
The Killjoy
One for Sorrow

.. but i would still go if I were you. Insomnium was great. I drove 6 hours just to see them tonight. Got to hang out with the guys a little bit right before Epica's set. The whole show was good.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2