Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:59 pm 

odinofasgard wrote:
Can't picture Lord Worm playing anything but death metal, I'm still excited to hear this though. I guess he's a teacher too, some lucky kids are gonna be able to say that Lord Worm was their teacher lol.

He has commented during his career in Cryptopsy that he does not entirely share his band members' enthusiasm for death metal. He said he was definitely a black metal person.

joppek
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:41 pm 

Ilwhyan wrote:
odinofasgard wrote:
Can't picture Lord Worm playing anything but death metal, I'm still excited to hear this though. I guess he's a teacher too, some lucky kids are gonna be able to say that Lord Worm was their teacher lol.

He has commented during his career in Cryptopsy that he does not entirely share his band members' enthusiasm for death metal. He said he was definitely a black metal person.

that's unfortunate as he has a perfect voice for death

of course now that none so vile is done, out in the world and not going anywhere, i don't really care

worlddementia
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:03 pm 

joppek wrote:
odinofasgard wrote:

that's unfortunate as he has a perfect voice for death

of course now that none so vile is done, out in the world and not going anywhere, i don't really care[/quote]

Precisely. And BMF.

This has probably been mentioned before, but there is a really good reason to have high hopes for this release. If you don't know Frozen Shadows, go look immediately. I recommend the 1st release over the 2nd. Don't miss out.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:09 pm 

HAD to resurrect this thread for this bit of news.

http://blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode= ... mID=178980

Quote:
"Unrelenting Fucking Hatred", the debut album from Montreal's RAGE NUCLÉAIRE, will be released on October 19 in Europe and November 6 in North America via Season Of Mist. A 2LP vinyl edition will be available in North America, strictly limited to 300 copies.

"Unrelenting Fucking Hatred" track listing:

01. Violence Is Golden
02. Hunt With Murderworms, Sculpt With Flies
03. The Gift Of The Furnace
04. Fields Of The Crucified
05. Endziel
06. The Sorrow Children At Mourningside
07. 30 Seconds In The Killhouse
08. Unrelenting Fucking Hatred
09. The Gallows And The Black Coffin
10. The Feeding Habits Of Homo Horriblis

The song "Violence Is Golden" is now available for streaming at this location.

RAGE NUCLÉAIRE was formed by legendary vocalist Lord Worm (ex-CRYPTOPSY) and includes guitarist Dark Rage (ex-CRYPTOPSY) and bassist Alvater (ex-FROZEN SHADOWS) in its ranks. The group's influences range from early EMPEROR and IMMORTAL to ANAAL NATHRAKH and MYSTICUM.

The band issued the following statement: "If anyone had ever told us that some day we'd be signed to Season Of Mist, we'd have laughed at them. The point is, being accepted into the Season Of Mist family, along with such ungodly notables as ARCKANUM, MAYHEM and DEATHSPELL OMEGA, is like being given a Sith name — it feels great to be part of Season Of Mist's evil empire."

RAGE NUCLÉAIRE has already commenced work on its second album, tentatively titled "Annihilation Frenzy".

Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:25 pm 

Why such a limitation? You'd think a band featuring Lord Worm, signed to Season of Mist, would certainly sell more copies.

Horus666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:57 pm 

They want to KVLT. Something they'll ironically never succeed at with such an ugly-ass Photoshop cover.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:01 pm 

If I read well, it says that the 2LP vinyl edition will be limited. I guess the cd version will be widely available - notice how will be available in Europe first and NA after, where the vinyl will be released.

Cruciphage
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:40 pm 

Yeah, it's the vinyl that's going to be limited. No big shocker there. It's doubtful a bigger label like Season of Mist would limit the CD pressing of a relatively high profile act such as this.

I'll definitely be getting this one. I never liked Cryptopsy, but I've always enjoyed Lord Worm's vocals. I think his style fits this sort of music much better.

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:56 pm 

Quote:
guitarist Dark Rage (ex-CRYPTOPSY)

Curious, I wonder who that is.

Anyway, I'm tempted to get the vinyl. Cover art is kinda meh, but the music is great from the sample.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:02 pm 

Horus666 wrote:
They want to KVLT. Something they'll ironically never succeed at with such an ugly-ass Photoshop cover.

Even the most horrid photoshop cover can't take away the fact that Unrelenting Fucking Hatred is the best album title ever.

ever.

Obfuscation
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:05 pm 

I dig the cover, mostly the red color against the gray background. Also the only thing I could understand in that song was 'violence is golden' haha (I know the lyrics are posted in the thread). I will wait until I have the album to read them in full, I really want it.

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:57 pm 

am I the only one that likes their logo?

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

Cruciphage
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:35 pm 

MalignantTyrant wrote:
am I the only one that likes their logo?

Nah, I like it too. I think the whole cover is pretty good, in fact, from concept to execution. I know it's photoshopped and all, but, eh, worse visual atrocities have been committed.

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:54 pm 

The logo isn't horrible, the art kinda is.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:35 pm 

Yeah, the art's pretty disappointing but I'm definitely planning to pick up one of those limited vinyl copies. Hail Lord Worm!

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:39 pm 

I think that cover is kind of cool. Not really...good...but I do like it for some reason. Just the starkness with which it was put together. Seems to match the kind of raw hatred they're going for.

Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:57 am 

Just checked out that first song, holy shit the first shriek is awesome! The sorta melodic riffing around 2 minutes is good as well.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:38 am 

Empyreal wrote:
I think that cover is kind of cool. Not really...good...but I do like it for some reason. Just the starkness with which it was put together. Seems to match the kind of raw hatred they're going for.

Let's just say it gets the job done. It's not amazing, nor is it particularly poor, but based on the samples it suits the album's aesthetics and atmosphere considerably well.

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:10 am 

New track streaming:

http://www.decibelmagazine.com/featured ... e-endziel/

Also, Decibel says that ‘Dark Rage’ is Steve Thibault, but that is incorrect according to the band's facebook.

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:48 am 

Listened to Violence is Golden. Good, but Anaal-Nathrakh-ish to a fault. They even used effects on the vocals that make Lord Worm sound exactly like Dave Hunt. First screech is ungodly badass though.

OneSizeFitzpatrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:15 pm 

being a huge Anaal fan I can't really fault them on trying to mimick one of the best bands in metal at the moment. So far, this record sounds VERY good, maybe a bit more black metally than Anaal Nathrakh get at times... the gritty production definitely helps.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:03 pm 

I don't see that many similarities to AN at all. This is basically Windir's Journey to the End with a different type of vocals and more mechanical drums. Not a good start.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:08 pm 

That new song is definitely awesome. I thought the comparison of Rotting Christ, Revenge, and Ragnarok makes more sense than the endless Anaal Nathrakh comparison. I hear much more Revenge in this song (Endziel) than I hear Nathrakh, which I don't hear at all in fact. That section around 4:30 is totally Non Serviam-era Rotting Christ, too. Great melodic riffing, yet still somehow absolutely brutal, and great grunts and gurgles from throatman, Worm!

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:54 pm 

re: Endziel - Vocals are rad, not real stoked on the music though... had all the parts been half as long it would have been much more interesting and vicious, as it stands now the song just sounds overly long with the riffs feeling unnecessarily drawn out... especially that first one. I hope the style of the rest of the album leans more towards Violence is Golden which I thought was much better and a far more engaging listen.

re: the artwork - It would be a lot better if they had someone draw it rather than create it with photoshop it but it's not too bad... and that's coming from someone who HATES photoshop covers. I have to imagine it's going to look kinda shitty "LP sized" though.
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

amitoz
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:03 pm 

its leaked!!!?!!

Line 6 Spider 4

http://www.last.fm/user/amitoj84

"died for me well too bad i dont believe"

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:32 am 

You sure you guys don't hear the Nathrakh? I went over the track once more and there's little doubt in my mind, definitely Nathrakh and Aborym's love child. Not like there's a problem with that.

Oddeye
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:12 pm 

The album has leaked and I just heard it for the first time. I definately hear the thrakh' influence but it's more classic BM. I think it's pretty good. Definately a grower.

halfformedfetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:32 pm 

It leaked so i got a rip, i really loved it! definetly buying this in my next haul!!!!

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:39 am 

And now the question remains.... has Lord Worm out done Anaal Nathrakh in pure fucking hatred?

amitoz
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:16 pm 

i agree, album is very filthy but with an eerie sense of melody, and my fucking goodness are Lord Worm's vocals intense!!!

Line 6 Spider 4

http://www.last.fm/user/amitoj84

"died for me well too bad i dont believe"

lord_ghengis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:50 pm 

The opening song is extremely Anaal Nathrakh, but the second and third songs (Where I'm up to so far) are far more traditional BM in the riffs, with very little death/grind sneaking through.

Edit: There really isn't too much AN on here, I'm up to 30 Seconds in the Killhouse and there hasn't been any more really brutal stuff, very melodic but not faggy black metal. 30 Seconds sounds like Amon Amarth but blackened.

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:24 pm 

Worm's vox are rabid, sounds like there was some truth to those comments about Flo and company trying to restrain and tone down his approach during the Once Was Not era.

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:45 am 

Hunt With Murderworms, Sculpt With Flies. . . fucking excellent song. Endziel is pretty badass as well, love that main riff at the beginning.

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

garthmargengi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:55 am 

As expected, Lord Worm delivers, his vocals sound rabid indeed.
But after a first listen, the music feels kind of bland to me... The keyboards are way up there doing nothing, the guitar tone is too mushy and I'm quite sure I'm not feeling any unrelenting fucking hatred coming from the riffing.
On the rhytmic side, the drumming gets boring; it's pretty much an hour of generic blasts and doublekick beats with nothing interesting ever going on, and the bass is completely inaudible (I'm listening on some Sony MDR7506 headphones, so while it's not *the* audio hardware there's not a chance I'm missing anything due to crappy speakers or anything like that).
It's not an awful album though, but certainly not what I was expecting, it's just that if you tell me 'hateful' and 'black metal', I think of something more in the vein Marduk's Night of the Long Knives, and this seems to lack that aggressiveness.

lord_ghengis

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:13 am 

It is certainly quite melodic and friendly for something which had indicated such total violence. But I think it is quite good, and as Malignant2 said Hunt with Murderworms is excellent. Could have done with a few tracks more like the opener though to break up the melodicism.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:27 am 

I'm really not thrilled with what I've heard. It's not up to my expectations that it would be far more aggressive and energetic.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:41 am 

Does anyone else get reminded of a kazoo when hearing the main guitar sound?

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:20 pm 

Lord Worm seems to be the main attraction. Violence Is Golden is still a great track. It's like a metal version of Odens Ride Over Nordland. I don't like 30 Seconds at all though, Worm's insane vocals seem so out of place with the happy friendly riffing.

InTheShadowOfTheHorns
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:33 pm 

For those interested, the album is streaming on Spotify. I've listened to it maybe 3 or 4 times now, and I really enjoy it so far.

TheOldOne
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:16 pm 

Hunt With Murderworms = Best song. Those riffs are wonderful.

last.fm

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next