Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Metalfuckingrules
The Ralph Wiggum Monologue

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:22 pm 

There are some people outside my house trying to catch this dog. Apparently, the dog doesn't like them.

Reginald
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:42 am 

Metalfuckingrules wrote:
There are some people outside my house trying to catch this dog. Apparently, the dog doesn't like them.

That's part of the reason I hate LoG, too.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:43 pm 

Metalfuckingrules wrote:

:crash: :nono: Is the dog named Randy?

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

IX Leviathan
Bepsi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:43 pm 

Metalfuckingrules wrote:

I think you missed the FFA, brah.
Like holy shit can't you get black out drunk and fist fight someone over a value pick burger in the drive thru and not hear about it for the rest of your life?

Metalfuckingrules

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:44 pm 

IX Leviathan wrote:
Metalfuckingrules wrote:

I think you missed the FFA, brah.

Whoops, by bad. To be honest, I thought I posted it in the FFA last night. :durr:

Metalfuckingrules

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:46 pm 

You guys can continue on with your disscussion.

SHUTUPANDDIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:16 pm 

I enjoy a lot of LOG's material immensely. The newest album and New American Gospel both leave a bit to be desired imo, but overall they're a good band. I couldn't care less about comparing them to this or that band, that's somewhat juvenile to an extent and I find it counterproductive to assessing an album on it's own merits. Also, the suggestion that fans of LOG, Slipknot, etc. can't know much about more underground metal is ridiculous. I know plenty of fans that enjoy metal all around, not just what's considered "real" by whatever elitist nerd groupings on the net are clinging to whatever subgenres. I think it's a good thing for a fan to have Sabbath, LOG, Pentacle, SLipknot, Mayhem, Disgorge, Maiden, Vaginal Bear Trap, Hacride, and whatever else all together in their collections.

Anyways...Ashes and Sacrament are my 2 favorite albums from LOG, and they stand up just fine by any standards of metal.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:20 pm 

I will give Lamb of God one piece of credit:

That song of theirs on Guitar Hero 2 ("Laid to Rest," I think...?) was really fun to play.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:48 pm 

It was, but the cover of it they used in the game was TERRIBLE.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Freewheel Burning
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:02 pm 

I don't hate Lamb of God, they just are not my kind of music. I do respect them though because in the end of the day it's all opinion. One man's trash is another man's gold.

Burnyoursins
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:51 am 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
:lol: heartbreak is literally the cornerstone of literature, BYS. how is that not real emotion? you sound like someone who's never been in a serious relationship. They should use better language, maybe some pretty images, and instead of "telling" they show you, but it's definitely real.

Oh, don't give me this bullshit line about mainstream pop acts really MEANING what they say. *rolls eyes* I have a feeling that when the guy from Birds Of Tokyo writes lyrics about heartbreak, that he probably means it a lot more than say, the fucking Killers. Writing the lyrics for the sake of having people relate to them is absolutely fake. Second of all, heartbreak, and breaking up with your girlfriend because she got tired of your shit are two different things. The death of a family member, or animal, or the ending of a very long relationship, those are things that I would call heartbreak. You are talking to the wrong man if you think I sound like a guy who's never been in a serious relationship. I just know the difference between a 2 year stint, and a 10 year relationship.

Just for the record, I am an avid reader, and I know this. But I wouldn't exactly call Rihanna's lyrics "literature."

The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
SleightOfVickonomy wrote:
...no one still knows what it's supposed to be about.

Well, I reckon there's a pretty good chance it'll be about gory tits.

MazeofTorment
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:17 am 

Have made my case about this band a few times before and won't bother doing so in this thread. Just wanted to say that I've been blasting And The Palaces Burn tonight....such a good album. Every song has a very distinctive feel, yet, fits well within the fold that is the entire album. Was produced by Devin Townsend, I believe, as well....so good.

deathmetalfreak169
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:14 pm 

I have been listening to Lamb of God since 2003. I'm 20 now. My tastes have changed since I have gotten older but one thing that I can't stand about their last 2 albums is the lack of variation between songs. They are by no means a bad band but they are nothing special. Everyone has different tastes though. I wont hate on any band because as a musician I have to appreciate the fact that someone works hard on and believes in what they do. I'd rather see them live than listen to an album.

FengisRipRider
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:51 pm 

They contribute nothing to the genra of heavy metal except gauged earing fanboy's who require some kind of macho commradery in order to feel secure about their over sensitvity and over emphasis to sexuality.............hahaha. Also they make music that my ears find unpleasent mainly due to its panteraish breakdown mentality that I never liked from any band. Also on the subject of lyrics.......if the music is still bad the lyrics do not give it a pass, bad music + good lyrics = bad music.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5