Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
KosherCarnage
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:32 pm 

colin, I think you should check "Enter the Realm of Death". By far the strongest Runemagick record imo. It won't score any points for variation or depth, but all the songs are pretty fucking killer (aside from the silly instrumentals everyone skips anyway)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDbkDQe8rrY

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:47 pm 

I've heard that album once now. So far the titled track, ''Dethrone the Flesh'' and album ender (most peaceful outro on an extreme metal song ever?) sound solid.

Not sure if Runemagick are a band for me though...I'm definitely not into this heavy sort of doom/death metal.

primitivevoid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:50 pm 

colin040 wrote:
I've heard that album once now. So far the titled track, ''Dethrone the Flesh'' and album ender (most peaceful outro on an extreme metal song ever?) sound solid.

Not sure if Runemagick are a band for me though...I'm definitely not into this heavy sort of doom/death metal.

are you speaking of just runemagick your not in to or the genre as a whole??

primitivevoid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:55 pm 

Runemagick doesnt do it for me, i havent really given them the appropriate chance maybe someday i will but for now they just dont appeal to me on the few spins i have given them.

I just got the new Ataraxy full length and am really excited about posting my thoughts on it as there "Curse of the Requiem Mass" ep was a killer slab of finn death metal( by way of spain ?) with a lot of autopsy/asphyx doom influences, and there is not much i like more than my death metal on the boarderline doom side of things. so for those that are interested i will post my brief thoughts on there debut long player...

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:35 pm 

Coincidently I've been listening to Ataraxy for the past two hours! Holy fuck is the album great or what?! It's a massive slab of atmospheric Finndeath with killer riffs. The EP is also very good indeed and I'm wondering why I never heard these guys before today, even more since I usually buy stuff from Memento Mori. :|

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:44 am 

primitivevoid wrote:
colin040 wrote:

are you speaking of just runemagick your not in to or the genre as a whole??

I was talking about Runemagick, but the death/doom metal that tends to lean towards death metal, (e.g Asphyx, Hooden Menance, prob more bands I can't come up with at the moment) don't do much for me either.

Early My Dying Bride rules. The violins really add some bizarre atmosphere to the music. ''Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium'' is a masterpiece for sure.

primitivevoid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:44 pm 

androdion wrote:
Coincidently I've been listening to Ataraxy for the past two hours! Holy fuck is the album great or what?! It's a massive slab of atmospheric Finndeath with killer riffs. The EP is also very good indeed and I'm wondering why I never heard these guys before today, even more since I usually buy stuff from Memento Mori. :|

You pretty much summed up my thoughts on this album. it is killer and deserves to be spun.

primitivevoid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:48 pm 

droneriot: i got a chance to check out delirium's Zzooouhh album and it is def appeals to my taste in death doom just thought id let you know i checked it out and liked it so thanks for the recomendation.

The_Erlking
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:44 pm 

colin040 wrote:
Early My Dying Bride rules. The violins really add some bizarre atmosphere to the music. ''Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium'' is a masterpiece for sure.

Damn right. My favourite My Dying Bride release is actually "Trinity" which is a collection of their early demos and eps.
I'd love to blast a bit of Voivod and make a better-looking gun turret to glue on the tortoise's shell to make it look like Killing Technology, but the wife won't let me. I think I'll get an Emperor penguin instead.

primitivevoid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:31 pm 

just checked out faal and it is some really good funeral doom which reminds me a little of evoken in the melodies they stretched to forevers horizons.

TheUnhinged
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:52 pm 

I would like to hear Death/Doom similar to Morgion's first album. What's important to me is how the music is meant to sound majestic rather than weepy or romantic. Vocal-style doesn't really matter to me so much, so don't be afraid to recommend something with clean vocals (whether they be male or female). The aggressive riffs and majestic atmosphere are what are important to me.

Also, I am already familiar with My Dying Bride, Anathema, Paradise Lost, Officium Triste, Mourning Beloveth, and Evoken. Just to narrow things down a little. :p

primitivevoid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:36 pm 

TheUnhinged wrote:
I would like to hear Death/Doom similar to Morgion's first album. What's important to me is how the music is meant to sound majestic rather than weepy or romantic. Vocal-style doesn't really matter to me so much, so don't be afraid to recommend something with clean vocals (whether they be male or female). The aggressive riffs and majestic atmosphere are what are important to me.

Also, I am already familiar with My Dying Bride, Anathema, Paradise Lost, Officium Triste, Mourning Beloveth, and Evoken. Just to narrow things down a little. :p

i find morgions last album, cloaked in ages crowned in earth to be very majestic. however that is probably not what you were looking for in a recomendation.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:19 pm 

TheUnhinged wrote:

The Lord works in mysterious ways! I was listening to Before The Rain a few hours ago and thinking how similar it was to Morgion, maybe you can try them? And it's always good to recommend some national goods. :nods:

On a side note, I checked Mourning and I have to agree with you droneriot, they're nothing special.

Morphine1873
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:34 am 

TheUnhinged wrote:
I would like to hear Death/Doom similar to Morgion's first album. What's important to me is how the music is meant to sound majestic rather than weepy or romantic.

Right now, I'm thinking of Infinite Grievance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35D--uTrgTU
And Nightrealm: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-MufWkZLlY

misogynisticfeminist
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:59 pm 

All I can say is wow, thanks to this thread I've come across Dark Millennium. Thanks a ton you guys.

primitivevoid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:52 pm 

cool there are a lot of good recs in this thread i think.

primitivevoid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:52 pm 

cool there are a lot of good recs in this thread i think.

analog_winter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:41 am 

Can anyone recommend me some good funeral or death/doom (or a mix of the two) similar to Asunder's A Clarion Call?

Please don't bring feels to Metal Archives. I'm content with nihilism.

Morphine1873
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:49 pm 

There are members of Asunder in Destroy Judas; I wouldn't say thers's a lot of similarities to be found between those two bands, but it can be of some interest to you nonetheless.

As for a more "accurate" rec, I'd say you could check out Stoic Dissention/ Fastidium Vita.

nasum
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:08 pm 

I need atmospheric funeral doom bands to listen, help me guys. I'm looking for something like Skepticism first two or Ixion debut. Should be slow with crushing emptiness vibe overall, I'm not looking for evil/creepy atmosphere like Wormphlegm or similar. Dunno if I made myself clear enough. :|

It's probably his idea of metal. That Black Sabbath and Trouble stuff doesn't have enough gangsta giving the finger.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:35 pm 

nasum wrote:
I need atmospheric funeral doom bands to listen, help me guys. I'm looking for something like Skepticism first two or Ixion debut. Should be slow with crushing emptiness vibe overall, I'm not looking for evil/creepy atmosphere like Wormphlegm or similar. Dunno if I made myself clear enough. :|

You may want to check out 1000 Funerals and Faal. They're both very atmospheric and definitely give off a vibe of emptiness and despair. To me, anyway.

primitivevoid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:37 pm 

analog_winter wrote:
Can anyone recommend me some good funeral or death/doom (or a mix of the two) similar to Asunder's A Clarion Call?

I find a lot of similarities between asunder's a clarion call and Morgion's cloaked in ages crowned in earth. a very underrated album and a fine swan song from one of my personal favorite death doom bands ever.

DeathForBlitzkrieg
A Dead Man's Robe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:53 pm 

nasum wrote:

Pantheist - O Solitude
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9cO1rC5xKo

metaldiscussor666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:53 pm 

Brutal technical death metal in the vein of Deadly Remains and 7 H. Target?

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:54 pm 

metaldiscussor666 wrote:

Wrong thread? :p

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:00 pm 

metaldiscussor666 wrote:

Damn, dude. This is the 2nd time you're posting in the wrong thread today. Learn to read, eh?

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

primitivevoid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:48 pm 

damn i thought this thread actually had some activity in it for the first time in a month

andersbang
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:08 am 

Has anybody listened to the new Anatomia? I've only listened to the tracks off of youtube, but hot damn they sound awesome. Crusingly heavy, very eerie... Yes please. I also remember listening to the new Ataraxy, that was mentioned a few posts up, some time ago, but somehow forgot about them again. Big mistake.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:19 pm 

primitivevoid wrote:
damn i thought this thread actually had some activity in it for the first time in a month

It's a slow thread for slow music.

primitivevoid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:21 pm 

Ataraxy's new one is killer. i didnt really get into the new anatomia record, its not bad by any means but it just didnt grab me by the throat and make me pay attention either. i did come across fleshcrawl's discography however and while there debut album was doomed out death metal at its finest there later material is very similar to autopsy with a little bit of a harder edge. All in all i cant say a bad thing about them i really dig them and its a band i put off checking out for a long time just because i hadnt heard much about them. well check em out if you havent esply there debut.

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:56 am 

I found the Anatomia to be pretty good, not crushing in the slightest, but I really liked the way they added those eerie keys to it.

primitivevoid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:08 pm 

for the pirates out there: the new Indesinence album vessels of light and decay is up on getmetal.org . i bolught the album when it came out i find it solid death doom. sorry if i am not susposed to let people know about this if so pm me and i will edit post.

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:44 pm 

I really liked the older Indesinence material but ive always considered more of a slow atmospheric death metal album rather than real doom/death. I acquired the new album myself but yet have to hear it.

caio160
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:22 pm 

Hello guys, I'm new here in the forum and It's my first topic. I was searching for some new funeral bands and found one quite unique but since I was very busy, I just forgot the name. I'd like if someone here could tell me the name of this band. The band has arround three albums, and all of them have only one track each with more or less 53 minutes length and I remember that the first one is about earth creation, like genesis. That's all I remember

Thanks for the attention and sory for my english.( I'm from Brazil)

Doomsday
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:37 pm 

caio160 wrote:
Hello guys, I'm new here in the forum and It's my first topic. I was searching for some new funeral bands and found one quite unique but since I was very busy, I just forgot the name. I'd like if someone here could tell me the name of this band. The band has arround three albums, and all of them have only one track each with more or less 53 minutes length and I remember that the first one is about earth creation, like genesis. That's all I remember

Thanks for the attention and sory for my english.( I'm from Brazil)

Are you thinking of Monolithe?

caio160
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:31 pm 

Thank you Doomsday. That's exactly what i was looking for.

emperorjvl
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:10 pm 

Took a quick look, didn't see mention of Wraith of the Rope's "Ada". Absolutely crushing funeral doom. One of my all-time favorites. Give it a listen!

cold_device
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:38 pm 

I'm looking for bands that fit this:
Vocals: Clean (must have non-clean as well), just Non-clean, no lead/co-lead females vocals, you can feel the emotions (sorrow, anguish, despair, etc.)
Music: Emotional as the vocals, Heavy, fast, slow, melodic, non-melodic (it's all fine)
Lyrics: Dealing with love (or lack of I should say), heartache, sorrow, despair, personal/life struggles

I think my requirements might have described a lot of bands in this genre, but I'm leaving it up to you to suggest the bands you feel successfully deliver what I seek. Surely you've gone through hell and have felt these emotions. So please share your suggestions that help you cope.

I know very few bands in this genre, my favorites being Ghost Brigade and Novembers Doom.
So I apologize for seeming stupid/ignorant.
Thanks in advance!

primitivevoid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:33 am 

Just thought id mention the mighty Goatlord, listening to there album reflections of the solistice and am still continuely floored by it. great dirty death doom with hints of black.

I Am the Law
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:33 am 

I have a couple of recommendations for some good doom/death albums from this year.

Eye of Solitude - Sui Cadere

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chCN8nhdi4c

Inborn Suffering - Regression to Nothingness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZyJGePVFMI

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 28  Next