Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 224878
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:10 pm 

Still waiting on Gorguts as well.
Otherwise, 2013 is all about new WORMED!

IX Leviathan
Bepsi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:35 pm 

It'd be nice to see something new from Persuader and Quo Vadis. Although the former, I can't see happening and they've been dragging it on for going on 5 years now, and the latter has sort of become irrelevant. Would be awesome to hear some new Immolation and apparently Rotting Christ are also in the process of writing a new album, so I'm pretty pumped to give both of them a listen. I'm not too big on the direction Rotting Christ took with their last few albums (aside from Theogonia but they've supposedly been playing a lot of their old stuff live lately if that's any indication of anything (probably not, but I can hope!). Oh, new The Project Hate as well, Bleeding the New Apocalypse was excellent and a new release from them is always welcome.
Like holy shit can't you get black out drunk and fist fight someone over a value pick burger in the drive thru and not hear about it for the rest of your life?

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:40 pm 

Supposedly Cobalt will be releasing a new album called "Slow Forever". I can't wait, don't know how the hell they'll follow up an album like Gin though.

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:41 pm 

Come to think of it, Electric Wizard might release a new album aswell. That single Legalize Drugs and Murder certainly points in that direction.

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:47 pm 

Zerberus wrote:
Come to think of it, Electric Wizard might release a new album aswell. That single Legalize Drugs and Murder certainly points in that direction.

Yeah, I think Black Masses was a huge mistake for them. The only tracks I like on that album are the bookend tracks, and this is coming from a huge Electric Wizard fan. Legalize Drugs and Murder was a big step up from that. Hopefully they will be able to redeem themselves with their next one.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:26 pm 

I liked Black Masses, it was just much rockier. I don't think EW are capable of making a bad album.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:31 pm 

OneSizeFitzpatrick wrote:
Ozenrol wrote:
New albums from Thorns and Dawn (Swe).

I had no idea Dawn was working on a new album... This post is the only one that caught my eye in this thread. 2013's shaping up to look pretty sad at this point, but a new Dawn album might tide me over for a couple weeks if it's anything like Slaughtersun.

If Asklund is doing production (which isn't too improbable), then the new Dawn album is screwed.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Drahkarg
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:35 pm 

Time II

:headbang:

Kigo7
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:40 pm 

The new Black Sabbath album. If anything just to see/hear if the hype surrounding it has been justified or not.

I'll probably be hunting around for albums next year anyway.....

maxxpower
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:00 pm 

I hope you guys aren't just throwing names around. I got excited reading about a possible new Twilight album.

CoF
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:06 pm 

maxxpower wrote:
I hope you guys aren't just throwing names around. I got excited reading about a possible new Twilight album.

According to their Facebook page, they've already started to record the new album - maybe even are finished doing that - and it should only be a matter of time that it will be released. It might even will be out this year already, considering the date of their last statements on the recording process. If this one tops "Monument To Time End", it will easily be my album of the year.

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:18 pm 

Looking at the wikipedia page for 2013 there isn't a whole lot of stuff I'm super excited about, a few things I'm interested in hearing, but not actually anticipating anything great.

As for the really anticipated stuff you've got Autopsy, Macabre Eternal was badass, and hopefully that can keep the run time to 45 minutes and serve up another slab of DM that great. Mitochondrion, it's only an EP which is a bit underwhelming, but the band kicks ass so it'll do me. Other than that, there is nothing.

Well, not quite nothing, there are a few things I'll be sure to check out, but I'm not actually expecting much from. Alcest's last album sucked, and I'm not exactly hopeful for him really nailing it again, Suffocation are in the same boat, !T.O.O.H! have me a bit concerned for no real reason whatsoever. And there are others, but I'm too bored by them to actually write them out.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:20 pm 

lord_ghengis wrote:
!T.O.O.H! have me a bit concerned for no real reason whatsoever.

Let's hope these concerns are unfounded because I'd like to hear something good from these guys.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:28 pm 

dystopia4 wrote:

Yeah, I think Black Masses was a huge mistake for them. The only tracks I like on that album are the bookend tracks, and this is coming from a huge Electric Wizard fan. Legalize Drugs and Murder was a big step up from that. Hopefully they will be able to redeem themselves with their next one.

When Black Masses came out I wasn't all that into it either, but certain songs on the album sorta grew on me, mainly Patterns of Evil, The Nightchild and Black Mass although I'm still not too happy about the production. Let's hope their future material has some "warmer" qualities

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:37 pm 

MikeyC wrote:
lord_ghengis wrote:
!T.O.O.H! have me a bit concerned for no real reason whatsoever.

Let's hope these concerns are unfounded because I'd like to hear something good from these guys.

For the life of me I can't think of a logical reason that it won't be good, but I still can't get excited by it.

conquer__all
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:55 pm 

Amorphis, fen, moonsorrow, tyr, king diamond

Shadoeking
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:53 pm 

In actually doing a search for albums already with release dates and submitted here, I am also looking forward to Holy Grail and Voivod. I really liked the most recent Holy Grail album even though it was not well-received by a lot of people. And of course Voivod will be interesting. The first song is terrific and definitely sounds like a return to form from their last couple of releases which have not been nearly as good.

ColdBecoming
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:36 pm 

ive also heard immolation planning on releasing an album next year, which immediately becomes my most anticipated album, new gorguts if it comes out will be great too. and of course defeated sanity, and i believe lost soul too. and i think read something about a new vengeful EP along with rerecorded version of their karma album, stoked about those too.

Varth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:55 pm 

Immolation will always have my attention despite I don't think they've come close to topping Close To A World Below and have even stepped it down a bit, it's great to see them soldier on and tour. They'll always have my support.

However I think I would be drooling at the mouth waiting for a new album by The Chasm who might be done, I think they deserve some attention from those that shower Immolation with unconditional praise, especially for their last album Farseeing The Paranormal Abysm. It wasn't just another release, that was a damn fucking great Death Metal album.

Nothing else has me waiting with baited breath. To be cheese, I want my breath taken away by something, or something to just grab my interest with a death grip.

UNCHAIN_THE_WOLVES
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:40 pm 

#1 for me has to be the same thing I most anticipated about 2012 and that was the possibility of a new Destroyer 666 album... one was talked about for this year but it didn't happen so hopefully the post-shrapnel D666 can deliver one in 2013...

Same goes for Abyssic Hate, would fuckin' kill for a new album... might be pissing against the wind with that one tho...

Well those are the main two... I could list all my favourite bands and state a hope for new material but other than that there is nothing of interest scheduled for 2013 that I know of... well except one album but not sure if I can mention that... a new album from my favourite English BM band anyway...

Subcide
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:46 pm 

Hanging out for new:
- Godflesh
- Diocletian
- Suffocation
- Incantation

maxxpower
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:53 pm 

CoF wrote:
According to their Facebook page, they've already started to record the new album - maybe even are finished doing that - and it should only be a matter of time that it will be released. It might even will be out this year already, considering the date of their last statements on the recording process. If this one tops "Monument To Time End", it will easily be my album of the year.

Thanks for the info man.

Yeah if they can top Monument To Time End, especially songs like 8,000 Years then this album will be played on repeat for weeks.

rbrnflms
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:26 pm 

Zemial- Nykta
Insision(SWE)- new album

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:38 pm 

Katalepsy
Defeated Sanity
Hail Of Bullets
Severe Torture
7 H. Target
Pyrexia
Disgorge (US)
Suffocation

...to name few. I'll think of some more, but those are at the forefront atm.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:58 pm 

Gore__Grinder wrote:
ive also heard immolation planning on releasing an album next year, which immediately becomes my most anticipated album, new gorguts if it comes out will be great too. and of course defeated sanity

Immolation, Gorguts, and Defeated Sanity - it's already going to be a great 2013.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

rawsewage
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:01 am 

Manilla Road. I believe the new one won't be out til early next year.

slavonic777
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:40 am 

Gorguts (no more tickling please)
Mithras
Aosoth
Prosanctus Inferi
The Monolith Deathcult
Shroud of the heretic (!)
Solefald
Nattsol

And am looking forward also to see live Solefald and !T.O.O.H.! between others

Looking at what I just wrote, I have to say it could be epic year as fuck :)

Rustneversleeps
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:05 am 

Summoning!

lennonlikesmetal
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:02 am 

My Bloody Valentine.

oogboog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:51 am 

Misfit74 wrote:
7 H. Target

Wait, they are? Sweet, I hope it'll be as great as Fast-Slow Demolition, if not better.

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:58 am 

Suffocation, Immolation, Deicide, Dark Funeral, Slayer, something by Danzig, Vital Remains

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:06 am 

percepticide wrote:
Wintersun- Time 2

:lol: The title of the thread was 2013, not 2020

Pagan Altar, which was on my list of top of things to look forward to this year. It was originally due out mid year this year. Here's hoping it sees the light of day soon.

Riffs wrote:
It's been scientifically proven that appreciating Black Sabbath helps increase life expectancy, improves happiness, bumps your salary by 11 thousand dollars annually, helps fight cavities and increases penis size.

DraakUla
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:08 am 

Most excited for new albums by:
Rotting Christ
Belphegor
Katalepsy
Hate

SkinMM
Jesus Loves Me (More than You)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:08 pm 

FirebathDan wrote:
Alcest has a new record due in 2013, which is being recorded in Iceland at Sigur Ros' studio and is said to be abandoning metal elements altogether. The latter is fine with me as, I've always thought that most of the BM elements were the weakest elements in their overall sound. But the former has me excited at the thought of a whole new dimension to their sound as well as the thought of any potential Alcest/Sigur Ros collaboration (although nothing is confirmed at this time).

I think Alcest can definitely do without blastbeats and screamed vocals(although they provide a nice contrast at times) but the music would lose a lot of depth if the distortion was ditched.Hopefully Jonsi is nowhere near the next album. Audrey Sylvain, on the other hand...

As you can possibly tell, I'm hoping for 'Souvenirs..' part 2.

Last edited by SkinMM on Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nosferatu1234
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:11 pm 

What's up with Dead Congregation? Next year will be 5 years since Graves of the Archangels was released. I haven't heard a damn thing about them since. Has anyone heard anything?

Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:33 pm 

Mayhem - interested to hear what these guys have come up with. I hope it is good as I personally thought they should have split up after blasphemer left.

Gorguts - Not the biggest fan, of their latest stuff, but I love their debut and some songs of obscura. So this might be an interesting listen.

The Dillinger Escape Plan - Not metal by the archives standards, but I love this band. Listened the last album to death. And wonder if they are able to top it.

Faith No More - Rumour has it that they have a new album in the works. Kind of worried about this one, as I doubt they can live up to their legacy.

Carcass - Same as the above. But I am really curious as to what they can come up with.

p0wnn00b
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:22 pm 

I'm interested to hear how Carcass will be able to handle a new record without half of their classic lineup. Sure, the first two records didn't have Mike, but Ken was still on them.

I'm also eager for new Autopsy, Electric Wizard, Slayer, Megadeth (?), Black Sabbath, Gorguts, Sodom, Alice in Chains, and Darkthrone.

Metallica are looking to release in 2014, but that's far away.

soulonfire
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:24 pm 

Motorhead have a new out coming out in the summer I think. Pagan Altar, Hell, and Ghost are all at the top of my list. And of course, new Megadeth is always good.

Use Baloo and calypso music.

conquer__all
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:24 pm 

I forgot about Solefald and Finntroll, as well as Alestorm

Cruciphage
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:30 pm 

Ulcerate have been working on new material since March and are now focusing on it. According to their Facebook page and website, they already have 4 songs finished. I've been listening to Everything Is Fire and The Destroyers of All almost exclusively for the past week, so I've kind of got my fingers crossed about the next one coming out next year.

The new Devourment seems promising. I loved the darker direction they took on Unleash the Carnivore and I hope the next one follows that path.

OneSizeFitzpatrick wrote:
Ozenrol wrote:
New albums from Thorns and Dawn (Swe).

I had no idea Dawn was working on a new album... This post is the only one that caught my eye in this thread. 2013's shaping up to look pretty sad at this point, but a new Dawn album might tide me over for a couple weeks if it's anything like Slaughtersun.

Eh...I see these names tossed out year after year and nothing ever materializes. I want to see new albums as badly as the next guy, but I'm calling bullshit until I see something official from a label.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next