Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
halfformedfetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:41 am 

Hey guys so just cranking the Exhumed albums again and wondering how everyone feels about the old and new albums! i am a huge exhumed fan! they havnt been the most prolific band only releasing a few albums over the years but by god they can churn out some grinding death metal! anyone real hardcore fans out there? any old merch you want to show? if this thread works il post my old Slaughtercult shirt! pretty awesome

6Xul66
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:07 am 

They're working on a new album...

Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:57 pm 

I think All Guts, No Glory is the only album from them I liked. I also like the songs Necromaniac (rerecorded) and The Matter of Splatter, but no other full albums.

Saw these guys live half a year ago. Was supposed to see them again live last tuesday but they never showed up.

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:58 pm 

I used to own "Dissecting the Causiated Omnetum" or whatever that first d.i.y release was called; it was decent Carcass worshipping death/grind but that is as far as I would go. They used to play shows opening for bands like Autopsy way back in the day. I really haven't heard any of their newer stuff. Back then, I was a lot more into grindcore than I am nowadays.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:10 pm 

Recently got into them through All Guts, No Glory, as it's a magnificent death/grind record with a great riffs, awesome melodic solos and one of the best dual vocal attacks I've heard in extreme metal since early Carcass. I'm yet to explore the rest of their discography, but if anything else they produced is only half as good as AGNG, then I'm sure I won't be disappointed :metal:

~Guest 69485
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:22 pm 

What's not to love about Exhumed? Slaughtercult is my personal favorite and I thought All Guts, No Glory really stepped it up a notch for them. The thing I've always appreciated about them, especially among the other carcass worshippers, is their sense of urgency, which Slaughtercult has perfectly on display with some of the catchiest songs in their book. They never let you nod along to a mid-paced groove too long before obliterating you with speed and rushing, sliding power chords. It just never gets old to me.

I kinda felt like Anatomy is Destiny was their weakest effort, but I definitely need to give it more listens before I settle on that.

Also, is there a better cover of Madonna's "Material Girl" out there? No.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:18 pm 

Anatomy Is Destiny gets tossed away a lot because it turns more to Heartwork era Carcass, that is being much more melodic and hook-ridden than any of their other albums. With that being said I have to state that it's a great album, although if you don't like the idea of some melody in your Exhumed then you should move along. I mean, the intro into "Waxwork" and that first minute with all those riffs... I say goddamn! "The Matter Of Splatter", "Grotesqueries", "In The Name Of Gore" and "Arclight" are all great songs. The album is probably not as consistent or brutally bludgeoning as others but it still is a great album. Probably more in line with Impaled than with Exhumed though.

I still haven't checked their newest but the first two are really fucking heavy and Slaughtercult in particular has this dry production that makes it even more menacing than it was already. Can't name a favourite but the first two have their best songs, no doubt about that.

halfformedfetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:23 pm 

New album? Fuck yeah!! i do love all Exhumed although i feel Anatomy is there weakest effort! "Umbersun comments on Slaughtercult couldn't be more true! absolutely brutal album! musically and lyrically

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:02 pm 

When I saw them live recently, I was only familiar with All Guts No Glory, and since morphing from a casual fan to an invested fan due to the sheer quality of their performance, I can say pretty confidently that Slaughtercult is their best album.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

The Orange Man
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:13 am 

One of my favorite bands. I'll gladly jump on the bandwagon and give Slaughtercult the nod for being my favorite. But I also really loved Anatomy Is Destiny. It wasn't what I expected it to be, but I didn't feel like Exhumed left anything on the table, either. They altered their direction, put some other spices in the chili, but it's still stamped and certified Exhumed.

I've heard that Sacha Dunable from Intronaut did some guest vocals for the new album. Looking forward to hearing how that turned out.

FrizzySkernip
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:32 pm 

I've really only listened to Anatomy Is Destiny and I thought it was alright. I think I'll check out All Guts, No Glory after seeing everyone having a circlejerk about it I think I may check it out.

6Xul66
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:54 pm 

Gore Metal and Slaughtercult are both amazing Death/grind albums as well as All Guts. Anatomy was a bit shit seeing as it was too much of a Carcass rip off, just wasn't balls out like i expect from Exhumed. Can't wait for the new album!

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:12 pm 

Anyone like the Goregasm demo? I think it's even better than Gore Metal but then again I only know Gore Metal since I bought it three months ago. Goregasm is just dirty, awesome grindcore which I think I prefer over the "Necroticism..."-inspired death metal style.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:38 pm 

never heard the "Gorgasm" release, but they used to sell a tape called "Dissecting the Causeated Omentum" at their shows way back when, maybe right around that time. I used to own that, haven't listend to it in a long while though, as I kind of got tired of that sound. The style was a lot like "Symphonies of Sickness" era Carcass. Decent stuff.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:23 pm 

hey no shit, some of the members are in the very excellent dekapitator and the almighty replusion! i never knew! :eek:

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:38 pm 

Gore Metal was a big favorite of mine a few years ago. Always found Slaughtercult boring as fuck. Anatomy is Destiny is pretty cool, if I remember correctly. Haven't heard the latest. Hell, I haven't listened to them in a while. Should probably change that.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:24 pm 

Gore Metal is my favorite, Slaughtercult right after. Anatomy I didn't care for much at all. haven't bothered with All Guts yet I figured it would be more like Anatomy.

it's all about catchy sing alongs like Casketcrusher and Limb from Limb.

Reply to topic