Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Ihsahn9
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:10 pm 

Ok, thank you. Good night.

Ihsahn9
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:09 am 

Azmodes wrote:
Those pictures are perfect. I'll check out the music tomorrow, time for bed now.

Hi, so is the music ok then?

TheGrimWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:37 pm 

You'll need to be more patient, Ihsahn. I know it can be frustrating to wait when you have a submission ready to go, but these mods have lives outside of this website. They volunteer here, so Azmodes will get around to listening to the samples when he has a chance, and I promise he will get back to you.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:05 pm 

The Wombat speaks the truth. Ihsahn9, you can submit the band now.

Ihsahn9
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:07 pm 

TheGrimWombat wrote:
You'll need to be more patient, Ihsahn. I know it can be frustrating to wait when you have a submission ready to go, but these mods have lives outside of this website. They volunteer here, so Azmodes will get around to listening to the samples when he has a chance, and I promise he will get back to you.

It was not my intention to pretend an answer right now, I was just wondering if someone was online to take a look. But I'm sorry, I don't want to urge you to hurry at all. I know that they don't live here and the service is free. Thank you for answering me thought. Have a good day.

Ihsahn9
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:15 am 

Azmodes wrote:

Just the last questions so I don't make mistakes, do I have to add just the last album or the entire discography? and do I have to send again the album's photos and the songs when I add the band? Thank you very much

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:45 am 

Ihsahn9 wrote:
Azmodes wrote:

Just the last questions so I don't make mistakes, do I have to add just the last album or the entire discography? and do I have to send again the album's photos and the songs when I add the band? Thank you very much

The entire discography, we're listing bands, not metal phases of bands. And please include all the info and proof you posted here in the submission in case a mod who hasn't recently looked at this thread comes across the submission in the queue.

DrTrevorkian
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:18 pm 

Hi,

Here's some photographic evidence for Bite Wound's physical releases (all two of them). Both have been out for a while now, even if they're not tearing up the charts...

Thanks,
Trevor/Bite Wound

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/4798 ... ysical.jpg

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:32 am 

DrTrevorkian wrote:
Both have been out for a while now, even if they're not tearing up the charts...

You can resubmit, mate. :)

Andre Gaius
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:30 pm 

This band has been rejected by the moderators for the following reason:

"Not a metal band...

How so? That's not enough. Today Roba El-Khaliyeh isn't Metal, but started playing Industrial Black Metal and released one album in this way. Maybe think that the songs that I put on YT are not actually from 'Roba' because myspace has only the songs of the new stuff, but I have how to prove that those songs are from the Roba El-Khaliyeh if necessary.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:42 pm 

If the band had a metal album, you need to provide evidence for it by showing us samples of that metal album, we're not just gonna take your word for it...

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:49 pm 

Telling from the moderator notes of that submission UndeadIdiot didn't think the early stuff was metal either.

~Guest 152635
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:08 pm 

Andre Gaius wrote:
This band has been rejected by the moderators for the following reason:

"Not a metal band...

How so? That's not enough. Today Roba El-Khaliyeh isn't Metal, but started playing Industrial Black Metal and released one album in this way. Maybe think that the songs that I put on YT are not actually from 'Roba' because myspace has only the songs of the new stuff, but I have how to prove that those songs are from the Roba El-Khaliyeh if necessary.

Only the first sample was even close to black metal that you provided from the first album (and that's pushing it..). I didn't think it wasn't from another band, it just wasn't metal. It was industrial/ambient stuff with some guitars every now and then..

Here is what you showed us in case the others want to listen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xtd-sD1te7E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT2vZ91dnR0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Rq5jaRBFBE

TexanCycoThrasher
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:15 am 

So, I'm attempting to add the band Cleric from Dallas, Texas and the site has informed me that there is a band from the US under that moniker that is blacklisted but I am unsure whether or not it is this Cleric. For further information they are a death//doom band from Dallas featuring members of Steel bearing Hand, Tyrannosorceress, Baring Teeth, My Son My Executioner, and Kill the Client. They have a 7" single out and are about to release a Full Length. They have been around for quite some time. But I am curious as to if this is the band that is banned.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:26 am 

It appears they were blacklisted because they weren't a metal band. Can you provide links?

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

TexanCycoThrasher
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:38 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAwK1kVlT7w
But the reason i asked of the blacklisting was if there was another US Cleric that wasn't a metal act. Anyway the link above is a song by the Dallas Cleric.

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:49 pm 

You have the weirdest perception of "death/doom" I've ever seen, that mostly sounded like Pantera with DM influences... :???:

Deathpendant
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:59 pm 

Hey I submited a new side project of mine that I self released on Cd-r , the picture's blurred out.. anyhow, I am not going to be making much music or anything anymore .. after all, its time to move forward from my band in which I wanted originally, and at the same time it helps because Im putting alot of memories away that I do not want (if that makes any sense) . Whatever , You can resubmit Lidande if you like too, this is the official facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Lidand ... 34?fref=ts with the information on releases aswell.

It would be best to leave out as much information on the band members and perhaps just leave it at (none) the music is not stolen, they were a few tracks that were collaborated and all in all worked together for the better as its now been discussed with the rest of them.

The album information is all on last.fm and photos are thrown around everywhere, I honestly do not care to put it all together and prove anything..as there is not much to prove.. except that the band is what it is.. a colloboration some metal, some not metal.

If anything you can email me back again at [email protected] to take care of it I do not want any one to do anything and go searching for info, if anything just leave it how it is....I just wanted to confirm that once again, have a good one.

~Guest 152635
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:21 pm 

Deathpendant wrote:
Blah, blah, blah, killed myself 3 times even though I am here, somehow, trying to submit the same band that has been blacklisted.

It's still not metal, though (The Evangelist). I listened to it today after seeing you submit it, yesterday. I hope you're aware you've been asked to cut this out. I didn't listen to or investigate Lidande, though. Someone else can mess with that..

TexanCycoThrasher
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:33 pm 

MalignantThrone wrote:
You have the weirdest perception of "death/doom" I've ever seen, that mostly sounded like Pantera with DM influences... :???:

What you hear was recorded in 2007, bands change. As for getting Pantera out of that, that is something I cannot hear. As for the group now, yes they are indeed a death/doom band. I would send a live video but this site does not gauge the metalness of a band on live recordings. I assume I will re-attempt this once their album is out and we don't have to deal with their older recordings.

elfstone321
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:45 pm 

Hi dudes, I have a posssible silly question: an usb can be consider as a physical proof?? here you can see this:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... 920%2C1200

they are saying: Avalible on 1 november In digital form in Bancamp and physically in usb, also see the usb:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... 200%2C1920

this is the band:
http://www.facebook.com/dotfmetal

TadakatsuH0nda
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:17 am 

Tried submitting a band to find they were already rejected, just curious as to what the reason for rejection was for the band 'Schwardix Marvally' from Japan, they sound like they'd fit somewhere in the neoclassical/gothic metal spectrum generally, and seem metal enough to me, but that's just a single opinion, anyone care to give these samples a listen? Thanks in advance.

These 5 samples I've just uploaded are the majority of their discography excluding two soft ballad-ish songs (They only existed for two years hence the tiny discography.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWuwh3aN_l0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjvBT0-7KXA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ7Rtc8N9ZE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRaXSf8ABvA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcbmCBpI4ak
------------------------------------------------------------------
Japanese Metal Forum

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:49 am 

elfstone321 wrote:
Hi dudes, I have a posssible silly question: an usb can be consider as a physical proof?? here you can see this:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... 920%2C1200

they are saying: Avalible on 1 november In digital form in Bancamp and physically in usb, also see the usb:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... 200%2C1920

this is the band:
http://www.facebook.com/dotfmetal

We've been through this topic about USB being legit as physical releases. That time, we said no. The files can still be deleted and are still digital as well.

So my opinion is no, it does not count as a physical release. Maybe some other mod can explain this better.

Ribos
Radioactive Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:28 am 

Porman wrote:
We've been through this topic about USB being legit as physical releases. That time, we said no. The files can still be deleted and are still digital as well.

So my opinion is no, it does not count as a physical release. Maybe some other mod can explain this better.
In fairness, a CD-RW can have its files deleted as well, and all CDs have "digital" data. Is that to say CD-Rs are acceptable releases but CD-RWs are not?

Also, if permanence is the issue, if a USB drive's files were locked on it, would that make it an acceptable release? Some professional software uses USB dongles as security keys, and those are quite difficult to modify, so I don't think this scenario is outside the realm of possibility.

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:33 pm 

Actually, yes, Ribos. Mods around here do in fact tend to be a lot more strict in regards to scale/quantity of distribution when the release in question is on a CD-RW instead of a CD-R.

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:07 pm 

After checking that link, I'd consider that USB more some kind of memorabilia than a physical release...
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:26 pm 

In all fairness, if you really want to be anal about it, is a tape a physical release since you can record stuff over it?
It's been discussed before. Use the search function and see for yourself, since I don't remember what the outcome was (except for that USB sticks don't count as PR).

ParoxysmXX
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:28 am 

Can someone please inform me why my band 'The Cheesy Bacon Lords Of Doom' was denied and blacklisted and my previous account banned? The moderator in question accused me of trolling. I find this highly insulting as my band is not only legitimate and real, but more than meets all the criteria required for a band to be listed on the site. To add to this, there are bands on this site such as Skull Transmission about which nothing more than the name is known, and yet you will not recognise actual, producing bands where much more than the band name is known. I realise this band was added some time ago when submission rules may not have been as they are today, but this is still an outrageous double standard that I personally find very offensive and I'll not stand for it.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:29 am 

Alrighty, this is gonna be great.

1. You're right. tEH cHeezY b4Q0n lordz OV dHUU|\/| are undeniably metal. Totally. Also, you had some airtight proof of a physical release attached. Also notice the limitation. Truly legitimate. This jumps on our criteria and pumps them full with validity till they explode. You're also correct about the implications of our rules. As long as there's at least one dubious band in the database we should use it as a measuring stick for submissions and accept more like it for the sake of consistency.

2. However, despite that exemplary submission, you weren't banned for it, you were banned for submitting an obviously moronic review.

So you're either a troll or a moron or both, neither of which makes any difference in the end. That you have the nerve to post here playing innocent and outraged makes it even worse. Get the fuck out and take that shit somewhere else. This site isn't a goddamn playground.

Obscurum
Emperor of the Shadows

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:41 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
Alrighty, this is gonna be great ...
So you're either a troll or a moron or both, neither of which makes any difference in the end. That you have the nerve to post here playing innocent and outraged makes it even worse. Get the fuck out and take that shit somewhere else. This site isn't a goddamn playground.

Ha ha. xD (Clap, clap)

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:46 pm 

Azmodes wrote:

Could that go in the Crappy Diem? :D

ParoxysmXX
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:27 pm 

Azmodes wrote:

1. You're right. tEH cHeezY b4Q0n lordz OV dHUU|\/| are undeniably metal. Totally. Also, you had some airtight proof of a physical release attached. Also notice the limitation. Truly legitimate. This jumps on our criteria and pumps them full with validity till they explode. You're also correct about the implications of our rules. As long as there's at least one dubious band in the database we should use it as a measuring stick for submissions and accept more like it for the sake of consistency.

2. However, despite that exemplary submission, you weren't banned for it, you were banned for submitting an obvious moronic review.

I fail to see why that should make any difference to my legitimate band. Yes, the review was moronic, but blacklisting my submission seems too far. They are separate issues as far as I can see. I understand submitting a troll review is a bannable offence, but I would like to ask that I be allowed to resubmit my band.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:25 am 

ParoxysmXX wrote:
I fail to see why that should make any difference to my legitimate band. Yes, the review was moronic, but blacklisting my submission seems too far. They are separate issues as far as I can see. I understand submitting a troll review is a bannable offence, but I would like to ask that I be allowed to resubmit my band.

The blacklisting of your band had nothing to do with the idiotic review. It was blacklisted simply because it isn't metal.

ParoxysmXX
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:52 am 

I think you'll find it is. A band does not have to make metal and only metal to be considered a metal band.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:57 am 

ParoxysmXX wrote:
I think you'll find it is. A band does not have to make metal and only metal to be considered a metal band.

Yeah, well... different matter here, mate. A band needs one predominantly metallic release to be accepted. Those are the rules; you don't have to agree with them, and we certainly don't expect you to.

But you'll abide by them nonetheless.

BlackheartSauron
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:29 am 

Just curious - why band "Disgust" from UK was rejected? Not metal enough?
It's around 60-70% Crust of course, bust still bears ~30% death metal I think (though I might be wrong), and since Crust is kind of mix of punk and extreme metal anyway, it sounds legit to keep Disgust in.

Also their song "Last Embrace" was even included in "Death... is just the beginning IV" compilation, together with metal bands (though they did also include one band there that doesn't belong - "Dreadful Shadows" with their track "Chains" - so maybe Disgust should be second band that also don't belong - I don't know, you tell me).

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:48 am 

BlackheartSauron wrote:
It's around 60-70% Crust of course, but still bears ~30% death metal I think

You literally just answered your own question. ;)

BlackheartSauron wrote:
Also their song "Last Embrace" was even included in "Death... is just the beginning IV" compilation, together with metal bands (though they did also include one band there that doesn't belong - "Dreadful Shadows" with their track "Chains" - so maybe Disgust should be second band that also don't belong - I don't know, you tell me).

So? That means absolutely nothing. If Nickelback was included on that compilation, would that make them metal? :p

TadakatsuH0nda
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:37 am 

Azmodes wrote:

*slow claps* You just crowned yourself as my favorite moderator. That's dealing with idiocy at its finest. xD
------------------------------------------------------------------
Japanese Metal Forum

Braindisorder
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:09 am 

Hell'o :)
About 2 days ago my submission's band was rejected. Maybe I was doing mistakes or anything else that I didn't know. Look, I'm a newbie. This is my first posting. :D
Now I was try to complete information about the band. I hope I was right and still waiting approval from moderators.
Please check it.
Thanx

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:29 am 

Has your band actually released something physical, like a tape, CD, CDr, or DVD?

If not, please don't bother submitting. We need a band to have a physical release before they can be accepted - it's very clearly explained in the rules, if you care to read. :D

EDIT: Actually. Wait. I just noticed you were trying to submit a blacklisted band. Please see the rejection message and DON'T try that again.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171 ... 541  Next