Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:52 pm 

Yeah, Hallucinating in Resurrecture is pretty good...once you get past the intro. :thumbsdown: Great old-school death worship.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:06 pm 

Just remembered this classic, (almost) in time for the holiday.

Quote:
One day on Christmas Eve my adopted sister forced me to visit my adopted parents who took me in when I was still in diapers (at age 25) for the only time in the entire year! I only agreed to go because they would have presents for me, of course!

When I arrived, I didn't respond to any of their loving greetings or embraces and spent the whole day reading articles on Arabic calligraphy on my kindle. When my grandma asked me how the device worked I went to the bathroom and stayed in there until dinner was served!

I ate without looking up from my kindle a single time and then afterwards napped on the couch while the rest of my family engaged in activities that strengthen bonds of love and fill peoples' lives with value! I was finally roused when it was time to open the presents! I suddenly got very excited for the first time in the entire day and jealously glared and crossed my arms whenever someone else opened a present!

Finally I got mine and ripped them open without looking at who they were from! One was some x-box games, and the other was a hand made jacket from my grandma with love in every stitch. "Thanks a lot" I muttered without attempting to disguise my anger and disappointment. I took the games, leaving the jacket, and walked out the door and drove my sisters' car home. The end!

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:18 pm 

MikeyC wrote:
Yeah, Hallucinating in Resurrecture is pretty good...once you get past the intro. :thumbsdown: Great old-school death worship.

What's wrong with the (slightly) creepy intro? :scratch: I thinks it's a perfect way to set this album up. I would also call it more than just old-school worship, as the album does indeed have it's own rather distinct character and mood.

My collection

Metalfuckingrules
The Ralph Wiggum Monologue

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:36 pm 

Kids these days.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:46 pm 

What in the name of fuck was that all about?!

Metalfuckingrules

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:52 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
What in the name of fuck was that all about?!

Something happened on the bus. Bus driver had enough. Bus driver goes to get kid after telling them to come to the front. Stupid child acts like a badass and stands up and calls him a "motherfucker" from behind. Bus driver losses it and attacks the wannabe badass.

Basically explained here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0WDhfXRJOk

Last edited by Metalfuckingrules on Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheEvilSocky
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:02 pm 

Anyone that likes thrash-y/punk-y and generally badass venom-esque black metal should check out Gehennah
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v1KLBPZ0Cc, that is if anyone is slower on the uptake than I am.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:05 pm 

Yeah the kid was a little shit, but I want to clarify, you aren't sympathizing with the bus driver are you? I mean, a grown man attacking a kid like that, regardless of how much of an asshole he was is, ya know, kinda fucked up.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Metalfuckingrules

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:26 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
Yeah the kid was a little shit, but I want to clarify, you aren't sympathizing with the bus driver are you? I mean, a grown man attacking a kid like that, regardless of how much of an asshole he was is, ya know, kinda fucked up.

Not really. I believe the bus driver should have just ignored the little brat and let him attack from behind (if he was planning on to) so he will be in much more trouble. But then again, the kid was being disrespectful to his elders and is just proof that he is being raised by MTV.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:33 pm 

As far as I'm concerned, that was a display of poor behavior from both the kid and the bus driver, the first for being an idiotic brat and the second one for being so quick to attack a minor in such a way. Neither can be justified, really.

Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:35 pm 

Yum, apple cider is good. :-D

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:36 pm 

Metalfuckingrules wrote:
the kid was being disrespectful to his elders and is just proof that he is being raised by MTV.

Man you are the definition of an "old man child".

Yeah he's an ass and we all want to pop him one but the reason we don't is because we understand the ramifications and societal/legal backlash. A grown adult gripping his hands around his neck because he called him a motherfucker is just... come on. The only swing you see on the video is well after the driver gets a hold of the kid.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

The_Apex_of_Collapse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:42 pm 

TheEvilSocky wrote:
Anyone that likes thrash-y/punk-y and generally badass venom-esque black metal should check out Gehennah
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v1KLBPZ0Cc, that is if anyone is slower on the uptake than I am.

They are cool. Definitely in the higher echelon of kick ass metalpunk. Dirty, and fast, the way it should be.

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:14 am 

The_Apex_of_Collapse wrote:
TheEvilSocky wrote:

They are cool. Definitely in the higher echelon of kick ass metalpunk. Dirty, and fast, the way it should be.

"Bitch with a Bulletbelt." It's like having my "Dear Diary" read back to me as a bedtime story! :-D

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

Metalfuckingrules

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:32 am 

BastardHead wrote:
Metalfuckingrules wrote:
the kid was being disrespectful to his elders and is just proof that he is being raised by MTV.

Man you are the definition of an "old man child".

Yeah he's an ass and we all want to pop him one but the reason we don't is because we understand the ramifications and societal/legal backlash. A grown adult gripping his hands around his neck because he called him a motherfucker is just... come on. The only swing you see on the video is well after the driver gets a hold of the kid.

Well actually, the kids on the bus were giving him a hard time (in the beginning of the video), so I guess he couldn't handle it.

I have seen/heard school teachers get REALLY angry at their students to the point in which they cry, give lectures, swear, and even quit their job (my 9th grade science teacher couldn't handle her 5th period class).

Metalfuckingrules

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:35 am 

And here's another example of what happens when little kids are being raised by MTV, Xbox 360, and smart touch screen phones.

The_Apex_of_Collapse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:45 am 

Plenty of kids play video games, watch/listen to mtv, and use their touch screen phones (I know these are metaphors don't worry.) But the majority of them are not complete little shits. The fact is some of these kids just exist with this mind set and you have to hope they mature.

KC_Slaanesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:52 am 

Isn't this guy like 15? Who says "raised by MTV" anymore, seriously? That expression is so dated! I think that should be replaced with "raised by the internet," and you don't have to look far from this post to see examples of that.

New account, be my friend on the internet! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100013520745780

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:59 am 

Metalfuckingrules wrote:
And here's another example of what happens when little kids are being raised by MTV, Xbox 360, and smart touch screen phones.

Are you using those things as scapegoats, or is it just me? Please, tell me it's just me.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:00 am 

Metalfuckingrules wrote:

This whole shtick is so fucking phony, you are trying so hard to seem mature beyond your years and you're just looking like more and more of a tool each time. I mean seriously, kids have always been assholes and fought and acted like entitled little shits regardless of technology. Are they worse nowadays? Who knows? But get off your fucking rocking chair already.

Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:01 am 

KC_Slaanesh wrote:
Isn't this guy like 15? Who says "raised by MTV" anymore, seriously? That expression is so dated! I think that should be replaced with "raised by the internet," and you don't have to look far from this post to see examples of that.

This is probably the aptest conclusion on this subject.

All my cider is gone. :'(

Metalfuckingrules

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:03 am 

The_Apex_of_Collapse wrote:
Plenty of kids play video games, watch/listen to mtv, and use their touch screen phones (I know these are metaphors don't worry.) But the majority of them are not complete little shits. The fact is some of these kids just exist with this mind set and you have to hope they mature.

Kids who are in ELEMENTARY school should not even HAVE phones!!!! I didn't get my phone until I was in 8th grade (It still works), and that's because I was going on a field trip. Kids at that age (the ones in that fight video I just posted) should be watching Nickelodeon or PBS Kids and not shows like Jersey Shore or Teen Mom.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:04 am 

MFR.... fucking hell, not to sound too pedantic or anything, but if you actually think MTV and touch-screen phones are the root of serious behavioral issues and violent tendencies, you haven't got a fucking clue. If by "raised by MTV" you mean they have nonexistent parental guidance, you might be getting somewhere.

Metalfuckingrules

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:05 am 

KC_Slaanesh wrote:
Isn't this guy like 15?

16. My birthday was in June, dude.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:06 am 

Quote:
Kids who are in ELEMENTARY school should not even HAVE phones!!!! I didn't get my phone until I was in 8th grade

:lol: Yeah, 2 years later makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE

I'm thirty and I don't have a phone. Nobody needs a smartphone. It's convenient for some jobs, and it's a nice toy, but that's it. Kids in elementary school having a phone is not more bizarre than an 8th grader having one.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:08 am 

Metalfuckingrules wrote:
KC_Slaanesh wrote:
Isn't this guy like 15?

16. My birthday was in June, dude.

Biiiiiig difference!

I didn't have a phone until college really. It's good to have, but then again you don't really need to do much besides call and occasionally text people with it...and yeah, kids have always had the potential to be awful, but we just hear about it more now than you did back in the old days. Nothing has changed all that much.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:13 am 

About phones; I don't get the need to have a phone with a thousand different functions. If I can call people, text messages and listen to music with it, then I'm happy.

~Guest 282118

About phones; I don't get the need to have a phone with a thousand different functions. If I can call people, text messages and listen to music with it, then I'm happy.

~Guest 282118

Metalfuckingrules

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:23 am 

Xlxlx wrote:

And that's why I still have my phone (mines can't play music). All I need it for is for emergencies and we don't have a house phone at my house (getting one soon).

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:31 am 

I have a smartphone that I use to surf the web and play games more often than I text or call people. It's fun and handy and I pay the price for it but I'm a well adjusted human being and I've always had phones that were pretty much only one or two years away from being top of the line ever since I was 12. Some kids suck, deal with it and stop talking about how it's technology's fault. How do you kids listen to metal? Seriously, jeez.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:38 am 

I used to watch MTV on a regular basis back in 1992–96, but luckily managed to find my way out of that lifestyle after a family intervention and a few years of counseling. Thank god I didn't get a cell phone till I was 23 or so, I would've beheaded my parents long ago.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:42 am 

Under_Starmere wrote:
I used to watch MTV on a regular basis back in 1992–96, but luckily managed to find my way out of that lifestyle after a family intervention and a few years of counseling. Thank god I didn't get a cell phone till I was 23 or so, I would've beheaded my parents long ago.

One of my friends used to watch MTV, next thing I knew he took two whole marijuanas and died instantly.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:43 am 

:lol:

Under_Starmere, I didn't know you had TV in Innsmouth.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:01 am 

Sorry to hear about your friend, BastardHead. If he has a memorial site on the internet I would like to visit it and leave some words of support in the guestbook. People just don't understand the dangers.

@Xlxlx: We didn't have TV as such, it was more of a semi-spherical mineral basin, sort of like a geode, within which frequencies could be pooled from the intergalactic winds. You'd be surprised what sort of junk the eldritch arts could pirate. We had everything from Wheel of Fortune to Nature (a show which, I might add, is full of drastic evolutionary misinformation and outright lies about the origins of life on this planet). We even got HBO on clear nights.

Calusari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:11 am 

To capitalise on Xlxlx's reference, I must say that I'm glad to hear R'lyeh gets HBO; where would the priests of the Elder Gods be without their dose of Six Feet Under?

I don't think I've seen more than a couple of accumulated hours of MTV itself, though I do love some of the classic shows that originated there in the 90s; Daria being a good example. Hell, I am Daria. Some of my friends actually used to call me that in high school.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:25 am 

Under_Starmere wrote:
@Xlxlx: We didn't have TV as such, it was more of a semi-spherical mineral basin, sort of like a geode, within which frequencies could be pooled from the intergalactic winds. You'd be surprised what sort of junk the eldritch arts could pirate. We had everything from Wheel of Fortune to Nature (a show which, I might add, is full of drastic evolutionary misinformation and outright lies about the origins of life on this planet). We even got HBO on clear nights.

Niiiiiiiiiice. Why did you leave though? It sounds like a cool place, fish rape and human sacrifices notwithstanding, that is. Gotta root for your own species, you know?
Calusari wrote:
To capitalise on Xlxlx's reference, I must say that I'm glad to hear R'lyeh gets HBO; where would the priests of the Elder Gods be without their dose of Six Feet Under?

Not to be a geek or a jerk obsessed with accuracy, but the Deep city near Innsmouth is actually Y'ha-nthlei, not R'lyeh :-P Great Cthulhu is not pleased with you, Calusari!

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:35 am 

I left to get my degree at Miskatonic in religious studies; now I'm doing a master's in submarine architecture. I try to visit when I can. I still go back for Walpurgisnacht and winter solstice, which is great. Nice to see family. Looking forward to moving back! Living among purebreed humans gets pretty dry, if you know what I mean.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:47 am 

I don't think I know what you mean, seeing my genetic make up is vastly different from yours. Still though, make sure to go back before the Innsmouth look starts developing. You don't want to raise any suspicions, do you? Oh, and say hi to Father Dagon and Mother Hydra for me when you get there!

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:19 am 

Smartphones... mine is about seven years old (give or take) and is hideously out of date, and fashion. Oh well.

What I find HILARIOUS about the smartphones/fuckbook relationship is when I and my beautiful significant other are out at the pub, all the younguns' that frequent our favourite watering hole will arrive in pairs or what have you, select a table to sit at, and then proceed to simultaneously whip out there smartphones and check facebook - immediately. Occasionally, uncomfortably, some conversation may break out, maybe, then it's back to facebook again. Good to be out with friends huh?

EDIT: PLEASE tell me that facebook has not yet infiltrated to the Deep Ones yet fish man?

My collection

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 737, 738, 739, 740, 741, 742, 743 ... 827  Next