Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:43 pm 

Finally got this release through the mail. It was released at the end of 2012 and I must say it has probably become my highlight album of that year. Beautiful black metal with a very nature inspired atmosphere. The melodies are beautiful and very melancholic and the many acoustic sections just take it to another level, with a small use of keyboards here and there to add to the ambience. I am surprised I have not seen this band mentioned a bit more. Check this release out and see what you think, you will not be disappointed, I found it to be one of those rare albums that make me say wow to myself after first listen.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3IXEd1wzQ64

The_Apex_of_Collapse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:10 pm 

This is amazing stuff. Stormm you are always so spot on with your recs that I actually look forward to seeing them :metal: This one is no different. I absolutely love the instrumentation, and the production is perfect. This is my third listen while writing this and that is a good sign indeed. I am going to look for a physical copy asap.

Cheers

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:53 pm 

The_Apex_of_Collapse wrote:
This is amazing stuff. Stormm you are always so spot on with your recs that I actually look forward to seeing them :metal: This one is no different. I absolutely love the instrumentation, and the production is perfect. This is my third listen while writing this and that is a good sign indeed. I am going to look for a physical copy asap.

Cheers

Why thanks Apex, glad you enjoyed this also. I must agree that the production is perfect and the bass can be clearly heard through the mix. I can safely say if you get the cd you will not be disappointed mate, there are no fillers on this one.

Beer Baron
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:36 pm 

I listened to this online a couple of weeks back after seeing a review on the MA home page and i was kinda surprised no one was talking about it.
Not the least bit surprised STORMM knows about it though...
Really beautiful music

Last edited by Beer Baron on Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
CF_Mono
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:48 pm 

How am I supposed to watch this video? It says this is mobile youtube and clicking on anything does nothing.

Mushbil
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:57 pm 

CF_Mono wrote:
How am I supposed to watch this video? It says this is mobile youtube and clicking on anything does nothing.

All that pesky legwork out of the way.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IXEd1wzQ64

~Guest 171512
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:03 am 

Wow, thanks STORMM! This is exactly what I'm in the mood for right now. I agree with Apex, you always have great recommendations. Cheers! :)

ghost223
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:41 am 

Excellent music. Thanks for the recommendation, this reminds me a bit of Drudkh in a way which is always a plus.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:12 am 

Mushbil wrote:
CF_Mono wrote:

All that pesky legwork out of the way.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IXEd1wzQ64

:-P Did not even notice the different link as I was posting it from a mobile device. Nice to see a bit of love for these guys, I am waiting on a couple of other late 2012 releases to arrive which should be good, the Christmas mail has slowed things a bit but I was glad to get this one first as I had high hopes for it and it did not disappoint.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:33 am 

The_Apex_of_Collapse wrote:
This is amazing stuff. Stormm you are always so spot on with your recs

My thoughts exactly! :)

I loved the buildup of this song. Again, nothing outrageously original but the atmosphere created quite suited my tastes. Will try to get hold of this album along with Gallowbraid

Krav
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:15 am 

Not bad, but something about the production bugs me. I don't mind clean production, but this seemed almost machine-like. Or maybe it's just cause it's five in the morning and I was eating really crunchy crackers while listening. Either way, I'll have to check it out again later knowing more of what to expect. Does anyone know of a US distro stocking this?

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:26 am 

Krav wrote:
Not bad, but something about the production bugs me. I don't mind clean production, but this seemed almost machine-like. Or maybe it's just cause it's five in the morning and I was eating really crunchy crackers while listening. Either way, I'll have to check it out again later knowing more of what to expect. Does anyone know of a US distro stocking this?

I really enjoyed the production on it to be honest, I think it really suits the atmosphere. Try here Krav for a list of Sun & Moon distributors -

http://sunandmoonrecords.com/index.php?m=1165219489

Or here is a link to Sun & Moon on the archives -

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=92793&hilit=blaze+of+sorrow

Krav
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:55 am 

Thanks for the link but I went through those already before I posted! It probably just hasn't been enough time since the release, but the only one from that list I found stocking anything by the band was Ominous Domain and it wasn't Echi.

I will definitely be taking another listen soon since it seemed like something I would really be into if not for the circumstances.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:06 am 

Wow, this is some amazing stuff. Definitely a little bit of Drudkh in there, but the warm atmosphere reminds me of Dammerfarben. Now, I'm off to find a distro that sells this.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:28 am 

henkkjelle wrote:
Wow, this is some amazing stuff. Definitely a little bit of Drudkh in there, but the warm atmosphere reminds me of Dammerfarben. Now, I'm off to find a distro that sells this.

Good call henkkjelle, those are two bands I think of while listening to this as well as Alcest and Lantlos. All a good combination if you ask me haha

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:48 pm 

STORMM wrote:
henkkjelle wrote:

Good call henkkjelle, those are two bands I think of while listening to this as well as Alcest and Lantlos. All a good combination if you ask me haha

Edit - good minds think alike as they are due to release a split with Dammerfarben in March funny enough.

Tron_79
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:06 pm 

Really like this...its the style of BM I've been into recently so thanks for posting!

my last.fm

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:11 pm 

I heard the album yesterday, pretty cool stuff, thanks STORMM!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:39 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
I heard the album yesterday, pretty cool stuff, thanks STORMM!

Tron_79 wrote:
Really like this...its the style of BM I've been into recently so thanks for posting!

Good to see you guys also enjoyed it, my pleasure :thumbsup: thanks to all above ;)

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:27 pm 

Krav wrote:
Does anyone know of a US distro stocking this?

Hells Headbangers now have this in stock and at a fair price I must add -

http://www.shop-hellsheadbangers.com/it ... &PID=28170

Reply to topic